Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions (39309 Views)

Agbakoba Makes Revelation About Tanko Muhammed, Acting CJN Appointed By Buhari / Election Tribunal Members Inaugurated By Acting CJN Picked By Onnoghen – Officia / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Viergeachar: 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
SirBunky85:
the fg's main concern is to remove onnoghen cuz he has bn compromised by saraki and co.evn if tanko goes, Mary odili who is another ally of onnoghen and d PDP can't be the cjn.so long as onnoghen is out, d mission has bn accomplished

It's okay.

So far due process is adhered to.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by SirBunky85(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Moventist:

Is Buhari God? Tanko is the acting head of supreme court, though not yet recognized but there are about 14 justices in supreme court who currently are presiding over cases
dat doesn't answer my question-who will be cjn dat will give d ruling in d Supreme court?I thought u pple said tanko isn't recognized? Mr man,pmb ain't God for sure but,in dis particular saga,he's god and evn d njc knows dat .DAT is why dey are being diplomatic in dia approach cuz dey know dat dia recommendations are not binding on pmb

2 Likes

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by adanny01(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
2 petition against Tanko MOhammed.

That guy is gone, he should just bid farewell also

Funny, you guys dont know jack.

Look at this scenerio, if NJC after receiving their responses and decides to recommend suspension for both Onnoghen and Tanko Mohammed. Ask yourself, who is their recommendations going to; BUHARI!

NJC has no power to suspend, or remove the CJN. Their power is to recommend to the President.

Even the National assembly with their 2/3 vote has no power to suspend or remove the CJN. They can only by that vote recommend the suspension or removal of the CJN by the President. See
A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances–

(a) in the case of –

“Chief Justice of Nigeria, President of the Court of Appeal, Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Chief Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Grand Kadi of the Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and President, Customary Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, by the President acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate.

The actual power to suspend or remove the CJN rest with the president, NJC or the senate can only recommend.

At the end of the day, if Bubari wants Tanko to remain, no one, i repeat no one, i repeat again no one has the power to remove that CJN, not until May 29th if Atiku becomes president, then he has that power.

That power to remove or suspend exclusively rest with the president. Dont forget GEJ went ahead to ignore the NJC's recommendation by sacking the appeal court president after NJC cleared him. This is no different.

Onnoghen has been a goner since when Buhari suspended him.

On the side, let me also inform you if you dont know, one other body that has the right by the constitution to remove any public officer from office by way of ex parte order is the CCT
11. Failure to declare your assets as required
under the provisions of paragraph 11 of the 5th
Schedule of the Federal Constitution shall attract
on conviction any or all of the following; (a)
Removal from office,
(b) Disqualification from
holding any Public office, (c) forfeiture to the
state any property acquired in abuse of office or
dishonest

Onnoghen's removal by PMB is completely legal, however, the speed with which the order was procured was the real issue. Even with that, i dont blame Buhari since Onnoghen also procured a very strange and quick order too from the appeal court. The game was 1-1 but Buhari's goal was a away goal.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by ozo13(m): 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
Guzel:
Onnoghen is going small small.
Next will be suspension by NJC
hehehe.the thing dey sweet me for belle.technical knock out.even if Tanko no dey I dey see another person name there to be in acting capacity grin

1 Like

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2019
adanny01:

Funny, you guys dont know jack.

Look at this scenerio, if NJC after receiving their responses and decides to recommend suspension for both Onnoghen and Tanko Mohammed. Ask yourself, who is their recommendations going to; BUHARI!

NJC has no power to suspend, or remove the CJN. Their power is to recommend to the President.

Even the National assembly with their 2/3 vote has no power to suspend or remove the CJN. They can only by that vote recommend the suspension or removal of the CJN by the President. See

The actual power to suspend or remove the CJN rest with the president, NJC or the senate can only recommend.

At the end of the day, if Bubari wants Tanko to remain, no one, i repeat no one, i repeat again no one has the power to remove that CJN, not until May 29th if Atiku becomes president, then he has that power.

That power to remove or suspend exclusively rest with the president. Dont forget GEJ went ahead to ignore the NJC's recommendation by sacking the CJN. This is no different.

Onnoghen has been a goner since when Buhari suspended him.

On the side, let me also inform you if you dont know, one other body that has the right by the constitution to remove any public officer from office by way of ex parte order is the CCT

Onnoghen's removal by PMB is completely legal, however, the speed with which the order was procured was the real issue. Even with that, i dont blame Buhari since Onnoghen also procured a very strange and quick order too from the appeal court. The game was 1-1 but Buhari's goal was a away goal.
Lol see hypocritical lawyer.See as you were quoting law for the removal of the CJN letting is know that the NJC or senate could only recommend to the president.You did not whoever show us the section that gave the president the power to suspend the CJN.

The section of the CCT law you quoted had a clause.It says the CCT can recommend the removal of a public official UPON CONVICTION.Now was the CJN convicted by the CCT? Do you even know the meaning of the phrase "exparte order"?

Now to your point that Tanko will not be sacked by the. president if the NJC recomends it.Well that also is possible.But Tanko will only remain a judge in title alone and will never adjudicate upon any case until the president finally sacks him or he attains the statutory retirement age.

BTW Tanko will be automatically sacked once the CCT order is set aside by either the appeal or supreme courts.They dont need to get the president's recommendation to deliver the right judgment.

On the Salami issue Justice Salami was duly retired by GEJ following a recomendation from the NJC.Their cases are not similar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Halo22: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the correction. But that doesn't sound like a Nigerian name.
Moventist:

Justice Rhodes Vivour is the most senior before Mary Odili
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Oski34: 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
*KIRKLAND & FELT*

*BOOM BOOM BOOM NEWS REAL COMPANY 100%*������

Kirkland & Felt is composed of John Kirkland and William Felt, both well experienced in their respective industries. Mr. Kirkland is a proprietor of a Bitcoin mining operation since 2011 in Iceland and Mr. Felt has been in the stock market trading since the mid 1990's. With the industry of trading evolving through the years, his expertise has been put well in good use in the crypto currency trading market since 2016.

*KIRKLAND FET*
*PACKAGES*

��� *1. MAX TRADE*
*7%Daily*
*Minimum Deposit $25 - $100,000*
*Total Days 20*
*GET STARTED*�

��� *2. HIGH TRADE*
*155% AFTER 28 DAYS*
*Minimum Deposit $10 - $100,000*
*GET STARTED*�

��� *3. MINING PLAN*
*1.25%Daily*
*Minimum Deposit $10 - $100,000*
*Total Days 20*
*GET STARTED*�

https://www.kirkfelt.com/splash.php?ref=Nazom3
*Register here* ..�

*REFERRAL COMMISSION*
7% 2% 1%

*minimum withdraw*
perfect money 0$
Payeer 0$
Dogecoin 0$
Dash 0$
Bitcoin 0$

TELEGRAM
http:///kfelt
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by adanny01(m): 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Lol see hypocritical lawyer.See as you were quoting law for the removal of the CJN letting is know that the NJC or senate could only recommend to the president. 1. You did not whoever show us the section that gave the president the power to suspend the CJN.

The section of the CCT law you quoted had a clause.It says the CCT can recommend the removal of a public official UPON CONVICTION.Now was the CJN convicted by the CCT? Do you even know the meaning of the phrase "exparte order"?

Now to your point that Tanko will not be sacked by the. president if the NJC recomends it.Well that also is possible.2.But Tanko will only remain a judge in title alone and will never adjudicate upon any case until the president finally sacks him or he attains the statutory retirement age.

1. Show me the part of the Constitution GEJ used to suspend Sanusi as CBN governor and i will show you the part Buhari used to suspend the CJN.

2. The power to be appointment as the CJN rest with the president and no one else. NJC cannot usurp that power by creating a vacuum in the position of the CJN. The president can ignore all the NJC's recommendations and they will remain a toothless bulldog. Even the senate cant do anything.

Lastly, i really do not care what illegality the CCT did to get the required justice. As far as i am concerned, they saved the Judiciary from beig dragged down the mud by Onnoghen. Call it a doctrine of necessity or whatever you may wish. Thank God the CCT judge knew the difference between an exparte order and an order and chose the one that suit the removal of the embattled CJN.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Naajjii: 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
Buckubuck:

Go and find out about Rhodes-Vivour before you start hyperventilating
What is it about Rhodes-Vivour ? If he is not clean he will face the music no way he can get there. Any of those judges if they have at one time engaged in corruption such records will be brought out during their screening. Now judges will begin to act properly. This is Buhari's effect whether IPOB people like it or not
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by adanny01(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
Asshurbanipal:
Onnoghen is not going. He acknowledged his undeclared assets. He will simply update that's all

Am surprised that 13 people liked your post, meanwhile you didnt know that he cant.

All public officers are allowed to declare or update previous declaration within 3 months of being sworn into a new office and then every 4yrs in office and lastly immediately after leaving office.

He has spent over 2 yrs in office without doing it, so he cant. 3 months after being sworn in as CJN without updating his previous declaration, his old declaration is automatically entered as the current and any contravention would become a criminal offense. That update window has closed long ago.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Foolishbuhari: 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
nonsobaba:
Papa Chukwudi 44, defender of corruption and everything evil, you have failed again cheesy grin. Onnoghen is gone, he is never coming back!

Na only onnognen you see there abi? Tanko is also a goner!

Onnoghen was never the aim... Due process is
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by deomelo: 12:56am On Jan 30, 2019
SOFTENGR:

You're partisan, I'm not. So you can't understand my point.

The matter is not about Onoghen, neither is it about Buhari, but about respect and regard for our constitution. If Onoghen has case to answer, he should, but you don't disregard the constitution simply because someone you accused refuse to do the needful. Two wrongs don't make a right.

What's partisanship got to do with the crooked, corrupt and disgraced judge?

What do you corruption loving and defending people know about the constitution? Nothing.

The crooked judge not only violated your constitution, he openly confessed that he did so if you really care about the constitution, you and your kind should have asked him to resign and step aside for violating your constitution, but you care less about that crook and the Nigerian constitution so stop fooling yourself with that fake concern and crocodile tears about the constitution.

Or was the useless judge respecting your constitution when he violated your constitution?

Was he respecting due process when he objected the CCT's jurisdiction and procured several injunctions to stall his trial even though he'd delivered judgments stating categorically affirming the CCT's exclusive jurisdiction to deal with such matters?

Was he upholding your constitution when he postponed indefinitely NJC meeting just to obstruct and deny due process because of his own selfish and self-serving reason?

I know you people, you care less about Nigeria and the Nigerian constitution, it's all about politics, hatred, tribalism and all the other rubbish you people have been boring us with.

I don't even get how you people rave and shout about the constitution and due process on one side, but ignore gross violation of the constitution on the other side.

You people are nothing but self-serving hypocrites
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:28am On Jan 30, 2019
adanny01:

1. Show me the part of the Constitution GEJ used to suspend Sanusi as CBN governor and i will show you the part Buhari used to suspend the CJN.

2. The power to be appointment as the CJN rest with the president and no one else. NJC cannot usurp that power by creating a vacuum in the position of the CJN. The president can ignore all the NJC's recommendations and they will remain a toothless bulldog. Even the senate cant do anything.

Lastly, i really do not care what illegality the CCT did to get the required justice. As far as i am concerned, they saved the Judiciary from beig dragged down the mud by Onnoghen. Call it a doctrine of necessity or whatever you may wish. Thank God the CCT judge knew the difference between an exparte order and an order and chose the one that suit the removal of the embattled CJN.
Lol the supreme court or appeal courts will also make recomendations to the president? The courts will deliver a consequent order which will take effect immediately.

BTW the power to sppoint the CJN does not lie with the president
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by GleestarsMag: 4:58am On Jan 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEHrOgDtwbU

State of the Nation Address by Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Monday, January 28th, 2019. #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain #TheAtikuPlan #GNWA2019 #BetterNigeria

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by orisa37: 5:15am On Jan 30, 2019
That is authoritative, democratic and responsible. May The God of Nigeria grant them Discerning Spirit to handle this human natural misgivings.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by SOFTENGR: 5:37am On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:

What's partisanship got to do with the crooked, corrupt and disgraced judge?

What do you corruption loving and defending people know about the constitution? Nothing.

The crooked judge not only violated your constitution, he openly confessed that he did so if you really care about the constitution, you and your kind should have asked him to resign and step aside for violating your constitution, but you care less about that crook and the Nigerian constitution so stop fooling yourself with that fake concern and crocodile tears about the constitution.

Or was the useless judge respecting your constitution when he violated your constitution?

Was he respecting due process when he objected the CCT's jurisdiction and procured several injunctions to stall his trial even though he'd delivered judgments stating categorically affirming the CCT's exclusive jurisdiction to deal with such matters?

Was he upholding your constitution when he postponed indefinitely NJC meeting just to obstruct and deny due process because of his own selfish and self-serving reason?

I know you people, you care less about Nigeria and the Nigerian constitution, it's all about politics, hatred, tribalism and all the other rubbish you people have been boring us with.

I don't even get how you people rave and shout about the constitution and due process on one side, but ignore gross violation of the constitution on the other side.

You people are nothing but self-serving hypocrites

Those who carry out jungle justice think exactly like you. They are blindfolded by the criminal act to the extent that they don't care about the law, which makes us different from animals in the jungle. They simply shout "thief thief!". They decide that the accused is guilty as charged and lynch the accused instantly.
That's the way you think.
That is crude and crazy. How can you be the accuser, the judge and executor at the same time?
We are organized humans governed by laws, so don't be so crude like animals in the jungle.
The law is above every one of us. So let's be guided.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 30, 2019
mushystuff:

Why breach in the first place and then seek to 'regularise'? By your admission, there was a breach hence your use of the word 'regularize'. How are those who criticized such Constitutional breaches goats? You should be objective enough to criticize wrong when it occurs.

I agree there was an executive overreach and also believe the CJN ought not to desperately attempt to stall his trial by chasing loopholes. He should have resigned but his postponement of the NJC meeting was diabolic and the executive had no choice.

1 Like

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by omoluka: 7:26am On Jan 30, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Those who carry out jungle justice think exactly like you. They are blindfolded by the criminal act to the extent that they don't care about the law, which makes us different from animals in the jungle. They simply shout "thief thief!". They decide that the accused is guilty as charged and lynch the accused instantly.
That is crude and crazy. How can you be the accuser, the judge and executor at the same time?
We are organized humans governed by laws, so don't be so crude like animals in the jungle.
I like this,
i think black man or should i say Nigerians are naturally unruly

1 Like

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by deomelo: 8:00am On Jan 30, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Stop talking rubbish, you care less about the law because if you do, you should be asking the crooking and corrupt judge to resign because he broke the same law and violated your constitution and he confessed that he did.

Do you care about your laws that he violated?

Talking about the accuser, the judge and the executioner, was the useless judge not deciding his own case and taking the law into his own hand by canceling the NJC meeting indefinitely just to dodge and evade NJC investigating and recommending him for prosecution. What kind of justice was that? Was that not dictatorship and jungle justice.?

Hypocrite, I know people like you, you love to see crooked and corrupt public officials evade justice and dodge accountability because mentally and culturally, you are equally corrupt.

Now, let me ask you, do you think the crooked judge should resign? Yes or No?
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2019
Naajjii:

What is it about Rhodes-Vivour ? If he is not clean he will face the music no way he can get there. Any of those judges if they have at one time engaged in corruption such records will be brought out during their screening. Now judges will begin to act properly. This is Buhari's effect whether IPOB people like it or not
Unfortunately, Buhari effect is just like the next bottle to a drunk man; makes no difference. Tell me how many those judges have been convicted since the DSS raid. Some of them even got reliefs from the courts. If the buhari effect can keep danladi umar as CCT chairman while in trial for corruption but expect onnoghen to resign on less burdensome allegations, don't you think something is fundamentally flawed about the effect. Its that flaw that makes most people not the effect seriously
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by adanny01(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Lol the supreme court or appeal courts will also make recomendations to the president? The courts will deliver a consequent order which will take effect immediately.

BTW the power to sppoint the CJN does not lie with the president

Court orders dont take effect by themselves, they are obeyed or disobeyed by the executive which enforces law.

That power does lie with the president whether you agree or not. The president is not bound to obey the recommendation of the NJC nor virdict or order of the supreme court. In appointing a CJN, the NJC forwards names of senior judges to be appointed, the president can reject and ask them to renominate. At the end, its the president who approves and swear into office the CJN. Even with a supreme courts virdict, enforcement is the responsibility of the excutive especially with regards to this case. Judiciary dont enforce law, they adjudicate law, the NA makes laws and the excutive enforce law.

No one can act or be the CJN without the president putting the person in office.

For someone who knows law you argue in a partisan way. Partisanship has blinded you from the truth. I just hope you didnt study law, cause i would be ashamed for saying or even implying these insinuations.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:34am On Jan 30, 2019
adanny01:

Court orders dont take effect by themselves, they are obeyed or disobeyed by the executive which enforces law.

That power does lie with the president whether you agree or not. The president is not bound to obey the recommendation of the NJC nor virdict or order of the supreme court. In appointing a CJN, the NJC forwards names of senior judges to be appointed, the president can reject and ask them to renominate. At the end, its the president who approves and swear into office the CJN. Even with a supreme courts virdict, enforcement is the responsibility of the excutive especially with regards to this case. Judiciary dont enforce law, they adjudicate law, the NA makes laws and the excutive enforce law.

No one can act or be the CJN without the president putting the person in office.

For someone who knows law you argue in a partisan way. Partisanship has blinded you from the truth. I just hope you didnt study law, cause i would be ashamed for saying or even implying these insinuations.

There is no need arguing further with you.Lets watch as events unfold.When the supreme court eventually delivers a ruling automatically reinstating Justice Onnogen lets see how Buhari will stop him from functioning
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Naajjii: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2019
Buckubuck:

Unfortunately, Buhari effect is just like the next bottle to a drunk man; makes no difference. Tell me how many those judges have been convicted since the DSS raid. Some of them even got reliefs from the courts. If the buhari effect can keep danladi umar as CCT chairman while in trial for corruption but expect onnoghen to resign on less burdensome allegations, don't you think something is fundamentally flawed about the effect. Its that flaw that makes most people not the effect seriously
Wether you like it or not Judges especially supreme court judges will adjust and would be very careful about how they act henceforth owing from Onnoghen experience, that is Buhari's effects. Are you saying because Danladi case is not fully dealt with then Onnoghen is right for concealing his account from government? Or are you comparing the Danladi with Onnoghen in terms of sensitivity of positions? A time will come Danladi will also face the music if he is found guilty. The President is on point by that suspension because such a man cannot continue to head the judiciary.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2019
Naajjii:

Wether you like it or not Judges especially supreme court judges will adjust and would be very careful about how they act henceforth owing from Onnoghen experience, that is Buhari's effects. Are you saying because Danladi case is not fully dealt with then Onnoghen is right for concealing his account from government? Or are you comparing the Danladi with Onnoghen in terms of sensitivity of positions? A time will come Danladi will also face the music if he is found guilty. The President is on point by that suspension because such a man cannot continue to head the judiciary.
Danladi's case has been on for years. When will his time come?? If a man whose office is directly under the presidency is allowed to hold his post, what is the justification for other judges to adjust you so wish. In case you don't know, media trials have no bearing on substance of a case. The fact is you're here making noise, but some judges made some cool millions out of the DSS raid. So tell me more abt the buhari effect
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Naajjii: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2019
Buckubuck:

Danladi's case has been on for years. When will his time come?? If a man whose office is directly under the presidency is allowed to hold his post, what is the justification for other judges to adjust you so wish. In case you don't know, media trials have no bearing on substance of a case. The fact is you're here making noise, but some judges made some cool millions out of the DSS raid. So tell me more abt the buhari effect
Buhari's effects is Onnoghen is out, Buhari's effects is Judges were rushing to CCB to sort their records. Last week You people were saying heaven will fall this week, now we are in this week and the Onnoghen man is gone forever who is the noise maker now ?
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by adanny01(m): 9:43am On Jan 30, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

There is no need arguing further with you.Lets watch as events unfold.When the supreme court eventually delivers a ruling automatically reinstating Justice Onnogen lets see how Buhari will stop him from functioning

Fine Papa
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2019
Naajjii:

Buhari's effects is Onnoghen is out, Buhari's effects is Judges were rushing to CCB to sort their records. Last week You people were saying heaven will fall this week, now we are in this week and the Onnoghen man is gone forever who is the noise maker now ?
Seems you're short-sighted. Onnoghen out to what end? Judges sort out their assets declaration should tell you they probably have nothing to hide then. Except you mean to tell me the endgame is onnoghen and not corruption in the judiciary. If it's the former, then the effect is of no consequence since Tanko is also on his way out. In such a scenario, the judiciary wins, things remain as they were and ur buhari effect is all sounds and fury signifying nothing!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by SOFTENGR: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:

Stop talking rubbish, you care less about the law because if you do, you should be asking the crooking and corrupt judge to resign because he broke the same law and violated your constitution and he confessed that he did.

Do you care about your laws that he violated?

Talking about the accuser, the judge and the executioner, was the useless judge not deciding his own case and taking the law into his own hand by canceling the NJC meeting indefinitely just to dodge and evade NJC investigating and recommending him for prosecution. What kind of justice was that? Was that not dictatorship and jungle justice.?

Hypocrite, I know people like you, you love to see crooked and corrupt public officials evade justice and dodge accountability because mentally and culturally, you are equally corrupt.

Now, let me ask you, do you think the crooked judge should resign? Yes or No?

I don't argue with blind people like you.
But remember, he who rides on a tiger will definitely end up in its belly.
Don't complain when it's your turn because if you support evil, you will reap evil.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by BafanaBafana: 10:38am On Jan 30, 2019
CrestMan:

Walter is not coming back to continue on a long term for sure because of the allegations against him for morality sake but will be reinstated and properly asked to resign in a befitting way BUT TANKO just missed the golden opportunity to become LEGAL CJN because he will also be sanctioned for participating in the kangaroo appointment! Both side wins(PDP60% APC40%). My humble opinion
That's partly a wish. Justice Onnoghen is not comming back. He is gone for good. APC wins 100%
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Naajjii: 11:33am On Jan 30, 2019
Buckubuck:

Seems you're short-sighted. Onnoghen out to what end? Judges sort out their assets declaration should tell you they probably have nothing to hide then. Except you mean to tell me the endgame is onnoghen and not corruption in the judiciary. If it's the former, then the effect is of no consequence since Tanko is also on his way out. In such a scenario, the judiciary wins, things remain as they were and ur buhari effect is all sounds and fury signifying nothing!!
It seems you got a challenge comprehending basic things.Onneghen out is an example for future would be CJN to act and behave in the right manner because the same situation might happen to them. You never know!! Declare you assets without hiding anything and if government got a question or two about your declared assets then you will explain and if you fail to give proper account then you face the music. Onnaghen is facing the music for not declaring some of his bank accounts there is a possibility of another music if the government have a reason to doubt the source of those millions of dollars in his account. Future judges will be careful that's the Buhari effect. Set an example.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 30, 2019
Naajjii:

It seems you got a challenge comprehending basic things.Onneghen out is an example for future would be CJN to act and behave in the right manner because the same situation might happen to them. You never know!! Declare you assets without hiding anything and if government got a question or two about your declared assets then you will explain and if you fail to give proper account then you face the music. Onnaghen is facing the music for not declaring some of his bank accounts there is a possibility of another music if the government have a reason to doubt the source of those millions of dollars in his account. Future judges will be careful that's the Buhari effect. Set an example.
Unfortunately for you, it does not hold water because we all know the process of assets declaration is not airtight. The suspension of onnoghen is without doubt illegal and buhari carried out this illegality due to political calculations. Unlike you, judges are not dumb. If the case had gone the normal route, it would have ended up like saraki or tinubu's case. What I'm telling you is that a politically motivated case like this only serves to intimidate judges into pandering to the executive which will never happen because they are intelligent people who know right from left
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by mushystuff: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2019
1stCitizen:

I agree there was an executive overreach and also believe the CJN ought not to desperately attempt to stall his trial by chasing loopholes. He should have resigned but his postponement of the NJC meeting was diabolic and the executive had no choice.

The postponement occurred after the executive breach and not before. The question then remains, why breach in the first place and then seek to regularise? That is plain evil done just because the Executive could with all armed security forces under its control and to suit its political interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adeleke Forged Certificates, Oyetola Tells Tribunal / Detained Adeleke To Be Arraigned In Abuja Today / 60th Birthday Messages To Oluremi Tinubu On The Nations Newspaper (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.