Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets (16167 Views)

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times / Reno Omokri Challenges Buhari: Name 3 Projects You Initiated, Started, Completed / PDP Issues Statement On Oshiomhole's Corruption Case; Challenges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by mediaNGR: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2019
The Pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere has challenged President Muhammadu Buhari to publicly declare his assets.

Leader of Afenifere, Chief Reuben Fasoranti made the call while reminding Buhari of the promises he made in 2014 that he would declare his assets.

In a letter he personally signed entitled “I pledge to Nigeria”, Fasoranti said the president had vowed before the electorate that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission (RMFAC).

He said:
“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment.

“It is now four months to the end of the four-year tenure of Mr. President and this pledge has not been fulfilled. Instead of doing what he pledged, presidential aides have been giving all manners of untenable excuses in the last three and a half years.

“This is a moral burden as it is said that he who comes to equity must come with clean hands and that examples are better than precepts.”

The Afenifere leader stated that a leader must not set for others, standards that are very difficult for him to meet in the order of “do as I say and not as I do”.

He said:
“The jeopardy of President Buhari anti-corruption war has really been one set of rules for the goose and another set for the gander.

“Afenifere therefore asks the president to immediately make his assets declaration form public so Nigerians can hold him as a man of his words.

“Such a power of example sets greater tone for good conduct in society than a thousand arbitrariness in the name of fighting corruption. The true meaning of leadership is being able to lead by higher standards.”

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/afenifere-challenges-buhari-to-declare.html

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Imortal001: 8:09am On Jan 30, 2019
PMB will do just that, i trust him on that! meanwhile next level na em sure pass!

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by magoo10(m): 8:26am On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari is a fantastic hypocrite
His assets are 150 unproductive cows for over 20years.

In the other propaganda news fake afenifere endorses buhari.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2019
This is good..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by helinues: 8:35am On Jan 30, 2019
Which afenifere group be this? I thought one just endorsed Buhari reelections?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Racoon(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2019
PT: During his maiden media chat, President Muhammadu Buhari had said you have the power to release his asset declaration document to us in PREMIUM TIMES. Would you be willing now to release the documents to us, just as the president said on live television?

I will give you a very simple answer. He said you are free but who is free? Is the CCB free? The law does not say I should release anybody’s asset declaration. The document does not become public document after declaration, it is only the CCB that is allowed by the constitution to retain custody of such documents.

That is what the CCB Act says. Besides, Schedule 3, Paragraph 3 (c) of the 1999 Constitution as amended says the bureau shall have power to retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.

PT: And the National Assembly has in the Freedom of Information Act, prescribed that we can have access to such public document. In fact, we have already written to you. Would you oblige us now?

We answered you.Go and read your letter again. And we gave you answers as it was provided for in the FOI Act. Study the response again and compare it with these sections and you will know what I am talking about..

PT: Was the president wrong in insisting that the document should be made public? Remember late President Umaru Yar’Adua published his own based on an earlier promise. Why did you not stop him at the time?

Because he did not come to us. He just did it. And let me tell you something about late President Yar’Adua. He was already used to doing so even when he was governor. So for him, it was a normal thing. And he did not need anybody’s advice to publish it. That was his business. It has nothing to do with me. I know one director general who has put his own asset declaration on his website. He did it willingly and he told us that he just decided to do it on his own. So, it is a matter of choice. If you are a public officer and you want everybody to know about it, you can do the same.

PT: Don’t you think that is a virtue that should be encouraged?

Yes, we encourage it

PT: But if you encourage it and President Buhari said on national television that you have powers to release his own document, don’t you think you would be standing on the way of probity and transparency you are talking about?

Did the president say he has written to CCB and said ‘go and make my declarations public?’

PT: Are you saying he has to write officially to CCB before you can release the document he promised to make public during electioneering campaigns?But the President has already declared his assets his assets are there; if there is anything in it he has not disclosed, you should have asked him specific questions.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208976-interview-why-we-ignored-buharis-instruction-to-release-his-assets-declaration-to-nigerians-code-of-conduct.html
CCB disobeyed and violates Buhari's order to make his asset declaration form public but did a volte face to make CJN Onneghen's form public even without his authorization. undecided

I am not saying the CJN is clean because he is a high ranking public office holder predisposed to the raging corruption @ the public service.

However, the worry is that the APC government antigraft war have been so selective that TI returned a dismal anti-corruption rating for Nigeria under this hypocritical Buhari government.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Pekele007: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2019
helinues:
Which afenifere group be this? I thought one just endorsed Buhari reelections?

That one is a faction organized by Thieefnubu

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by KanwuliaExtra: 9:46am On Jan 30, 2019
Exactly!
How many COWS and COWRIES? cheesy

When did ANY NIGERIAN POLITICIAN or APPOINTEE ever declare assets before or after assuming an office?

Wey OSHI-Bajo assssss-ets? wink
GANDUJE nko? wink

13 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by BestInformation: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2019
I don’t like this jare

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by tommykiwi(m): 10:29am On Jan 30, 2019
Imortal001:
PMB will do just that, i trust him on that! meanwhile next level na em sure pass!
On Your Own(OYO).
He is going back to Daura!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by KanwuliaExtra: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2019
After “endorsing” the “lifeless”?. . . . grin
Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by id911(m): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2019
They said PDP is corrupt but PDP Presidents Umaru Yar'adua and Goodluck Jonathan declared both their assets and liabilities and are easily verifiable.

Where is Buhari assets and liabilities form?

49 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by gurunlocker: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2019
Lol... The same Buhari Tinubu's "The Nation" newspaper endorsed? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by melvinjames: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2019
Let's see if Buhari would declare keystone bank and 9mobile.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Fxfxfx4: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2019
grin grin grin
Lol
Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by ArmaniUhuru: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2019
150 gay cows grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by maestroferdi: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2019
Watch him hire 90 SANs to delay things...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Sholaco: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2019
To hell with afenifere, who know ur association in this world? Useless set of people that killed their own brother because of a pot of porridge

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by hisgrace090: 10:31am On Jan 30, 2019
A must!

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by fergie001: 10:32am On Jan 30, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:
Exactly!
How many COWS and COWRIES? cheesy

When did ANY NIGERIAN POLITICIAN or APPOINTEE ever declare assets before or after assuming an office?

Wey OSHI-Bajo assssss-ets? wink
GANDUJE nko? wink
Only Yaradua of blessed memory.
Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Birdyclear: 10:33am On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari na scam

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 30, 2019
BarristerKush:
Does the stupid dullard has more than 150 cows?
grin grin grin. You no go kee me with lafta

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Topmaike007(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2019
This mumu News don reach here
Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by LalasticlalaPA: 10:34am On Jan 30, 2019
Shey he said he has only 28 gay cows in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by netpro(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2019

President Buhari is a man of integrity - no doubt about that. Those that lack integrity keep looking for ways to tarnish his image. Did you notice, they do not talk about their candidate's bartered image? Because it is nothing to write home about.

It is Buhari all the way! God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by Topmaike007(m): 10:35am On Jan 30, 2019
melvinjames:
Let's see if Buhari would declare keystone bank and 9mobile.
those firms have debunked the rumors,so you're saying falacy
Re: Afenifere Challenges Buhari To Declare His Assets by naijapips02: 10:35am On Jan 30, 2019
Tanko too is being urged to make his asset declaration form available.

But watch how these corruption fighters would defer these requests.

https://www.nairaland.com/4991687/release-tankos-asset-declaration-forms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Frank Nweke Jr Emerges APGA Guber Candidate In Enugu / State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar / Ambode: $2.6bn Badagry Deep Sea Project Will Boost Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.