Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,386 members, 7,958,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos (42759 Views)

FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home / Woman Stabbed To Death While Separating Church Members Fighting At A Crusade / Residents Beat IBEDC Staff For Trying To Disconnect Their Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by 9jaRealist: 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2019
hardbody:

I had some huge backlog of about 160k. After several meetings and consultations that yielded no positive result, i cleared that amount. Then started paying 5k every month. My bill hovers around 3 to 4k every month.

I pay straight to ikeja electric company online, and sometimes I chat with them online. I get my bills online and like I stated earlier, the bill shows i am on positive and i put it outside my gate. Sometimes I print out the chat i had with their people online. In those chats i ask specific questions that elicit answers that clears all doubts. I have not had any interface with the rogues carrying ladder and they don't bother with my house again. When i print out the bills and my conversation on chat, i staple them all together but i circle the areas that support my position. In the chat i ask questions like, how much was my last month's bill, have you seen the amount I just paid online, what is now my current balance, once they say it's a credit of Nx. I print that out and attach to the online bill which I have already printed and leave it outside. Interestingly the phcn staff no longer even bother to check.

Meanwhile when you pay online, receipts are generated and you can print that out. I usually print and attach to the bill they generated. When we did not have light for like 2 weeks, i also had that conversation online and they assured that there will be no billing for those weeks and it seems my bill dropped for that period.

Obviously a civilized and enlightened citizen.

Sadly, going by some of the crude and uncouth comments on this thread you might be trapped in the wrong country. grin

2 Likes

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 02, 2019
hardbody:

Everyone should take the steps I have taken. I pay in advance online. They have since recognised that I don't even wait for bills, so they don't bother with me anymore. Even when the bills come I always have a positive balance on my account, pending when I get the pay as you go meter which by the way they deliberately don't want to share
I pity anyone that would follow your step. By the time they send an unexpected outrageous bill you would understand better. I did similar thing but receive the shock of my life.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by hardbody: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
9jaRealist:

Obviously a civilized and enlightened citizen.

Sadly, going by some of the crude and uncouth comments on this thread you might be trapped in the wrong country. grin

Thanks bro.

But i don't think 'trapped' is the right word. Yeah it's a terrible place to be in some aspects but not in all. I had an opportunity to relocate to Canada years back but i guess I was wrongly advised. I have since chosen to remain here and make the best of a not too good environment. I still travel abroad occasionally and may be tempted to retire to the west when I have made enough money to buy an apartment building, perhaps in London.

Cheers man.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by hardbody: 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

I pity anyone that would follow your step. By the time they send an unexpected outrageous bill you would understand better. I did similar thing but receive the shock of my life.

Till then sir.
Re: Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos by ppajy: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2020
This NEPA issue has become something else thy like to take advantage on there customers. thy should try and give everyone prepaid meter then we know that you paid for what you use period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Body Of Missing 24-year-old Man Found In Uncompleted Building In Delta (Graphic) / Nigerian Drug Dealer Arrested In Thailand After A Hot Chase By The Police(pics) / Policeman Shoots Colleague To Death Over Affair With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.