Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

End The Strike ASUU:A Student Call To Order - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / End The Strike ASUU:A Student Call To Order (235 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

End The Strike ASUU:A Student Call To Order by Deboemman: 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2019
The Academic Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU) had refused the proposal of the government to release of N34 billion to revitalize the university system compared to the 1.1 trillion naira proposed by them to fund the university and so continued in their strike action to show their displeasure. I don't blame them,truth be told,the state of the Nigerian universities is poor,the facilities and amenities are degrading and project students needs to buy
the needed costly chemicals to carry out research in the laboratory themselves.
But we must understand the true nature,situation and the adverse effects of the constant strike action this elites embarks on almost every year. We are so accustomed to this trend and we are fed up and are quick to judge each consecutive governments to give ASUU fair share of their demands.What we fail to see is that it is truly this set of individuals that are problematic and their demands selfish and non-factual.They aren't fighting for the good of us and their intents is not majorly for the low standard of education but their pockets!.
Nothing is wrong with protesting for higher pay but it is the camouflaging of advocating for the education system and the students cause that embitter me.We have hailed them well enough,now is the time we need to call them to order.
All they fight for is incremental wages yet they are one of the well remunerated profession in Nigeria(the approximate earnings of a professor I'd N4,508,349 to N6,020,163 per annum), amendments to the retirement age and pension of professors from 65-70(which has been implemented), payment of earned allowance to mention but a few.
Other sectors are in dire need of funding,I weep at the state of our primary and secondary schools,our hospitals poorly equipped,roads are a death trap and the poverty of our citizens is a more glaring issue to combat.
Our nation would be in total disarray if all employees and their union acts in this manner,declaring an emergency in their fields and shutting down for this long period of time as they equally has a need and a right to do so.
They are wasting our future for a cause that is unfounded.Our undergraduates are on the street idle and jambites left to their their hard fate.Without less funds to attend private universities, they are left with no option than to wait for ASUU who cared less about them to call off the strike.
We have forgotten that Rome wasn't built in a day and for a fact-Nigeria is a developing country thus the changes we hoped for would be gradual.Nigeria shall be great again!
What we need for them is creating inventions with the so called knowledge they take pride in.Not their harassment of students,they need to show us why our resources must be used to finance them than other sectors;not to be spent on our health,economy,primary and secondary school education,agriculture but on more pay! I bet the only proof is their doctorate from Cambridge.Nothing created from the scratch!not even a damn toothpick.Some inventors so crazy about their idea financed their research with their hard earned money or sought for finance from research organizations to make this dreams a reality before the government sees a means and a need to assist and invest in them.
I am certain this funds wouldn't be utilized as their request for autonomy and independence wouldn't make them accountable,it might be squandered like the grants released to prominent academicians by the NGO's and research institutes to further research on the cure of HIV.
The government need to show concern towards the fate of our youths if ASUU is blind to do what's right.They need more dialogue and need to reach an agreement quick to show they do really care about us.We understand how hard it is as ASUU is uncompromising but we need to be back in school.If billions can be raised for election campaigns,then a critical education sector needs not have a problem with proper funding.

#End the strike now
Re: End The Strike ASUU:A Student Call To Order by iwattpro(m): 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
For me I just thank Buhari for giving me history to tell my unborn child, when my Parle told me about how this man called Buhari turned everything upside down in 1984 or 1985 before he was overthrown then ,but now I don see kokoro with me two eyes Buhari will never rule this country again, the only way for Buhari to rule this country again is only if Almighty God the beginning and the end, the Creator of Heaven and Earth is not in Heaven that's the only way Buhari can rule.

(1) (Reply)

Research Work Assist / Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) Academic Calendar For 2nd Semester 2017 / Corruption In Educational System, Killing The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.