Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,419 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage (43699 Views)

1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by Neddyogu(m): 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
Staying in touch with your ex
Or exes
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by FrankFrenzy(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

Yes next of kin doesn't make one entitled to the wealth left behind.

But it's a lie that anybody can be granted letters of administration.

So a friend can go and get it and will now have access?

Anybody can't be given letters of administration.

The law regulates those entitled to it.

So tell me, who are those empowered by the law to request for and get LA from the registry?
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by FrankFrenzy(m): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Yes, that of bank accounts is true, but what about estates, terminal benefits and others can the letter of admin cover that even when there is a next of kin?

It may not cover for the physical and fixed assets. The LA covers mainly the liquid assets. A will should be advised to handle such other fixed and tangible assets.
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by nwanyionitsha: 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
FrankFrenzy:

It may not cover for the physical and fixed assets. The LA covers mainly the liquid assets. A will should be advised to handle such other fixed and tangible assets.
Ok,thanks.
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by Speedyconnect15: 5:57am On Feb 02, 2019
[quote author=FrankFrenzy post=75335388][/quote]

I a person dies and he left a will, the executors named in the WILL should get "probate".

But if a person dies without a will then people like the ff are entitled to letters of administration.

Surviving spouse(s) of the deceased

Children of the deceased

Parents of the deceased

Brothers or sisters of the deceased of full blood or the children of such brother or sister who died in the life time of the deceased.

Brother or sister of the deceased of half-blood or the children of such brother or sister who died in the life time of the deceased

Grandparents of the deceased

Uncles and aunts of full blood or their children

Creditors of the deceased

Admin general

1 Like

Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by bukatyne(f): 6:15am On Feb 02, 2019
vickydevoka:
N haven't u seen a case where a wife killed her husband because de next of King is written in de woman's name. Pls. Brother everything for dis life na luck.
For me de first thing wen u get married is to observe de woman's character at least for a decade b4 u think of changing de next of kin.
#Fear woman of this days after God.

And didn't you see a thread some days back where the husband killed his wife during their honeymoon to inherit her stuff.

It goes both ways bro.
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by bigiyaro(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2019
Robbin7:

Yes marriage starts from friendship but it’s way way beyond friendship.
Sacrifices and hard decisions you won’t make for your girlfriend, you will easily make dem for you wife or husband.
When i said family is involved in marriage I didn’t mean, they dictate what happens in the marriage (even though sometimes they do), I only meant to say, when you are married, the family point of view impresses on your decision to some extent.
Like when you dating a girl/guy, the parents don’t call you, you don’t call the parents (in most cases) but in a marriage the case is different.
When you are married, you in-laws come to visit you, but when you are dating, you don’t have your spouses parents coming to your house.
All of these things have a slight subliminal effect on your marriage if you consider it deeply.
Just stating my opinion, I may be very wrong.
you don't need to preach bro, marriage starts from friendship. period! pls refer to your earlier post.
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by FrankFrenzy(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

I a person dies and he left a will, the executors named in the WILL should get "probate".

But if a person dies without a will then people like the ff are entitled to letters of administration.

Surviving spouse(s) of the deceased

Children of the deceased

Parents of the deceased

Brothers or sisters of the deceased of full blood or the children of such brother or sister who died in the life time of the deceased.

Brother or sister of the deceased of half-blood or the children of such brother or sister who died in the life time of the deceased

Grandparents of the deceased

Uncles and aunts of full blood or their children

Creditors of the deceased

Admin general

Many thanks bro,
Hope you will agree with me that this covers a great range of people who are suitable and eligible by law to access a deceased LA. This therefore underlines my earlier submission that being a next of kin isn't enough as a very category of persons (who in most cases would never be eligible to be next of kin) can after all gain access to deceased liquid assets.
Re: 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage by Robbin7(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
bigiyaro:
you don't need to preach bro, marriage starts from friendship. period! pls refer to your earlier post.
Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? / Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.