Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,675,742 members, 6,294,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 12:56 PM

Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms (8111 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / 4 Members Electrocuted In Celestial Church Of Christ In Osun, Two Die / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Holy names.
Re: Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms by otipoju(m): 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
At first glance through your article, i have some misgivings as to so some of your claims and ill explain

1. Claiming that El Morijah means the "God who protects."

El Morijah means the "God who provides"as revealed in the second verse of a CCC hymn that says

El Morijah ti de lati wa bukun wa
Emi ti sorire baba lo so fun
El Morijah ti wole de.

Another CCC hymn titled El beraca bered Eli says

....El Morijah Oluwa Oba Olupese
Jowo wa pese fun gbogbo aini wa
Ki gbogbo ironu wa le di ayo
Ati ki gbogbo egan wa ledi ogo

This name El Morijah is related to the incident where God provided a ram for Abraham in place of Isaac that was about to be sacrificed in Genesis 22.

2. Claiming Jerimoyama means " the merciful judge"

In 99 per cent of CCC hymns, any strange sounding name is always translated right there within the song itself as a part of the song. God is not the author of confusion. Therefore i can say that

Jerimoyamah is not a name or atttribuite of Jehovah but is the first sentence in CCC hymn 1 that means: The Angels are full of joy in heaven.

Jeremoyama Jeremoyama
Awon angeli kun fayo lorun
Awon Angeli, Awon Angeli
Won forin ayo yin baba lorun

Other examples

Example A.

Hi rah Ja man,
Jah ri bam Hi rah ja man.
Emi mimo
Adaba orun sokale wa.

Example B.

Yago lola mariyanga ri yeh
Yago lola mariyeh.
E foribale fun oba oluwa
Mo foribale fun.

3. Replacing a divine name within a bible passage.

I have never seen in any Celestial Parish where you substitute a divine name in the actual text of a biblical passage with another one of your won choosing.

In CCC, you pronounce designated holy names 3 times before reading certain psalm during services, but not substituite a holy name with another in the text tself like you are suggesting.

Examples from the CCC Order of Service booklet.
Eyiba is for Psalm 51, Jehovah Ramah for Psalm 24,
Eli Yaba for Psalm 20, Jehovah Lass for Psalm 72 and Eli Yah for Psalm 118.

4. Praying to Jimartha.

This name comes up In CCC hymn where Jehovah instructs his prophets to be of good conduct and flee from sinful behaviour so that they can be close to Christ.

In the song a being named Jimartha identifies himself as the bearer of the message being delivered.
This means Jehovah sent Jimartha as messenger to deliver the message to the prophet whom God used to deliver to the church. Most CCC prophets have come to regard Jimartha as the angel assigned by Jehovah to be in charge of prophecy in the CCC . The important thing no matter how powerful and knowledgeable is, an angel cannot be God and cant be worshipped.

Where i am afraid is your recommending that people should go to a dead person's tomb to use Jimartha's name to pray. Any true celestian will seriously frown at that suggestion.

In almost 40 years of being a Celestian. I have never ever heard this anywhere in any parish on any pulpit by any prophet or shepherd.

I dont know where you have gotten your ideas from and I stand to be corrected though. But i want you to take a second look at what you are disseminating and be absolutely sure that you are really following Celestial tenets and doctrines as obtained from the Holy bible which is the final authority in all spiritual matters.

5 Likes

Re: Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms by OShepherd: 1:57am On Jun 20, 2020
otipoju:
At first glance through your article, i have some misgivings as to so some of your claims and ill explain

1. Claiming that El Morijah means the "God who protects."

El Morijah means the "God who provides"as revealed in the second verse of a CCC hymn that says

Emi ti sorire baba lo so fun
El Morijah ti wole de.

Another CCC hymn titled El beraca bered Eli says

....El Morijah Oluwa Oba Olupese
Jowo wa pese fun gbogbo aini wa
Ki gbogbo ironu wa le di ayo
Ati ki gbogbo egan wa ledi ogo

This name El Morijah is related to the incident where God provided a ram for Abraham in place of Isaac that was about to be sacrificed in Genesis 22.

2. Claiming Jerimoyama means " the merciful judge"

In 99 per cent of CCC hymns, any strange sounding name is always translated right there within the song itself as a part of the song. God is not the author of confusion. Therefore i can say that

Jerimoyamah is not a name or atttribuite of Jehovah but is the first sentence in CCC hymn 1 that means: The Angels are full of joy in heaven.

Jeremoyama Jeremoyama
Awon angeli kun fayo lorun
Awon Angeli, Awon Angeli
Won forin ayo yin baba lorun

Other examples

Example A.

Hi rah Ja man,
Jah ri bam Hi rah ja man.
Emi mimo
Adaba orun sokale wa.

Example B.

Yago lola mariyanga ri yeh
Yago lola mariyeh.
E foribale fun oba oluwa
Mo foribale fun.

3. Replacing a divine name within a bible passage.

I have never seen in any Celestial Parish where you substitute a divine name in the actual text of a biblical passage with another one of your won choosing.

In CCC, you pronounce designated holy names 3 times before reading certain psalm during services, but not substituite a holy name with another in the text tself like you are suggesting.

Examples from the CCC Order of Service booklet.
Eyiba is for Psalm 51, Jehovah Ramah for Psalm 24,
Eli Yaba for Psalm 20, Jehovah Lass for Psalm 72 and Eli Yah for Psalm 118.

4. Praying to Jimartha.

This name comes up In CCC hymn where Jehovah instructs his prophets to be of good conduct and flee from sinful behaviour so that they can be close to Christ.

In the song a being named Jimartha identifies himself as the bearer of the message being delivered.
This means Jehovah sent Jimartha as messenger to deliver the message to the prophet whom God used to deliver to the church. Most CCC prophets have come to regard Jimartha as the angel assigned by Jehovah to be in charge of prophecy in the CCC . The important thing no matter how powerful and knowledgeable is, an angel cannot be God and cant be worshipped.

Where i am afraid is your recommending that people should go to a dead person's tomb to use Jimartha's name to pray. Any true celestian will seriously frown at that suggestion.

In almost 40 years of being a Celestian. I have never ever heard this anywhere in any parish on any pulpit by any prophet or shepherd.

I dont know where you have gotten your ideas from and I stand to be corrected though. But i want you to take a second look at what you are disseminating and be absolutely sure that you are really following Celestial tenets and doctrines as obtained from the Holy bible which is the final authority in all spiritual matters.
You are very correct Sir! Bless You! Halleluyah oooo

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Interested In Moderating This Section? / Need Lyrics On : Alade Ogo, Jesu Logbara And Talo Dabere Songs / Frankmishael1 Its April Already (your God Didnt Kill Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.