Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,947 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast (2925 Views)

Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda / Trust Me, Something Fishy Is Going On - Pendulum By Dele Momodu / Valentine: 'Atiku My Val' Trends On Twitter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by princejenks(m): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2019
DrKKK1:
Those who follows Dele Momodu should know he is poor when it comes to political analysis. At the pick of PDP presidential primary, he painted a glowing narrative of how Bukola Saraki is already foreclosed as the Presidential candidate of the party. it was so eloquently stated as if he read it from the book of life. But where's saraki today? let's concede that he is a fine writer but what he writes is fuel from what he stomached and his fancies and not base on reality. Take it my people that NW, NE, NC and SW are already in the kitty for PMB. Any Objective analysis will factor in the influences of sitting governors, integrity/corruption, religion, money, ethnicity and achievements.
can you show in clear terms and using a state by state analysis how north central is already in apc's buhari's kitty?
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by ryloy: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2019
Buhari wins landslide :
NW-7
SW-6
NC-5
SS-4
SE-2
NE-5
Atiku losses:
NW-0
SW-0
NC-1
SS-2
SE-4
NE-1
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by princejenks(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
Dannyset:
Lolz!
It's unfortunate how you raise your hope to the high heavens and crash land like a dead whale. No matter how you shuffle the cards, Atiku can't pull any string against Buhari anywhere except in PDP strong holds and this time around results won't be written in those places because most of the Governors are being careful.

It is also laughable how this man is banking on Titi to get SW votes, that's too myopic. Though in SW we don't vote blindly because it's about issue based and not sentiment and that's one of the reasons Atiku won't sell here because we know he is corrupt.

It's just 2 weeks to the election. Let's see how it goes.
you missed the point,SW doesn't give any one party block votes for presidential,it'll be split among apc,pdp and others based on some other considerations like the one the writer mentioned in his piece.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by weownthewest: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2019
onez:
Good write up but I disagree on the south west analysis. Atiku will pull a surprise there with the help of Lagos.
Atiku may likely win lagos. The people are not smiling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by paq1: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2019
Dannyset:
Lolz!
It's unfortunate how you raise your hope to the high heavens and crash land like a dead whale. No matter how you shuffle the cards, Atiku can't pull any string against Buhari anywhere except in PDP strong holds and this time around results won't be written in those places because most of the Governors are being careful.

It is also laughable how this man is banking on Titi to get SW votes, that's too myopic. Though in SW we don't vote blindly because it's about issue based and not sentiment and that's one of the reasons Atiku won't sell here because we know he is corrupt.

It's just 2 weeks to the election. Let's see how it goes.

14days more Nigerians will unleash their wrath on buhari/apc. Nigerians are certainly more than buharideens.
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by paq1: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2019
ryloy:
Buhari wins landslide :
NW-7
SW-6
NC-5
SS-4
SE-2
NE-5
Atiku losses:
NW-0
SW-0
NC-1
SS-2
SE-4
NE-1
Delusional
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by bender79: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2019
NE-
Adamawa- 50:50 too close to call
Bauchi-buhari 70parcent votes
Gombe- buhari 60parcent votes
Borno- buhari 90 parcent votes
Yobe-buhar 90parcent votes
NW-
Kano- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
Kaduna- 50:50 too close to call
Katsina- buhari wins with 90 parcent votes
Kebbi-buhari wins with 80 parcent votes
Jigawa- buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Sokoto- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
NC-
Plateau- Atiku wins with 70 parcent votes
Nassarawa- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
Benue-Atiku wins with 70paecent votes
Kogi -buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Kwara- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
Taraba- Atiku wins with 70parcenr votes
Niger- 50:50 too close to call
FCT-Atiku wins with 70parcent votes
SS
Akwa ibom- Atiku wins with 70parcent votes
Rivers- Atiku wins with 70parcent votes
Cross river- Atiku wins with 70 parcent of the votes
Delta- Atiku wins with 80 parcent votes
Edo- Atiku wins with 60 parcent votes
Bayelsa- Atiku wins with 90 parcent votes
SE
Anambra- Atiku wins with 90parcent votes
Enugu - Atiku wins with 90parcent votes
Ebonyi- Atiku wins with 90parcent votes
Abia- Atiku wins with 90 parcent votes
SW
Lagos- 50:50 too close to call
Ondo- Atiku wins woth 60parcent votes
Ekiti- buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Osun- buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Ogun- 50:50 you close to call
Take this analysis to the bank. Buhari is likely to win because of high voter numbers in the north.
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by Guestlander: 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
"The stultification of Nigeria in the last four years is not as a result of PDP’s prodigality of the previous 16 years, but because of the sluggishness, taciturnity, clannishness, vindictiveness, obstinacy, and crass ignorance of many members of the Buhari cabal and cult."

This is dishonesty at its most bizarre, the stultification of Nigeria certainly did not start four years ago. You accused the APC of rewriting history and yet you are telling us a bold faced lie that the PDP did not mismanage Nigeria for 16 years.
The drop in oil prices started as Buhari was about to be sworn in as president and we all know the resulting effects on all oil producing countries especially countries like Nigeria where oil accounts for most of our foreign earnings.
Advanced economies like Canada felt it, Saudi Arabia and other major oil producers felt it. Less prepared countries like Nigeria went into a tailspin and Venezuela especially was totally crippled economically and now politically.

Anyone who is dumping all the economic downturn on
Buhari is being dishonest. Rather, we should commend him and his economic team for pulling Nigeria through and saving us from the experience of Venezuela.
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by princejenks(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2019
bender79:
NE-
Adamawa- 50:50 too close to call
Bauchi-buhari 70parcent votes
Gombe- buhari 60parcent votes
Borno- buhari 90 parcent votes
Yobe-buhar 90parcent votes
NW-
Kano- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
Kaduna- 50:50 too close to call
Katsina- buhari wins with 90 parcent votes
Kebbi-buhari wins with 80 parcent votes
Jigawa- buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Sokoto- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
NC-
Plateau- Atiku wins with 70 parcent votes
Nassarawa- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
Benue-Atiku wins with 70paecent votes
Kogi -buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Kwara- buhari wins with 60parcent votes
Taraba- Atiku wins with 70parcenr votes
Niger- 50:50 too close to call
FCT-Atiku wins with 70parcent votes
SS
Akwa ibom- Atiku wins with 70parcent votes
Rivers- Atiku wins with 70parcent votes
Cross river- Atiku wins with 70 parcent of the votes
Delta- Atiku wins with 80 parcent votes
Edo- Atiku wins with 60 parcent votes
Bayelsa- Atiku wins with 90 parcent votes
SE
Anambra- Atiku wins with 90parcent votes
Enugu - Atiku wins with 90parcent votes
Ebonyi- Atiku wins with 90parcent votes
Abia- Atiku wins with 90 parcent votes
SW
Lagos- 50:50 too close to call
Ondo- Atiku wins woth 60parcent votes
Ekiti- buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Osun- buhari wins with 60 parcent votes
Ogun- 50:50 you close to call
Take this analysis to the bank. Buhari is likely to win because of high voter numbers in the north.

must commmend the effort,nice try but I can tell you for free that jigawa is out of it, ditto for some other northern states. Your figures for the northern states are by far too optimistic in favour of the incumbent cos even they themselves know it's gonna be war between apc and pdp,the reason they are preparing for contigencies by having their rigging formula and positioning judges that would determine the case in their favour
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by omogidi234(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2019
Esseite:
Dele would be shocked how Atiku would win even the NW and SW.

Atiku/PDP should go ahead and invite all its International friends to his last campaign..USA, UK, ASIA ,SOUTH AMERICA, EU, ECOWAS, Chairman and MD's of industries around the globe etc... since the INEC has given a go ahead.

Lets show Nigerians we have better countries to look up to... not Niger republic.

You are optimistic. Good one. Those guys in the NW hmmm. And this SW people that said their son is the VP. Hmmm again!
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
cheesy
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Since you are 100% sure, What if this doesn't come to past? Can we also call you a Bastard or you will deactivate?

I said "by divine knowledge" (not "intelligent" permutations or projections), so there's no room for doubt. There's no if cheesy cheesy. So, no questions or hypothetical scenarios. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself and your half-baked fellow bmc hate mobs. I'm 100% sure. Again, 100% cool cool. Read my lips.
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by Sirjamo: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2019
A song is ringing in my head right now: Osinachi remix: Humble Smith ft Davido
" Mr Dele na my boy Dele na my boy"
Didn't he sound like a fuulish boy?
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by senatordave1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
deboysben:

Some people are brain dead

A typical Buharimanic
Didnt know brainless boys can type

1 Like

Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by princejenks(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2019
Guestlander:
"The stultification of Nigeria in the last four years is not as a result of PDP’s prodigality of the previous 16 years, but because of the sluggishness, taciturnity, clannishness, vindictiveness, obstinacy, and crass ignorance of many members of the Buhari cabal and cult."

This is dishonesty at its most bizarre, the stultification of Nigeria certainly did not start four years ago. You accused the APC of rewriting history and yet you are telling us a bold faced lie that the PDP did not mismanage Nigeria for 16 years.
The drop in oil prices started as Buhari was about to be sworn in as president and we all know the resulting effects on all oil producing countries especially countries like Nigeria where oil accounts for most of our foreign earnings.
Advanced economies like Canada felt it, Saudi Arabia and other major oil producers felt it. Less prepared countries like Nigeria went into a tailspin and Venezuela especially was totally crippled economically and now politically.

Anyone who is dumping all the economic downturn on
Buhari is being dishonest. Rather, we should commend him and his economic team for pulling Nigeria through and saving us from the experience of Venezuela.
no one is dumping everything at the door step of this administration but it should be reminded that it has played its own part in worsening things. Yes,we may argue pdp did mismanage humongous resources but it won't change the fact that it can boast of some achievements it made in those years no matter how hard this administration tries to vilify the pdp led administration,facts are sacred,can apc pls honestly state their achievements devoid of pdp input?

Obj tried to form a government of national unity by even inviting people from other parties into his government and successive governments after him have tried in their own ways to foster national unity. Yes of a truth ethnic sentiments was used in the previous elections to divide the country but then rather than this current president to try and calm frayed nerves instead by his words and subsequent actions rather escalated things to what it is right now. Call obj anything you like,but he represented a father figure across ethnic lines,can buhari honestly claim to be that by his words and actions so far?

On the downturn in the economy caused by recession,buhari government whether it likes it or not will have to accept its share of the blame no matter how much it wants pdp to take all of the blame cos you can't claim the achievements of previous administrations cos government is a continuum while rejecting the liabilities,no it's not done.

More directly,buhari's government contibuted to the recession by its policies and lack of it. Firstly,it refused to constitute its cabinet on time causing anxiety and confusion among investors who were waiting on the government for its next move. Recall that some portfolio investors had already taken their funds out of the country before the elections,buhari's lack of clear direction by way of policies worsened the situation. Even when he finally did constitute his cabinet,he didn't pick very qualified persons to handle the economy but rather left it to rookies like the former finance minister,the vice president and the other lawyer that heads budget,such that when international agencies were telling us long before we entered recession,kemi adeosun quickly denied,said recession was only a word then later said it was technical. When we came to the reality of us being in a recession,we had a series of conflicting policies from cbn and finance ministry which worsened the situation. Though with benefit of hindsight,the cbn tried to do the right thing given the circumstances we found ourselves at the time,dwindling foreign reserves which couldn't be used to defend the naira,but lack of synchronization between cbn and the finance ministry deepened the problem at implementation seeing naira rise to over 500 naira to a dollar till emefiele was given the go ahead to carry out his plan without undue interference. In summary,what am saying is buhari government wasted too much time and lacked quality personnel to handle the situation better,rather they were busy learning on the job
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by livelymatilda22: 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2019
WritePal:

I said "by divine knowledge" (not "intelligent" permutations or projections), so there's no room for doubt. There's no if cheesy cheesy. So, no questions or hypothetical scenarios. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself and your half-baked fellow bmc hate mobs. I'm 100% sure. Again, 100% cool cool. Read my lips.
Then you are a bastard and a swine if it doesn't come to past.... God won't be mocked
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by Guestlander: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
princejenks:
no one is dumping everything at the door step of this administration but it should be reminded that it has played its own part in worsening things. Yes,we may argue pdp did mismanage humongous resources but it won't change the fact that it can boast of some achievements it made in those years no matter how hard this administration tries to vilify the pdp led administration,facts are sacred,can apc pls honestly state their achievements devoid of pdp input? Obj tried to form a government of national unity by even inviting people from other parties into gis government and successive governments after him have tried in their own way to foster national unity. Yes of a truth ethnic sentiments was used in the previous elections to divide the country but then rather than this current president to try and calm frayed nerves but instead his words and subsequent actions rather escalated things to what it is right now. Call obj anything you like,but he represented a father figure across ethnic lines,can buhari honestly claim to be that by his words and actions so far?
On the downturn in the economy caused by recession,buhari government whether it likes it or not will have to accept its share of the blame no matter how much it wants pdp to take the blame cos you can't claim the achievement of previous administrations claiming government is a continuum while rejecting the liabilities,no it's not done. More directly,buhari's government contibuted to the recession by its policies and lack of it. Firstly,it refused to constitute its cabinet causing anxiety and confusion among investors who were waiting on the government for its next move. Recall that some portfolio investors had already taken their funds out of the country before the elections,buhari's lack of clear direction by way of policies worsened the situation. Even when he finally did constitute his cabinet,he didn't pick very qualified persons to handle the economy but rather left it to rookies like the former finance minister,the vice president and the other lawyer that heads budget,such that when international agencies were telling long before we entered recession,we quickly denied then later said it was technical. When we came to the reality of us being in a recession,we had a series of conflicting policies from cbn and finance ministry which worsened the situation. Though with benefit of hindsight,the cbn tried to do the right thing given the circumstances we found ourselves at the time,dwindling foreign reserves which couldn't be used to defend the naira,but lack of synchronization between cbn and the finance ministry deepened the problem at implementation seeing naira rise to over 500 naira to a dollar till emefiele was given the go ahead to carry out his plan without undue interference. In summary,what am saying is buhari government wasted too much time and lacked quality personnel to handle the situation better,rather they were busy learning on the job

Nigeria and oil production business did not start yesterday. The first oil boom was in the early 70s, it went on for some time and then bust. It was then we realized we should have developed our industries.
The military capitalized on the bad economy and one by one they kicked each other out like penalty kick.
This went on for decades until Obasanjo came in the second time and luckily the oil prices were up once again.
To his credit, Obasanjo paid off our debts and the economy got a little reprieve.
End of story, from Jonathan to the beginning of Buhari's government it was back to the era of wastefulness and monumental corruption, mismanagement and lack of direction.
These are the facts, if you disagree with me perhaps you can tell us the policies put in place by the PDP government to mitigate against the fluctuations in the oil prices as it affects the Nigerian economy.
If you cannot do this in 16 years, how in the name of God you expect someone, given the above circumstances to do it in three a half years!
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Then you are a bastard and a swine if it doesn't come to past.... God won't be mocked

Hahahahaha. You gat nothing on me jawe grin grin. Let me refer you again to the opening op-ed piece by Momodu to remind you that the comments/mentions of your bmc ilks here are predictable. You are all half-baked. All of you, no exception. cheesy cheesy. See below for a refresh:

datopaper:
https://thebossnewspapers.com/2019/02/02/pendulum-between-buhari-and-atiku-my-candid-forecast/

There is nothing APC has not done to rewrite history. Their present supporters are the rudest humans I have ever encountered. They are incapable of any logical or superior argument. They are rigidly programmed to see anyone not in their camp as a thief and looter, as if that is all there is to governance. ...The tragedy of Buhari’s entrenched position is that he and his disciples are not business-like. Everything must be fought as a jihad when some of the problems require tact and common sense.

Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by princejenks(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
Guestlander:

Nigeria and oil production business did not start yesterday. The first oil boom was in the early 70s, it went on for some time and then bust. It was then we realized we should have developed our industries.
The military capitalized on the bad economy and one by one they kicked each other out like penalty kick.
This went on for decades until Obasanjo came in the second time and luckily the oil prices were up once again.
To his credit, Obasanjo paid off our debts and the economy got a little reprieve.
End of story, from Jonathan to the beginning of Buhari's government it was back to the era wastefulness and monumental corruption, mismanagement and lack of direction.
These are the facts, if you disagree with me perhaps you can tell us the policies put in place by the PDP government to mitigate against the fluctuations in the oil prices as it affects the Nigerian economy.
If you cannot do this in 16 years, how in the name of God you expect someone, given the above circumstances to do it in three a half years!
like I mentioned previously,I'll not come here and defend pdp that it didn't waste humongous resources that could've have transformed Nigeria,especially in the area of power and other infrastructure.

Since my secondary school days,i've been taught how Nigeria needs to diversify and move away from a monolithic economy dependent on oil. Successive governments have tried to put policies in place to achieve this but interruptions from the military curtailed this as you rightly observed. We had to practically start all over again in this pursuit for diversification in 1999,while I agree we've been high on policy formulation than on policy implementation but some progress is being made,however little.Evidence of this was when we rescaled our economy,we discovered other non oil sources made very significant contribution to our Gdp.

A lot of policies were developed in the obj years but by the time he got down to implementation,he ran out of time,then came yaradua and goodluck. The former cancelled some agreements already reached on privatisation slowing down progress while the latter may have been considered wasteful but the fruits of that massive spending by that administration is what apc is leveraging on today as achievements.

When the recession set in,I seriously hoped this administration will take diversification more seriously than ever before but what has happened since we overcame the scary period,all that noise about diversification suddenly went down. All we hear is about how they've revolutionized agriculture yet we still import what we eat,they say they are spending more than any government on infrastructure yet we haven't seen that much improvement in power,even the rail they like to claim as achievement was a carry over of extensive design and procurement by previous administration which they only expanded upon by adding new lines.See,this government has been high on making promises than on actual planning cos they got into power without extensive plans on how they'd achieve the promises,before they realized their mistake,it was already late in the day. They now realized the only way to appear to be doing something is completing abadoned or uncompleted projects of previous administration while they now forged their own document on the way forward after gleaning from other documents they met on ground. I wouldn't want to dwell much on how much the last administration left by way of savings but we are all aware of the excess crude account and sovereign wealth fund and how much was left,even as this administration is quick to claim it met empty treasury but like I mentioned previously,the policies of this administration rather than help encourage business moreless choked businesses and led to massive job losses. A Well thought policy would've found a way to help businesses survive recession not stifle existing ones. The key to diversifying our economy is to encourage business and enterprise but this government is doing very little in that area rather coming up with policies like tradermoni that can't lift anyone out of poverty.
Re: Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast by KunleyY19(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2019
I was following until he said SW votes will be divided because of TITI...
A woman that is not even the main chick of Atiku...
gringringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING! IPOB Dismisses Nnamdi KANU, accuse him of embezzlement. / I’m Ready To Take A New Wife – Ibrahim Babangida Announces / 2023 : Igbo Presidency Rotimi Amaechi ,dave Umahi ,tony Elumelu,ifeanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.