Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,390 members, 7,850,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (197324 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Babs822: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Good evening house, please I urgently need a place to buy Habanero pepper seeds ( Hybrid F1). Location either in Ibadan or Abeokuta. I already called this number +234 706 827 8983 but they are out of stock. Any other contacts please?
Below is a sample of what I want.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
codeQue:
Thanks for the tip, will do that.
I planted a test quarter plot, which are 6 months older than the main project.
The leaves below automatically shed off, i was hoping same will apply to these.
But ill prune the leaves as recommended. Thanks.

With time, lower leaves shade off but pruning them off is gud, especially if there is high humidity or if plant size restrict free air circulation. It can also save u some pesticides.
Another thing I noticed about pepper is this: those branches that are below the main Y-branch are weak. If u don't prune them off they will likely break when heavy with fruits, when there is strong wind or when u carelessly brush pass them.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:30am On Apr 08, 2020
FarmTech:

Men I love stuffs like this! But the price. Where did u buy it? Do they have other organic products?
I bought it here in abeokuta.. ofcourse there are other organic products soilborne diseases, bacteria etc... I can give you the sellers contact if you want
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Babs822: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2020
Babs822:
Good evening house, please I urgently need a place to buy Habanero pepper seeds ( Hybrid F1). Location either in Ibadan or Abeokuta. I already called this number +234 706 827 8983 but they are out of stock. Any other contacts please?
Below is a sample of what I want.

Please I still need help with this��
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2020
Babs822:

Please I still need help with this��
here's another contact +2347054397955
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Babs822: 11:31am On Apr 08, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

here's another contact +2347054397955

Thank you
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by teemaseye: 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
veggieman2be:

The pepper is actually about 8 wks old now.
What's your location and contact number?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by teemaseye: 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Intendy:
This Avenir pepper seedlings are up for grab. Had 5,000 to sell but 3,000 fully booked left with around 2,000. To be 6 weeks old by Monday 13th April.

#50 each but slightly negotiable on quantity demanded. Thanks

What's your contact details pls?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Intendy: 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
teemaseye:

What's your contact details pls?
posted earlier on this thread.but it's zero 8 zero 3 two 5 six 3 two 8 three.
Just change the worded numbers to digits.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 6:47am On Apr 10, 2020
teemaseye:

What's your location and contact number?

Am in Ogun State. Check my signature for my contact
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I bought it here in abeokuta.. ofcourse there are other organic products soilborne diseases, bacteria etc... I can give you the sellers contact if you want
I'm waiting. Thanks. One gud thing about this organic stuffs is that u can multiply them urself. I have once read instruction on how Trichoderma can be multiplied.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
FarmTech:

I'm waiting. Thanks. One gud thing about this organic stuffs is that u can multiply them urself. I have once read instruction on how Trichoderma can be multiplied.
+2348161254947
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Benamin18: 1:12am On Apr 13, 2020
HornyTave:

Go to lagos street, where they sell agricultural inputs, ask of Alfred, a short fat dark man, if he doesn't have it, ask of Uwaifoh, An average Height man who loves to introduce new product to his costumers.
each would have it.
if both doesn't go to farmers house at 2nd traffic light, sapkonba road.
please I live in Benin and I want to start pepper farming i will really appreciate if I can be assisted with information on how to go about it.. thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Benamin18: 1:16am On Apr 13, 2020
okoroemeka:
to get 60k weekly from a pepper farm u will need to have at least 1200 avenir pepper stands and that will be squeezed into 3 plots of land at 4feet× 4feet square spacing,it will start to yield from 100 days in dry weather and 120+ days in rainy season, hybrid fresh pepper is resistant to root knot nematodes,but it will be devastated by bacterial leaf spot and tobbaco etch virus, restricted entrance into the farm most be maintained , especially in the morning when it is wet with dew, spraying a cocktail of contact and systemic fungicide is a must every week,also pepper needs a special fertilizer of Epsom salts and cal-mag fertilizer,if u eventually gets it right u will see production of 5-7 bags every 4 days from a healthy 1200 pepper crop,today's price for a bag is 7,000k,so the weekly target is achieveable, you must prune your crops once before it forms a Y branch by cutting off the top growing tip this will create a profusion of many branches that will translate to more yield,make the stems stronger and also the plant will not grow too tall,in all pepper is an easy and straight forward crop to grow the only stressful part we encountered is harvesting the ripe fruits,from the pics shown it should have been in single grow bags and pruned already,we keep our crops in Single grow until they are ready to flower before they go out on the field,
please senior colleague. I want to venture into pepper farming i need guidance and help..the plot of land and capital is available. I just need information and instructions on how to make it work. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by HornyTave: 5:44am On Apr 13, 2020
Benamin18:
please I live in Benin and I want to start pepper farming i will really appreciate if I can be assisted with information on how to go about it.. thanks

I can link you with a friend who's into large scale chilli pepper farming.

drop your contact details
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Benamin18: 6:57am On Apr 13, 2020
HornyTave:

I can link you with a friend who's into large scale chilli pepper farming.

drop your contact details
ok thanks 07065788490
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Hadsty23(m): 8:58am On Apr 13, 2020
Benamin18:
please senior colleague. I want to venture into pepper farming i need guidance and help..the plot of land and capital is available. I just need information and instructions on how to make it work. Thanks in advance

Okoroemeka... Please a brief of this will help us novice to determine.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2020
Benamin18:
read from the beginning of this thread to the end.. all of your answers is on this thread
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hadsty23:

Okoroemeka... Please a brief of this will help us novice to determine.
like my fellow Farmer rightly said that the answers to your questions is in the thread,but one thing you have to understand is that one plot is small for a pepper farm,it is not a complicated crop to grow like cucumbers but it takes time and space,the only two stubborn points to be wary of in pepper farming is viral/bacterial leaf shrinking disease and immature pod shedding, there are other pitfalls and potholes along the road but they are easily managed with good maintenance,a successful pepper farmer is a proactive individual that plans ahead,by this time his farm should be flowering and fruiting already so to utilize the rains and high price,90-100 days is a long time to wait especially if you are broke and hungry, pepper farming required an unwavering clear focus on target and the mindset to believe in yourself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
okoroemeka:
like my fellow Farmer rightly said that the answers to your questions is in the thread,but one thing you have to understand is that one plot is small for a pepper farm,it is not a complicated crop to grow like cucumbers but it takes time and space,the only two stubborn points to be wary of in pepper farming is viral/bacterial leaf shrinking disease and immature pod shedding, there are other pitfalls and potholes along the road but they are easily managed with good maintenance,a successful pepper farmer is a proactive individual that plans ahead,by this time his farm should be flowering and fruiting already so to utilize the rains and high price,90-100 days is a long time to wait especially if you are broke and hungry, pepper farming required an unwavering clear focus on target and the mindset to believe in yourself.

What can be done to tackle bacterial leaf shrinking.
Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
+2348161254947
. Thanks a lot.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2020
veggieman2be:

What can be done to tackle bacterial leaf shrinking.
Thanks
on my experience 2 things that I know will make your plant leaves to shrink

1) bacteria wilt.. g
first sign of bacteria wilt you'll noticed are the younger leaves shrinking

2) whiteflies, aphids, mites
when they infect your plant with their virus.. you'll notice the plant foliage drying I.e the leaves shrinking and flowers aborting in the process..

if you can atleast manage 800 to 1000 pepper plants you're off to a good start
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Hadsty23(m): 8:13am On Apr 14, 2020
Thanks boss
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

1) bacteria wilt.. g

when they infect your plant with their virus.. you'll notice the plant foliage drying I.e the leaves shrinking and flowers aborting in the process..

When these happens what treatment do you apply and how often.
When should someone start treating his plant

Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

1) bacteria wilt.. g

The 800 - 1000 pepper plant that will be a good start if well manages is it local, opv or hybrid
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
veggieman2be:

When these happens what treatment do you apply and how often.
When should someone start treating his plant

Thanks
you can use cyperforce or Tetra kill, punch for the aphids and whiteflies spray atleast once a week..

you can use trichoderma viridis (organic) for bacteria wilt
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
veggieman2be:

The 800 - 1000 pepper plant that will be a good start if well manages is it local, opv or hybrid
that depends on your market.. both local opv and hybrids.. grows well, if well managed.. I get this sneaky suspicion local opvs are more resistant to insect attacks compared to hybrids.. while hybridd are more resistant to bacteria attacks..
that's just what I've observed on my plants so far
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
With this total lock down in Ogun state my friend finds it difficult to move their habanero pepper fruits to Lagos(mile 2 market). They just have to sell at olomore market Abeokuta. Another friend that has close to 2 acres of chili pepper was just sun drying his Pepper instead of selling cheaper. Another lesson from covid 1-9 lol

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
Please are there any tricks to having a uniform maturity for peppers, so a full time harvesting van be done once?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
codeQue:
Please are there any tricks to having a uniform maturity for peppers, so a full time harvesting van be done once?
I've been wondering about this myself,.. heard of ethylene.. but was advised not to use it
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
codeQue:
just give them time.. theyll ripe.. have you started to see red pepper fruits??
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 9:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

just give them time.. theyll ripe.. have you started to see red pepper fruits??

Yes o, had to harvest them with the fear of them getting spoilt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.