Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos (42470 Views)

FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home / Woman Stabbed To Death While Separating Church Members Fighting At A Crusade / Residents Beat IBEDC Staff For Trying To Disconnect Their Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Paentera(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Assault

Simple. At least one of the family members will end up with a conviction and at least a 3 months jail term. The lady in question fighting the Ikeja Electric staff will be used as a scapegoat for those within that area who might attempt such in the future.

As usual, the neighborhood will send emissaries to the company to BEG but considering that not nipping such acts in the bud with a solid prosecution case, will give many more the effrontery to continue such assault on the staff of the company simply carrying out their duties of disconnection, it is guaranteed that she and any others caught in this heinous act will be prosecuted with the full weight of the law.

Fighting in public is still a civil offence and assault and battery is another. No dey fight DISCO staff, they are only carrying out their duties. Where you might have had a situation where they demanded money from you - record such if possible and forward such to the HEAD OFFICE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by kabillionaire(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
This issue is really getting out of hand!
It's seems to be the power distribution company's stock in trade now, to directly or indirectly cause fights with their customers and capture it with their mobile phones to deceive the public.
Funny enough, they're doing it all over the country and NERC is turning a blind eye.
If customers are provided with prepared meters, who will have the NEPA thugs time? When a customer compromises, either by by-passing the meter or otherwise, he won't even have the moral will to engage the NEPA reps.
But, in a situation where the companies deliberately refuses to hold their end of the deal and are forcing faithful customers to pay "crazy estimated bills", it becomes day light robbery.
In Kaduna metropolis especially, it's very rife that, the NEPA agents will deliberately disconnect your light just to provoke you while one of them is standing by with a cell phone to capture and upload on social media.
Monopoly of an essential necessity like power in a country like naija is devastating.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
grayht:
Phcn will retaliate by disconnecting their service wire, removing the electric pole / analogue metre and the neighborhoods transformer!!!
hahaha you're a mad man

1 Like

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by luluosas(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ah! But this is very bad and wicked of those tenants
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by lonelydora: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
grayht:
Phcn will retaliate by disconnecting their service wire, removing the electric pole / analogue metre and the neighborhoods transformer!!!

One compound tried it in Enugu few years ago and for 6 months, there was no light in the whole street. They are government children, you don't fight them
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Neoteny(m): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
Davash222:
Me I dey sharpen my cutlass dey wait for them since two days now.

Why?

Because you used their product and don't want to pay for it?

You're no better than a thief
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Abujalal: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2019
grayht:
Lalasticlacla

See upper cut shocked
Guy u bad.This is the badest comment of 2019

1 Like

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by enemyofprogress: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
Buhari is next

I can not marriage a girl that is not education cos in this lives illitrature is a decease i hate rubbish
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by jimcaddy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
It's very annoying, these Nepa guys.. They bring crazy bills and expect you to clear it within one week. You pay something, they tell you that it's not enough, you should go and pay more. Yet the prepaid meters are being hoarded and sold out to few people who have the money to buy. The level of corruption in this Nigeria ehn... ee no get part 2.

2 Likes

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by hardbody: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
labusinessguide:
Nothing beats Prepaid Meter.

It gives sanity, and helps you manage your power consumption.

Giving consumers exorbitant bills and at the same time bombarding them with disconnection can be heartbreaking.

But that doesn't give the consumer any right to harass or beat the power officials.

Hunger does bring out the pain in the heart of man.

We hope for a better Nigeria ��

Everyone should take the steps I have taken. I pay in advance online. They have since recognised that I don't even wait for bills, so they don't bother with me anymore. Even when the bills come I always have a positive balance on my account, pending when I get the pay as you go meter which by the way they deliberately don't want to share
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
hardbody:

Everyone should take the steps I have taken. I pay in advance online. They have since recognised that I don't even wait for bills, so they don't bother with me anymore. Even when the bills come I always have a positive balance on my account, pending when I get the pay as you go meter which by the way they deliberately don't want to share

How do u know how much to pay? N do they issue receipt for such, if yes, how will u get it? Also, how will those guys that walk around be able to know that you have paid?

Apology if the questions seem much, I'll really like to know. Thanks
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
These ppl neva pay bill since last yearcheesy
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by blank(f): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Assault case straight up. IKEDC have been stepping up in that regard. And this is evidence right here. The woman will sleep in cell this weekend. Sure banker.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Carlmax(m): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2019
blank:
Assault case straight up. IKEDC have been stepping up in that regard. And this is evidence right here. The woman will sleep in cell this weekend. Sure banker.

IKEDC staff spotted.

3 Likes

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Edojoma(m): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2019
Jerryojozy:
Nairalanders where is NwaAikpe? Is this how election will conducted with without NwaAikpe comment? Lalas release him from nairaland prison or we will march to Seun's house tomorrow.

Genius J

u r right bro,,, av really missed dat nigga,,,,, Seun pls we need NwaAikpe,,,, funny dude
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by bossrillboss: 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
SweetJoystick:
The photographer for capture the woman yansh well
.Hmmm.

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by oshalomo: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
Mo fo ooo
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
las las na dem go suffer am
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
Supply the damn meters. They say no.
Nigerians are the architects of their own misfortune.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Nickymezor(f): 11:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Really serious... Mehn the lady was really vexed. I can only imagine... PHCN folks can be so annoying. Glad we HV a prepaid at home... Their drama no be here o
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Franchise21(m): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Made4naijablog:
Family members seen fighting nepa officials over cutting their light at Ikeja, Lagos State

Watch video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2019/01/family-members-seen-fighting-nepa-officials-over-cutting-their-light-video/

How did u get this video? We gonna sue u for this. It didn't happen at Ikeja. Get ur facts correct lol
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by wirinet(m): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Paentera:
Assault

Simple. At least one of the family members will end up with a conviction and at least a 3 months jail term. The lady in question fighting the Ikeja Electric staff will be used as a scapegoat for those within that area who might attempt such in the future.

As usual, the neighborhood will send emissaries to the company to BEG but considering that not nipping such acts in the bud with a solid prosecution case, will give many more the effrontery to continue such assault on the staff of the company simply carrying out their duties of disconnection, it is guaranteed that she and any others caught in this heinous act will be prosecuted with the full weight of the law.

Fighting in public is still a civil offence and assault and battery is another. No dey fight DISCO staff, they are only carrying out their duties. Where you might have had a situation where they demanded money from you - record such if possible and forward such to the HEAD OFFICE.

Which duty are they carrying out? Is it their duty to steal from ordinary suffering Nigerians?
You must be a staff of one of those criminal Disco companies.
Give meters, dem no gree. Provide regular power, babu. But at the end of the month they bring outrageous estimated bills. The worst is that a few days after bringing criminal bills, they would be carrying ladder up and down threatening you with disconnection, even though NERC has given them guidelines for disconnecting customers. Notice must be given before disconnecting a customer, but these criminals would come when no one is at home and just disconnect without notice.

If you know the amount of fraud these Discos are perpetuating, you will advocate for them to be given the China treatment.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Infoguyh: 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by jaxxy(m): 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
grayht:

I heard Phcn is now becoming draconian with their estimated billing by bringing crazy amounts each month tho the light is very constant. They also to sm extent have intentionally refused to migrate many to prepaid card meters so they can keep collecting this overly estimated bills.

Sm1 living there just told me of this issue sm days back.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Paentera(m): 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
wirinet:

Which duty are they carrying out? Is it their duty to steal from ordinary suffering Nigerians?
You must be a staff of one of those criminal Disco companies.
Give meters, dem no gree. Provide regular power, babu. But at the end of the month they bring outrageous estimated bills. The worst is that a few days after bringing criminal bills, they would be carrying ladder up and down threatening you with disconnection, even though NERC has given them guidelines for disconnecting customers. Notice must be given before disconnecting a customer, but these criminals would come when no one is at home and just disconnect without notice.

If you know the amount of fraud these Discos are perpetuating, you will advocate for them to be given the China treatment.

Where I work is irrelevant at this time. I have stated that a civil offence has occured and from experience, the next step that the DISCO will embark upon is as I explained.

You might want to also learn to separate the incidence from your sentiments and feelings. It will not affect the outcome of those affected in the brawl.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by wirinet(m): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
hardbody:

Either you have a prepaid meter that is actually being read, or you have settled people in the computer room.
My very good friend called me from Surulere yesterday crying that Ikeja Distribution brought a bill of N30,000 for last month and these useless guys have disconnected his light. This is someone living in a mini flat that is just struggling to get bye. He asked me for advice on how to petition NERC because he has no way of paying N30,000.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by emolala(m): 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
NEPA.....

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by wirinet(m): 11:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
Paentera:

Where I work is irrelevant at this time. I have stated that a civil offence has occured and from experience, the next step that the DISCO will embark upon is as I explained.

You might want to also learn to separate the incidence from your sentiments and feelings. It will not affect the outcome of those affected in the brawl.

When the case get to court, it depends on the strength of the arguments of the lawyer. The Ikeja Disco officials might have started the fracas. They might be accused of trespass as the have no rights to even enter a private property without authorization. They most likely did not give the owners of the flat notice they are coming into the compound.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by franzis(m): 11:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
some boys in my hood tried this nonsense with phcn , na so phcn comot transformer fuse waka for almost 3 weeks we no see light na only sorrounding streets come get light
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Paentera(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
wirinet:

When the case get to court, it depends on the strength of the arguments of the lawyer. The Ikeja Disco officials might have started the fracas. They might be accused of trespass as the have no rights to even enter a private property without authorization. They most likely did not give the owners of the flat notice they are coming into the compound.

Trespass is not an excuse for assault and battery especially when there are no weapons in sight to qualify for self defence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Pastor Kayode Ogunleye In Ekiti, Dump Body In Forest / Ochanya Rape: State Court Acquits Husband, Federal Court Convicts Wife Of Neglig / 4 One Chance Robbers Were Caught Beaten, And Disgraced (videos/pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.