Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (51850 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ugosample:

what is with Nigerians with their obsessions for being rich

excessive obsession for wealth is a sign of a failed country and a failed society

As long as you are doing fine and can pay your bills and still have a 401K
what's with the obsession for being "rich" ?

Nigeria people sef
OH, you prefer a life of paycheck to paycheck to been financially ok? I tire for you oh shocked

6 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

OH, you prefer a life of paycheck to paycheck to been financially ok? I tire for you oh shocked

who is talking about life of pay check to pay check?

As long as you are prudent, you CANNOT live hand to mouth in a western country

the only thing is that you may not be able to amass stupendous wealth with near zero value addition as it is done back home in NiggerArea

But you will have the quality of life that even the so called "Ubee rich" can only dream of In NiggerArea.

That is just my point.
the opportunity to excel is very wide out here

It just depends on the person and his circumstance

I don't have anything against those of you who choose to live in NiggerArea tho

I only pity you guys lipsrsealed undecided

Now my aunt despite her so called money cannot even travel from pH to our state without having her heart in her mouth due to the spate of kidnapping and insecurity in HellGeria lipsrsealed

the OP should plan properly and leave jare
for the same of her kids

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lmao @Ugosample
The simple truth is that the average migrant to these countries are struggling with some doing more than one job.
You can still be buoyant in the west and be very comfortable but not through jobs. The Indians and the Chinese know this better.
Africans may be the most educated but still the poorest because of this kind of your mindset cool

6 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Lmao @Ugosample
The simple truth is that the average migrant to these countries are struggling with some doing more than one job.
You can still be buoyant in the west and be very comfortable but not through jobs. The Indians and the Chinese know this better.
Africans may be the most educated but still the poorest because of this kind of your mindset cool

just so you know

I'm a business owner and not a worker cool

not that I regret my education
But then, i PREFER running different businesses and running my portfolio of shares.

so that mindset you wrote up there is not mine cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ugosample:

just so you know

I'm a business owner and not a worker cool

not that I regret my education
But then, i PREFER running different businesses and running my portfolio of shares.

so that mindset you wrote up there is not mine cheesy
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Dialectics: 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
A job in a foreign country will never make you rich. I had some discussions with Nigerian guys now in Canada lamenting about the cost of living. Except few specialized jobs, you will be living from paycheck to paycheck.

Like Ugosample said above, what is this Nigerian obsession with getting rich? This mentality comes from the fact that only rich people have access to all the basics of life in Nigerian. In developed societies, you do not have to be rich to access good health care, emergency services, security, running water, constant electricity, good education, decent roads, transportation etc. These are all the commonwealth of these nations and accessible to its citizens because they all pay for these services in some form or the other and hold their govt accountable when these things are not provided. In Nigeria, we don't want to pay for anything so we get nothing. Even when we pay, some rouges in govt steal our commonwealth and use the stolen wealth to provide for their families alone while the rest of the citizenry suffer and struggle to provide for themselves in any way possible, including 419, online fraud, money rituals, kidnapping etc

We Nigerians are natural born complainers, we complain about anything and everything. Did you ask the guys that were complaining if they lack any basic amenities? Ask them if their kids are in good schools? Ask them if they fear for their lives when they go out at night. Ask them if they can go to the hospital and get treated for any ailment? Ask them if security services harass them on the streets of Canada? Ask them if they can eat whatever they want whenever they want? Ask them if they have to buy generators and store petrol/diesel at home like some kind of hoarder? Ask them if they are worried about how they will survive in retirement? Ask them if mosquitoes dey disturb them for night? Ask them if they are worried about their vote being counted when they vote in elections? Ask them if they fear Fulani herdsmen attacks? Ask them if they can write to their elected representatives and get an actual response? Ask them why they are always looking good in pictures and posting pictures contradicting their complaining on facebook? Ask them why they haven't come back home if life in Canada is so bad?

Finally, let me tell you for a fact that you are misinformed with your statement about only specialized jobs can prevent you living from paycheck to paycheck. Bus drivers, police officers, and many many more are living good with great salaries in the western world. I know of custodians/janitors who have done very well for them selves and can afford vacations to the Carribean every year. The choices you make determine how you end up!

4 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Dialectics: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Lmao @Ugosample
You can still be buoyant in the west and be very comfortable[b] but not through jobs.[/b] The Indians and the Chinese know this better.

The bolded is the biggest misconception of the century. Where are you getting this fallacy from? How do you describe very comfortable? Many professional Nigerian immigrants have two homes, one which they live in and a second vacation/investment home. They have gone beyond public schools which in themselves are very good, and send their children to private schools. They take several vacations a year, but not in Nigeria anymore. You do not see them in Nigeria because they do not feel safe there. They are very comfortable from their employment.

I know from first hand information that your statement is not true. I personally know engineers, accountants, finance professionals, physicians, investment bankers etc who are doing very very well, even by western standards. Nigerians are arguably some of the most financially successful immigrants in the U.S. and Canada. Successful professional Nigerians do not boast or make noise about their wealth. They are quietly enjoying their lives in the western world.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dialectics:

Like Ugosample said above, what is this Nigerian obsession with getting rich? This mentality comes from the fact that only rich people have access to all the basics of life in Nigerian. In developed societies, you do not have to be rich to access good health care, emergency services, security, running water, constant electricity, good education, decent roads, transportation etc. These are all the commonwealth of these nations and accessible to its citizens because they all pay for these services in some form or the other and hold their govt accountable when these things are not provided. In Nigeria, we don't want to pay for anything so we get nothing. Even when we pay, some rouges in govt steal our commonwealth and use the stolen wealth to provide for their families alone while the rest of the citizenry suffer and struggle to provide for themselves in any way possible, including 419, online fraud, money rituals, kidnapping etc

We Nigerians are natural born complainers, we complain about anything and everything. Did you ask the guys that were complaining if they lack any basic amenities? Ask them if their kids are in good schools? Ask them if they fear for their lives when they go out at night. Ask them if they can go to the hospital and get treated for any ailment? Ask them if security services harass them on the streets of Canada? Ask them if they can eat whatever they want whenever they want? Ask them if they have to buy generators and store petrol/diesel at home like some kind of hoarder? Ask them if they are worried about how they will survive in retirement? Ask them if mosquitoes dey disturb them for night? Ask them if they are worried about their vote being counted when they vote in elections? Ask them if they fear Fulani herdsmen attacks? Ask them if they can write to their elected representatives and get an actual response? Ask them why they are always looking good in pictures and posting pictures contradicting their complaining on facebook? Ask them why they haven't come back home if life in Canada is so bad?

Finally, let me tell you for a fact that you are misinformed with your statement about only specialized jobs can prevent you living from paycheck to paycheck. Bus drivers, police officers, and many many more are living good with great salaries in the western world. I know of custodians/janitors who have done very well for them selves and can afford vacations to the Carribean every year. The choices you make determine how you end up!

you have said it all
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by AngelicBeing: 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dialectics:

Lol, succinctly put, there's no basis of comparison between the western world and Nigeria, it is like comparing the kingdom of God in all its fullness and glory to that of the Devil, I agree with your post and that of Ugosample

Canada that is been mentioned is a good country, even without a job, ministry of social services via your social worker will ask you to get a place and the government will pay for it, we have food banks that will give you free groceries, furniture bank for free furnitures and cooking utensils, clothing bank from different shelters gives you free clothes, we also have hot meals in different locations were you can go and eat for free, millions of people are on welfare / disability assistance monthly from the government and the list goes on, with all your wealth in Nigeria, you are still trapped in the whole nonsense in the country, from Buhari the skeleton in Aso Rock to so many rich folks, ordinary small ailments, they are on their way out of the country to Dubai, India or the western world

Abeg, it is better to live from pay cheque to pay cheques in Canada with several government assistance to fall back to than earn all the millions in Nigeria and you are not free to even drive your car from state to state due to insecurity cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dialectics:

The bolded is the biggest misconception of the century. Where are you getting this fallacy from? How do you describe very comfortable? Many professional Nigerian immigrants have two homes, one which they live in and a second vacation/investment home. They have gone beyond public schools which in themselves are very good, and send their children to private schools. They take several vacations a year, but not in Nigeria anymore. You do not see them in Nigeria because they do not feel safe there. They are very comfortable from their employment.

I know from first hand information that your statement is not true. I personally know engineers, accountants, finance professionals, physicians, investment bankers etc who are doing very very well, even by western standards. Nigerians are arguably some of the most financially successful immigrants in the U.S. and Canada. Successful professional Nigerians do not boast or make noise about their wealth. They are quietly enjoying their lives in the western world.

exactly
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, succinctly put, there's no basis of comparison between the western world and Nigeria, it is like comparing the kingdom of God in all its fullness and glory to that of the Devil, I agree with your post and that of Ugosample, Canada that is been mentioned is a good country, even without a job, ministry of social services via your social worker will ask you to get a place and the government will pay for it, we have food banks that will give you free groceries, we also have hot meals in different locations were you can go and eat for free, millions of people are on welfare / disability assistance monthly from the government and the list goes on, with all your wealth in Nigeria, you are still trapped in the whole nonsense in the country, from Buhari the skeleton in Aso Rock to so many rich folks, ordinary small ailments, they are on their way out of the country to Dubai, India or the western world, Abeg, it is better to live from pay cheque to pay cheques in Canada with several government assistance to fall back to than earn all the millions in Nigeria and you are not free to even drive your car from state to state due to insecurity cheesy

exactly

the spate of insecurity is the worst

But what did we expect
the insecurity is the main symptom of a failed country

Coming to Nigeria these days from out of the country now you have to do all manners of fasting and prayer to be safe.

What they are living back in NiggerArea is not life
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
The contention here is not about countries but about the individual who is moving.

Many diaspora Nigerians are not making it due to many factors. I don't have an exact data on percentages for this statement.

Some guys are derailing the thread but comparing countries. Even if it's comes to that, many struggling diasporans will prefer to reverse the time to go back to the old life here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by AngelicBeing: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ugosample:

exactly

But what did we expect

Coming to Nigeria these days from out of the country now you have to do all manners of fasting and prayer to be safe.

My mutual friend who has been in the US for the past 30 years, from Oyo state, built a big house at ibadan, he told me over the phone that since he completed the house, he is scared of sleeping there because of fear of robbers and kidnappers, he sleeps at either Sheraton or other five star hotels in Nigeria, he told me that he will sell off the house and he has put it in the market for sell, that he will use the money to do something else and he will not involve in getting any property in Nigeria because of the state of insecurity in the country cheesy
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by AngelicBeing: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Go back to Nigeria and be kidnapped, butchered and killed, I guess you don't know what is happening in the country, 21 states have currently been declared unsafe for western visitors and they have warned their citizens, listed the states for them to avoid, if out of 36 states, 21 is declared as been unsafe, and you say diasporans will prefer to reverse and come back to Nigeria, l laugh in Macedonia grin
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Dialectics: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ugosample:

exactly

But what did we expect

This is so true. Making a visit to Nigeria is like planning a covert military operation. You need to first of all keep it a secret grin and make sure the information is not widespread. Second, plan for someone to meet you at that disaster of an airport called MMA. You can't move around freely without security protection especially if you're going to your village. Many do not stay in their personal homes anymore and prefer to move from hotel to hotel for fear of being kidnapped or robbed. And the list goes on. Compare and contrast to visiting a Caribbean country not to talk of a Western country. An American/European citizen can buy a ticket tonight, book a hotel and car rental and leave for the destination tomorrow. No forward or advance military planning grin

The worst thing about Nigeria is not that it is a failed country today. It is that there is no hope for the country to get any better in the future. In fact, all indications are that it will be worse in the future. This is why many citizens want to leave, including our youth who can see clearly that the suffering is likely to continue throughout their lifetime and even into their children's.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
AngelicBeing:
My mutual friend who has been in the US for the past 30 years, from Oyo state, built a big house at ibadan, he told me over the phone that since he completed the house, he is scared of sleeping there because of fear of robbers and kidnappers, he sleeps at either Sheraton or other five star hotels in Nigeria, he told me that he will sell off the house and he has put it in the market for sell, that he will use the money to do something else and he will not involve in getting any property in Nigeria because of the state of insecurity in the country cheesy
How big is this house? I am sure Ibadan residents have seen bigger houses. Ibadan is not as dangerous as that yet.

Dialectics:

This is so true. Making a visit to Nigeria is like planning a covert military operation. You need to first of all keep it a secret grin and make sure the information is not widespread. Second, plan for someone to meet you at that disaster of an airport called MMA. You can't move around freely without security protection especially if you're going to your village. Many do not stay in their personal homes anymore and prefer to move from hotel to hotel for fear of being kidnapped or robbed. And the list goes on. Compare and contrast to visiting a Caribbean country not to talk of a Western country. An American/European citizen can buy a ticket tonight, book a hotel and car rental and leave for the destination tomorrow. No forward or advance military planning grin

The worst thing about Nigeria is not that it is a failed country today. It is that there is no hope for the country to get any better in the future. In fact, all indications are that it will be worse in the future. This is why many citizens want to leave, including our youth who can see clearly that the suffering is likely to continue throughout their lifetime and even into their children's.

Planning a covert military action. shocked
lol. Thats the only part i will agree with you. Too many illiterates or half educated people.

3 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Going back to the Op, Apart from the suggestion of a job offer from Canada/Australia, she will have to have a budget above 5m at least to move. If the Op doesnt have this, she better forgets all these suggestions.

3 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by emmaodet: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ugosample:

what is with Nigerians with their obsessions for being rich

excessive obsession for wealth is a sign of a failed country and a failed society

As long as you are doing fine and can pay your bills and still have a 401K
what's with the obsession for being "rich" ?

Nigeria people sef

Abi oooooo. Is it possible for everybody to be rich? Laila. As a matter of fact, alot of people will be at the base of the food chain.
What we need are the basic amenities of life as a human being breathing.
Food, house, cloth, good health care and education.
Others that may follow - electricity, pipe borne water and good transpitation system especially railway.
That is why am sad when you see alot of poor and broke ladies running away from struggling guys because if we like it or not, we will have a large poor guys at the base.
And the question is - who will marry them? Since all ladies at the base are running away from them
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Dialectics: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
The contention here is not about countries but about the individual who is moving.

Many diaspora Nigerians are not making it due to many factors. I don't have an exact data on percentages for this statement.

Some guys are derailing the thread but comparing countries. Even if it's comes to that, many struggling diasporans will prefer to reverse the time to go back to the old life here in Nigeria.

If you do your research before you migrate and set yourself up to succeed, you will surely make it financially in the western world! Now make no mistake, financial achievement does not equal success and does not automatically bring happiness and personal fulfillment. We as a people need to learn contentment. My original post referred to making sure you have marketable skills before you move or planning to upgrade and make your skills recognized. Majority of immigrants I know that do this are successful. However, many get derailed because of greed/lack of contentment, pride, show offishness, dishonesty, baby mama syndrome etc

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
to the Author of this topic:
Single mother with 2 kids, hmmm... check first in Canada, USA how much is the babysitting cost and what is the kids age to leave them alone. Babysitter is expensive and as a new immigrant you will make small money. How will you survive? No benefits or cheap babysitting services in the developed countries. Usually a woman with 2 kids is at home mom, you can't keep a job having 2 kids.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Dialectics: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
123JohnF:
to the Author of this topic:
Single mother with 2 kids, hmmm... check first in Canada, USA how much is the babysitting cost and what is the kids age to leave them alone. Babysitter is expensive and as a new immigrant you will make small money. How will you survive? No benefits or cheap babysitting services in the developed countries. Usually a woman with 2 kids is at home mom, you can't keep a job having 2 kids.

There are ways around this. Your kids will go to school free if in the USA or Canada. In the US, you can qualify for free after school care for your kids. Subsidized care is available at the Y during the summer. It is not easy but its possible. You will struggle for a few years to get on your feet, but when you do it will be so worth it. And don't forget that you can attend online school and there are now lots of jobs you can do remotely from home. Or you can attend night school or work at night. Lots of people have done this and are doing this. Desperate times call for desperate measures. There is no success without sacrifice in the West!

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dialectics:

There are ways around this. Your kids will go to school free if in the USA or Canada. In the US, you can qualify for free after school care for your kids. Subsidized care is available at the Y during the summer. It is not easy but its possible. You will struggle for a few years to get on your feet, but when you do it will be so worth it. And don't forget that you can attend online school and there are now lots of jobs you can do remotely from home. Or you can attend night school or work at night. Lots of people have done this and are doing this. Desperate times call for desperate measures. There is no success without sacrifice in the West!
Yes, help for legal people and Americans and it's not easy to get, yet even them lose jobs because of kids troubles, sick, different schedule, she can always go to work at night yet to have a babysitter sleeping in her house. New immigrant has it hard, not accepted for benefits easy during first 5 years, maybe more.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by oluayebenz: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
See advices sha......
How do you know if the OP qualified to apply for Canada/US Express entry or PR?
Or you think is so easy to migrate legally when u are not migrating to west african countries grin

I think you guys should be able to help since you dey carry the matter for head nah

Oya to the diasporan, help the OP cos she seriously need your help. She already made up her mind.......
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
oluayebenz:
See advices sha......
How do you know if the OP qualified to apply for Canada/US Express entry or PR?
Or you think is so easy to migrate legally when u are not migrating to west african countries grin

I think you guys should be able to help since you dey carry the matter for head nah

Oya to the diasporan, help the OP cos she seriously need your help. She already made up her mind.......
Yes, Nigerians abroad should help, Nigerian church in USA or Canada should help. But I am trying to explain, even with help it's almost impossible to survive as an immigrant with 2 kids and no help. Renting a place to live, if her kids are both the same sex, she needs to rent the 2 bedroom appt., 1 for herself, 1 for kids. If her kids are boy and girl, she will be required to rent 3 bedroom appt. Not cheap at all and it's not Nigeria, if they live in 1 room all together, Social Services take her kids. She can't rent a room as single people does renting rooms in a friends house, Nigerians won't help her in it because nobody wants to have a problems with the law, kids not eating well and not having minimal decent place to live are considered abused and she can lose her kids. School materials, the church can help but as a new immigrant she doesn't qualify for a cheap appt.

I would suggest, she immigrates alone leaving her kids with the family and after she has a job and place to live, she can bring her kids.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by oluayebenz: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
123JohnF:

Yes, Nigerians abroad should help, Nigerian church in USA or Canada should help. But I am trying to explain, even with help it's almost impossible to survive as an immigrant with 2 kids and no help. Renting a place to live, if her kids are both the same sex, she needs to rent the 2 bedroom appt., 1 for herself, 1 for kids. If her kids are boy and girl, she will be required to rent 3 bedroom appt. Not cheap at all and it's not Nigeria, if they live in 1 room all together, Social Services take her kids. She can't rent a room as single people does renting rooms in a friends house, Nigerians won't help her in it because nobody wants to have a problems with the law, kids not eating well and not having minimal decent place to live are considered abused and she can lose her kids. School materials, the church can help but as a new immigrant she doesn't qualify for a cheap appt.

I would suggest, she immigrates alone leaving her kids with the family and after she has a job and place to live, she can bring her kids.

Good suggestion
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 12:06am On Jun 22, 2019
emmaodet:

Abi oooooo. Is it possible for everybody to be rich? Laila. As a matter of fact, alot of people will be at the base of the food chain.
What we need are the basic amenities of life as a human being breathing.
Food, house, cloth, good health care and education.
Others that may follow - electricity, pipe borne water and good transpitation system especially railway.
That is why am sad when you see alot of poor and broke ladies running away from struggling guys because if we like it or not, we will have a large poor guys at the base.
And the question is - who will marry them? Since all ladies at the base are running away from them

let's just say that these ladies are victims of their environment and their expectation cheesy

in Burkina; broke guys have better prospects to marry on the steady than Nigeria because I'm NIGERIA we have been sold materialism and wanton consumerism

it is the expectations that has pushed many young men into crime, to meet up; especially if you are a "Nwafor" (if you know; you know)

it's too bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 12:09am On Jun 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

you were the one who opened the window for comparison remember?
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Tominiola: 2:01am On Jun 22, 2019
Cyberknight:

I could live in one room in Hackney or Brixton (Ajegunle) if I were all alone.

I know you don't mean any harm by what you've written but in terms of housing Brixton is not cheap anymore oo. In fact it's been gentrified so naturally the prices of one bedrooms have gone up. However, in terms of crime I totally understand and agree with your sentiments.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2019
AngelicBeing:

U know, u are very right. We are about to put one of our ppty in the market.
When I was at home, only me with the kids, I suspended work on our family house. The outside wasn't painted. No light outside at all.if are passing by, u will think nobody live there.
I sold one car and parked the other.
Dismissed the gateman.
U need to see what I wear. Sometimes people passing by mistake me as one single mum who was told to take care of the house till the owner decides to pack in. No problem as long as we are safe.
Naija no dey smile cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2019
It seems I have to look in that direction after all. Hopefully it will be for a short while. Thanks for your advice

Mizwisdom:
I hope 4mykids has decided to move to Canada or Australia, I will advice you to go first before taking your kids

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4mykids: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2019
The issue isn't cash for now and I'm not bragging, I just wanted to leave with my kids immediately. Though it's not what I would like, but seems I might leave the kids behind for a short while.

EMMAACHILE:

Those destinations are very expensive to move to if she does not have the cash.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by AngelicBeing: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2019
sassysure:

U know, u are very right. We are about to put one of our ppty in the market.
When I was at home, only me with the kids, I suspended work on our family house. The outside wasn't painted. No light outside at all.if are passing by, u will think nobody live there.
I sold one car and parked the other.
Dismissed the gateman.
U need to see what I wear. Sometimes people passing by mistake me as one single mum who was told to take care of the house till the owner decides to pack in. No problem as long as we are safe.
Naija no dey smile cheesy

Exactly, that was a good approach on your path for the safety of your kids and your household, come to think of it, of what use is having a house and you are scared of sleeping in the house to avoid been butchered, I don't blame anyone who decides to sell off his property due to the endemic insecurity in the country, whenever I visit Nigeria, l sleep in different hotels in lagos and they all have mobile policemen stationed in the hotel guarding the place, l don't sleep in my house in Nigeria, l just sneak in to visit people and I keep all my movement discreet from everyone until I vammoose out of the country again, the most shocking news of recent is that 21 states in Nigeria have been declared unsafe for western visitors and that connotes a total state of anarchy / insecurity if you ask me, what do I know, they say we should keep praying for Nigeria, hmmm, I beg to differ, prayers doesn’t develop any nation neither does it stop insecurity, politicians in Nigeria and some religious leaders are going about with armed escorts but they tell the poor masses to keep praying for the safety of the country, what a joke grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Plane Carrying Fitness Mogul, Schaller, Family Crashes In Costa Rica. No Word On / Pictures Of A Nairalander Trip To Ghana / Young Boys Film Themselves Disorganizing 45k Hotel Room Before Checking Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.