Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Must Children Be Pushed Through School ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Must Children Be Pushed Through School ? (237 Views)

Why Do MOST Nigerian Parents Rush Their Kids Through School? / At What Age Should Children Be Exposed To Religious Views? (national Discourse) / Nans Leader Condemns Payment Of Lecturers Salaries Through School Fees Increment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Children Be Pushed Through School ? by sexysage(m): 4:29am On Jan 30, 2019
Teachers, lecturers and stake holders in the Nigerian education system are becoming frustrated by the day with an increase in underage population in the system. This reminds me of the experience I had with a boy whose mom insisted he should skip classes in a bid to accelerate his academic career not considering his academic capability. I taught the boy and indeed he wasn't coping but it's a pity his mum wasn't helping matters. Today in the country the desperation is becoming heightened by the day with the kind of pressure these inconsiderate parents mount on people in the education system. It's so sad that even semi-literate and stack illiterate parents even today dictate what teachers are meant to do as to how their kids can be nurtured academically and that's why the quality of teachers in the system today is nothing to write home about.
The system has so much deteriorated that parents, teachers and school owners work hand in hand to perpetrate this evil I term "operation pushy pushy"
Many of these "pushy pushies" have excellent results that they cannot defend as they do not understand that only a few people have this excellence at that particular stage in life as prodigies. Unreasonable private school owners have so given rascal parents guts that they feel they can go as far as assaulting teachers so far they are not doing what they pay for especially when a child is being corrected even when the correction is mildly done.
It's so pathetic that today in schools you find a majority of these underage youngsters finding it hard to cope academically both at secondary and tertiary levels because a majority of them are not psychologically matured . It's appalling today finding 13 year olds in sss3 and it's a thing of joy to their parents. If I may ask where are these people rushing to ? even when admission policies are in place. I'm of the opinion this is gradually wreaking havoc in the Nigerian atmosphere , as universities churn out half baked young graduates in larger numbers annually.
A majority of these graduates have nothing offer as they didn't go through certain phases of development career wise. Now it's becoming terrible with the selfish cabals having grip of power who prefer investing in thuggery to education such that they can fulfil their selfish desires of staying in eternal control of national affairs.
If this trend is unchecked it will lead us no where as an urgent change and revolution is needed.
Here's my view on this matter as a concerned Nigerian, what's your take on it ?
Re: Must Children Be Pushed Through School ? by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 4:32am On Jan 30, 2019
It's an unfortunate situation,sadly its becoming a norm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FG Directs Immediate Crackdown On Illegal Tertiary Institutions / ASUU Strike,nigerian Education And The Nigerian Vision / 2019 Ijmb A Level Bus Mgt Students, Good News For U Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.