Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,342 members, 7,954,393 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' (26595 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Adeboye Visits Church With Uncompleted Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Marxizm: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
Apostle, you're not quite correct on this one.There's nothing wrong in reading Bible from ur smart phones or gadgets.The recording of the Word of God started on tablets of stone to hand written scrolls then to print and now,electronic.Why not go back to 'stone Bible' since you want to reverence God? Searching the scriptures does not mean flipping leaves of the print Bible but diligent study to KNOW God. Reading from print Bible does not mean reverence to God.What God wants is to do His word, that is the reverence He accepts.The Word of God is Spirit not mere letters.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Grace001: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
Why won't he say that? When he knows that religion is a tools for controlling people, hence they become your zombie.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by hisgrace090: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2019
olujastro:
Nigerian pastors and their 'holier than thou' attitude.
My pastor uses Ipad to teach during sermon but doesn't want me to use my phone when reading bible.
My pastor will always delay closing time by 30 mins - 1hr and still criticise members for being conscious of time when in the house of God cheesy
The only reason I'm against use of phone in church is distraction from messaging apps. Otherwise, no difference between print and electronic bibles to me.

No disturbance when on flight mode while you use your offline bible

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by hisgrace090: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
I said this is wrong over 5 years ago now but people argued and I asked them; if you have a spiritual attack at night, can you lift your phone or tab where u have your Bible installed to rebuke the attacker

I lift my smart phone on every issue and it works well for me.

How can I compare my offline multi version bible to analogue one?
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by hisgrace090: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
flyDixon:
Some of the twitter comments doesn´t make sense. First, he never said dont come to church with mobile devices for other purposes, secondly how can someone say there is no difference between a mobile bible and a hard copy? what is wrong with this generation? obviously those who dont read books will never understand where he is coming from.

Mobile Bible is the best to me.
Easy to open chapter, ability to increase your letters or move from one translation to another.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by adelee777: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
I said this is wrong over 5 years ago now but people argued and I asked them; if you have a spiritual attack at night, can you lift your phone or tab where u have your Bible installed to rebuke the attacker

Is it lifting your bible that you use to attack your enemies, or your knowledge and faith in the word? The letter truly killeth. Can you show where the apostles carried a scroll (there were no bibles then as we have today) to point at a demoniac to cast out a demon?

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by mechanics(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
He's right.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by sacx: 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:

Really? Is it the book with hard covers referred to as bible that rebukes the attacker or the knowledge of the Word you have in your heart? I think you watched too much Nollywood movies when you were younger smiley

It was technological advancement that saw the use of paper in keeping the bible. Same technological advancement sees to the use of electronic devices. Why accept one and reject the other?

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Offpoint: 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
You guys are so ignorant and read your scriptures backwardly without understanding, it could be the effects of Nollywood movies where demons are being cast out with Bible in pastor's hands.

Of all the time Jesus casted out demons in the scripture... was he holding the Bible [Scroll] ?

Even when Christ was tempted, he *Quoted* the scripture to rebuke Satan. He wasn't holding in it his hands.

You don't need to physically hold the Bible in your hands to cast out or rebuke demon.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by crunchyg: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
So you think what chases the attacker away is the bible you carried, keep deceiving yourelf. Na people like you wey go carry bible put under pillow and demons go still press una for night
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by jtjohn(m): 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
eslason:
Bush African mentality

Stop using words recklessly, Do you know you can be distracted by the phone e.g calls, whapsapp and facebook messages. Please be guilded.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by hisgrace090: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
jtjohn:

Stop using words recklessly, Do you know you can be distracted by the phone e.g calls, whapsapp and facebook messages. Please be guilded.

Pls non of this things works when you're on flight mode enjoying your offline bible.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by eslason(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
jtjohn:

That's if you want to. Just click on flight mood and enjoy your soft copy joor
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by jtjohn(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
eslason:

That's if you want to. Just click on flight mood and enjoy your soft copy joor

How many people does that. do you know your phone can distract other people....
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by jtjohn(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
hisgrace090:

Pls non of this things works when you're on flight mode enjoying your offline bible.

But how many of u put ur phone on flight mode...

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by hisgrace090: 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
jtjohn:

But how many of u put ur phone on flight mode...

Pls I hate arrogant and unguided question.

I have been a regular user of Bible app for close to seven years with my flight mode always on in the church and when studying.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by paix(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
thesicilian:
Should we also drop our ATM cards at home when coming to church?
Yes o. Just come to church with cowries.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by mastar111: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:

You don't need to carry a hard copy of the Bible to rebuke the devil. You rebuke the devil with the Word inside you. The power of God is in the Word of God, which you believe and is working inside you, not in a hard copy. Don't let Nollywood deceive you.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by bomsy1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
Funny..
We mock this guy but most of us still believe Jesus will come riding on Chariots and Horses...whats up with that?
Seriously, no Ferrari or RR in heaven?
At very least he should use the Iron Man Suit undecided
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by JJOF(m): 11:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
I can't evn rememba d last time i opend a bible in church.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by JJOF(m): 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
bomsy1:
Funny..
We mock this guy but most of us still believe Jesus will come riding on Chariots and Horses...whats up with that?
Seriously, no Ferrari or RR in heaven?
At very least he should use the Iron Man Suit undecided
I knw dat u just want 2 mock xtianity, but I'll still reply u. Sometimes, when god wants 2 reveal tinz to us, he tries to bring it down to our mental level, so we can understand. As at d time when apst John wrote his revelations, there was no automobile, so d only way Jesus could make him undastand his 2nd triumphant coming, was to make John see him coming in chariots. Let's even say Jesus' 2nd coming would truely b on chariots, do u think there would b any automobile dat would b half as fast, or strong as those horses?
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Pinoralia: 4:58am On Feb 04, 2019
So you won't record his lies and post them on social media.
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by Pinoralia: 4:59am On Feb 04, 2019
mechanics:
He's right.

He is wrong
Re: Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' by mechanics(m): 5:13am On Feb 04, 2019
Pinoralia:

He is wrong
I still maintain my stand, he's right, you can only use it if you are on a journey and you can't have access to Bible at that instance, or in the office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Tony Rapu Dancing At His Daughter's Wedding (Photos) / The Hand Of God Is On Saraki' - Prophet Omotosho Makes Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.