Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion (1333 Views)

Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion / FG Gives Counter Offer To ASUU Next Week To Ending Strike(details) / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2022
The federal government has sued ASUU since they have been unreasonable with negotiations.

They have been unreasonable since day one such as seeking over 150% salary increment and adopting a self-designed payment platform among others.

I want the government to understand that ASUU is a loser! And they can't win this case anywhere.

They are very much aware of the "No Work, No Pay" policy.

A Policy is a deliberate system of guidelines to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. In this case, FG imposed this policy to put an end to yearly strikes from ASUU.

Because ASUU is now accustomed to striking for as long as they want. Then they'll resume, get paid for all the months they did not work for, and then come stamp their foot in the ground in lecture theater while claiming that "they'll get paid irrespective of whether they come to class or not"

The union will show no concern for students who will lose passion for schooling, diversify into crime, etc.

The FG should not be intimidated by how many SANS ASUU has hired to defend them. It is "NO WORK, NO PAY" and not "No work, Get Paid Later"

A policy is a policy!

Let the government stand with this until the end, and let's see if we won't end ASUU yearly strikes!

The best FG can do is to give them one month's salary, because all the backlog of work they claim they'll do is not up to a month

It is always two weeks of revision, and two weeks of examination. Then students will fail, and many students will digress from bagging a good grade. That is the usual tradition, and why most 2.1 students will end up bagging 2.2. (I stand to be corrected!)

They can't win this case anywhere. I support the motion because ASUU is arrogant while always comparing itself with politicians.

What business do you have with how much the federal government is paying bandits for holding humans hostage? Why are they applying the same strategy in pushing their demands?

What business do they have with how politicians are living, or how they spend their money?

The federal government has done all it can to end this strike, but ASUU is the one that chose to stress this strike while using the government's flaws against them to gain public sympathy.

We've seen how ASUU members are always quick to insult people who are against them, and we've once seen their president insult the minister of labor on live TV. That's evidence of their arrogant nature while pressing their demands

ASUU should be made to understand that you don't DICTATE to your employer. It's never done anywhere!

The best you can do is to beg and ask for better working conditions. If you say you want a 180% salary increment and the government says we can only afford to give 25% you are expected to beg, and not prove superior to your employers.

ASUU is not willing to beg. They believe they have equal rights with politicians, and they keep displaying their arrogant nature.

We've all seen how ASUU members are always quick to insult anyone against them or anyone who advises them to try other approaches.

For example, we've seen the ASUU president insult the minister of labor on live TV. That is evidence of how arrogant they are when on the negotiation table.

The federal government cannot overdo it because federal university lecturers are not the only civil servants in Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Emmamay10: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2022
How I wish suing ASUU would bring succour to the plight of Nigerian students and other people that are affected by this strike. Only more money to ASUU members will resolve the crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by IamDietiesGod: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2022
Irrespectives of the utilities and values of this move by FG, this move is still a long thing for the most affected, the students. As the process involves in any court proceeding are always elongated.

As it stands now, the possibility of the strike ending this year is not feasible.

1 Like

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Anigreat: 11:43am On Sep 12, 2022
shocked

Let's tell ourselves the whole truth, this is a war ASUU cannot win.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Let's tell ourselves the whole truth, this is a war ASUU cannot win.

That's because they can't claim ignorant of the policy since March.

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
IamDietiesGod:
Irrespectives of utilities and values of this move by FG, this move is still a long thing for the most affected, the students. As the process involves in any court proceeding are always elongated.

As it stands now, the possibility of the strike ending this year is not feasible.
How long will the lecturers be able to cope without salaries before staging a revolt against ASUU excos?

There's already the possibility of losing 7 months salaries, how many months are they ready to add?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by IamDietiesGod: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

How long will the lecturers be able to cope without salaries before staging a revolt against ASUU excos?

There's already the possibility of losing 7 months salaries, how many months are they ready to add?

I could only hope the bolded will happen as swift as possible. The future of the students are just washing away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Dvdpity: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
Idiots talking.

6 Likes

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Mercury12(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
You want fg to sue these sadist professors?
Oh they already did! shocked

I think you and FG are in for a long and messy ride. undecided
Sit back and enjoy the show.

Assu I'm sure are ready to show u they don't have shame

1 Like

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by henrybomb(m): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2022
Who is bank rolling you to do this?
Remember FG don’t care if the strike ends or not they don’t even care about anything in general.
They have all their children abroad so it means that people who can’t afford that luxury will have to sit back and look until the strike is over.
Have you ever seen past presidents or governors or head of states protest over non payment of their salaries? None
Did you see their reaction the last time aviation sector wanted to go on strike? They quickly sorted it out
FG don’t have money bla bla bla but they used billions of naira to purchase SUVs to Niger Republic...so whoever thought or suggested that FG should sue ASUU is just adding more salt to a deep and painful injury..I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 4:15am On Sep 13, 2022
henrybomb:

Remember FG don’t care if the strike ends or not they don’t even care about anything in general.

They have all their children abroad so it means that people who can’t afford that luxury will have to sit back and look until the strike is over. ¹

Have you ever seen past presidents or governors or head of states protest over non payment of their salaries? None

Did you see their reaction the last time aviation sector wanted to go on strike? They quickly sorted it out ²

FG don’t have money bla bla bla but they used billions of naira to purchase SUVs to Niger Republic...so whoever thought or suggested that FG should sue ASUU is just adding more salt to a deep and painful injury..I rest my case.

Why are varisty lecturers comparing theirselves with politicians?

All of your points do not hold water because they are not enough reason to hold students down for more than 6 months.

It's not as if the government was owing the union monthly salary before they declared strike aside the minimum wage arrears, and the need for salary increment.

The government don't care because they have their children abroad. We agree! ¹ But most lecturers pushing for this strike either have their children abroad or they no longer children schooling.

Most professors do not care if the strike last for 5 years because they don't have their children schooling here. Stop blaming the government. ¹

The ones at the receiving end are junior lecturers who are just starting their career, and the students.

Speaking on how quick the government came to the aid of the aviation industry. I know for a fact that they've not been striking since the 90's! For over 3 decades, ASUU has a record of over 24 yearly strikes. Are varsity lecturers the only civil servant in Nigeria?[/b] ²

The No Work, No Pay policy will end all of those rubbish!

ASUU are slowly loosing respect, and attention because we know they must mark every year with a strike. Even during waves of the global pandemic, ASUU still declared strike to show how insensitive, arrogant, and self-centered they are.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 7:40am On Sep 13, 2022
henrybomb:
They have all their children abroad so it means that people who can’t afford that luxury will have to sit back and look until the strike is over.
Did you see their reaction the last time aviation sector wanted to go on strike? They quickly sorted it out

if industrial court this friday, orders ASUU to resume amidst continued negotiation with FG, what will ASUU do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2022
Mercury12:
You want fg to sue these sadist professors?
Oh they already did! shocked

I think you and FG are in for a long and messy ride. undecided
Sit back and enjoy the show.

Assu I'm sure are ready to show u they don't have shame

if industrial court this friday, orders ASUU to resume amidst continued negotiation with FG, what will ASUU do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2022
Ebubu:

They'll have no choice to RESUME or be ready to bear legal consequences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2022
henrybomb:
So if you think FG don't care if the strike ends or not, why is ASUU still on strike then?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 8:08am On Sep 13, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

So if you think FG don't care if the strike ends or not, why is ASUU still on strike then?

It's almost as if they are been sponsored by a different political party to paint APC black.

Because they always make emphasis on voting out APC whenever the union makes a statement.

As if APC was in power from 1992-2013 when they recorded 21 years of strike.

1992-2013= 21 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2022
Oblivion34:

They'll have no choice to RESUME or be ready to bear legal consequences.

i pray they resume cause students are extremely tired. my distant uncle who is a low cadre lecturer begged me for money last week, i felt so pitied for him. i sent him 2k.

low cadre lecturers and students feel this thing the most. professors have some other means of income and low cadre lecturers are already in debts. plz industrial court should ask the to resume this friday plz, december is even upon here.
Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by fernandoc(m): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2022
Ebubu:

They will file for an appeal. Besides the industrial court has not properly heard the case so forget about any ruling in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2022
fernandoc:

They will file for an appeal. Besides the industrial court has not properly heard the case so forget about any ruling in the nearest future.
if they file an appeal, FG will file for stay of execution until appeal is heard which can be continually postponed.

the hearing is this friday and FG prayed them to expedite the hearing and fast-track it for the sake of the students.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by fernandoc(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2022
Ebubu:
if they file an appeal, FG will file for stay of execution until appeal is heard which can be continually postponed.

the hearing is this friday and FG prayed them to expedite the hearing and fast-track it for the sake of the students.

You and I know that no matter how much the FG presses the snail paced Nigerian judicial system this matter will still linger.
This is just an avenue to buy time until the next government comes into power.
Election is by the conner and to retain power they need money, lots of it. Money will go into campaign anonymous donations, these monies will come form various sources like this salary that FG has decided to seize in guise of preventing future strikes.

1 Like

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2022
fernandoc:

You and I know that no matter how much the FG presses the snail paced Nigerian judicial system this matter will still linger.
Election is by the conner and to retain power they need money, lots of it. Money will go into campaign anonymous donations, these monies will come form various sources like this salary that FG has decided to seize in guise of preventing future strikes.

you think FG can’t influence the decision of industrial court judge which he appointed ? I laugh at your ignorance of Nigerian politics.

so, since you know FG is in need of money for campaign, logistics and elections, why are you people striking into the next government by May 2023 ? why not work now, strike next year after May, when you can negotiate with new government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Mercury12(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2022
Ebubu:

Appeal count and then to supreme court. A long messy ride i tell u.
They can fight dirty

1 Like

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by fernandoc(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2022
Ebubu:

you think FG can’t influence the decision of industrial court judge which he appointed ? I laugh at your ignorance of Nigerian politics.

so, since you know FG is in need of money for campaign, logistics and elections, why are you people striking into the next government by May 2023 ? why not work now, strike next year after May, when you can negotiate with new government.
Typical Nigerian. Instead of being logical you prefer to dwell on sentiments. I only gave you my opinion, since you are an expert in FG antics lets wait and see how your analysis will play out.
Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2022
fernandoc:

Lol, you mean had ASUU not been on strike, FG would have still seized their salaries cos they need it for elections.

By the time the new administration settles in, the strike would have been about 16 months old, let's see if they will be a father Christmas incarnate and pay ASUU 16 months backlog of excess long vacation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 10:00am On Sep 13, 2022
fernandoc:

Typical Nigerian. Instead of being logical you prefer to dwell on sentiments. I only gave you my opinion, since you are an expert in FG antics lets wait and see how your analysis will play out.

oya na. hope you keep record of your junior lecturers who have died due to inability to pay one health fee or the other, or who have become customers to loan apps.

keep riding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Lol, you mean had ASUU not been on strike, FG would have still seized their salaries cos they need it for elections.

By the time the new administration settles in, the strike would have been about 16 months old, let's see if they will be a father Christmas incarnate and pay ASUU 16 months backlog of excess long vacation.
no mind fernandoc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Emmamay10: 11:18am On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=Ebubu post=116614147]i pray they resume cause students are extremely tired. my distant uncle who is a low cadre lecturer begged me for money last week, i felt so pitied for him. i sent him 2k.

low cadre lecturers and students feel this thing the most. professors have some other means of income and low cadre lecturers are already in debts. plz industrial court should ask the to resume this friday plz, december is even upon here.

The professors are the one pushing for the protracted strike while using the junior ones as front. Meanwhile, most of these professors are into consulting or lecturing in other private establishment judging by their years of experience.
Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Mammangaddafi(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=Emmamay10 post=116619908][/quote]But who were those that voted for the indefinite strike?. Was it not the lecturers in the different branches?
Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
Mammangaddafi:
But who were those that voted for the indefinite strike?. Was it not the lecturers in the different branches?
Even some state universities that voted for indefinite strike have now resumed.
Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 1:07am On Sep 16, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Even some state universities that voted for indefinite strike have now resumed.

ASUU will resume after they've been disgraced.

They are too big to beg because they have PhD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:

The almighty ASUU has finally been disgraced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion by Ebubu: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Oblivion34:

The almighty ASUU has finally been disgraced
thank God

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Great Job Obidients.. You Have Rubbished Inec's Plan / Are You Aware There Is A Space Museum In Abuja? / Great Nnamdi Azikiwe University.n.a.u. I Need Some Information.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.