Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? (43459 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by arejibadz(m): 8:50am On May 04, 2022
I keep wondering The love they both had at first site were did it run to?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Uniquetani1(f): 9:08am On May 04, 2022
Try and see a therapist with her

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by virginprincess(f): 9:09am On May 04, 2022
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

363 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Lalami3232(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2022
Make I use myself as a case study for you.
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".
Wetin you dey see every time dey loss value for eye.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"

294 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

The question is actually referring to 'SOULMATES' that's why the OP is wondering the reason why?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by virginprincess(f): 9:47am On May 04, 2022
Blablamalala:

The question is actually referring to 'SOULMATES' that's why the OP is wondering the reason why?
I haven't seen soulmates that loss interest after marriage,that is almost impossible.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:51am On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
I haven't seen soulmates that loss interest after marriage,that is almost impossible.

When the seemingly impossible becomes possible it becomes something to wonder about.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by PerfectStranger(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2022
The thought of eating same egusi till infinity makes is boring

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by seankafor(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"
but whey you loose that same thing, then you'd realise back the value of it

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Blunttruth: 10:56am On May 04, 2022
PerfectStranger:
The thought of eating same egusi till infinity makes is boring
What is good for the goose is good for the gander , same applies with the swallow, thought of eating eba gets boring too. There's,amala, starch, pounded yam ,wheat etc. ABI.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Blunttruth: 10:59am On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
I keep wondering The love they both had at first site when did it run to?
Well, I think they built up certain expectations, and then when it isn't forthcoming problems start. People who go into marriage,prepared will not have issues. This of course refers to both parties. Not one putting in all the work, tolerating, sacrificing and forgiving and the other one is doing the opposite.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by realone12(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
I keep wondering The love they both had at first site when did it run to?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Unzerious: 11:37am On May 04, 2022
It's just like sticking to One Particular Meal all your Life grin
If you ain't ready to forgo other Nutrients wink Bruh, remain Single cool

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Alapojames: 11:38am On May 04, 2022
Oga speak for yourself

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nyascobar1414: 12:11pm On May 04, 2022
SImps with the fear of God are comitted in their marriage..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by juniorstar(m): 12:38pm On May 04, 2022
Lalami3232:

Bro so you build app...make we reason if you get chance want to build an app

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by PStacks(m): 12:45pm On May 04, 2022
Good question

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by datola: 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
Familiarity breeds contempt.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by damosade(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
See me finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by vatirod481(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
Really good question

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
Because they(especially the men) realize they have traded their lives for nothing while their burden and responsibilities multiply exponentially.

Love is never enough to keep a marriage. To keep a marriage requires to not have any expectations of your self, of your spouse of life. You are required to be a donkey that has no mind of its own just do as you have been trained to. But of course we are in an era of self realization of self awareness and almost every one has a mind of their own so it competes against what’s expected of you in marriage. For most marriages that seem to be standing the test of time, the foundation is a limitlessly subdued dreams and aspirations a well kept secret of frustration and resentment. A case of suffering and smiling. (I’m not saying there aren’t really good marriages but, while we know the needle is in the middle of the haystack, finding it is difficult). Unfortunately, most people are afraid to talk about their frustration with marriage after all their neighbor, friend, brother etc who married before then are still sticking it out. But like one quote I read recently said ‘everyone seems to be doing fine until you have a heart to heart talk with them’.
arejibadz:

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Romanoff(f): 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

People focus more on tags so when the status changes from single to married, their behaviour changes, in most cases to suit the "marriage" tag.

If y'all can love yourself and treat each other as sweetly as you did when you were single.

Sort out quarrels and misunderstanding as respectfully and lovingly as you were single.

Make your marriage more like boy friend and girlfriend than modifying your behaviours cause you're married, I believe you won't lose interest on each other.

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
This happens in 85% of every marriage,
But it is what it is.
For better for worse.
They just have to live with it till old age.
If they leave the Marriage to another marriage, same thing will repeat itself.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by yuzjet(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2022
I'm presently in this situation. But what kept me going is the expectation that we'll get to this stage where we won't be feeling all those initial butterfly.

And the fact that she's been my shoulders to lean on whenever I need that extra bit of strength, to confide in whenever I need someone to talk to, and a partner to share
my weaknesses and challenges with whenever things becomes a bit difficult to deal with alone. All these are why marriage remains when feelings are faded.

You see my dear, love is never enough. Time and the value your marriage brings to the table are what will keep the marriage intact.

Love and feelings doesn't pay bills, the combined effort of both parties pay all bills. And when necessary bills are paid, there's peace of mind.

And as time goes, something will always reignite the feelings of the butterfly and you will feel the love up again.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Suspect33(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2022
Because when the infatuation which they mistook as love fades, there's nothing else to hold onto.

People don't understand that love has very little to do with feelings, and whatever you feel for a person initially will fade away.. love is an act, a commitment, and only the couple who see it that way will have a fulfilling and enduring marriage

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2022
Unfortunately, you’ll get more sex as a single person than as a married person.
Stonemasons:
Too much sex

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by seunny4lif(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2022
Because both are not trying to please each other again.
No more demo to each other.
Many stop be romantic to each other especially after 5 years or immediately after birth

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Sisters Pregnant At The Same Time (photos) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.