Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Urgently Need Advice On This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgently Need Advice On This (438 Views)

Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. / I Want To Start Selling Snacks In A School. Need Advice / Any Bet9ja Shop For Sale...... Urgently Need To Buy.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgently Need Advice On This by boycasio(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
Please I need your advice on this if you have experienced such with DHL
I have a package with DHL which entered 9ja yesterday, but I couldn’t track it cos of bad reception so I had to call them which I do on a norms when I can’t track them, so I was told my items was held by custom because shipper did not pay for duty, so I said ok and I was told the amount to pay and everything, next thing the customer service also said my items is been investigated by DSS, I told them it’s not a bomb or any harmful items it’s just a phone. Pls house how is that possible, have anybody heard of such before and what is the way out!! Please advice
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by folaz: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2019
Did u order for the item yourself or someone sent it to you? because it sounds exactly like a scam thats been existing for a while. Someone will tell u he/she sent you an item only for you to receive a call thet your item has landed and you need to pay because the person that sent it didn't pay for the charges. After that you will be told that your item is contraband and under investigation and so on. Just be careful
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by chuksvoice: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2019
Someone is trying to play smart on you. Send email to their customer service center and copy all other emails you see on their website. Tell them the ordeals you are going through trying to receive your package and know what their response would be. If you are not still satisfied, you can contact their international customer service center via email and explain what you are going through I'm sure they would do something about it, at least you are entitled to some compensation if they can't provide your parcel.
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by boycasio(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
folaz:
Did u order for the item yourself or someone sent it to you? because it sounds exactly like a scam thats been existing for a while. Someone will tell u he/she sent you an item only for you to receive a call thet your item has landed and you need to pay because the person that sent it didn't pay for the charges. After that you will be told that your item is contraband and under investigation and so on. Just be careful

Some I know in the US sent it to me, tho I gave him money to buy the phones and send to me.. the mail is from dhl also stating that the shipper did not pay for custom duty that I have to pay, but what I’m more confused is DSS, wat does DSS have to do with shipping? Yes I have paid duty fee b4 when I cleared my TV but dis DSS matter is what I don’t just understand
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by boycasio(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2019
chuksvoice:
Someone is trying to play smart on you. Send email to their customer service center and copy all other emails you see on their website. Tell them the ordeals you are going through trying to receive your package and know what their response would be. If you are not still satisfied, you can contact their international customer service center via email and explain what you are going through I'm sure they would do something about it, at least you are entitled to some compensation if they can't provide your parcel.

Thanks I will do just that, tho I was contacted by dhl, and they have sent me account details to pay custom duty charges and the acct name is “DHL international Limited” but I still want to ask, what does DSS have to do with shipment? Tho I know if custom duty is not paid you have to pay custom duty but Dis DSS tin is what I really don’t get!
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by chuksvoice: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2019
boycasio:

Thanks I will do just that, tho I was contacted by dhl, and they have sent me account details to pay custom duty charges and the acct name is “DHL international Limited” but I still want to ask, what does DSS have to do with shipment? Tho I know if custom duty is not paid you have to pay custom duty but Dis DSS tin is what I really don’t get!

Contact DHL directly for clarification, this doesn't sound right to me
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by boycasio(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2019
chuksvoice:

Contact DHL directly for clarification, this doesn't sound right to me

I have contacted them, I googled there number and called them after checking my tracking code they found out that my shipper did not pay for duty that I have to pay duty, so I ask them what does DSS have to do with shipping they said sometimes some items are been investigated! But I told them that after paying for duty if they don’t release my items I will sue them cos my items are just phones they can open it if they want that there is no harmful items inside or bomb!
Re: Urgently Need Advice On This by chuksvoice: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2019
boycasio:

I have contacted them, I googled there number and called them after checking my tracking code they found out that my shipper did not pay for duty that I have to pay duty, so I ask them what does DSS have to do with shipping they said sometimes some items are been investigated! But I told them that after paying for duty if they don’t release my items I will sue them cos my items are just phones they can open it if they want that there is no harmful items inside or bomb!

Very well then, keep me posted I'm very much interested in the final outcome from all these drama

(1) (Reply)

FX, Available For Sale Cash, Inflow And Offshore / Please I Need Urgent Help. / Prophesy Of A Nairalander: Naira Value Shall Soon Surpass Dollar Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.