Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps (56507 Views)

Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) / Sex-For-Food Destroying Girls, Women In North-East IDPs Camps / Shehu Sani To TY Danjuma: Let Nigeria Burn & Be Free Instead Of Hiding The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by KEVIND: 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has spoken of his experience at camps holding people displaced by Boko Haram, saying he saw “pathetic scenes” that were “really terrible” he could not return there.

Mr Buhari said he saw children who neither knew their fathers nor where they came from.

He said after Mr Danjuma, a former defence chief and now a billionaire, said he could not take up the role he wanted him to due to his advanced age, he took a decision to set up a ministry with the sole mandate to oversee humanitarian issues in the country.

“I went only three camps and since then I have not gone back because I couldn’t stand it, it’s really terrible,” the president said.

He spoke Thursday in Abuja at the inauguration of the government’s humanitarian coordination committee.

Read part of the president’s comment below:

“As a digression, I will like to make some comments based on my visit to some Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps. The pathetic scenes I saw pushed me to ask one of the most respected generals we had in the military, Gen. T. Y. Danjuma, initially to head this organization.

“Because, what we receive from NGOs sometimes does not permeate; it does not go down to the people there. If you see the children, they don’t know their fathers not to talk of where they come from. So I had to go and beg General Danjuma to please come and be in charge of that so that our resources are properly utilized, because some Nigerians are really reckless.

“There don’t care whose money it is they will put it in their own pockets. So I had to get General Danjuma. But when he told me that age was not on his side, I got documents from intellectuals so that we could set up a ministry so that it will coordinate the activities of NEMA and others; so that the sources can be properly accounted for.

“This is the reason the ministry was set up so that the minister will account to the executive council and make sure that the resources are properly utilized.

“I went only three camps and since then I have not gone back because I couldn’t stand it, it’s really terrible. I hope you will give your patriotic support so that they will properly get the advantage of the contributions made by the country and the NGOs and international bodies.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/382733-how-my-shock-at-idps-camps-made-me-run-to-ty-danjuma-buhari.html

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by oz4real83(m): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
And these were the same group, whom despite their pathetic situation, your former SSG still stole over N200m from them all in the name of clearing "evasive grass specie" and he is still working about freely. Most of us will not take the fight against corruption serious with those people still free.

213 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by inoki247: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
shocked shocked Like Electric shock abi oga u beta wake up Election is ova...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Drversatile: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
For real or super story ?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Mysticwebb: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
The dullard went to bribe Danjuma with an appointment, imagine how surprisingly smart a dullard could be.
Danjuma saw it and used age as an excuse to decline the devil's offer.
The wicked devil trying very hard to silence every opposing voice.

190 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Topxcel: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
It's a pitiable situation in the idp camps.....

May God raise help for them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by aylive02(m): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
Who cares?
Why not run to China or Italy? grin

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Princessabby99(f): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
I hope he was able to save you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by IlovePMB: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
Poor old man. We don't have president in Nigeria. What we have is dent. The Presi don commot.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Holamilekan97(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
See players. Nigeria is a mess. I talk am again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Gten(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
After seeing the condition at the IDP camp, your government is proposing welfare package for the terrorist.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Marine54(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
Na today ! Every thing always shock and surprised you mr president.....

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by vivalavida(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
Always running and abdicating his responsibilities for someone else.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by crackhouse(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
If I hear. If u can't go back to idp camps how will you know what they are passing through? Is it not because you visited that you were able to see this mess? If not you won't know and you are saying u won't go back. Nonsense. That's why you are always disconnected from Nigerians.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Zubbykan007(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
R
Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by januzaj(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
And you are busy wasting tax payers money on the people that put them in that condition.
People that killed their families.
People that displaced them are being treated like kings. I have never seen someone as shameless as this our President.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by lilianofentse(f): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nigerians call him the lifeless one.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by gnykelly(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
after that what have you done differently

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Babatunde40(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
It is well.
Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Moscodee1990(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Buhary! Buhary!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Hbabarb: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Can you imagine that

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by GamalNasser: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Hmm
Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by ladratorko: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
angry
Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by GreatResearcher: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Please does prenuptial agreement works in Nigeria? Thanks.
Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by tarantino1: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ok we've heard.

Can you now address the nation about the current epidemic, Corona, telling citizens to keep calm, as father of nation wey you be?

Abi na to do mouth like person wey convulsion catch and to tell useless story na u sabi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by aylive02(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
Alright
when better leagues no dey
Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by LibertyRep: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
This is the more reason why everyone who has contributed to the deplorable state of the IDPs shouldn't go unpunished.

From the BH members who forced them into the camps to the greedy government officials who loot funds meant for their upkeep.

Hope the president understand why some of us still do not understand and appreciate the setting free of the de- radicalised BH members.

I hope he also understand why some of us fails to understand why the infamous grass cutter is still walking free.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash / Dino Melaye In ABU To Collect His Certificate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.