Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) (18023 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles / Pros And Cons Of Car Tints / Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by khallebb(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2019
bettercreature:
Its everywhere even in United State grin
Is that where you are? or you're speaking on behalf of somebody. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by Olumyyde(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Nice read @Op. I made sure I went for a car that I understand well n easy to maintain. Parts are cheap n everywhere. Fuel consumption is reasonable. I don't care if it's not a modern car, but I'm cool with my ride as I pay apt attention to its maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2019
dancok:
Just get the one with cheap maintenance, like my Golf 4.

Hi! Exactly how cheap and easy is it to maintain a Golf 4? How does it compare to a Honda Accord, say the 2008 model?
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by blessedqueen(f): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
khallebb:
In my state even if you drive metal scrap, as long as it can move from one place to another, Omo you're a big boy o....girls go rush you like mad, then you fit use that opportunity scatter person pikin kitten. grin

Which kain state be dat mbok?
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by okwabayi(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2019
If you want to buy a car please ensure it is brand new.
With a brand new car one doesn’t need maintenance of any sort for five full years.
I will rather buy a brand new Kia Picanto over a second hand Pajero Jeep any day.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by HubPub: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
For me, buying a car has always been stressful. When I bought the last car with my wife, I went to the salon with heart pills and a https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cbd/cbdpure-cbd-oil-review. First of all, this is a very big money for me, but now there is no getting away without a car. Secondly, this is a big risk, since you do not know whether you will buy a good car or not.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by cucumbar: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
OfficialSam:

Forget long talk. Corolla is the way to go. The most reliable and durable ones are 2003 to 2007 models. You can go within one year without a brake pad replacement. Just fuel and services. I laugh at some folks who just want to own Honda as first ride. Na hypertension go just be your potion. When the joint pull for 2 times for one month, body go tell you. grin
I don’t know where you guys get this misconception from. I have a Honda Accord that will be 7years in December, and it has been a wonderful experience so far. It was my first car too. I find it difficult letting go off it. Everything boils down to your maintenance culture.

1 Like

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by Dearlord(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
Can you all hollon hollon & hold on.

The best good you can do to yourself if you wanna have a long lasting ride, then you get 2003 RAV4 for solid body & plant in a 3S-Z Engine which incline to all viscosity of oil
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by dramaine(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
godwinstringed1:

You're welcome! Do you also have a car? Or planning to get one?

What brand is your favorite?

Hoping to get one soon.

Mecredes Benz grin is forever my favourite

1 Like

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by weyreypey: 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
OfficialSam:

Forget long talk. Corolla is the way to go. The most reliable and durable ones are 2003 to 2007 models. You can go within one year without a brake pad replacement. Just fuel and services. I laugh at some folks who just want to own Honda as first ride. Na hypertension go just be your potion. When the joint pull for 2 times for one month, body go tell you. grin
Hypertension talk? From a corolla owner? Wonders will never end. Na corolla owners get the hypertension issues fa. Go to bar for drinks you must monitor, house you must monitor, Oga swerve one side. Try a clean Mercedes Benz for 5 years you won't see the mechanic.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by weyreypey: 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
dramaine:

Hoping to get one soon.

Mecredes Benz grin is forever my favourite
Oga God will provide... Mercedes Benz is the way to go!
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by weyreypey: 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
cucumbar:
I don’t know where you guys get this misconception from. I have a Honda Accord that will be 7years in December, and it has been a wonderful experience so far. It was my first car too. I find it difficult letting go off it. Everything boils down to your maintenance culture.
Are you minding the corolla zombies.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by snowblaq(f): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please who has an idea or info about Toyota Matrix?. ..is it a good car?
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by pomide(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
People forget to comprehensively insure their car in Nigeria... I don't know why lol
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by olaife80: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
cucumbar:

I am also thinking of getting one soon, EOD/DC precisely but the view of my colleagues is hell bent and discouraging and I like this car die.. But the astonished part is I have a senior colleagues using it and enjoying the ride but regular servicing @ 2000miles which he's still enjoying.. I am cut in between it and corolla.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by OfficialSam(m): 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
weyreypey:

Hypertension talk? From a corolla owner? Wonders will never end. Na corolla owners get the hypertension issues fa. Go to bar for drinks you must monitor, house you must monitor, Oga swerve one side. Try a clean Mercedes Benz for 5 years you won't see the mechanic.

Oboi you can lie o grin
5 years without seeing a mechanic. That's a fallacy or hyperbole, if you ask me. For someone who's just owning a car for the first time in this part of the world. I mean in Nigeria, simple engineering vehicles like Corolla and Camry are the best. Fuel efficient and availability of expertise and spare parts. They are easy on your pockets. Resale value is high too, at least more than any other brand.

As for car theft. It's easy to guide against that. Get a steering lock and a tracking device, PERIOD.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by Tuprelo: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
COD . Deliver at Ughelli , Delta State . DM me @ 08070991016 Deal.
Holyson213:
I got a pencil Camry for sale in Ibadan, Ac chilling, alloy rims, central lock, good engine sound gear... 550k

Check my profile
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by OfficialSam(m): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
olaife80:

I am also thinking of getting one soon, EOD/DC precisely but the view of my colleagues is hell bent and discouraging and I like this car die.. But the astonished part is I have a senior colleagues using it and enjoying the ride but regular servicing @ 2000miles which he's still enjoying.. I am cut in between it and corolla.

Don't mind the guy. Get a Corolla and drive on any road or anywhere in the world without minding the ball joints.
It's more pricey than EOD but holds its resale value. The only aspect an EOD is better than a Corolla is acceleration. Don't get that scrap, i have seen friends who are in bankruptcy because of that poo.

2003-2004 EOD goes for 600-800 for naija used or even less depending on its condition. But you can never get a durable Corolla of these years for less than a million naira.
Some folks will tell you it's prone to theft. Then get a steering lock and a tracker. And don't park it in isolated places to avoid vandalism.

1 Like

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by TheodoreSalt(m): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
how much does a 2012 toyota rav4 cost, hope its fuel efficient like corolla
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by OfficialSam(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2019
TheodoreSalt:
how much does a 2012 toyota rav4 cost, hope its fuel efficient like corolla

Yes, it is fuel efficient but not like Corolla. It comes with 2.4 litre engine or V6 of 3.0 litre. But Corollas are 1.6L or 1.8L, except from 2009 sport edition which comes with 2.4L engine.

2012 Rav 4 is quite pricey; 4.5million to 5million depending on the trim and neatness.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by 3kay945(m): 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
pomide:
People forget to comprehensively insure their car in Nigeria... I don't know why lol

Broz, the thing cost small o shocked

I just dey ignore am.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by TheodoreSalt(m): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
OfficialSam:

Yes, it is fuel efficient but not like Corolla. It comes with 2.4 litre engine or V6 of 3.0 litre. But Corollas are 1.6L or 1.8L, except from 2009 sport edition which comes with 2.4L engine.

2012 Rav 4 is quite pricey; 4.5million to 5million depending on the trim and neatness.
i want to believe that is the price of a brand new one, a neat tokunbo price is what i wanna know,, thanks for the info tho
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by khallebb(m): 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
blessedqueen:

Which kain state be dat mbok?
It is the only state that does not have sympathy for dogs....if you know, you know
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by weyreypey: 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
OfficialSam:

Oboi you can lie o grin
5 years without seeing a mechanic. That's a fallacy or hyperbole, if you ask me. For someone who's just owning a car for the first time in this part of the world. I mean in Nigeria, simple engineering vehicles like Corolla and Camry are the best. Fuel efficient and availability of expertise and spare parts. They are easy on your pockets. Resale value is high too, at least more than any other brand.

As for car theft. It's easy to guide against that. Get a steering lock and a tracking device, PERIOD.
Hehehe fuel efficiency? Have you tried the Mercedes Benz A Klasse? Availability of fake parts you mean? The costs of Mercedes Benz genuine parts and Toyota genuine parts are same! Corolla theft and steering lock or tracking device hahaha you make me laff ... So when your Corolla is cannibalised you'll be tracking its ECU and other parts in the market? Oga why not take a career in comedy?

1 Like

Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Hi! Exactly how cheap and easy is it to maintain a Golf 4? How does it compare to a Honda Accord, say the 2008 model?
have never use Honda, but Golf parts are cheap and for the oil, they use common 20-50 which is not pricey. My report, take it or leave it.
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
dancok:
have never use Honda, but Golf parts are cheap and for the oil, they use common 20-50 which is not pricey. My report, take it or leave it.

Ok. Understood. Any issues with Golf 4 a potential buyer like me should know of?
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by weyreypey: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Ok. Understood. Any issues with Golf 4 a potential buyer like me should know of?

PLEASE DON'T MIND THAT GUY, GOLF4 DOES NOT USE 20-50 OIL, THAT IS COMPLETE RECKLESSNESS
Re: 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

minor electrical problem, which a good rewire will take care of, overall get a good mechanic and rewire.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Cotonuo Cars Very Cheap? / Gazzuzz: How To Drive Your Car In Nigeria Without Using Petrol (Video) / How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.