Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Jealous Aunt? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jealous Aunt? (3975 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealous Aunt? by onions: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
I am in my late twenties and living with my aunty presently. She is in her thirties and yet to marry. Before now we were best of friend because i didn't have a relationship and was always indoors.

Recently,i met a nice guy who shows interest in me and even propose. We hang out most evenings after work and he drops me off latest 9pm. I notice my aunt is not too friendly anymore,and threatens to throw me out of the house.

Im hurt and confused bc of her attitude. Does it mean she doesn't want my happiness? I wanted to move out,but my guy told me not to,that i should hang on till we get married. Im scared she may harm me bc she doesn't talk or answer my greetings anymore. What should i do?
Re: Jealous Aunt? by phemmy88(m): 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
Well, i think your aunt is jealous, I understand how she feels, i guess She's a little bit depressed,
BTW; why is she not married @ her age? Is she a divorcee?
Re: Jealous Aunt? by onions: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
I don't know why she's not married. She doesn't lack suitors to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by phemmy88(m): 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2010
U may try to talk to her and ask if you have offended her. Her response will determine what step to take next!
Re: Jealous Aunt? by onions: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2010
I've done that,but she flared up and told me to go rent a house.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by SAGoddess: 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Then go rent your own place. . . . . especially since you think she might harm you!
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
onions:

I've done that,but she flared up and told me to go rent a house.

What other excuse do you need undecided

onions:

I am in my late twenties and living with my aunty presently. She is in her thirties and yet to marry. Before now we were best of friend because i didn't have a relationship and was always indoors.

Recently,i met a nice guy who shows interest in me and even propose. We hang out most evenings after work and he drops me off latest 9pm. I notice my aunt is not too friendly anymore,and threatens to throw me out of the house.

Im hurt and confused bc of her attitude. Does it mean she doesn't want my happiness? I wanted to move out,but my guy told me not to,that i should hang on till we get married. Im scared she may harm me bc she doesn't talk or answer my greetings anymore. What should i do?

Why does he want you to 'hang on'

Is he scared you'll aske him to pay for the rent? wink cheesy

Anyways, maybe you are not telling us the full story. How long have you lived with your Aunt? Did she agree to house you indefinitely or just for a while?

I once had a friend who begged me to take her in for a couple of months. After 6 months and she was not making any plans to leave, I had to make her.

Your Aunt has told you to leave and you are still hanging around trying to be a burden on her when you can afford your own house. I think you are taking advantage of her and the fact that suspecting her of being jealous of you just goes to show how ungrateful you can be!

No hard feelings girl, but you need to start taking responsibility for yourself!
Re: Jealous Aunt? by likeme(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^ You sound like her aunty.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2010
likeme:

^^^ You sound like her aunty.

Oh you dont know how frustrating it can be to have to put up with someone at your own inconvenience, indefinitely!

And the poor woman complains and they call her jealous. She said it herself that her Aunt does not lack suitors so what exactly is she jealous of undecided
Re: Jealous Aunt? by onions: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2010
@Uju i've lived with her more than 5yrs,right b4 i started university. She's like a big sister to me,that is why i didn't expect this.

You needed to see the hate in her when she asked me to leave,more like i did something wrong.My bf asked me to hang on bc he he doesn't want it to look as if bc of a man,im now arrogant considering the fact that she is not married.

But im making plans to leave if she still behaves this way by next weekend.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2010
onions:

@Uju i've lived with her more than 5yrs,right b4 i started university. She's like a big sister to me,that is why i didn't expect this.

You needed to see the hate in her when she asked me to leave,more like i did something wrong.My bf asked me to hang on bc he he doesn't want it to look as if bc of a man,im now arrogant considering the fact that she is not married.

But im making plans to leave if she still behaves this way by next weekend.

But you've been working for sometime now, why did you keep staying with her?

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for yourself to avoid some insults. If you were on your own, will she be shouting on you like you were a kid? Money's meant to check insult and if you have it, move out.

You Aunt has tried for you.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by phemmy88(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
Well said!
I think it's time you move out, (that's if u've got enough dough or if your BF is ready to take up the task), Now she's no more comfortable wif you,
Re: Jealous Aunt? by phemmy88(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
**CASE CLOSED**
Next, !
Re: Jealous Aunt? by mutter(f): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ poster it often makes a better impression, when a young woman does not live on her own.
That makes your boyfriend and his family more comfortable. Makes you look more responsible.
Maybe you need to apologizes to your aunt and let her speak her mind.
I have a few suggestions of what has been making her mad.
- did you introduce your boyfriend to her and does he acknowledge her and show respect?
- what have you changed since your relationship?
Probably before you helped more in the house and kept her company in the evening. Now you have stopped that. Try to find an equal balance.
Do you also contribute in the house.
If you want her back to her old self, you must change things too.
ask your boyfriend not to take you out so frequently
What you need to do is tidy up, cook something special, buy her a little present and the apologise for your neglect. Let her know you got carried way.
Your boyfriend will respect you the more for it.
Do you know what will happen at this rate you are going?
By the time you have your first problem in the marriage, he will let you know that you are a trouble woman, who could not even respect or stay with the Aunt that she lived with.
Let me give you good advise-
You must never let your husband or future husband know you have problems with your family. That is what he will use to insult you later and believe me it hurts.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by mutter(f): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2010
-and since you are working, you have to contribute financially too.
Why should she be paying rent and buying food for you now.
If you contribute financially, she can even help someone else in the family and will be motivated to do so because it worked out well with you.
Do not close the rod for others.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by forous: 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2010
mutter:

-and since you are working, you have to contribute financially too.
Why should she be paying rent and buying food for you now.
If you contribute financially, she can even help someone else in the family and will be motivated to do so because it worked out well with you.
Do not close the road for others
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Omolola1(f): 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2010
it's good you've decided to move out of your aunt's house, she is jealous of you!
Re: Jealous Aunt? by tkb417(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Why does he want you to 'hang on'

Is he scared you'll aske him to pay for the rent?

Anyways, maybe you are not telling us the full story. How long have you lived with your Aunt? Did she agree to house you indefinitely or just for a while?

I once had a friend who begged me to take her in for a couple of months. After 6 months and she was not making any plans to leave, I had to make her.

Your Aunt has told you to leave and you are still hanging around trying to be a burden on her when you can afford your own house. I think you are taking advantage of her and the fact that suspecting her of being jealous of you just goes to show how ungrateful you can be!

No hard feelings girl, but you need to start taking responsibility for yourself!

i know ure brilliant

but ur points are usually lopsided and are usually lost in thought

so, cos the lady complains of her aunts sudden change in attitude, the poor babe is an ingrate? Jesus is Lord im sure you know

@Poster
move away from the house. . . hustle to get ur place
Re: Jealous Aunt? by googles: 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2010
yea shez obviously bitter about sommin

just move out of her place and settle things wiv her
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
Yes it normal,She is Jealous,But you have to compose yourself and still respect her as your elder sister.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by chiozor: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
what do heal are you hanging out with a guy late time like that undecided gross irresponsible. control yourself, spend only weekend with the guy and come back in time. you have started opening wide your leg and laughing like a she-goat bride, when he pumps finish and move on-who knows, you will start whinning here. embarassed
Re: Jealous Aunt? by 1105(f): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
[size=15pt]I need Mr.Brown Jay to say sometin abut this,

BTW,
WHY NOT JUST PISS HER OFF, BY ASKING HER IF SHE'S INTERESTED IN YOUR MAN, grin
[/size]
Re: Jealous Aunt? by onions: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2010
Thanks y'all for your kind and unkind advice. I spoke with my bf over lunch and we've decided i should stay bc we know if i move out during this time,she may not attend the wedding or may be completely devastated. And for the record, she is a very kind lady especially to me.

@mutter i know i've never contributed financially to the upkeep of the house bc she doesn't allow me,she is very rich and sees my salary as pocket money.When i told her i want to introduce someone to her she told me that if it's the person that has been dropping me off then she doesn't want to meet him. The guy has never entered my house bc of her attitude,though he knows her.

@chiozor contrary to your thought,we've not had s.ex. We are christians and have decided to wait till marriage.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by chika98: 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
Like you both have decided; Stay there and move out when you finally get married. Congrats to you in advance
Re: Jealous Aunt? by googles: 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2010
chiozor:

what do heal are you hanging out with a guy late time like that undecided gross irresponsible. control yourself, spend only weekend with the guy and come back in time. you have started opening wide your leg and laughing like a she-goat bride, when he pumps finish and move on-who knows, you will start whinning here. embarassed

OKAY !!! I cant stand this guy
angry angry
Re: Jealous Aunt? by blank(f): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2010
What i don't understand is that the owner of the house asked u to move out and u and ur boyfriend decided that u should not?
Am i missing something here?
Is it until she throws ur things into the middle of the road that u would hear?
Pls, respect urself.
5yrs and still counting.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2010
tkb417:

i know ure brilliant

but your points are usually lopsided and are usually lost in thought

so, cos the lady complains of her aunts sudden change in attitude, the poor babe is an ingrate? Jesus is Lord im sure you know

@Poster
move away from the house. . . hustle to get your place

So the only explaination to the change in attitude is that she's jealous?

I mean I can think of other reasons and I bet the poster can too, but she prefers to beleive her Aunt, who's taken care of her all these while is jealous of her because she landed herself a finace-wanna-be!

onions:

@mutter i know i've never contributed financially to the upkeep of the house bc she doesn't allow me,she is very rich and sees my salary as pocket money.When i told her i want to introduce someone to her she told me that if it's the person that has been dropping me off then she doesn't want to meet him. The guy has never entered my house bc of her attitude,though he knows her.

So all the while he has been coming to pick you he has never bothered to meet her and intorduce himself? So he just picks you and drops you whenever he likes without regards for who you were staying with?

Don't you know you are under her care? If anything happens to you, she'll be held responsible? Before you started to keep late nights with the young man you should have introduced him to your Aunt first. That's courtesy my friend.

Now I see why she doesn't like him! undecided
Re: Jealous Aunt? by skyndyp(f): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2010
@ Uju read her last post again,she said when she wanted to introduce the guy the aunt said no. OP just cool down,don't move yet till u've reconcile with her. That way both of you can still remain best of pals.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
skyndyp:

@ Uju read her last post again,she said when she wanted to introduce the guy the aunt said no. OP just cool down,don't move yet till u've reconcile with her. That way both of you can still remain best of pals.

Maybe you should read it again. He was already picking her up and dropping her before she volunteered to introduce him! He should have been responsible enough to introduce himself before starting to keep late nights with her.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by OAM4J: 5:14am On Aug 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

Maybe you should read it again. He was already picking her up and dropping her before she volunteered to introduce him! He should have been responsible enough to introduce himself before starting to keep late nights with her.

OP are you sure your aunty's name does not include Uju or Joan? undecided grin
Re: Jealous Aunt? by invisible2(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2010
I think the bf knows the aunt in a way them both has not told our poster.
Re: Jealous Aunt? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

So all the while he has been coming to pick you he has never bothered to meet her and intorduce himself? So he just picks you and drops you whenever he likes without regards for who you were staying with?

Don't you know you are under her care? If anything happens to you, she'll be held responsible? Before you started to keep late nights with the young man you should have introduced him to your Aunt first. That's courtesy my friend.

Now I see why she doesn't like him! undecided

You are right about this one, this poster obviously has no respect for the so called aunt, I mean how can you live in someone else's house , come in and go out or get dropped off by an unknown creature who might end up being an armed robber or a hardened criminal tomorrow without formally introducing him to your aunt(your guardian for heavens sake) . If the guy even had good intentions or really is a CHRISTIAN like she said, he should have introduced himself to the aunt the minute he starts dropping her off and ofcourse the poster who happens to be in her late twenties with no common sense of her own did not think it right to tell the aunt about him first hand before the numerous car drop offs

Seriously poster both you and that your fiance are eediots

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? / I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem / I Need A New Family!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.