Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,389 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions (39635 Views)

Agbakoba Makes Revelation About Tanko Muhammed, Acting CJN Appointed By Buhari / Election Tribunal Members Inaugurated By Acting CJN Picked By Onnoghen – Officia / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Naajjii: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
Buckubuck:

Unfortunately for you, it does not hold water because we all know the process of assets declaration is not airtight. The suspension of onnoghen is without doubt illegal and buhari carried out this illegality due to political calculations. Unlike you, judges are not dumb. If the case had gone the normal route, it would have ended up like saraki or tinubu's case. What I'm telling you is that a politically motivated case like this only serves to intimidate judges into pandering to the executive which will never happen because they are intelligent people who know right from left
I get the vibe that you are a beneficiary of corruption, now that the situation is being tackle by President Buhari you are not comfortable. A judge admitted that he forgot to declare banks accounts containing millions of dollars and the CCT tasked with the respobsibility of sorting out such situations did it job you are here saying illegal. If the judges are smart as you pointed why didn't this Onneghen foresee the situation and acted in a way that he won't get caught. Why did he hid the account in the first place. That is smartness in your corrupt world right?
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
Naajjii:

I get the vibe that you are a beneficiary of corruption, now that the situation is being tackle by President Buhari you are not comfortable. A judge admitted that he forgot to declare banks accounts containing millions of dollars and the CCT tasked with the respobsibility of sorting out such situations did it job you are here saying illegal. If the judges are smart as you pointed why didn't this Onneghen foresee the situation and acted in a way that he won't get caught. Why did he hid the account in the first place. That is smartness in your corrupt world right?
And you're an angel right? I put it to you that from passing waec to university admission and your present employment is through a corrupt process. You lots are so ignorant but pontificate unendingly. The CCB act says on admission of error, he's supposed to make corrections and no need to further take the matter to the CCT. The constitution says misconduct of judges should be referred to NJC first before any other step. Your buhari did nothing of such. Instead he conjured a suspension and you're here praising him. I'm sure if I mention babachir lawal now you'll go dumb. Gerrout joor!! Ode
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
mushystuff:

The postponement occurred after the executive breach and not before. The question then remains, why breach in the first place and then seek to regularise? That is plain evil done just because the Executive could with all armed security forces under its control and to suit its political interests.

He was suspended after he postponed the meeting and that is the only executive overreach which was necessary too.

"In the circumstances, there was a constitutional vacuum, which could not be allowed to linger ad infinitum. The doctrine of necessity requires that someone must step in to do the needful.

The onus fell on the President, the primus inter pares among the principalities of government, to break the logjam, as he did when he seized the opportunity of a CCT order to suspend (not remove) the CJN to prevent an infringement of the constitutional doctrine of Nemo Dat Judex in Causa Sua (you cannot be a judge in your own cause)"
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by Naajjii: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
Buckubuck:

And you're an angel right? I put it to you that from passing waec to university admission and your present employment is through a corrupt process. You lots are so ignorant but pontificate unendingly. The CCB act says on admission of error, he's supposed to make corrections and no need to further take the matter to the CCT. The constitution says misconduct of judges should be referred to NJC first before any other step. Your buhari did nothing of such. Instead he conjured a suspension and you're here praising him. I'm sure if I mention babachir lawal now you'll go dumb. Gerrout joor!! Ode
You and your Iyamiri brothers keep supportig bad things and corruption. We are here to check you people we are ready for all of you supporters of corruption and looting. President Buhari is here and corrupt people are having rough times, we are sorry if life is not easy for you as before, If you want to earn money you are going to have to work for it, no easy money any more . I can see you are apparently helpless , but this is the reality .President Buhari is here,this is just the beginning life will be tougher for all of you who are corrupt, in the next level by 2023 Insha Allah Nigeria will be on a path of glory.
If you keep waiting for corrupt money to survive, it won't come look for legit way to survive.

Now that Appeal court has decided that Onnonghen has a case to answer with CCT you supporters should look for another way for him to manipulate and escape, we are waiting .
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by mushystuff: 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
The breach I refer to is instituting charges first at the CCT before approaching the NJC. The FG only decided to do right after the loud rebukes and outcry against its unconstitutional action regarding judicial officers.
1stCitizen:

He was suspended after he postponed the meeting and that is the only executive overreach which was necessary too.

"In the circumstances, there was a constitutional vacuum, which could not be allowed to linger ad infinitum. The doctrine of necessity requires that someone must step in to do the needful.

The onus fell on the President, the primus inter pares among the principalities of government, to break the logjam, as he did when he seized the opportunity of a CCT order to suspend (not remove) the CJN to prevent an infringement of the constitutional doctrine of Nemo Dat Judex in Causa Sua (you cannot be a judge in your own cause)"
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by deomelo: 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
[s]
SOFTENGR:

I don't argue with blind people like you.
But remember, he who rides on a tiger will definitely end up in its belly.
Don't complain when it's your turn because if you support evil, you will reap evil.
[/s]

And I don't agree with unpatriotic, corruption loving and defending hypocrites like you.

You can not say you support the constitution and the laws of Nigeria and still not demanding that lawbreakers and violators of our constitution resign and submit themselves for accountability. It doesn't work that way, you can not support the law on one side and refuse to do so on the other side, it's hypocrisy and mental corruption and lawlessness.

You care less about our laws and constitution, you are just another hate mongering anti-Nigerian element supporting crooked and corrupt judges and public officials.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by SOFTENGR: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

And I don't agree with unpatriotic, corruption loving and defending hypocrites like you.

You can not say you support the constitution and the laws of Nigeria and still not demanding that lawbreakers and violators of our constitution resign and submit themselves for accountability. It doesn't work that way, you can not support the law on one side and refuse to do so on the other side, it's hypocrisy and mental corruption and lawlessness.

You care less about our laws and constitution, you are just another hate mongering anti-Nigerian element supporting crooked and corrupt judges and public officials.

Grow up Pls. It's not everyone that criticizes Government is unpatriotic. A patriotic person cares more about adherence to law rather than being a political follower.
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by gretblue: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
I am tired of explaining simple law to zombies
Why do you love disgracing your generation?
Re: Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions by haffaze777(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2019
gare:

This is the end of the road for Tanko, Onnoghen we all know will not come back, but Tanko stepping in without due process will be so rubbished

Please stay alive till the day Tanko will swear buhari in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Voters Receive Cash, Gifts From Politicians - The Nation (Pics) / Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Nnamdi Kanu With Some Igbo Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.