Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? (1088 Views)

The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! / You Can Use "Gap Years" To Your Advantage In Migrating To Canadian / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by whyteteeth: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
A neighbor has just told me about getting me travel documents to Dubai sometime this year if I can pay a certain amount of money. He said it’s genuine and it’s covers getting me linked with a company that will offer me a job n residence permit. I don’t know how authentic the info is but I am considering giving him a try because I really want to leave this country for good through genuine means, I don’t want to be deported or get stranded overseas.

Let me just assume that his offer is genuine, at the end of the day “if I finally agree to have a deal with him” And I travel to Dubai, I would like to know what it is like to live and work in Dubai?

I am a graduate and I am 28yrs old. When I asked about what kind of job I will be doing over there, He was like I could end up in a Chinese firm as an unskilled labour?

My questions are this; What would things look like for me if I end up that way, Would I have any regrets? What are my chances of having a good life in Dubai as an unskilled worker? I am not wishing myself something bad but I am just imagining the worst that can happen in a journey like this. What are your thoughts, would u rather I I travel to Europe or America? Those of you that are there, what do u all think?
Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by Fela4ese: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
I have not gone there tho but I prefer u go to places like Germany or d USA if u can so that ur chances will stand out more
Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2019
Good. But I recommend Sharjah. It is cheaper to live, and general standard of living is fairer.

2 Likes

Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by whyteteeth: 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Good. But I recommend Sharjah. It is cheaper to live, and general standard of living is fairer.

Thanks
Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by Laird(m): 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
Please I beg You, say no to the offer.

Some job contracts in Dubai are exploitative and pay so little and You cannot change employer as your residence work permit is linked to your employer.
Remember You are spending and paying for things in Dirham.and not naira
Instead use your money and personally apply for a 3 month visiting visa to Dubai and UAE from nigeria.
You can use cheap manage manage airlines like Air Rwanda or Air Maroc.
When You get there, find out the cost of living in different Emirates and then find a job which can pay your bills and rent and still give you savings.
When you get a job of your taste and choice, the company there will then file your employer visa and resident permit.

Visit the.Nairaland UAE thread for more information

10 Likes

Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by esecoal(m): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2019
my guy don,t even try it...u could be there for 6months without job hence forcing u to do stupid slave job ,which entails signing silly contracts ....My best advice go to europe if u have the money.....Arab country run from it...My uncle in spain educated me on this...no try am ...no try ammm

4 Likes

Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by whyteteeth: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2019
Laird:
Please I beg You, say no to the offer.

Some job contracts in Dubai are exploitative and pay so little and You cannot change employer as your residence work permit is linked to your employer.
Remember You are spending and paying for things in Dirham.and not naira
Instead use your money and personally apply for a 3 month visiting visa to Dubai and UAE from nigeria.
You can use cheap manage manage airlines like
Air Rwanda or Air Maroc.

When You get there, find out the cost of living in different Emirates and then find a job which can pay your bills and rent and still give you savings.
When you get a job of your taste and choice, the company there will then file your employer visa and resident permit.

Visit the.Nairaland UAE thread for more information

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: What Do U Think About My Plans In Migrating To Dubai? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
Fela4ese:
I have not gone there tho but I prefer u go to places like Germany or d USA if u can so that ur chances will stand out more
you thought usa visa easy the last time wedent we where over 1000 bro usa visa is luck I don't advise hin trying usa or the u.k the crowd are too much (not hating)

(1) (Reply)

Ghanian Man living in america angry At People Begging Him For Money / 29 Days Through Mexico / Which Country In Europe Can I Travel To With Budget Of 3.5m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.