Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists (16392 Views)

Spiritual Authority And Power God Gave You / Without The Omniscient,Science Would Be Silent: Science Is Proof That God Exists / Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Heterodox(m): 10:49am On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:
Death is moving from one state to another just like when ice acquires enough heat it changes state to water and when water acquires enough heat it changes to gas.

The body is the dress that we wear when we incarnate on this plane.

When we are ready to go we discard it.
It's that simple boss. I myself have taken a thought about death. Why do we need to exit the world when there is much we can do to heal it and make it better. Then I realize that if God is what we take it to be, the source of energy and love, purposing good and good only, it can then means that death is a good thing. Perhaps, death comes when we are done doing all the good we are meant to do here on earth, or when we have failed in the mission. I think those of us who are able to fulfil the mission ascend to the fifth dimension becoming one with God, absorbed into the essence of the immaterial existence of oneness to guide others as well. And those of us who fail in it, simply reincarnate to this world to try again until we get things right. Death in my view is the liberating of the soul to to a higher dimension and calling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2019
JujuSugar:

Death only proves life. Nothing else.
DAMN!!! why you knockout that man like that?

3 Likes

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by kullozone(m): 10:52am On Feb 17, 2019
It's just so hard for me to comprehend these kind of reasoning. What nonsense!
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Wizaugpet(m): 10:57am On Feb 17, 2019
After wasting time to read a whole of this piece,, I have found out how Illogical and contradictory someone without the study of philosophy could be.. undecided

What on earth do you think you're insinuating

Death proves the existence of God, that's your conclusion. Then your premises were so incoherent and couldn't convince it reader in the slightest way...

I would like us to go into some scholarly argument concerning this topic..

I'll show you there's nothing on earth to be used in proving the existence of God..

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by GreatResearcher: 10:59am On Feb 17, 2019
theoriginalgood:
Why is it that all humans die someday? Even the Christians say “Jesus” died, but not: “God” died. In the Bible, Mark 10:18 says only God is truly good. I can believe this because all humans die and God does not. Humans are beings. God is a being. One dies, the other doesn’t. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know you’re not really a good being. Otherwise, you’ll never die. It’s undeniable. Then it should be no surprise to know that humanity is on the verge of extinction; there’s a war between Good and evil behind the scenes. Goodness should have just deleted evil at the beginning, but strangely, evil has enough power to prevent its immediate death. This is why humanity STILL exists today. But by definition, good is stronger than evil; Goodness will win the war and finally vanquish humanity after striking ENOUGH killer blows to evil.

Now, how come humans don’t exist in a perfect abode like what you could call Heaven? A place where there is only peace, one is always strong and healthy, no hatred, no dishonesty, no filth etc.

You are what you create! God is only good and thus cannot create anything that isn’t good. It is known that existence is full of many infirmities and rubbish. Who created those? Definitely not God! This therefore means that humans are actually all the sin, evil, bad, wrong, flaws etc in existence. Yes, there is a human out there who embodies bad breath, initials: BB = Barry Borden, who embodies body odor, initials: BO = Benjamin Oliver, who embodies weakness, initials: WN = Winifred Newton etc.

Good is stronger than evil, therefore God cannot be limited and is already omnipotent and omniscient. He can do absolutely anything good, but there is no such thing as purifying humanity. Making a change to a being means changing identity. Purging humanity would mean deleting the old identity of sin, and somehow creating a new one of purity. That deletion means death. They call it sinner, but that sinner is actually a sin itself!

The fact that humans die means humanity is not good. Accept it. Therefore there’s a higher power ensuring that existence will one day be purified. Too bad no one here will be there!
so ur goddamn creator uses death to prove that he exists.. The devil must be better than him then..

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Wizaugpet(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2019
kullozone:
It's just so hard for me to comprehend these kind of reasoning.
What nonsense!

smiley
I swear,, it's so illogical and lacks coherency..!!!
cheesy cheesy
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2019
There are so many inconsistencies on the God concept. But I'll like to say that giving proofs for God's existence doesn't mean he exists or not. Logic is malleable and often inconsistent. You can give a logical proof for a statement and still give a logical proof for its negation. Immanuel kant showed this. In abstracts concepts like God, nothing, good etc, logical reasoning is bound to fail.

There are thousands of ontological proofs for God's existence, still we still express doubt. Nothings changed.

Personally, I believe God exists from my life experience. I don't bother about people's stance on the existence of God. Whether they believe or not, it's a personal decision.

Also, I also believe the Bible. That atheists are fools for relying on logic to prove something that is assumed to be beyond their reasoning. Using their limited knowledge to make conclusions on a concept assumed to possess infinite knowledge. There will be no greater foolishness than this.

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 17, 2019
dingbang:
Following the advise of Ecclesiastes, please let us enjoy life.. Thank you.
Exactly.

In a nutshell, give thanks to God and remember that life will pass.
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by babadee1(m): 11:07am On Feb 17, 2019
theoriginalgood:
Why is it that all humans die someday? Even the Christians say “Jesus” died, but not: “God” died. In the Bible, Mark 10:18 says only God is truly good. I can believe this because all humans die and God does not. Humans are beings. God is a being. One dies, the other doesn’t. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know you’re not really a good being. Otherwise, you’ll never die. It’s undeniable. Then it should be no surprise to know that humanity is on the verge of extinction; there’s a war between Good and evil behind the scenes. Goodness should have just deleted evil at the beginning, but strangely, evil has enough power to prevent its immediate death. This is why humanity STILL exists today. But by definition, good is stronger than evil; Goodness will win the war and finally vanquish humanity after striking ENOUGH killer blows to evil.

Now, how come humans don’t exist in a perfect abode like what you could call Heaven? A place where there is only peace, one is always strong and healthy, no hatred, no dishonesty, no filth etc.

You are what you create! God is only good and thus cannot create anything that isn’t good. It is known that existence is full of many infirmities and rubbish. Who created those? Definitely not God! This therefore means that humans are actually all the sin, evil, bad, wrong, flaws etc in existence. Yes, there is a human out there who embodies bad breath, initials: BB = Barry Borden, who embodies body odor, initials: BO = Benjamin Oliver, who embodies weakness, initials: WN = Winifred Newton etc.

Good is stronger than evil, therefore God cannot be limited and is already omnipotent and omniscient. He can do absolutely anything good, but there is no such thing as purifying humanity. Making a change to a being means changing identity. Purging humanity would mean deleting the old identity of sin, and somehow creating a new one of purity. That deletion means death. They call it sinner, but that sinner is actually a sin itself!

The fact that humans die means humanity is not good. Accept it. Therefore there’s a higher power ensuring that existence will one day be purified. Too bad no one here will be there!

I'm a Christian but I have to tell you, this is a dumb argument for the existence of God. In fact, it is not even an argument at all. There is no real premise to debate. You're just stating your own position on death that you are already convinced of. You are not trying to convince anybody else but yourself.
Personally, I believe that at the point of death, the soul is separated from the body. However, my belief of that is not proof that the soul exists at all.
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 17, 2019
fucc12:

I definitely second this, Morality is what defines good or bad, we do not need a higher being to tell us what is good or bad
There is no absolute God or bad. Morality, like knowledge is relative and is dependent on the society.

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by press005: 11:23am On Feb 17, 2019
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahsa. See how you are emphasizing 'No body knows'. That you don't doesn't mean no body knows.

Doesn't Jesus Know?

May be you shd go to YouTube and type N.D.E' (Near Dead Experience) and watch.

And download 'The AfterLife' by Emmanuel Swedenborg and read.

I can tell you abt my own little Experience when i went for surgery.

Pls stop insisting on what you don't know know. There's Life after dead.

Bro pls narrate @ the bolded
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Annihilator7: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2019
It's either gods or aliens. I'm pretty sure we were created by existing powerful being(s). I be live in life after death. I believe life is a test. We are to be filtered by our deeds and only the ones that pass this test called life would not be discarded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Jaemes(m): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2019
Well as an individual i believe there's God but I always say this thing that "LIFE is a MYSTERY" we only know wat God wants us to know, nobody can ever tell , even we Christians believe by faith not because we experienced wat happened but we jus decided to believe. Inherently, man cannot believe wat he does not see or experience. We can never understand life, no matter how we try, lets all face reality like the Philosophers of old eg Socrates, Plato, Aristotle.
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by mcyemite(m): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2019
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahsa. See how you are emphasizing 'No body knows'. That you don't doesn't mean no body knows.

Doesn't Jesus Know?

what you experienced is a common phenomenon ,it's proves nothing,it's a normal function of the subconscious mind.

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by tintingz(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2019
Anas09:

Doesn't Jesus Know?

When they experience near death did they see Jesus or Krishna or Buddha or Muhammad or Moses or Obatala?

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by oliverano: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
Rossikki:

Dude, EVERYBODY survives what we call 'death'.

Put aside your bible for a second. Your traditional religions KNOW that death is merely a transition to a higher form of existence, and that the soul is immortal. All the ancient religions KNEW it, from the ancient Egyptians to the Nubians, to the Aztecs, the Buddhists, the Hindus, and the Greeks.

Even today, Near Death Experiencers have confirmed that when the body dies, the awareness/soul/consciousness, continues to exist.

The bible contains the lie that you can experience this NATURAL TRANSITION only if you ''believe in Jesus''.

This lie was a political ploy by the Council of Nicaea in ancient Rome, to gather as many converts as possible. This council, created by Roman emperor, Constantine, was instrumental in altering much of those texts, and including falsehoods therein, as well as selecting which texts were included in the 'bible' and which texts weren't. So you really should take the stuff you read in the bible with a large pinch of salt.

Alright. I have read about Constantine, Council of Nicaea, etc. But the reality is that you are not going to find the truth anywhere except in the HOLY BIBLE. Books like gods from the stars, the lost symbol, da Vinci code etc are all there to take you away from the true God. God is great, and the Bible is the only source of truth. You may not agree and you don't have to anyways. Elohim(God) is true, He's great!!!

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by j1mmy: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
YOURS BASELESS BELIEF IS PROOF THAT STUPIDITY EXISTS!

3 Likes

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Mc1807(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=Rossikki post=75551857]

Dude, EVERYBODY survives what we call 'death'.

Put aside your bible for a second. Your traditional religions KNOW that death is merely a transition to a higher form of existence, and that the soul is immortal. All the ancient religions KNEW it, from the ancient Egyptians to the Nubians, to the Aztecs, the Buddhists, the Hindus, and the Greeks.

Even today, Near Death Experiencers have confirmed that when the body dies, the awareness/soul/consciousness, continues to exist.

The bible contains the lie that you can experience this NATURAL TRANSITION only if you ''believe in Jesus''.

This lie was a political ploy by the Council of Nicaea in ancient Rome, to gather as many converts as possible. This council, created by Roman emperor, Constantine, was instrumental in altering much of those texts, and including falsehoods therein, as well as selecting which texts were included in the 'bible' and which texts weren't. So you really should take the stuff you read in the bible with a large pinch of salt.
You are really a conscious man...
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Tejiriseth(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
Near death experience... Huh.?
Thats all the evidence you need.?
After Surgery... God waited till when you were bodily weak, mentally unstable to speak to you.?
Why.?
Now what is the possibility that someone who has no knowledge of God at all both conciously or unconciously now have a NDE and have a detailed revelation.?
Anas09:

Doesn't Jesus Know?

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Keegan: 12:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
vickey4sure:
Its fine if you believe somehow you will exist without a functioning brain when you die. What irritates me about some Christians is the way they try to force others to believe their ideology. How does it affect your life and your existence if i dont want to believe. Do you put food on my table?? By the way im not an atheist or a theist. I simply don’t know if there is a God or not. Im okay with my life like that rather than give room for hallucinations. Doesn’t stop me from being good to other human beings. I dont need the fear of hell to love my fellow human. There’s a sense of guilt in every human to identify right and wrong.

You are an agnostic, many of us are too.
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by IYANGBALI: 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:
A mod is out here digging up old threads.
just because nairaland is going down
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by meobizy(f): 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
Death is proof that things expire.
Science is right, there is nothing on the other side.
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by karlboss: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
walegees:
As long as you stick to the idea of a god somewhere,
As long as you are comfortable with inherited myths and mythologies,
As long as you depends on men and books for truths and meaning of life,
As long as you remain in the deception that one religion or the other is the way,
As long as you chose to defend ideas and myths fired into your innocent consciousness,
As long as you remain a believer and a follower;....

You will never be free,
You will never know,
No wonder, christian's Jesus said;"Ye shall know the TRUTH and it shall set you FREE"
Don't be surprised, that DEATH is by far more beautiful than this illusion you're so much attached to.
Unfortunately, virtually everyone knows something about death, but very few dare exploring it
You are a pure consciousness, not bag of flesh you're dragging around

If you can give up your identity,
if you can let go your knowledge,
if you can completely drop your ego,
if you will drop attachments for everything, just like Jesus you "misunderstood"
One day, you will be able to say " I and father are ONE" or "I and mother are ONE" or whatever figure your mind presents

Find your own TRUTH
Tooooo much lies flying around
I believe NOTHING, in case you are tempted to ask.

Death is the best invention of life. It clears the old for the new. Steve Jobs

I think the op and other Christians and Muslims always mix up life after death with heaven and hell. They have this very crazy belief that once there is life after death there must be heaven and hell. I don't think that anyone would argue about life after death but the argument is always heaven and hell.

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by sexygullet(f): 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
There are no saints dear not even u as well.
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Toseenlove: 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Y'all should take the "Alien Franchise" as a case study. The Universes are extremely deep. There will always be MORE....
Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by djon78(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
First of all it is a fallen world that we live in.

This world is already passing away

It is decaying, waxing old like a garment

There will be a new heaven and a new earth

We are mere humans

With flesh and blood

Spirit and soul

As we are in a fallen world

The other side is million times better than this fallen world

Death is separation of the spirit and soul from the body

God is spirit as Christ told us

Man has a spirit also

You cannot contact God with your fallen part

You contact God with your spirit

When a man is spiritually dead

He is disconnected from God

And if peradventure he dies in that state of spiritual death

He is eternally separated from God

This is hell, eternal separation from God.

You become spiritually alive or the term called being born again by receiving Jesus as your personal Lord and saviour.

In conclusion you may insult this post let me ask you? Have you been to a porters house, manufacturing plant etc, can a clay question the porter or a car question its producer/fabricator?

Likewise mortal man cannot question God

Because man is nothing but a breath in his nostrils

Man is absolute fickle

Life of man is just vapour

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Dollabiz: 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
God.is.real. he took away our sins.he provide for our needs

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Hermes019: 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
highcollide:
There are so many inconsistencies on the God concept. But I'll like to say that giving proofs for God's existence doesn't mean he exists or not. Logic is malleable and often inconsistent. You can give a logical proof for a statement and still give a logical proof for its negation. Immanuel kant showed this. In abstracts concepts like God, nothing, good etc, logical reasoning is bound to fail.

There are thousands of ontological proofs for God's existence, still we still express doubt. Nothings changed.

Personally, I believe God exists from my life experience. I don't bother about people's stance on the existence of God. Whether they believe or not, it's a personal decision.

Also, I also believe the Bible. That atheists are fools for relying on logic to prove something that is assumed to be beyond their reasoning. Using their limited knowledge to make conclusions on a concept assumed to possess infinite knowledge. There will be no greater foolishness than this.
Define God
Describe his features
Tell me how u discovered them

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by Hermes019: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
karlboss:

Death is the best invention of life. It clears the old for the new. Steve Jobs

I think the op and other Christians and Muslims always mix up life after death with heaven and hell. They have this very crazy belief that once there is life after death there must be heaven and hell. I don't think that anyone would argue about life after death but the argument is always heaven and hell.
You can choose what you want to believe but that doesn't change anything,it is better to be humble,learn and accept the universe the way it is,if you know how vast the universe is then u would understand that the human race is sub microscopic, when a human being dies it decays,that is the end

1 Like

Re: Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists by sonmvayina(m): 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:
Death is moving from one state to another just like when ice acquires enough heat it changes state to water and when water acquires enough heat it changes to gas.

The body is the dress that we wear when we incarnate on this plane.

When we are ready to go we discard it.

You are a genius..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Reveals Nigeria's Crisis Will End Soon / Muslims Curse Jews And Christians 17 Times Each Day As Part Of The Salat / Why Christianity Is Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.