Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,857 members, 7,855,533 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

4goodpasture's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4goodpasture's Profile / 4goodpasture's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Re: Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Should Be Using Someone's Backyard For Campaign by 4goodpasture: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2022
[/i][i][/i][i][i][/i]
Ttalk:

Look, that event was jam packed and it was one of the successful rally so far by APC, whatever will suppress your fear of reality hitting you is welcome, you can't beat a child and expect him not to cry.

Politics / Re: Frank Edoho Criticizes South East Politicians For Attacking Peter Obi by 4goodpasture: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2022
And you think your Tinubu is very competent despite all the drug charges brought against him. You still find him a saint to govern the country.
N3TRAL:
If Soludo had supported Peter Obi, Frank Edoho would argue that he is supporting Obi because of Obi's competence. Competence when defined in democratic parlance is largely subjective and the Ex-CBN Boss classifies the Labour Party candidate as incompetent.
Frank Edoho, who falls within the "exposed and educated" spectrum is advocating that Peter Obi deserves Soludo's support because he is Igbo.

That is the reality of the "Saint" Peter Obi project.

Let's face it. The last time an Igbo person led Nigeria, more than half of Nigeria's population were not born. Igbos are humans too. They have feelings. They also want to produce a Nigerian leader even though the bulk of them go about screaming that an Igbo President won't make them richer or poorer grin .

It is the thought of decades of political subjugation that fuels the fire burning in the heart of most Igbo people to fight for the control of Aso Rock. Predominant in 5 of 37 States, the most crucial concern for political analysts and statisticians is how this populous ethnic group can install a leader they've chosen without the support of others in an ethnically diversed democracy as ours.

Whether they love the "Emi lo kan" remark or not, registered in the heart of every Igbo child and adult is the conviction that it is their turn.
Crime / Lady Absconds With Kids, Husband's Money And Documents by 4goodpasture: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2018
T
Politics / The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by 4goodpasture: 12:24am On Oct 27, 2016
My attention has been drawn to so many articles circulating on the information media about the medical director of Federal Medical Centre Owerri Dr Angela Uwakwem, for which some were accusing her of corruption and being high handed with the intention of maligning her long built good reputation. For this reason, I have decided to let the cat out of the bag as to give attention to these circulating materials because Nigeria is a country where silence to allegations is assumed as being truthful.
There is a saying that when one points a finger on another, the other four fingers points back at the person. Even the holy book admonishes us to remove the log in our eyes so that we would see clearly to remove that of another. I think there are two sides to a story and that is why one should never be in a haste to make conclusions. I am a staff of this affected institution ‘’ Federal medical centre Owerri’’ and I think I am in the best position to feed Nigerians with the right information. I could vividly remember the old FMC before the inception of Dr Uwakwem who has now transformed a dilapidated FMC into one of the best hospitals in the southeast. The ultra modem buildings, facilities etc were all built by the same accused Dr. Angela Uwakwem. I am not trying to exaggerate but a visit to FMC Owerri will testify to my claims.
What crime did Angela Uwakwem commit? She committed the crime of stopping some criminally minded health workers from vandalizing and stealing government properties. She committed the crime of instilling discipline in health workers by punishing defaulting ones. Few months ago, she embarked on her annual leave and handed over to an interim administration. The rate of corruption in FMC Owerri rose to an unjustifiable and unbearable magnitude such that nurses sell gloves and some hospitals materials at such a jaw dropping price to unsuspecting patients. Those in accounts department own fake receipts, collect money from patients and offer them fake receipts which they printed from home. Our Laboratory technicians use government reagents to run their own private businesses and sometimes collect money directly from patients without paying into hospital account. Selling of blood donated for emergencies is nothing to write home about. During emergencies, doctors are told there is no blood available to attain to an emergent condition but when a patient’s relative meets them in private and offers money becomes available from the same blood bank that initially had no blood. This is just to mention but a few. In her absence, the hospital deteriorated that we could not even afford a syringe. Patients are forced to get materials for them to be attended to and at the end pay huge hospital bills that were never accounted for. You could imagine a hospital that could generate about 30 million Naira or more monthly could no longer boast of 2 million naira. Patients are everywhere in the wards, hospital beds are filled and yet we could not buy diesel to power hospital generators. Our previously functioning ambulances now have flat tires with cobwebs on them, our pharmacies are out of stock, all the ventilators in our theaters and intensive care units have failed, our radiology machines are no longer functional. Patients now get turns and are scheduled for scans because only one out of the eight ultrasound machines is working. Life has been made so unbearable for patients and relatives alike by the attitude of health workers, ranging from a non caring, and abusive nurse in the ward to the laboratory technician who could not provide their investigations on time due to one flimsy excuse or the other. Patients swallow all these problems because they have no capable one to report to who would take some disciplinary measure against such malicious staff. Patients now use their personal clothing as bedspread which was never heard of before Dr Angela Uwakwem embarked on her annual leave.
All these are the crimes of Dr Angela Uwakwem because she has stepped on toes of all those that have tried to enrich themselves with government money and properties at the detriment of all Nigerians. They are after her because she has insisted on the diligence among health workers. Like our president Mohammadu Buhari said, the fight against corruption must begin with each and everyone us. I advice all erring health care worker to fight the corruption in themselves before accusing one of corruption. It is only a pig that loves swamp. Majority of the staff have sworn to step out of the swamp we once lived in when Dr Angela Uwakwem was absent by making sure she is reinstated and your effort to put us and other Nigerians back into the swamp for your selfish interest can no longer be possible. I advice every Nigerian to disregard such allegations that holds water only on media and visit FMC owerri and confirm if all I have said here is the truth or not.
Angela Uwakem has transformed FMC owerri and must be allowed to complete her tenure. Like the Ministry rightly said, ‘’Anyone who feels he/she cannot work with Dr. Angela Uwakwem should resign’’. I have forgotten to mention that this same allegation against her was properly investigated by a 15 member panel and still exonerated her. Another false information spread by same malicious health workers that some babies died while a teargas was spread to disperse the violent mob. All these are efforts to malign her. I have taken time to visit the baby care units and no death was recorded in any of the units now I begin to wonder where such information emanated from.
Finally, I advise all Nigerians to disregard such maligning information against Dr Angela uwakem who is striving to make sure that Nigerians enjoy quality and affordable health care delivery in FMC owerri.

6 Likes

Autos / Re: Lovely And Very Clean Toyota Camry Tiny Light Going For 900k by 4goodpasture: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2016
Going for 650k.?

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.