Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu (529 Views)

Why I Ran Away From Daura To London – Buhari / Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps / Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by Ebullience(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has explained why he ran away and remained in exile since September 2017 when the army raided his residence in Abia State.

“I ran away because Jubril (President Muhammdu Buhari) sent the military to my house to come and kill me and they expected me to stay and confront them. I’m unarmed just as IPOB members are unarmed group,” Nnamdi Kanu said in a broadcast on Radio Biafra monitored on its Facebook page.

He was responding to his critics who mock him for running away and abandoning his followers in Nigeria.

The live broadcast is his second after he resurfaced in a video that trended last October showing him in Israel.

Mr Kanu has been at the vanguard of the call for an independent Biafra Republic from the Nigerian state through a referendum.

The IPOB leader, who is facing charges of treasonable felony at the Federal High Court in Abuja, had called for a boycott of elections in Anambra in November 2017 if the government failed to set a date for a referendum.

The call for a boycott failed as thousands participated in the election.

Last September, two months before the Anambra election, a clash occurred between IPOB members and soldiers when the military commenced an operation in South-east states.

Since then, Mr Kanu’s whereabouts remained unknown until his reappearance in an online video.

Mr Kanu in Saturday’s broadcast said he fled to Israel because it is the safest place for him to stay alive and achieve his dream of a Biafra republic.

“I want to ask those that criticise me about what they have done in their life,” the separatist leader said.

“Did you know that Nelson Mandela ran to Nigeria for safety during his time?

“No one in Nigeria has done what I have done. I came home and I confronted the army, I went to their court, I was unlawfully detained, I went home, conducted a rally and they sent their army to come and kill me.

“Nnia Nwodo, Okezie Ikpeazu, Obiano, and Umahi were the ones that signed and brought the army to kill me.

“Yes, I fled to Israel because it is the safest place for me and I needed to stay alive and achieve Biafra republic. Tell those who said that I ran away to read their history book, they will find out that all the popular human rights activists, both dead and alive, ran away when it’s the best time to.”

The IPOB leader also reiterated his call for a boycott of the February 16 elections, calling on all “Biafrans” to sit at home on election day.

“By voting, all you are doing is perpetuating the misery of our people.

“To vote in the zoo means to endorse 1999 fraudulent constitution. By voting, all you are doing is perpetuating the misery of our people.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/309728-why-i-ran-away-from-nigeria-nnamdi-kanu.html
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by Switruth: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
He who fights and run away lives to fight another day. Kanu. Kanu. Kanu. How many times I call you. ?
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by oyebanji44: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
Absolutely wrong.it seemed more like a wickedness in character.
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by ABCthings: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
United we stand, divided we fall. @OneNigeria God bless you all! smiley
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
The Python dance should have consumed you there.
miscreants everywhere
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
undecided
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by sammyj: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
Kanu the delictor of IPOD is a full blown confused coward !! But Atikuloter still remains a Cameroonian until be provide is Birth certificate and pulls down his trouser for confirmation!!! grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by Gabriel004: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
grin cheesy
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by Nyamuriflathead: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
Thanks for exposing Kofi abubakar kojo of Cameroon for us director of Igbos
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
There's a popular saying that "he who fights and run away lives to fight another day"

Ken Saro Wiwa of the Ogoni kingdom fought a good fight for his people, had he ran away when it got hot, who knows, he would have lived to accomplish his struggle.

Anybody calling NK a coward is not smart enough to be called a human.

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by SaiAtikuTill203: 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
ZOMBIES will die of heart attack on February 19 when pdp must have recorded resounding victory in KATSINA state and all through Nigeria.In a country that required urgent attention in terms of security, infrastructure and robust foreign policy, Buhari is not fit to be a district head not to talk of managing a complex nation like Nigeria.
SAI AtikuObi for prosperous Nigeria...Majority of Nigerians are oppressed people but they dont know it..and have taken it as a way of life. Our dignity have been strip off us with little to hold on to....and they are not bothered as long as it can provide some scrumps of bread on their table at that point in time with no care in the world if the country burns to the ground.sometimes I wonder why matured and discerning mind have allowed this shallow thinkers to occupy every nook and cranny of the Nairaland.
People can vote for any one from any party who appeal to them but they should not market stupidity and insanity and call it Intelligence.

SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE....I wonder who placed a curse on Nigeria to have such a disaster as a President.Nigerians want a president with life so that the lifeless economy can come back to lifeNIGERIANS MUST VOTE OUT BUHARI

BUHARI MUST FALL

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by PenlsCaP: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
I support biafra bifran will forever be in my heart any igbo who doesn't have biafra in his/her heart should be ashamed of themselves.
However, buhari must be sent back to daura for now to go continue his cow rearing business
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by MONIKERREVEALER: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2019
virgoquin:
The Python dance should have consumed you there.

miscreants everywhere

you didn't just say that did you?
Re: Why I ‘ran Away’ From Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 8:57am On Feb 04, 2019
oyebanji44:
Absolutely wrong.it seemed more like a wickedness in character.

So it would have been strenght of character if unarmed Nnamdi Kanu had relaxed in his parlour and let the Nigerian Army murder him?

(1) (Reply)

. / Exposed- How Elections Is Been Rigged / APC Holds Special Meeting With Candidates Ahead Of Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.