Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) (10531 Views)

Was Ojukwu A Warrior And A Hero? / Why Was Awolowo Not Good To Be President But Peter Obi Is? / Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by naptu2: 3:40am On Jan 31, 2019
1) The glass casket with Awo's body. He was dressed in his wig and gown and his famous cap was placed on the casket.

2) Hunters give a gun salute (with their dane guns) to Awo in Ibadan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Ofemannnu: 8:19am On Jan 31, 2019
Fidelismaria:
Hmmm

I still don't understand why this two tribes called Yoruba and Igbo hate each other so much

Can someone enlighten me?

What's the cause of this hatred ?

Why do they hate each other so much?
I do not really think that they hate each other.Igbos were late to civilization and it really pained them when they woke up to reality that
only Yorubas are far ahead of them in Nigeria and the world in almost all facets of life.
Development,Economy,Industries,Professors,Universities,Artists,Politicians,Infrastructures,Businesses,GDP,IGR etc....just name it,the Yorubas are leading.
Go and read about the history of Nigeria and you will know that the Igbo leaders had always known that the only tribe to measure up to is the Yoruba tribe who had always had one over the Igbo.
Go and read the story of Esau(had Igbo tendency)and Jacob(had Yoruba tendency) and you will understand.
It is all about competition and bloated ego.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by naptu2: 6:19am On Feb 02, 2019
Pictures taken at Ikenne

1) Members of the Rosicrucian Order perform their last rights on Awo (he was a member of the order).

2) Mourners file past the casket.

3) Chief Bola Ige beside Awo's casket.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crowd Hails President Buhari In Katsina (Video) / Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? / Bola Tinubu Celebrates 64th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.