Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question (14913 Views)

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple / Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by CrownFemi: 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
I stopped going to church because I don't believe in worshipping Christ. Only the Father deserves my worship not the son. Also, I don't believe in Trinity as the concept was not thought by Christ and his disciples. All churches now worship trinity which contradict bible teaching....
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Lordside(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
Are you sure, you went to Sunday school at all?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by SaturnNick(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
larryking540:

I prefer going 2 church on weds, becus of less distraction and been more focus with my heart,
And trust me I don't regret it, becus Sunday service for 9ja is just to show off,
True that. I like Wednesday Bible Study because of the opportunity given to interact unlike Sunday Service where you cannot voice out what you understand and feel, but instead you accept all you are told even if you have an addition and/or contrary opinion.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by weedfada(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
larryking540:

I prefer going 2 church on weds, becus of less distraction and been more focus with my heart,
And trust me I don't regret it, becus Sunday service for 9ja is just to show off,

Brotherly, why are you sounding like me...lol. i posted exactly this same thing about a yr ago or so on a similar topic, almost word for word. You're spot on!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by nonix22(m): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
helinues:

No be lie.. But right from childhood, church wasn't my thing. It got to a stage my dad realised and stopped forcing me.
Really
Na Wa o
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Seytex: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
Makschinchin:

Going to church is not a colonial mentality sir. It wasn't forced on us. When the whites brought Christianity, those who wanted it accepted it by choice not by force. Even till date, Christianity isn't forced on anyone.
I disagree with you. parents force religion on their wards. Christians ain't excluded.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Seytex: 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
I'm hating going to church because I see hypocrisy everywhere. My church is one political party church somewhere in Osun, so the truth is hardly said there.
if not for Nigeria factor, I won't be going to church again.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by larryking540: 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
weedfada:

Brotherly, why are you sounding like me...lol. i posted exactly this same thing about a yr ago or so on a similar topic, almost word for word. You're spot on!

Na so me see my own Christianity life o..

Na b Sunday jesus say make we day go church o,wen u kw it's convenient for u, ,
I can't go to church 5 times a week, no b me kill jesus o
,,even bible say there is time for everything o

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by toplinetrtrend: 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
Danhumprey:
And your proof that he's real is? undecided

Check the scriptures sir. The faith of God always have effect.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by goodoo: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
larryking540:

weekly services are the best,no compete of dresses.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by BluntBoy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
EmmyNorse:
To be born again is the best, but the bible also make ud to understand that we shouldn't forsake the gathering of brethren. Going to church uplift and encourage your faith through listening and doing the work of God. Stay bless

Read the whole verse. Do you think it has any link with churches of today?

The essence of that verse is exhortation (encouragement).

But today's churches are hardly ever about exhortation. There is not even a visible big family sort of. Some people even come, worship and leave. You see the ones who gather just to gossip. You see the ones who are there just to show off their clothes and jewelry. Even the pastors are not left out. They wear choice suits and tell their congregations fairy tales. Their chairs are reserved and separated from the rest of the worshippers.

Church has become more sermonic rather than conversational. Pastors do the teaching while the other worshippers do the listening. And when service is over, you see thousands heading home. They don't even see the person who sat beside them as a family but a stranger who can steal their handbags if they turned the other way.

The Church is completely dead in Africa. One major cause of this is the professionalization of the church which has placed emphasis on population as an indicator of church growth. The church leaders don't care if the worshippers share a close relationship that encourages exhortation. They are just interested in filling up their churches with crowds.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by palldepall: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
Join me in my temple@---++++
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
nairaland0753:

Thank you so much for being reasonable.
Someone quoted me but gave an unreasonable response. I'm sure some ppl don't understand what it means to be faced with terrible situations that u begin to question your existence. What i meant by not going to church is this:- You get too commited in the works of God, go to his altar bent on your knees with hands lifted up to pray, go for homecell fellowship, pay your tithes constantly, sow seeds, give to the needy (just to mention a few) yet, ur struggles increases by the day and those who dont do any of these gets the best. You simply can't and won't understand the angle I'm coming from, i am typing this in pains. Right now, I don't want to hear any sermons cos i have heard enough and i am fed up. If not going to church to listen to how to live a righteous life would make b become better then, it's best for me. What has my going to church brought so far? Nothing but shame, pains and i am dying silently in the face of WHAT WOULD PEOPLE/CHURCH MEMBERS SAY IF I DID THIS OR THAT. Thank you

cry cry cry

I feel your pains sir. I have friends and relatives who have complained about same. But in my honest view, it is not meant to be so. No matter what one goes through, God has a way of making His own to rejoice in all circumstances.

I don't want to talk bad about churches, but some have lost it in terms of their primary assignment of feeding the flock. Heads of some churches today feed their own belly and care less about the congregation. The Bible says in Philippians 3:18-19, (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19- Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Please sir, even if you've made up your mind not to attend church services for now, please do not lose faith in Christ. Hold on to Him and seek to be led by the Holy Spirit always. It is well with your soul.

If you need someone to talk to on issues like this, I'm available sir. You can quote me at anytime or send me a pm. A problem shared is half solved.

God bless you abundantly, Amen

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by LordPsalm(m): 11:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
nanizle:
I AM THE CHURCH!

grin
POC::::You are one of the stones that make up the Church. Christ is the Church
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Atewo400(m): 1:59am On Feb 04, 2019
lilbazy:
You will think you're wise and Educated now..But if you don't deviate from this foolishness of yours..your time will run out and that's the end. You will meet the Jesus you have been spending your time and resources criticizing. Shalom.
deluded folk won't u nullify his fact first before throwing out that trash
I don't just know whether some people has swapped common sense and their brain for the bible
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Atewo400(m): 2:05am On Feb 04, 2019
Shedboy:

You are lost
and u are losted
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by golddeejay(m): 6:41am On Feb 04, 2019
Shedboy:

You are lost
Help him find his way or ignore him.

One thing I noticed with Christians (I am on paper, there is always "NONE" option) is they easily wave away anyone with doubt or that noticed irregularities in the Bible with "you are a sinner" attitude.

A friend once told me "You don't use logic as a Christian". It means question nothing, just do as you are told, believe everything the man of God says and anything written accompanied by a Bible verse. I trust my Nigerian pastors.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Ojowuojowu: 7:34am On Feb 04, 2019
"Why didn't you go to church? Frequently asked question by Christians"
This is what I think.
Christians are family.
Just like when my family organizes a party and invites all family members(including all that have been married out) and then one of us wasn't present, then the right thing to do is for everyone to find out why.
Just like when food is made ready at home for you and you are aware but you weren't seen at home, you wouldn't question why mummy is asking why you weren't seen.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by whitebeard(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2019
Zoharariel:
I stopped going to the Church because so many things are wrong with its doctrine & holy book.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:32

The doctrine of Christian theology states that "the human authors and editors" of canonical scripture were led or influenced by God.

Paul also wrote in "2 Timothy 3:16" that - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Now, bring out your Bible and let us find out if the Bible is truly inspired by God. grin

1.) Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

* Satan did (1 Chronicles 2 1:1)

2.) In that count, how many fighting men were found in Israel?

* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3.) How many fighting men were found in Judah?

* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

* Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5)

4.) When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)

* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

5.) How many were the children of Zattu?

* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:cool

* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)

6.) How many were the children of Azgad?

* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)

* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)

7.) How many were the children of Adin?

* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)

* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)

8.) How many were the children of Hashum?

* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)

* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)

9.) Jesus descended from which son of David?

* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)

* Nathan(Luke3:31)

10.) How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

* By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)

* His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

11.) According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?

* If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:31)

* Even if I bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)

12.) Did Judas kiss Jesus?

* Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)

* No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)

13.) Did Jesus bear his own cross?

* Yes (John 19:17)

* No (Matthew 27:31-32)

14.) Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?

* Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)

* No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)

Brethren, I have more but I'll stop here for now because if I continue Christianity will end in Nigeria today. grin

The logical & sensible folks amongst you will agree with me that a Book riddled with so much errors & contradictions , not to talk of lies cannot be held as Holy & Sacred. grin

These white people came to Afrika to rape & conquer your ancestors, stole their lands & looted their natural resources - and still forced them to be paying contributions to them in form of "Tithes & Seed Offerings".

That was in the 18th Century but now, we're in the 20th Century. Stop enriching these thieves with your Tithes & Seeds. Channel those monies instead into empowering your friends, family members, widows & orphanage homes around you.

If you stop paying your Tithes & Seeds to the Church, trust me, nothing will happen to you. That fear mechanism was put in place in the Bible in order to put you in perpetual fear & submission - while robbing you of your money without using a machine gun. grin

There's no devourer anywhere, there's no Heaven and there's no Hell. All those nonsense are figments of your Pastor's imagination. grin

Look at our societies? It is nothing but a reflection of the lies, greed & hypocrisy that is ingrained in the foundation of every religious institution.

Leave your Pastors & G.Os to continue preaching their outdated gospel of Tithes collection & Seed Offerings. The Church shouldn't be regarded more than a social gathering where people go to have fun in order to relieve stress & boredom. grin

In conclusion, as the general secretary of the "Free The Sheeples Movement", I send you back to your Church as sheeps in the midst of "wolves of extortion": be ye therefore wise as Python, and harmless as AK-47. grin

They succeeded in fooling your parents, do not let them fool you again!

If Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome & others want to give God money, let them sell their Private Jets, Real Estates & Rolls Royces - and transfer the money into Yahweh's GTB & Zenith Bank Accounts. Hahahahaaaaa! grin

I hope I have been able to convince you, and not to confuse you that - going to church is an absolutely waste of my precious time & energy. grin

Children of God, Praise Tha Lord......! grin
nigga is it that dat u are too lazy to read and comprehend those verses or u just dull..! Cuz i just read those verses and noticed something...nigga u dull..! Comprehension really isnt ur thing, find another hobby and btw...drop ur phone..ur shit of a brain can help mislead others..!! Humans be greedy like damn..they even let their greed enter the tithe/offering bag..!! Get a hobby son..funny thing u might realise ur mistake and those gullible ones that followed u wont know when u have changed..!! (Inside life)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by whitebeard(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

But today's churches are hardly ever about exhortation. There is not even a visible big family sort of. Some people even come, worship and leave. You see the ones who gather just to gossip. You see the ones who are there just to show off their clothes and jewelry. Even the pastors are not left out. They wear choice suits and tell their congregations fairy tales. Their chairs are reserved and separated from the rest of the worshippers.

Church has become more sermonic rather than conversational. Pastors do the teaching while the other worshippers do the listening. And when service is over, you see thousands heading home. They don't even see the person who sat beside them as a family but a stranger who can steal their handbags if they turned the other way.

The Church is completely dead in Africa. One major cause of this is the professionalization of the church which has placed emphasis on population as an indicator of church growth. The church leaders don't care if the worshippers share a close relationship that encourages exhortation. They are just interested in filling up their churches with crowds.
this is true..
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
CrownFemi:
I stopped going to church because I don't believe in worshipping Christ. Only the Father deserves my worship not the Son. Also, I don't believe in Trinity as the concept was not thought by Christ and his disciples. All churches now worship trinity which contradict bible teaching....

@bold, the Father and Son are one and the same.. John 10:30
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by Makschinchin: 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
Seytex:
I'm hating going to church because I see hypocrisy everywhere. My church is one political party church somewhere in Osun, so the truth is hardly said there.
if not for Nigeria factor, I won't be going to church again.

The major point of focus should be your personal relationship with Jesus. Are you following His footsteps and obeying His commandments? On the last day, you won't be judged by the church you attended or didn't attend.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question by EmmyNorse(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2021
BluntBoy:

if you can't see the good in people, then become a tool of to be used to liberate the captives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dark Knight Shooting -satanic Influence Of The Joker / Testimonies From Day 5 Of RCCG's Holy Ghost Congress / Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.