Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question (14910 Views)

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple / Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by zionmde: 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
Zoharariel:
I stopped going to the Church because so many things are wrong with its doctrine & holy book.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:32

The doctrine of Christian theology states that "the human authors and editors" of canonical scripture were led or influenced by God.

Paul also wrote in "2 Timothy 3:16" that - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Now, bring out your Bible and let us find out if the Bible is truly inspired by God. grin

1.) Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

* Satan did (1 Chronicles 2 1:1)

2.) In that count, how many fighting men were found in Israel?

* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3.) How many fighting men were found in Judah?

* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

* Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5)

4.) When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)

* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

5.) How many were the children of Zattu?

* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:cool

* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)

6.) How many were the children of Azgad?

* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)

* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)

7.) How many were the children of Adin?

* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)

* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)

8.) How many were the children of Hashum?

* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)

* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)

9.) Jesus descended from which son of David?

* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)

* Nathan(Luke3:31)

10.) How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

* By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)

* His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

11.) According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?

* If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:31)

* Even if I bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)

12.) Did Judas kiss Jesus?

* Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)

* No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)

13.) Did Jesus bear his own cross?

* Yes (John 19:17)

* No (Matthew 27:31-32)

14.) Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?

* Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)

* No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)

Brethren, I have more but I'll stop here for now because if I continue Christianity will end in Nigeria today. grin

The logical & sensible folks amongst you will agree with me that a Book riddled with so much errors & contradictions , not to talk of lies cannot be held as Holy & Sacred. grin

These white people came to Afrika to rape & conquer your ancestors, stole their lands & looted their natural resources - and still forced them to be paying contributions to them in form of "Tithes & Seed Offerings".

That was in the 18th Century but now, we're in the 20th Century. Stop enriching these thieves with your Tithes & Seeds. Channel those monies instead into empowering your friends, family members, widows & orphanage homes around you.

If you stop paying your Tithes & Seeds to the Church, trust me, nothing will happen to you. That fear mechanism was put in place in the Bible in order to put you in perpetual fear & submission - while robbing you of your money without using a machine gun. grin

There's no devourer anywhere, there's no Heaven and there's no Hell. All those nonsense are figments of your Pastor's imagination. grin

Look at our societies? It is nothing but a reflection of the lies, greed & hypocrisy that is ingrained in the foundation of every religious institution.

Leave your Pastors & G.Os to continue preaching their outdated gospel of Tithes collection & Seed Offerings. The Church shouldn't be regarded more than a social gathering where people go to have fun in order to relieve stress & boredom. grin

In conclusion, as the general secretary of the "Free The Sheeples Movement", I send you back to your Church as sheeps in the midst of "wolves of extortion": be ye therefore wise as Python, and harmless as AK-47. grin

They succeeded in fooling your parents, do not let them fool you again!

If Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome & others want to give God money, let them sell their Private Jets, Real Estates & Rolls Royces - and transfer the money into Yahweh's GTB & Zenith Bank Accounts. Hahahahaaaaa! grin

I hope I have been able to convince you, and not to confuse you that - going to church is an absolutely waste of my precious time & energy. grin

Children of God, Praise Tha Lord......! grin
U must be going everywhere now telling everyone u are enlightened but u are not
Get to know that the original scripture was not written in English. One Jewish or Greek word may mean many different words in English. Next time u want to read the Bible, pls arm itself with 3 or more versions. It will help you better. U are drowning in unbelief thinking u are wise now
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

Going to church is not a colonial mentality sir. It wasn't forced on us. When the whites brought Christianity, those who wanted it accepted it by choice not by force. Even till date, Christianity isn't forced on anyone.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.

4 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Viking007(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
Currently at work. sad
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by DEMZEE(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
Gbammmmm!!!!??

Zoharariel:
I stopped going to the Church because so many things are wrong with its doctrine & holy book.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:32

The doctrine of Christian theology states that "the human authors and editors" of canonical scripture were led or influenced by God.

Paul also wrote in "2 Timothy 3:16" that - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Now, bring out your Bible and let us find out if the Bible is truly inspired by God. grin

1.) Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

* Satan did (1 Chronicles 2 1:1)

2.) In that count, how many fighting men were found in Israel?

* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3.) How many fighting men were found in Judah?

* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

* Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5)

4.) When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)

* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

5.) How many were the children of Zattu?

* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:cool

* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)

6.) How many were the children of Azgad?

* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)

* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)

7.) How many were the children of Adin?

* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)

* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)

8.) How many were the children of Hashum?

* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)

* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)

9.) Jesus descended from which son of David?

* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)

* Nathan(Luke3:31)

10.) How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

* By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)

* His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

11.) According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?

* If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:31)

* Even if I bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)

12.) Did Judas kiss Jesus?

* Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)

* No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)

13.) Did Jesus bear his own cross?

* Yes (John 19:17)

* No (Matthew 27:31-32)

14.) Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?

* Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)

* No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)

Brethren, I have more but I'll stop here for now because if I continue Christianity will end in Nigeria today. grin

The logical & sensible folks amongst you will agree with me that a Book riddled with so much errors & contradictions , not to talk of lies cannot be held as Holy & Sacred. grin

These white people came to Afrika to rape & conquer your ancestors, stole their lands & looted their natural resources - and still forced them to be paying contributions to them in form of "Tithes & Seed Offerings".

That was in the 18th Century but now, we're in the 20th Century. Stop enriching these thieves with your Tithes & Seeds. Channel those monies instead into empowering your friends, family members, widows & orphanage homes around you.

If you stop paying your Tithes & Seeds to the Church, trust me, nothing will happen to you. That fear mechanism was put in place in the Bible in order to put you in perpetual fear & submission - while robbing you of your money without using a machine gun. grin

There's no devourer anywhere, there's no Heaven and there's no Hell. All those nonsense are figments of your Pastor's imagination. grin

Look at our societies? It is nothing but a reflection of the lies, greed & hypocrisy that is ingrained in the foundation of every religious institution.

Leave your Pastors & G.Os to continue preaching their outdated gospel of Tithes collection & Seed Offerings. The Church shouldn't be regarded more than a social gathering where people go to have fun in order to relieve stress & boredom. grin

In conclusion, as the general secretary of the "Free The Sheeples Movement", I send you back to your Church as sheeps in the midst of "wolves of extortion": be ye therefore wise as Python, and harmless as AK-47. grin

They succeeded in fooling your parents, do not let them fool you again!

If Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome & others want to give God money, let them sell their Private Jets, Real Estates & Rolls Royces - and transfer the money into Yahweh's GTB & Zenith Bank Accounts. Hahahahaaaaa! grin

I hope I have been able to convince you, and not to confuse you that - going to church is an absolutely waste of my precious time & energy. grin

Children of God, Praise Tha Lord......! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by desiredhome: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

Going to church is not a colonial mentality sir. It wasn't forced on us. When the whites brought Christianity, those who wanted it accepted it by choice not by force. Even till date, Christianity isn't forced on anyone.

The Christianity the white brought was full of love, contentment and everything good, the Nigerian Christianity of today is centered on greed, selfishness, competition, manipulations everything evil.

The white Christian brought free schools, free health care,etc. Today in Nigeria Church despite contributing to church schools you can't afford,

The GOs feeding on the poor/gullible

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
darkelf:

You're not right sir.

Please read your history books sir.

I insist!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
helinues:
8 years absence and still counting.

This should be me too
Not counting the very few weddings, burial ceremonies and thelemmejustgos that I indulge in

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by united442(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
nairaland0753:

I made up my mind not to go to church from today 3rd February, 2019 cos i just realized that the unjust keeps excelling than the just. I have tried and tried and the more i try the more i get to hear "IT'S ONLY A TEST OF FAITH" when will all these stop? Well, untill i am proven wrong then i will return to the church. I am fed up... Please Don't come here to give me some sermons. Salvation they say is a one man's race and YES! there's more to Christianity than just going to church. Thank you

hahahahahahahgrin bro calm down nnaaa...enh..
please dnt stop..
have been absence from church for the past 2years now,not because i dnt have faith,i do n i believe in God be things aren't going d way i want either.
going to church i will gv u hope,not going wont change anything either..
u even went to church today..i wish i can belike ugrin
i dnt even remember wen last i enter and i cant predict wen next i will gogrin
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by stanliwise(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
desiredhome:

Is it winning souls or winning members?
I understand you are trying to make mockery of some so-called men of God. I am a reformed christain.
My advice for you is to know God personally, don't say because false men of God put christainity in a bad light then you excuse yourself of knowing God.
The church is a social gathering of like minded christain.. It is not the law and it cannot save you.
If you are with like mind it gives you self confidence and a feeling of belonging.
Shallom.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
desiredhome:

The Christianity the white brought was full of love, contentment and everything good, the Nigerian Christianity of today is centered on greed, selfishness, competition, manipulations everything evil.

The white Christian brought free schools, free health care,etc. Today in Nigeria Church despite contributing to church schools you can't afford,

Thanks for pointing that out. But I wouldn't say all churches in Nigeria are marred with the errors you mentioned. There are still few that are led by the Holy Spirit
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2019
helinues:
8 years absence and still counting.

There must be a reason for that.. do you mind sharing??
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by desiredhome: 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

Thanks for pointing that out. But I wouldn't say all churches in Nigeria are marred with the errors you mentioned. There are still few that are led by the Holy Spirit

Yes not all but the majority have derailed from God's purpose of the church, most Church of today is not different from entertainment centers/social gathering

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by OpenYourEyes1: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
Saturday is Sabbath. Keep it holy
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by helinues: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

There must be a reason for that.. do you mind sharing??

Third eye
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by desiredhome: 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
stanliwise:
I understand you are trying to make mockery of some so-called men of God. I am a reformed christain.
My advice for you is to know God personally, don't say because false men of God put christainity in a bad light then you excuse yourself of knowing God.
The church is a social gathering of like minded christain.. It is not the law and it cannot save you.
If you are with like mind it gives you self confidence and a feeling of belonging.
Shallom.

No sir I am not making mockery of anyone, I am stating the obvious, it's better you don't fall victim of some of these fraudsters.
Christianity is not going to church but exhibiting the true Christian virtue.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by stanliwise(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
desiredhome:

No sir I am not making mockery of anyone, I am stating the obvious, it's better you don't fall victim of some of these fraudsters.
Christianity is not going to church but exhibiting the true Christian virtue.
same thing I said. But don't under-estimate the importance of like-minds(the church)
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by somehow: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
Did you bother to read the references he quoted?
lilbazy:
You will think you're wise and Educated now..But if you don't deviate from this foolishness of yours..your time will run out and that's the end. You will meet the Jesus you have been spending your time and resources criticizing. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by somehow: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
Respond to his query with a superior argument.
Shedboy:

You are lost

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by darkelf: 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

I insist!

Your insistence still doesn't make you right

smiley
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by somehow: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
But English was used to interpret all these verses in the Bible or you mean different people did the interpretation including the same chapter?
zionmde:

U must be going everywhere now telling everyone u are enlightened but u are not
Get to know that the original scripture was not written in English. One Jewish or Greek word may mean many different words in English. Next time u want to read the Bible, pls arm itself with 3 or more versions. It will help you better. U are drowning in unbelief thinking u are wise now

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by femi4: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:
Why are people fond of asking Christians this question every Sunday, especially Christians asking fellow Christians who didn't go to church. I know it's important to attend church services (not just Sundays alone), but don't we think there's more to Christianity than just going to church on Sundays (and other days)?

Some Christians hardly ask others about their personal relationship with Jesus, but are quick to remind them of their absence in church each Sunday. These things ought not to be so. People may have their reasons for not going to church. When next you are asking a brother or sister why he or she didn't go to church, please do well to take a step further to discuss his or her personal relationship with Jesus, in so doing, you can share your faith with such person ( especially if the person is not born again) and win a soul. Remember, the Bible says in Proverbs 11:30, "...he that wins a soul is wise"

A soul that has been won for Christ is worth more than thousands who regularly go to church but are not born again. Note that Jesus said in John 3:3, ".. except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". Going to church is good at being born again and led by the Holy Spirit is better.

Thank you for the audience. Your contributions will be highly appreciated.
There is more to Christianity than going to Church but when you constantly fail to go to Church, your Christianity is questionable.

Even Jesus your master was always in the synagogue

His disciples were always together in the Church

Revelation shows that God is interested in the Church(i.e assembly of you and I) hence the 7 letters to the Church
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2019
helinues:

Third eye

Can you be more explicit sir?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
desiredhome:

Yes not all but the majority have derailed from God's purpose of the church, most Church of today is not different from entertainment centers/social gathering

Okay. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by helinues: 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by nairaland0753: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

I appreciate your honest reply sir. To be sincere with you, you don't look at other people when running this race. When you look at others, you begin to compare yourself with them. You may be right by saying that the unjust keeps excelling but have you tried comparing yourself with those who are dead, those struggling with their lives in the hospital, those in prison, and many others facing worse challenges?

Please hold on to your faith in God, and I pray He takes away every doubt you are having; remember James 1:7-8, "Let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways". Again James 4:3 adds, "And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure."

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Thank you for sir.

Thank you so much for being reasonable.
Someone quoted me but gave an unreasonable response. I'm sure some ppl don't understand what it means to be faced with terrible situations that u begin to question your existence. What i meant by not going to church is this:- You get too commited in the works of God, go to his altar bent on your knees with hands lifted up to pray, go for homecell fellowship, pay your tithes constantly, sow seeds, give to the needy (just to mention a few) yet, ur struggles increases by the day and those who dont do any of these gets the best. You simply can't and won't understand the angle I'm coming from, i am typing this in pains. Right now, I don't want to hear any sermons cos i have heard enough and i am fed up. If not going to church to listen to how to live a righteous life would make b become better then, it's best for me. What has my going to church brought so far? Nothing but shame, pains and i am dying silently in the face of WHAT WOULD PEOPLE/CHURCH MEMBERS SAY IF I DID THIS OR THAT. Thank you
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
abbeyty:

The only people who are fond of going to church in those developed countries are the Africans, they are the one doing street evangelism in foreign land

One of the most embarrassing things I see outside Africa, the street preaching by Africans
Instead of marketing our traditional beliefs the way the Indians and other Asians are (for instance yoga)
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

You and I (our forefathers) just embodied and are still embodying and will probably always embody a structural violence meted on our psyches, we didn’t accept anything darling
My point? You are very wrong
Thank you
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
desiredhome:

I sincerely don’t know how to respond to the ignorance residing in this post in crazy amounts
I will just, lipsrsealed angry lipsrsealed
Free your soul from its trap please
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by desiredhome: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
merahki:

I sincerely don’t know how to respond to the ignorance residing in this post in crazy amounts
I will just, lipsrsealed angry lipsrsealed
Free your soul from its trap please

You will not understand because they've exchanged your brain with that of cow, maybe when you go to demand for your original brain, then you can reason properly.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
Martinez19:
I don't believe in god.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
What really happened. That you don't believe in God. Perhaps you have not try fellowship/Communion with the Holy Spirit
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by 34r194m84ry: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
Why are you going to church?
If I missed church service, how am I going to repay d service for that day?
Does Jesus goes to Church on Sundays or any other days?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire / The Dark Knight Shooting -satanic Influence Of The Joker / Testimonies From Day 5 Of RCCG's Holy Ghost Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.