Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193737 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Alashi(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30
ogbongenet:
which kind offensive be that ,we are all hear to learn , nobody knows all
My bad. maybe its my wrong choice of words. I will be learning more from you than you from me. Biggest thing here is the encouragement that is abundant. Nevertheless, I will actively participate in the process.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by bassey25(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04
Abeg! Bosses I am currently in south south. Please is it adviceable to nurse pepper by ending of February . My location is calabar. Na money I dey expect , I for don nurse last month.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by bassey25(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04
Please bosses, I am.im south south. Is it adviceable to plant nurse pepper by February ending here. Considering the high frequency of rain in this region. Calabar is the location.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15
Good evening house, what can I do to my pepper nursery bed, I noticed nematodes infection.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:49am On Feb 16
bassey25:
Please bosses, I am.im south south. Is it adviceable to plant nurse pepper by February ending here. Considering the high frequency of rain in this region. Calabar is the location.
it does not matter when you nurse,the major concern is the type or variety to nurse,as a farmer for many years the only obstacles to a successful pepper harvest is pepper viral diseases which includes CMv,tobacco etch,pmV,pepper curly leaf etc,most other bacterial or fungal problems are easily corrected by fungicides and proper nutrition but the only defence against this viral problems is planting resistant varieties,this will be your major concern because the insects that transmit this diseases from plant to plant are almost invisible to the naked eyes,from mites,mealy bugs,thrips, whitefly,aphids ,etc,that is why plants are already infected before you even know there is a problem
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:55am On Feb 16
DeejaywonDJ1:
Good evening house, what can I do to my pepper nursery bed, I noticed nematodes infection.
it might not be nematodes because hot peppers are Hardy and tolerant to nematodes and also it takes at least 30-40 days for the visible knots to develop on the roots,that is why it is highly advisable to burn grasses on top of the nursery spot to sterilize the soil before actual nursery and the application of nematicide in every planting is also recommended for highly infected soil

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 8:13am On Feb 16
okoroemeka:
it might not be nematodes because hot peppers are Hardy and tolerant to nematodes and also it takes at least 30-40 days for the visible knots to develop on the roots,that is why it is highly advisable to burn grasses on top of the nursery spot to sterilize the soil before actual nursery and the application of nematicide in every planting is also recommended for highly infected soil
thanks boss, this definitely helps
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Smug4real(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18
okoroemeka:
if you try avenir f1 u will not look back again,the spiciy flavour is incredible,when we have it the market women hoard it for hoteliers and restaurant people they pay premium price for it, because of the out of the world goat meat scent and also 3 fruits will do for a big pot of soup,unlike the common red pepper u can put 10-15 pieces still no show,also op try and expose the seedlings to morning sunlight so it will stop being spindly and get strong stems.
Please which variety is better between Avenir F1 and habanero F1 ?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Smug4real(m): 8:09pm On Feb 18
okoroemeka:
it does not matter when you nurse,the major concern is the type or variety to nurse,as a farmer for many years the only obstacles to a successful pepper harvest is pepper viral diseases which includes CMv,tobacco etch,pmV,pepper curly leaf etc,most other bacterial or fungal problems are easily corrected by fungicides and proper nutrition but the only defence against this viral problems is planting resistant varieties,this will be your major concern because the insects that transmit this diseases from plant to plant are almost invisible to the naked eyes,from mites,mealy bugs,thrips, whitefly,aphids ,etc,that is why plants are already infected before you even know there is a problem

Please sir, can you recommend resistant varieties for me. I'm a newbie who wants to go into it full time in Ogun State.
Resistant varieties with high yield (if it's possible to get all those benefits in a particular variety) would be preferable.
Thanks as i await your response.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Smug4real(m): 6:32pm On Feb 19
ogbongenet:
I don't know that big men do visit nairaland agriculture section or follow topics on it until this Monday morning when I received a call from a senior military man that he was in my area for a election and before going back to his base he would like to visit my farm. I was shocked when I saw two hilux van on my farm with military boys. The boss was very friendly and passionate about farming, I showed him my pepper nursery and he was impressed... But after a lot of discussion he insisted that he wanted to buy 2000 stands Of my pepper, I tried to persuade him but as you know khaki men no go gree. We counted it we got 1022 stands unpruned. So I only have 430 prune pepper in my farm now. So I have to visit Agrotropic to get a new 50gram seed again. I just did the nursery this morning.
Please where can I get Avenir F1?
How many grams would I need on one acre...and how much should I budget for seeds?

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 7:02pm On Feb 19
Smug4real:

Please where can I get Avenir F1?
How many grams would I need on one acre...and how much should I budget for seeds?

Thanks as I await your response.
I don't know your location,you can ask people selling vegetables seed in your area .
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 9:32pm On Feb 19
Smug4real:

Please sir, can you recommend resistant varieties for me. I'm a newbie who wants to go into it full time in Ogun State.
Resistant varieties with high yield (if it's possible to get all those benefits in a particular variety) would be preferable.
Thanks as i await your response.
super habanero,red picquante and red scorpion varieties, WhatsApp 081199-420-49 for more details

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Smug4real(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20
okoroemeka:
super habanero,red picquante and red scorpion varieties, WhatsApp 081199-420-49 for more details
Okay sir. Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Smug4real(m): 10:54pm On Feb 20
ogbongenet:
I don't know your location,you can ask people selling vegetables seed in your area .
Sagamu is my location sir
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by sheddyboy01(m): 10:16am On Feb 29
okoroemeka:
Good morning Boss, please I have a question for you and ogbongenet .

I went into yam farming last year, after watching videos and tutorials on minister technology, I delve in

But this is my experience;

I treated my minisets with Z-force (Mancozeb as active ingredient) and Magic-force(Lambda cyha.. as active ingredient)

About 90% of the minisets got rotten and didn't germinate, I have no idea what I did wrong, was it that the concentration was too much or that very variety of yam couldn't cope with chemical treatment?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by bassey25(m): 11:35pm On Mar 16
okoroemeka:

Thanks so much sir. I have really learnt so much from you. With this enlightenment, I will be on high alert to ensure such disease will not waste my effort. Thanks boss. Sorry I have been offline for a while now..I just saw the reply.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by REUBEN010(m): 5:43am On Mar 17
Scotch bonnet (rodo) pepper seedlings available for sale!!!

Source: Heirloom

Characteristics: Good disease resistance, low maintenance cost, high yielding and very spicy.

Quantity: Over 10,000 stands.

Picture below shows performance of the pepper on last cultivation.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Oluwatosinfaith: 9:36pm On Apr 08
I am a newbie, I got piquante Fi 500 seeds it's was triple the price of Efia, although I got Efia too it has way more seeds than piquante red, please which is more productive and do they have the same maturity date, and please what makes Piquante special. Please I really need response, thanks alot
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by zindu: 10:35am On Apr 24
Pls whats the remedy for this

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by REUBEN010(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30
zindu:
Pls whats the remedy for this

If you meant shrinking new leaves of the pepper, spray Sharpshooter insecticide early morning or late evening. Their condition will start changing within a week if they are well hydrated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.