Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' (26313 Views)

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Adeboye Visits Church With Uncompleted Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by klever18(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2019
phone for church ain't that bad it makes it easier to get to the Verse
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by sukerefakere(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
I said this is wrong over 5 years ago now but people argued and I asked them; if you have a spiritual attack at night, can you lift your phone or tab where u have your Bible installed to rebuke the attacker
angry
Reduce the number of hours you spend watching nollywood movies

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by verifiablefacts: 7:54am On Feb 03, 2019
thesicilian:
Should we also drop our ATM cards at home when coming to church?
it is true o,tithing with POS.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by flyDixon: 7:54am On Feb 03, 2019
DLondonboiy:
Times have changed...Benson Idahosa said the same thing years ago and was praised. Sulieman his son is saying same thing today and he is been dragged and booed. Times have changed.

Some things are never out of fashion, This is certainly not one of such.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by paxonel(m): 7:55am On Feb 03, 2019
Old man
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2019
tendingNews:
Apostle Suleman has admonished Christians not to go to church with their phones, iPhones, IPad, any devices to read Bible from them.

He enjoined the congregation to desist from such act which doesn't show reference to God.

Apostle Suleman said:

"Do not bring your Iphone, IPad, any device to church to read your Bible from it...."

"You can do that in your office, you can do that anywhere, but to read your Bible from your phone when you are in church, it doesn't show reference to God....."

"John 5 : 39 says search the scripture, it didn't say punch the scripture...."

UK based comedian Wale Gates shared the video of Apostle Suleman preaching against bringing Phones to church.

Watch the video here and see reactions after the cut....

Do you think he's right?

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/02/apostle-johnson-suleman-dont-come-to.html?m=1

THAT'S MY PASTOR.... MORE GRACE TO YOUR GRACE. THE TRUTH IS INDEED BITTER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Bestchisom(m): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
I said this is wrong over 5 years ago now but people argued and I asked them; if you have a spiritual attack at night, can you lift your phone or tab where u have your Bible installed to rebuke the attacker
Lifting your Bible doing a spiritual attack doesn't mean anything... Ts the amount of the word of God in you that you use to fight not the book...

6 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:04am On Feb 03, 2019
klever18:
phone for church ain't that bad
it makes it easier to get to the Verse
THAT'S MY PASTOR.... MORE GRACE TO YOUR GRACE. THE TRUTH IS INDEED BITTER. am sure you cannot even search the scriptures, thats why u regard phone as an easy way to search.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Emperor2463(m): 8:06am On Feb 03, 2019
Some people no get sense sha, he said don't come to church with intentions of using the phone bible, he never said don't come with ur phone

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by JeromeBlack: 8:06am On Feb 03, 2019
flyDixon:
Some of the twitter comments doesn´t make sense. First, he never said dont come to church with mobile devices for other purposes, secondly how can someone say there is no difference between a mobile bible and a hard copy? what is wrong with this generation? obviously those who dont read books will never understand where he is coming from.

Stop trying to sound smart.

You look dull trying to defend this pastor's nonsense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2019
Bestchisom:

Lifting your Bible doing a spiritual attack doesn't mean anything... Ts the amount of the word of God in you that you use to fight not the book...
but one cannot put a new wine into an old vessel. The way one handles a container tell how he values the contents.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:14am On Feb 03, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Stop trying to sound smart.

You look dull trying to defend this pastor's nonsense
but one cannot put a new wine into an old vessel. The way one handles a container tell how he values the contents. The truth is indeed bitter
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by itchie: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2019
What's wrong with it
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Bennycollins: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2019
Bros leave that thing. I personally find it easier and more thrilling reading from the Bible than from phone or electronic. But truth is Sulaiman is totally wrong to say that. After all, God's word was not originally written in books. The book is just a compilation of individual message sent which were written on stone, animal skins, scrolls etc. Wherethen is it stated that we must reverence God by using only the Book bible.
22brains:
THAT'S MY PASTOR.... MORE GRACE TO YOUR GRACE. THE TRUTH IS INDEED BITTER. am sure you cannot even search the scriptures, thats why u regard phone as an easy way to search.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Moorish: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2019
What if I want to transfer my tithe with my phone reverend is it okay ? grin

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
angry
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhHHhhhahhhhahh
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:16am On Feb 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
angry
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhHHhhhahhhhahhaaaa
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by itchie: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2019
flyDixon:
Some of the twitter comments doesn´t make sense. First, he never said dont come to church with mobile devices for other purposes, secondly how can someone say there is no difference between a mobile bible and a hard copy? what is wrong with this generation? obviously those who dont read books will never understand where he is coming from.
There is no difference between hard copy and mobile Bible, they are the same thing
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:17am On Feb 03, 2019
Nawaoooo wetn de wrong in using Mobile bible?
In the old was there even bible, was it not scrolls and rock tablets...
Hnññmm Apostle please focus on the scriptures even what david says..."Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight"....and not the written lines in your bible.!!!

Technology is taking over man.!!!
In years to come there won't even be a mobile, all there will be will be contact lenses that shows you where the bible passage is an interprete them while the pastors preaches...
Illiterates preachers..."in all ramification have knowledge and put small understanding on top"

no be talk am ooo wink
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by frubben(m): 8:18am On Feb 03, 2019
TheWhiteBox:
Digital format or print version, that people are reading the Word is all that matters.

Personally, I only read from my Bible at Church. I attend a big Church and when I look around during service, so do most people. I spend enough time on technology outside Church that I can spare a few hours at Church without it.
I believe you are proud of yourself with this rubbish you just typed down. seriously few hours without technology. so the mic is what, you drop your phone and read from a projector. smh
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Wizzy104(m): 8:18am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:

What a shallow way of thinking. Lord have mercy! So there are still people that reason like this in this 21st century. Is printing on paper not a product of ICT?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:24am On Feb 03, 2019
Bennycollins:
Bros leave that thing. I personally find it easier and more thrilling reading from the Bible than from phone or electronic. But truth is Sulaiman is totally wrong to say that. After all, God's word was not originally written in books. The book is just a compilation of individual message sent which were written on stone, animal skins, scrolls etc. Wherethen is it stated that we must reverence God by using only the Book bible.
"I personally find it easier and more thrilling reading from the Bible than from phone or electronic" you just said it all.!! Thats what the pastor is saying. People shoud find it thrilling reading from the Bible than from phone app while in church. He said they can do that in their office or elsewhere. It create distractions in church. I remember a guy brought out an expensive phone in church congregation and all the ladies were trolling him right in church!!!!!
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Plyzavocalz: 8:25am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
It's not the paper that hold the power..the power of the Bible is the word of God in you...and not some print on paper

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by 22brains(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2019
Emperor2463:
Some people no get sense sha, he said don't come to church with intentions of using the phone bible, he never said don't come with ur phone
i personally find it easier and more thrilling reading from the Bible than from phone or electronic". Thats what the pastor is saying. People shoud find it thrilling reading from the Bible than from phone app while in church. He said they can do that in their office or elsewhere. It create distractions in church. I remember a guy brought out an expensive phone in church congregation and all the ladies were trolling him right in church!
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by frubben(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
too much nollywood has shaped your thinking . chai!!!! see youth

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by martineverest(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2019
literally,don't come to church with Ur car,come by trekking or riding horse
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Oleash: 8:32am On Feb 03, 2019
Why don't we also go back to papyrus scrolls since books are a more recent invention. He should also not broadcast his sermon on TV since Jesus didn't. Some people like getting stuck in the past and refuse to adapt to change.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by martineverest(m): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2019
Moorish:
What if I want to transfer my tithe with my phone reverend is it okay ? grin
no it's not...cos they know they will loose money as people won't even bother paying or fake e-payment
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Truefaith: 8:36am On Feb 03, 2019
hgf
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Decapo: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
What diff does it make when you lift your Bible too? You’ve watched too many nollywood movie bruh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does God Speak To You? How? / White Lady Married To Feb Idahosa Shares Her Love Story (photos) / RCCG Sells A Bag Of Rice At N9k To Their Members In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.