Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

4mykids's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4mykids's Profile / 4mykids's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2019
The issue isn't cash for now and I'm not bragging, I just wanted to leave with my kids immediately. Though it's not what I would like, but seems I might leave the kids behind for a short while.

EMMAACHILE:

Those destinations are very expensive to move to if she does not have the cash.
Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2019
It seems I have to look in that direction after all. Hopefully it will be for a short while. Thanks for your advice

Mizwisdom:
I hope 4mykids has decided to move to Canada or Australia, I will advice you to go first before taking your kids

1 Like

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thank you.

bellong:

You don't owe anybody explanation for why you want to travel with your kids. You don't need to explain yourself. If nobody answers the question you asked, you don't need to submit yourself to the court of public opinion.

You will need to show proof of custody or consent from both parents before a permanent visa is granted anyway. I believe you already know that. So, no need to provide information not relevant to your request.

Most do not understand the trauma caused by domestic violence and how it can permanently damage a child except the child gets therapeutic care and intervention. If your explanation is true, your decision to move away from the environment is a good step towards healing. Traumatic scars take a long time to heal but I believe you will get there.

Don't forget to get them professional counseling through a child psychologist.

All the best.

1 Like

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
Out of the question. Thanks for your contribution.

thatniceguy:

The easiest and most affordable is UAE. You will have to leave your kids behind at least you are able to secure a job.
Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
No, Trying to help us all heal better...physically and emotionally.

essenceplus:

Are you trying to keep their fathers away from them to get back at him What's the core motive behind this resettlement

1 Like

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
My kids are 8 and 6. I was actually married and went through a bitter divorce last year. Before then we had been seperated for some years.
My kids came out of this union scarred and are very jumpy whenever anyone yells or seems angry...
Thankfully, I was given custody by the court.

I just feel a different environment would help them...help us greatly. Probably help them not look over their shoulders too often.

As I said earlier, they are my motivation for going on so leaving them behind is really out of it for me.

Chiefochiefo:
But what happened to the father of your kids lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thank you. It's my decision as well

babyfaceafrica:
whatever your decisions, move with ur kids
Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
Is it only because of the expense that makes it locked up?
Please help me understand because it was on my list based on suggestions

Joromi12:
false. Australia has locked up. U will spend over 1m on visa fees ielts medicals and assessment
Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
My reason for japa-ing is just for the emotional well-being of my kids and I.
I have a good paying job actually in administration with years of experience although my degree is in the sciences. I also in my spare time do a bit of freelancing (write and transcribe).
Truth is that I just want to be far from Nigeria, it can even be in any other favourableAfrican country. I deserve that peace of mind, my kids too. I'm not running away from anyone. I just need to start my life afresh with my kids.

lookingmirror:
everyone wants to japaa from this zoo?

14 Likes

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Do you have any idea about the ease of settling down... especially as it may concern a single mum with two kids?

Lamasta:
Try Ghana you don't need Visa but ECOWAS permit and You will never regret it cool
Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thank you. I took a look at the Canada and Australia immigration and I must confess I was hoping on moving fast...possibly this year which I doubt is possible with the two above.
As I said earlier, even a favourable African country would do even if temporarily.
I will explore Rwanda and the others as advised

AngelicBeing:
Canada, Australia do have the skilled workers program which can take you between 6 to 9 months to get into Canada/ Australia as a PR holder, starting with evaluation of your credentials via WES, taking IELTS exams etc and I think you also need to have proof of funds from a minimum of 10,000 dollars upwards depending on the dependants like your kids that will be going with you.

In addition to the above, if you can't afford the Canadian / Australian migration route, you can try Botswana, Rwanda, Mauritius and Seychelles, you will find those places decent and nicer for you to live and pursue either business for a start and gradually get employment as time goes on, you will get residence permits as well.

l can speak of Rwanda, although I am not living there but I have my vacation home currently undergoing construction in the country and in my opinion based on all the countries l have been privileged to travel to within the African continent and also in the western world where I schooled and have my residency , if I am to live in Africa I give it to those 4 countries mentioned above.

Good luck with your decisions and I wish you all the best as you navigate your way through the migration process. cool

3 Likes

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2019
Grateful...

Beautyaddy:

You might want to visit the below thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/1

However, no matter what country you decide to move on to please do not leave your children behind.

It might be easy for a man to just move to another country without his family but not for a woman.

Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
Do Nigerian courts give people money? I wonder because I never got a dime...or maybe you mean child support...if it's that, yeah, 20k per month which he has never paid and I never asked or intend to.
And yes, I do have some cash, though limited but it should help actualize my immigration plans greatly.

nwanneni:
I knew you were running from something like that wink
Aburo m umu azi.
Be like say court give you better money?
If you have some cash,by all means do go on...

3 Likes

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
I have read your contribution/advice and I must say I am grateful for pointing out the other side...though a bitter pill to swallow. However, the thing is I sincerely need to move with my kids because I would feel more settled if they are with me than any other person and vice versa...

The only other person they used to feel comfy with is no more hence my determination.

Thanks once more and I sure will do my research as suggested

Cyberknight:

You will have to do careful research on the cost of living in your preferred destinations in the developed world to have an idea of whether your finances can sustain you all for a certain amount of time (say 3 to 6 months) without any income and then take your decision.

Hard truth - life abroad (let's use the term "abroad" to mean the developed western countries here) isn't cheap for someone coming from a country with a weak currency. The heating costs for your first winter alone can induce depression. There will be childcare for your children to factor in as well since you are single. No matter how qualified you are and where you were working in Nigeria (if you are employed), do not expect to just arrive and get good employment right off the bat. This is why the Canadian and other immigration schemes require prospective immigrants to show proof of enough funds to sustain them for up to year in the absence of any other income.

Depending on where you are going, and how you get there, you may or may not be eligible for some government assistance (if entering Canada as a permanent resident through Express Entry you have as much entitlement as anyone else, for instance). But you have to balance this out against other harsh realities - sometimes as a new immigrant, what you can afford to pay in rent doesn't get you a very salubrious area, and being encumbered with children limits your choices.

Put differently, for instance, I could live in one room in Hackney or Brixton (Ajegunle) if I were all alone, while I am finding my feet in a new land, but with 2 children to look after, I would rather avoid such areas and their gangs and bad public schools, thus forcing one to move up and pay more.

Hard truth No. 2 - It's easier to hustle if you're alone, you can work many shifts, or hold more than one job, while you settle in and hopefully move on up to better things. With children, you're limited unless your income can cover extended childcare expenditure; not possible at many commonly obtainable income levels.

Hard truth No. 3 - I know several people who relocated alone first then sent for their children and/or spouses later. It's certainly a very common occurrence and one you might have to seriously look at, depending on your finances.

Best of luck.

5 Likes

Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
Thanks for your encouragement.

My kids are 8 and 6. I was actually married and went through a bitter divorce last year. Before then we had been seperated for some years.
My kids came out of this union scarred and are very jumpy whenever anyone yells or seems angry...
Thankfully, I was given custody by the court.

I just feel a different environment would help them...help us greatly. Probably help them not look over their shoulders too often.

As I said earlier, they are my motivation for going on so leaving them behind is really out of it for me.
Thanks once more.

ifyalways:
How old are your children?

One of my ex-staff, a single mom to a Gorgeous 9 years old left for US with a tourist visa in April 2017 with her daughter. Her salary when she was with me was just about 100K and her highest educational qualification was an OND. She was living with her parents in the mainland, working in Lekki, abandoned by baby daddy, called "evening newspaper" by foolish young boys.

2 years in US , her daughter is in school free(I'm not encouraging illegal immigration though), she's gotten her nursing assistant certification, working in a home and schooling too(nursing degree). She has just bought a plot of land in her village for her parents. Keyword: village.

She's happier , has big dreams and full of life and so is her daughter.

Look into Canada, Australia. Don't leave your children behind for no relative if they are under 10 years, instead plan and wait for them to be 8 at least. If i were a single mom in this very harsh Nigeria, I'd migrate and start afresh too. Everybody deserves happiness.

7 Likes

Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
Thanks a million for this information. Any additional guide will be greatly appreciated

Olamega78:
Australia should be perfect for you and the kids. I heard that with 1m, you can get a working visa excluding ticket fare... Remember to strictly use your head and pray fervently... Best wishes
Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Please I would also appreciate if any single parent who has taken this path successfully could contact me. Please help

5 Likes

Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Please I would also appreciate if any single parent who has successfully taken this path could contact me.
Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Probably freelancing, affiliate marketing, blogging...believe me when I say I have experience in all and make additional income from them.
Its about our emotional balance now, not necessarily financial.

yomi007k:

Hmmm. Inspiring.

Things like what are being done from comfort of home? Please share. Thank you.
Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
I have a good paying job actually in administration with years of experience although my degree is in the sciences. I also in spare time do a bit of freelancing (write and transcribe).
Truth is that I just want to be far from Nigeria, it can even be in any other favourableAfrican country. I deserve that peace of mind, my kids too. I'm not running away from anyone. I just need to start my life afresh with my kids.

yeyeosoronga:
Go to a country you have family or friends and can have help with child care for the initial period you arrive there till you find your feet.
Canada is a nice country. Australia is another one.
What's your background as per career wise?

6 Likes

Family / Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 10:23am On Jun 14, 2019
Start a life afresh, move on, get over the past...all with my kids

LadySarah:
To Go and do what exactly?

1 Like

Family / Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone..as the topic states I need advise help and personal assistance too if possible.
I'm a single mum of two little kids and I really wish to start another phase of my life away from Nigeria. I feel it will greatly help I and my kids move on from the past.
I'm not too old to work as I'm in my early 30's. Finance is available though limited to a certain amount.
I would love a situation where I can leave with my kids and not have to come back for them later..somehow, they seem to be my motivation to go on.
With these information, which country do you suggest that will be easy for immigration.
Travel / Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2019
Thank you for your response. Any guide on this...maybe a link I could follow that would assist in the process.

tolugar:

Think Canada
Travel / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2019
Help A Single Mum With Ideas

Hi everyone..as the topic states I need advise help and personal assistance too if possible.

I'm a single mum of two little kids and I really wish to start another phase of my life away from Nigeria. I feel it will greatly help I and my kids move on from the past.
I'm not too old to work as I'm in my early 30's. Finance is available though limited to a certain amount.

I would love a situation where I can leave with my kids and not have to come back for them later..somehow, they seem to be my motivation to go on.

With these information, which country do you suggest that will be easy for immigration.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.