Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

The Afterglow - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Afterglow (867 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
After what seems like the biggest party she has ever attended in her school year and life so far, She could not get her mind off him. The tall, dark, handsome and not too muscular Taiwo but he said he preferred being called TEE.

She had ones met Tee during the all university games where she went with her mass communication student team to get report on the event and mostly report of their own school's performance and Tee was the handsome goalkeeper who saved the last penalty that gave her school the much desired trophy and that made him popular around campus, she even overheard someone referring to him as Teeglove.

She could not get her mind off him because out of all the bimbos and the hot chics, he chose her, he chose to talk to her, a nerd like her and he didAfter what seems like the biggest party she has ever attended in her school year and life so far, She could not get her mind off him. The tall, dark, handsome and not too muscular Taiwo but he said he preferred being called TEE.

She had ones met Tee during the all university games where she went with her mass communication student team to get report on the event and mostly report of their own school's performance and Tee was the handsome goalkeeper who saved the last penalty that gave her school the much desired trophy and that made him popular around campus, she even overheard someone referring to him as Teeglove.

She could not get her mind off him because out of all the bimbos and the hot chics, he chose her, he chose to talk to her, a nerd like her and he did that all through the party, he never left her side for too long. During the long conversation of which she still remember every single details, Tee told her he graduated last year and that quenched her feeling of wonder for his whereabouts during this her final that all through the party, he never left her side for too long. During the long conversation of which she still remember every single details, Tee told her he graduated last year and that quenched her feeling of wonder for his whereabouts during this her final year, and that he was invited to the party by his younger sister Funmi whom she didn't get to meet till she left.

OMG, oh my god, oh my god, Tosin am sorry, am very sorry said Funke as she handed me back my phone which brought me out of my daydreaming.

Re: The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2019
Funke what is it and why are you shouting?. Am sorry Tosin, I thought I was deleting Michael's number from your phone and I didn't know I actually selected all and delete, am sorry, ma binu. Tosin shouted Jesus you have killed me poo Funke, my village people are at war with me, Jesus, I am dead.

Tosin's shout was not because she was indeed dying or about too but it was because she recalled last night when Tee put his number in her phone, she didn't flash him immediately and when she got home, she discovered she had no call card and postponed the calling to this morning. But Funke had collected her phone while she was asleep to delete her on and off boyfriend's number whom she caught last night at the party kissing the same chic (Oluchi) who he said they weren't dating but just friends. At this point of Tosin's life she was trying to comprehend which comes first 'A crush turn boyfriend or a best friend she had known since level 100 and just like that she threw her phone to the bed, plugged in her headphone and got lost in some oldies RnB songs.

Graduation could not have come in a better time than now.
Toyosi delivering the valedictory speech as the best graduating student of her set, in front of her proud father and watery eyes mom. She encouraged all graduating students to set their eyes on the goal of life and never get distracted. After the event, Toyosi and Funke family had a wonderful and entertaining picnic.

Towards the end of her service year, media houses and newspaper firms were already in the hunt for Toyosi because of her final year article on THE WAR OF INSURGENCY IN THE LIFE OF BABIES, which was published by her school magazine, some newspaper firms and blogs. The name Toyosi Akindele was not to be joked with. After service, Toyosi started working with a private media houses PLATFORM where she was given freedom to control contents on her personnel blog without supervision or query.

THREE YEARS LATER:

Being an investigative journalist, Toyosi was always needed both on and off the field. The distance from Ejigbo where she lives to her working place at Lekki plus the constant demand for her presence was telling on her and her blog and she looks forward to a time good enough to demand for a salary increase so she can finally move closer to work.
The current on-field project was to investigate on the missing 100 billion naira which was blamed on a monkey and her company was contacted by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for her personal services which they and her obliged to. The investigation has taken more than two years and still no unmasked victim but they weren't in a hurry. 'The longer they say, the better' says the director Mr Silva Joshua.
Re: The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
It was half pass 10pm on a Friday in November 2016, Toyosi was standing alone at a bus stop just far away from her company after working late only for a Lexus jeep to pack in front of her.

Hey dear, how are you and why are you standing here by this time or is their someone coming for you? said the voice from the car.

Toyosi been a free spirited person answered that she was working late, missed the company's bus and failed to make alternative before now.

Okey, where are you going I can drop you off or at least drop you off in a place you would get a cab, responded the voice from the car.

Toyosi answered, she was heading to Ejigbo and she would be happy for a ride, then she entered as the strange opened the door from inside.

Am Funmilola said the voice

Am Toyosi and thanks for the ride, I pray I can repay you someday, Ẹ ṣé ma.

Don't call me ma, we might be of same age and that's making me feel old said Funmilola.

Toyosi looked at the beautiful lady in the driver's seat, fair in complexion, a little plumpy than her, then she noticed no ring on her finger placed on the steering.
Sorry Miss Funmilola, some ladies find pleasure in superiority.

It was a lucky Friday drive, they were at the front of Toyosi's gate at 11:30pm exchanging numbers and saying goodbyes, the ride was uneventful but a little discussion was thrown both ways and Funmilola disclosed her girls night out in the mainland to Toyosi which made dropping her at home wasn't a burden.

By December, Funmilola and Toyosi were close friends, chat buddies and gossip mates. They both agreed to a girls vacation in Christmas period and they would be traveling to Port Harcourt, Rivers State. To experience it's beauty and cultural heritage and the journey was stated for the 23rd to 30th which was the closing day of the carnival and events.

By 15th, Toyosi had already got her bags packed out of excitement for the trip and the thoughts of meeting some cute Port Harcourt boys. She was on the phone asking Funke to tag along, who broke the plans because she had something set out with her fiancee.

THE SET DAY IS HERE
Port Harcourt city here we are said Toyosi as they entered the lobby of The Hotel Presidential. The room key was handed over to them by the cute smiling receptionist and their bags taken to the room. In the hall way, Funmilola apologized for not been able to secure them two separate rooms (because the flight booking was on Toyosi and the hotel rooms were on her but due to the overcrowding of tourists and businessmen all rooms were taken) which Toyosi just nodded in agreement.
Re: The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 6:55am On Feb 06, 2019
comments would be nice from viewers
Re: The Afterglow by grace66: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: The Afterglow by muhammed50(m): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 9:58am On Feb 07, 2019
23rd of December 2016
It was mostly about unpacking, setting ground rules like when privacy is needed a scarf should be at the outside door knob, If it's not yet 9am it's not yet daybreak, When one is drunk the other has to stay sober or at least order for a cab before getting drunk etc...

24th of December 2016
They got a tour guide driver and head into town to view the beautiful display of carnival attire and they did some shopping in the popular Isaac Boro Park Trade Fair then head back to the hotel feeling tired after all the bumping into crowd. In the evening they experienced the beautiful lighting of the city when they took a night drive through areas not blocked for the carnival. It was an awesome sight said Toyosi after coming out of the bathroom in her bathrobe. Yes it was, I wish it didn't have to end, replied Funmilola.

25th of December 2016
By 7am there was a knock on the door, Toyosi was still sleeping so Funmilola ran to the door, standing out was the room service personnel. Even from her sleep Toyosi could hear their conversations blurry
Funmilola: is everything there?

Room services: Yes ma, even extra cream

Funmilola: I would ring you back if I need any other thing

Room service: Ok ma.

By 9am, Toyosi alarm woke her up but her view was still dark, which her sense processed the fact she was blindfolded, she tried to reach over to take the hindrance off but she could not move her hand either and she panicked.
A familiar voice whispered to her "Don't struggle, just follow my lead and all would be fine." and with that she became calm a little because the voice sounded of Funmilola.
Re: The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 5:51am On Feb 09, 2019
Toyosi felt her hands being untied and she stood up and followed as the voice instructed , when the blindfold was taken off by her after been instructed, she saw herself in the bathroom with warm water and red roses in the bathtub and a small cupcake by the side of the tub with "eat me" written by it. Toyosi tried the door knob but it was locked then she heard Funmilola say "Don't spoil the fun, just bath and the door would be open to you".

When Toyosi came out of the bathroom, the window curtains were brought down, the bright light turned off and only the little light which escaped in from the window lit up the room, the bed had been made and roses were on it, soft music was playing in the background and there was a long tray of food by the bedside. She blushed and was about saying something when Funmilola spoke," I just want us to have a day like it was on a guy's bill, plus we need the relaxation from work". And just like that Toyosi forgot every word she wanted to say and just head to the tray for some meal. After the meal they talked about everything they haven't since they met and some that she could remember are that Funmilola is the only child of her parent (dad's late), she is the provider in her home, she attended university of Ilorin, same as Toyosi but she wasn't in the convocation because her favorite cousin was being shipped off to the military and she needed to spend quality time with him before he left and that she works as the secretary with the ministry of finance were the 100 billion naira got missing.

After the meal and discussion they stayed indoor and watched some movies till it got late and they entered into the city to watch the fireworks and the displays in the city, they stopped by Mr Biggs opposite shell RA and had a nice meal and ice cream before going back to the hotel to call it a day.

26th December - 28th December 2016

They went from enjoying the beauty of the Okrika culture, to the festival of the Bonnys, down to the traditional wrestling and display of the ikwerre people. At this point Funmilola and Toyosi were really close and filled with excitement praying the fun never get to end.

29th December 2016

Coming back from their trip to other villages in Rivers State, Toyosi and Funmilola were exhausted and slept in till noon.
Toyosi was woken to the filling of arousal, excitement and pleasure between her legs, she tried to put her hand to her pussy but was obstructed by an object (so she taught) only to open her eyes and was shocked to see Funmilola between her legs with her tongue pleasuring her in ways she has never been pleasured before, infact that was the first time someone who is not her was having access to her pussy and that made her Hot and at the same time confused, asking herself inward questions ( why am I enjoying a girl's pleasuring me? am I a lesbian, I am a good girl, I need to stop this, how do I stop what I am enjoying?). All this while Funmilola noticed the confusion in Toyosi's face plus her trying to withdraw her hips, Funmilola immediately slide her tongue fully inside her pussy as she used her thumb to play with her clits and to her surprise and that of Toyosi, Toyosi let out a loud moan "please don't stop", giving Funmilola the approval she so much needed to continue pleasuring her new found lover.
Toyosi could no longer control her desires, her tongue was failing her with all she was saying, things like she was a virgin and places Funmilola she place her tongue and what Funmilola should do to her. Toyosi was in her own universe and to her Funmilola was the pilot.
The sex was going as Funmilola had planned out but she was caught off guard when Toyosi screamed and squirt all over her face, but she handled it like a pro and sucked what was left as she continued finger fucking Toyosi's pussy and rubbing her clit bring her to multiple orgasms. Toyosi collapse to the bed with a feeling of satisfaction, lust and shame but Funmilola went behind her, cuddled her and said "We all need to experience something different sometimes and there is nothing bad in loving it, I love you Toyosi and I would like us to become a couple". that caught Toyosi off guard and speechless.
Re: The Afterglow by Africanbest(m): 6:11am On Feb 13, 2019
The rest of the day was uneventful as Toyosi tried her possible best to stay away from Funmilola and at the same time wrestle with the new demon unleashed inside her. When she got back to the room in the evening hours, she saw Funmilola bags all packed for their 7am flight back to Lagos and deep inside she didn't want this to end, the holiday, the sex, both of them, she didn't want any to end, so she walked up to Funmilola, held her from behind and told her "Yes I will be your girlfriend but on the condition that this remain a secret, because she is trying to put her head around it". They both kissed and Funmilola helped her to get her stuffs packed also, after which she pleasured her till they went to bed

30th December 2016

Both ladies got to the airport around 6:30am and their plane took off 7:10am which got them to Lagos around 8am, they said their goodbyes and boarded different cabs to their destination.

2months into their relationship, Toyosi was on her way to pay Funmilola a visit at her office when she ran into Taiwo or Tee on a military Camouflage, they embraced each other (which she felt butterfly in her tummy), exchanged pleasantries and had a brief conversations

Tee: Hey Tosin, long time, what are you doing in this part of town.

Tosin: I am here to see a friend, she works here, what about you.

Tee: Am here to see that my cousin Funmilola I came to the party with, the last time we saw.

A shock gripped Toyosi but she tried to hide it from showing after remembering Funmilola saying her cousin was in the military.

Tosin: I think I would have to come back and check on my person, I just remembered I have somewhere else to be now.

They exchanged numbers and this time around he saved hers and they agreed to meet again some other time, then she zoomed off.

When she got back to her office, she wasn't at rest, pacing around the office in confusion, she started asking herself questions.
"why must it be him, of all the men in the military? how do I tell him I was in love with his cousin?, the same cousin I am undercover working with EFCC trying to get information from. How will he see me now?, I hope she doesn't tell him about me. What do I do now?

AFTERGLOW 2...... coming soon

Dear reader, your comments are welcomed, criticize it, encourage it , hate it , love it ...... because comments are writers Grammy award.

and please don't forget to help Toyosi with her thoughts because a problem shared is one solved... help her solve hers.

(1) (Reply)

The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) / Before The Dawn. / Definition Of A Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.