Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Biafran Dreams - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Biafran Dreams (415 Views)

The Nigerian Revolution And The Biafran War By Alexander A. Madiebo-pdf Download / DREAMS / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafran Dreams by HappyPagan: 7:53am On Jan 30, 2019
A place to call my home.
Where my home will be respected.
Not gunned down. Not bombed.

A chance to make the earth my heaven.
That my children's children go see udara chop
A chance to till their space on earth.

My future in my hands, not in a visa
My passport a source of pride, not escape
My cars and food, made by my people
The roads and bridges too.

The Biafran dream is an African dream
One of independence of body and soul
mind and ideas, not influenced by foreigners

to fall in love with the village people
to make the village your future, not jerusalem and mecca
to know the continent that holds our feet is ours
to design the continent in our own image, and ideas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Dreams by Heartforus(m): 7:58am On Jan 30, 2019
HappyPagan:
A place to call my home. Where my home will be respected. Not gunned down. Not bombed.
A chance to make the earth my heaven. That my children's children go see udara chop A chance to till their space on earth.
My future in my hands, not in a visa My passport a source of pride, not escape My cars and food, made by my people The roads and bridges too.
The Biafran dream is an African dream One of independence of body and soul mind and ideas, not influenced by foreigners

to fall in love with the village people to make the village your future, not jerusalem and mecca to know the continent that holds our feet is ours to design the continent in our own image, and ideas
This is a fascinating piece. .
Re: Biafran Dreams by HappyPagan: 8:41am On Jan 30, 2019
Heartforus:

This is a fascinating piece.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Many Escape Death As 'substandard' Scoreboard Of Newly-commissioned Stephen Kesh / Research / Dear Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.