Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' (26348 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Adeboye Visits Church With Uncompleted Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Gurusblend(m): 10:06am On Feb 03, 2019
Solowande:
how will the unbelivers feel or think when you are preaching to them with an ipad
And what if they ask you to preach to them using the original version of the bible before they can accept what you're teaching them?
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2019
Gurusblend:

He shouldn't have said that, he could have at least caution them,advice them to stop doing all those things while worshipping. Its left to them to understand what he's saying. Either to honor God or otherwise.
It is better to hit the nail on the coffin instead of beating around the bush
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by BronzeMajik(f): 10:13am On Feb 03, 2019
where was it written in the Bible?, fake pastor always dishing out rules and regulations
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Gurusblend(m): 10:21am On Feb 03, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is better to hit the nail on the coffin instead of beating around the bush

But he can't decide for them, jesus didn't decide for his apostles. Even with the hardcopy of the bible you can still be distracted while worshipping, you can't tell me eyes must stay glued to the scripture all the time nah
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by IMASTEX: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2019
Katier00:
But na scroll Jesus use not bible. Bible is a modern collection of books.
Nice remark
My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by ajensly1987(m): 10:33am On Feb 03, 2019
THIS IS WHAT HE SAID

Do not bring your Iphone, IPad, any device to church to read your Bible from it...."

"You can do that in your office, you can do that anywhere, but to read your Bible from your phone when you are in church, it doesn't show reference to God....."

HE NEVER SAID YOU SHOULD NOT BRING PHONES TO CHURCH.

He is very correct because no righteous God fearing minister Read the Bible from his phone, laptop, iphone, iPad during services.
I always admire this man especially his powerful messages
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by ArticleBeast: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
I said this is wrong over 5 years ago now but people argued and I asked them; if you have a spiritual attack at night, can you lift your phone or tab where u have your Bible installed to rebuke the attacker
What rebukes the devil or the satanic attack is not the bible printed by one publishing firm in the US, it is the amount of rhema in your spirit. So, if you are no where close to your bible what then happens?

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by sucess001(m): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
I said this is wrong over 5 years ago now but people argued and I asked them; if you have a spiritual attack at night, can you lift your phone or tab where u have your Bible installed to rebuke the attacker

You don't need the Bible. You need the word of God.

Did Jesus or any of the deciples use the bible to cast out demons?

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by unmask: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
And why would you need your bible when you have ur mouth?

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Olumyyde(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
Actually, it's not about the book(physical), it's about the Spirit behind the Word in the book. "The letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life." Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 03, 2019
Gurusblend:

But he can't decide for them, jesus didn't decide for his apostles. Even with the hardcopy of the bible you can still be distracted while worshipping, you can't tell me eyes must stay glued to the scripture all the time nah
He only admonishes he didn't force anyone
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by paddyofboss(m): 11:40am On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
Does lifting ur Bible up prevent demonic attack?. It is the word ingrained in your spirit man that has the power to do anything not your Bible. If u like carry Oyedepos Bible or Kumuyis Bible or Devoted Bible. It won't work. It's the word in you that works

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by paddyofboss(m): 11:43am On Feb 03, 2019
flyDixon:
Some of the twitter comments doesn´t make sense. First, he never said dont come to church with mobile devices for other purposes, secondly how can someone say there is no difference between a mobile bible and a hard copy? what is wrong with this generation? obviously those who dont read books will never understand where he is coming from.
What is the difference plz? I find it easier to read from my mobile devices than any hard copy material
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by fyneguy: 11:43am On Feb 03, 2019
ajensly1987:
THIS IS WHAT HE SAID

Do not bring your Iphone, IPad, any device to church to read your Bible from it...."

"You can do that in your office, you can do that anywhere, but to read your Bible from your phone when you are in church, it doesn't show reference to God....."

HE NEVER SAID YOU SHOULD NOT BRING PHONES TO CHURCH.

He is very correct because no righteous God fearing minister Read the Bible from his phone, laptop, iphone, iPad during services.
I always admire this man especially his powerful messages

Reverence God? Did God complain to you? How did you come about this?
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by V9cypha: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2019
Apostle has spoken.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by UncletC: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
Most people you see in churches with phone disturbing here and there are either baby Christians or unbeliever..... zeal without knowledge is dangerous.....
do you use tabs, iPhone, when presenting thesis or projects to your supervisors?
phone is a distraction..... I go to church with phone sometimes but I don't switch it on till after service.....
for those of you bragging about emergency case, if that is what you want, receive emergency cases always....
it is your phone that secure you in the first place or God? don't you see people who have died with sophisticated phones in their possession? some will even be checking what's app, Facebook, telegram, gallery, snapping up and down, all these nonsense is not warranted...
anyway some churches allow this distraction....
you will see a member jumping out to go answer call during church programs/service.
From the revelation I got, some believers will lose out because of unguarded use of phone in the church... take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Tsam96(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
Now this is BS..if my hardcopy Bible works so will my d one installed on my phone...unless u are saying the devil is scared of the paper and not what is written on it

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Kinjikitile(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
tendingNews:
Apostle Suleman has admonished Christians not to go to church with their phones, iPhones, IPad, any devices to read Bible from them.

He enjoined the congregation to desist from such act which doesn't show reference to God.

Apostle Suleman said:

"Do not bring your Iphone, IPad, any device to church to read your Bible from it...."

"John 5 : 39 says search the scripture, it didn't say punch the scripture...."

UK based comedian Wale Gates shared the video of Apostle Suleman preaching against bringing Phones to church.

Watch the video here and see reactions after the cut....

Do you think he's right?

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/02/apostle-johnson-suleman-dont-come-to.html?m=1

Hypocrite.
I guess when he was fucking Danielle okeke ,his gadgets ain't there ...
It's only ignorant fellows ,that believe these dubious men ... Religion is the root of all problems going on in our country now ....
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by RobinHez(m): 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:

The power lies in the Word, not in the book.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by MeetDx(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
If there is a way I could upload the entire bible into my brain I would have done it and become the living word of God. I don't see anything wrong in reading the Bible from anywhere it's written; after all the ten commandments where written on a stone table. This man no get sense jor!

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
"John 5 : 39 says search the scripture, it didn't say punch the scripture...."

Stupid fake pastors always trying to misinterprete the bible to suit their selfish desires. When you punch your device, you are also searching the scriptures; afterall the original bible was written on a scroll and not books and pages.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by kyella(f): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
in d past scrolls were used..now we use phones..some pastors would just keep teaching deir own philosophy's... if u don't know what to preach,just read a bible chapter then close...
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by brightalo17: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
flyDixon:
Some of the twitter comments doesn´t make sense. First, he never said dont come to church with mobile devices for other purposes, secondly how can someone say there is no difference between a mobile bible and a hard copy? what is wrong with this generation? obviously those who dont read books will never understand where he is coming from.
What about the bible on projectors almost in every Big Churches? what matters is the word not what carries the word.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by integrity16(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
He is wrong. Its the words there in that matters.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by gaskiyamagana: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
thesicilian:
Should we also drop our ATM cards at home when coming to church?
Yes, but don't forget cheque book.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Sunbrown22: 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
Read below

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by BLESSMME: 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
The ONLY thing that can work when you are attacked spiritually is the word of God you have stored up in you which you voice out against the demon. Lifting up bible or scroll or tablets when you are empty against a demon will do NOTHING.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Usguy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
See these bloody fornicator,that uses is iphone to do video call with naked women,advising his maga on what to do.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by truvine(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
thesicilian:
Should we also drop our ATM cards at home when coming to church?
Yes, that one too is a distraction, don't you think so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Meaning Of I Will Prepare A table Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies / Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.