Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb (1720 Views)

Stop Destroying PDP, Declare For APC Now, Afenifere Tells Obasanjo / Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP / CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by AloyEmeka5: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
Produce Abiola if you want our votes, Afenifere tells IBB
By Chinwendu Nnadozie, (Minna) and Grace Omoshaba (Lagos)

Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG) has told former military President, Ibrahim Babangida, to produce Moshood Abiola alive if he wants to win votes in the South West in his run for Aso Rock.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/18/400.html

Abiola won the Presidential election on June 12, 1993, which Babangida cancelled, even though the vote was acclaimed the freest in Nigeria’s history.

He died in detention on July 7, 1998, four years after he was incarcerated by Babangida’s successor, Sani Abacha.

ARG National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, said in a statement in Lagos on Tuesday that the South West will be Babangida’s waterloo next year.

Odumakin warned that the Yoruba will set all the alleged sins of Babangida before him and ask him why on earth they will swing their votes to his side.

He added: “Babangida would be asked to produce MKO alive before he can ask for votes in the South West.

“(ARG) is using the occasion of the birthday of (Babangida) to sound it clear to him that contrary to the false impression the political renegades of Yorubaland are giving him, the South West geo-political zone is going to be his political waterloo in 2011 as against the swing zone he is claiming.”

According to Odumakin, the iniquities of Babangida have been well preserved and he must remember that the memory of South Westerners is not as short as he thinks.

“The number one issue that would be taken up with him is the annulment of June12 election won by (Abiola) and the attendant crises which consumed the lives of Abiola and his wife Kudirat, Alfred Rewane, Suliat Adedeji, and hundreds of protesters mowed down on July 7, 1993 on the streets of Lagos and other cities.

“The insults Babangida heaped on the Yoruba nation (by claiming) that he tried to ‘assuage the feelings of the aggrieved people by supporting the candidacy of (Olusegun Obasanjo), who in (his) estimation has an unshakeable faith in the unity of our country and who hails from the same state with Abiola,’ has only complicated his case.

“Foisting Obasanjo on Nigeria as someone occupying the slot of the Yoruba nation is really another offence he will have to answer for”.

Odumakin said the Yoruba will also join other zones to ask Babangida:

• What happened to the $12.4 billion windfall well documented by the Okigbo Panel Report? and

• Who killed Dele Giwa? about which the Oputa Panel’s recommendations were not released by Babangida’s surrogate, Obasanjo; among many other questions hanging on his neck.

“We would have said happy birthday to the self-styled Evil Genius were MKO Abiola, Kudirat Abiola, Dele Giwa, et cetera around to also look forward to their own birthdays!”

Up North, efforts by people of like minds and friends of Babangida to celebrate his 69th birthday in Minna recorded a low turn out.

The maiden Annual Conference of IBB Vision 2011 with the theme, “IBB and his Leadership Qualities, A Leader Above Leaders,” scheduled for 9 a.m. at the IBB Centre, could not start until about 11.30 a.m. due to the near absence of dignitaries.

Touts suspected to be of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) out-numbered invited guests.

Apart from Senator Dahiru Kuta (the special guest who sneaked out through the back door midway into the event), and former Benue State Military Administrator, Aminu Kontagora (the Chairman at the occasion), other dignitaries stayed away.

But the Niger State Government was represented by Umaru Ragada.

Babangida used the occasion to commend the qualities and leadership style of Governor Mu’azu Aliyu, saying despite the burden of his office, he has done excellently in delivering on his promises to Nigerlites and, by extension, to the entire North.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by seanet02: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
NOT LIKE IGBO LEADERS WHO RECOGNIZE NOTHING EXCEPT moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by seanet02: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
ibb alias failure
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by chyz(m): 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
seanet02:

NOT LIKE IGBO LEADERS WHO RECOGNIZE NOTHING EXCEPT moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I guess your comment has come to bite u in the azz grin. Perfect! Your socia-cultural yoruba group, afinifere, that u claimed are not dumb enough to choose sides at this put did lol, Yall better hope and pray IBB doesnt win lol. On the other hand, My igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze, has not chosen sides yet.We like to think before we speak. Next time stop running your mouth because now u just look dumb along with your people. grin tongue cool
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by AloyEmeka5: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
chyz:

I guess your comment has come to bite u in the azz grin. Perfect! Your socia-cultural yoruba group, afinifere, that u claimed are not dumb enough to choose sides at this put did lol, Yall better hope and pray IBB doesnt win lol. On the other hand, My igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze, has not chosen sides yet.We like to think before we speak. Next time stop running your mouth because now u just look dumb along with your people. grin tongue cool

So you must return tribal fire for fire?
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by chyz(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So you must return tribal fire for fire?

Nope. Just a lesson for him to hold his tongue and not speak so soon. grin wink
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by idupaul: 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2010
Chei Yorubu are very wicked . Where will the general get a dead millionaire from . Abeg ibb go to the east where they will ask u to produce money instead . Yoruba wikid oo .
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2010
idupaul:

Chei Yorubu are very wicked . Where will the general get a dead millionaire from . Abeg ibb go to the east where they will ask u to produce money instead . Yoruba wikid oo .
grin grin grin
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
LIke Abiola would have offered us anything really different. Abegi!!!
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by chyz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Exactly!
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

you may not like Abiola but he would have perform better than obj
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by chyz(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Oh i doubt that completely!
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2010
chyz:

Oh i doubt that completely!
Was shagari prepared for the presidential seat ? Was obj prepared ? Was yaradua prepared ? These people were all fixed but Abiola was prepared and he won but he never got there because the kingmakers didnt want him .why ?
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by sjeezy8: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
I dont know why afenifere peeps are even entertaining this nonsense. I mean theres other things to do.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by EzeUche22(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
Yoruba and their juju! shocked
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by bawomolo(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Was shagari prepared for the presidential seat ? Was obj prepared ? Was yaradua prepared ? These people were all fixed but Abiola was prepared and he won but he never got there because the kingmakers didnt want him .why ?

wasn't abiola prepared with the help of ITT loot i mean money?
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by sjeezy8: 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
I Abiola wasnt that bad- I would call him a plain businessman-

If ibb wants to invest in any business of mine- I would say hell YEA
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by chyz(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The question is would he have been better than obj and the answer is no. obj was in command of Nigeria back in the 70's. 1998 was not his first time being a ruler of nigeria. The guy doesnt have all of these connects for nothing. So as far a being prepared do not list obj as one who was not prepared. Abiola was a businessman, Obj was/is a politician that is about business.Dont get it twisted.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
bawomolo:

wasn't abiola prepared with the help of ITT loot i mean money?
Itt loot ? Wow . .does taking legitimate contracts under a military regime makes you an accomplice to any crime committed by such illegal government ?
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by bawomolo(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Itt loot ? Wow . .does taking legitimate contracts under a military regime makes you an accomplice to any crime committed by such illegal government ?

what if the terms of such contract weren't accomplished?
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
chyz:

The question is would he have been better than obj and the answer is no. obj was in command of Nigeria back in the 70's. 1998 was not his first time being a ruler of nigeria. The guy doesnt have all of these connects for nothing. So as far a being prepared do not list obj as one who was not prepared. Abiola was a businessman, Obj was/is a politician that is about business.Dont get it twisted.
You are the one getting things twisted.obasanjo was a military head of state in 1978.does that makes him a politician ? NO !!!.there are countries where businessmen have ruled successfully,so don't rule him out.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by chyz(m): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You are the one getting things twisted.obasanjo was a military head of state in 1978.does that makes him a politician ? NO !!!.there are countries where businessmen have ruled successfully,so don't rule him out.

"Head of State" meaning he ran the country.That is politics genius.At get your facts straight he was "Head of State" from 1976-1979. This shows that your argument is of no substance.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by downunder: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
It is increasingly concerning that many Nigerians remain myopic to the realities of our emerging democracy. It is appalling to read some of the insightless posts here where some people advocate for certain individuals based on party affiliation, religious leanings and tribal heritage. Why can’t we for once look at the greater good of this nation instead of fractionating along ethnic and religious leanings? As far as I am concerned, zoning has no place in a legitimate democratic institution; and so is political affiliation. At this point in our young democracy, it will be a travesty of justice to elect somebody based on emotions to govern 150 million or so people. Why can’t we elect a Nigerian to the presidency based on credibility, integrity, emotional intelligence, leadership potential and management credentials as well as a detribalized sensibility? Too much is at stake for this generation and generations unborn. Presently, all the people who have expressed interest in running for the highest office in our land have not demonstrated credibility when in power. We cannot continue to recycle these individuals whose “use by” date exist in the past. Most of these individuals have not demonstrated in the past that they understand the collective aspiration of the Nigerian people: good roads, regular power supply, improved health and education, employment creation, etc. I would be willing to vote for anyone who has the potential to probe the financial recklessness of our past leaders and bring them to justice regardless of political affiliation or geography. The future of this country is at stake and these individuals are jostling for power because they have discovered new ways of liaising with their cronies in an attempt to further empty our economic coffers. The youth of this nation should not let this happen anymore than it has because good governance often comes at a price which we should be willing and ready to pay. Please support dignity, credibility, integrity, leadership and management credentials instead of party, religion or tribe. Use your sense that is not “common" otherwise "the labour of our heroes past" will indeed be in vain.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by idupaul: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Abiola would never had been a good president . Hw can a man that had numerous concubine and sponsored coups . Let it be known that during maman vatsa interogations Abiola was always present telling vatsa to confess and recieve mercy . Only ibb knows the true mko . MKO was more than meets eyes
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Who told you this has anything to do with liking or not liking this man? The man was one of the major fraudsters we had in the nation from close to the beginning, and he was in bed with babangida, the two were almost lovers if you can still remember the many reports on both in the papers from back then. Abiola sat back and allowed Babangida commit attrocity after another and he mostly did and said nothing -- only when Babangida betrayed him, we all, as always, feigned collective amnesia and made a saint out of him.

I don't need to like or not like Abiola. His own record bares witness to what we would likely gotten from him if he had taken over the nation. Now, you can come now to tell me he paid the school fees of a couple of students to appease you -- by the way Babangida and Obasanjo can make the same claims -- the point is, he was part of the problem and to expect that he would have somehow solved it all is to continue day dreaming in much the same way millions around the nation are used to doing.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
chyz:

"Head of State" meaning he ran the country.That is politics genius.At get your facts straight he was "Head of State" from 1976-1979. This shows that your argument is of no substance.
what kind of person are you ? Did obj ruled for one year ? Anyways,can you tell what makes a politician cuz to you anybody that get to rule nigeria is a politician !! Can you imagine
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what kind of person are you ? Did obj ruled for one year ? Anyways,can you tell what makes a politician cuz to you anybody that get to rule nigeria is a politician !! Can you imagine
point of correction,Abiola has been a military contractor since the biafra war when the company he worked were dealing with military contracts until he rose to the top and made his name.His complicity in coups were all attributed to his closeness to the military and i ask ''if working as a military contractor is what makes him a fraudster,then i disagree with you.will Dangote and otedola be categorised as fraudster if they are operating under a military regime today ?
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Who told you this has anything to do with liking or not liking this man? The man was one of the major fraudsters we had in the nation from close to the beginning, and he was in bed with babangida, the two were almost lovers if you can still remember the many reports on both in the papers from back then. Abiola sat back and allowed Babangida commit attrocity after another and he mostly did and said nothing -- only when Babangida betrayed him, we all, as always, feigned collective amnesia and made a saint out of him.

I don't need to like or not like Abiola. His own record bares witness to what we would likely gotten from him if he had taken over the nation. Now, you can come now to tell me he paid the school fees of a couple of students to appease you -- by the way Babangida and Obasanjo can make the same claims -- the point is, he was part of the problem and to expect that he would have somehow solved it all is to continue day dreaming in much the same way millions around the nation are used to doing.
~Bluetooth:

point of correction,Abiola has been a military contractor since the biafra war when the company he worked were dealing with military contracts until he rose to the top and made his name.His complicity in coups were all attributed to his closeness to the military and i ask ''if working as a military contractor is what makes him a fraudster,then i disagree with you.will Dangote and otedola be categorised as fraudster if they are operating under a military regime today ?
Sorry kobo,i made a mistake but this intednded for you.
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Sorry kobo,i made a mistake but this intednded for you.

I don't think that response was for me because I am not sure I want to work that hard to connect it to any of the lines I am even pursuing on this. **scratches head a bit more ***
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't think that response was for me because I am not sure I want to work that hard to connect it to any of the lines I am even pursuing on this. **scratches head a bit more ***
I only went far when you brought the issue of fraudster just to tell you the legitimate businesses he had during his life-time.he was never in government but he benefitted through military contracts,so i don't know if such makes him a fraudster to you
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by bawomolo(m): 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I only went far when you brought the issue of fraudster just to tell you the legitimate businesses he had during his life-time.he was never in government but he benefitted through military contracts,so i don't know if such makes him a fraudster to you

did he accomplish the aims of his ITT contract?

yes or no
Re: Produce Abiola If You Want Our Votes, Afenifere Tells Ibb by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
bawomolo:

did he accomplish the aims of his ITT contract?

yes or no
Did he own ITT ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Engages 750 Volunteer Teachers For Technical Education / Osama Bin Laden And His Years As An Arsenal Fan / Satellite Pictures: Boko Haram Knows mathematics That Why They Are Bombing You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.