Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... (21904 Views)

New Kogi Governor Ododo Appoints Cabinet Members On First Day In Office / Atiku Promises To Hold Reconciliatory Physical Meeting With Wike / 2019: Group Backs Atiku, Promises 10m Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2019
Imortal001:
To end ASUU strike first day in office. what did this cameroonian take us for? anyways i did not see you getting elected in the first place. atifku presidency should just wait for biafra republic. I have date with PMB on Febuhari 16.
Says who? You might be shocked. I have this feelings that elections might be postponed

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by deboysben(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2019
Afamed:

Until you are able to put up a good grammatical composition. Lazy youth. " has build" Shame on you. This one too go follow shout say Buhari no go school

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Afamed: 11:01am On Feb 04, 2019
[quote author=deboysben post=75400563][/quote] Smh on you.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by ogenyi1: 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
This is a man that is prepared for the office and not the illiterate gworo chewing dullllard that wasted more than 6 months only to name criminals as ministers.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by DanDeeBoss(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Imortal001:
To end ASUU strike first day in office. what did this cameroonian take us for? anyways i did not see you getting elected in the first place. atifku presidency should just wait for biafra republic. I have date with PMB on Febuhari 16.
Mind the kind of leaders you choose.... ASUU strike has been called off, right?? undecided
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by victorazyvictor(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
Imortal001:

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by greatman247(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
Atiku the scammer. Lol. You think you can fool everyone right? You can't fool me. Na desperado move be this lie! Atiku is too desperate, he wants to promise heaven and earth at this time, thinking everyone will buy it.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Onnasucs1(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
With this Atiku's promise, Buhari will quickly do all he can for ASUU to call off the strike
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Reelmii: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
na today... e don tey
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by frowland(m): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
Afamed:

Atiku can only deceive Indomie generation like you. I vividly remember, in 1999 when I was in University. This was the tenure Obasanjo and Atiku were in power. The ASUU strike lasted for 5months. Again in 2001 while the same Obasanjo and Atiku still in power, another ASUU strike was on call on, which didn't end until after 3months.. Fast forward , when I was writing my final project in 2003. ASUU was also on another strike which lasted for another 6 months. All these period were during the Obasanjo/ Atiku era. To add injury to the poor Nigerian students during their time, both Obasanjo and Atiku were selling Nigeria assets to build their private Universities. Atiku can only fool Indomie generation
You said it all. Most who comment here have no idea. L left school 2005, and we all knew what we went through back then in the hands of OBJ and Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by BluntBoy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
FearGodinall:
. Government is not rocket per say but here we are talking about 60B to end ASSU strike. Be sincere to yourself,is Buhari a serious leader.

You people just think money is lying around and that they can be picked up and used to settle any problem even if that amount is not captured in the budget.

This same Atiku alongside his boss destroyed our public universities.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by odi1278(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
Shut your mouth. Atiku was not the President so you cannot blame him for that mess. I strongly believe Still will do well in Education sector and jobs creation. Get your pvc and vote Atiku. You and your family will never regret it.
Afamed:

Atiku can only deceive Indomie generation like you. I vividly remember, in 1999 when I was in University. This was the tenure Obasanjo and Atiku were in power. The ASUU strike lasted for 5months. Again in 2001 while the same Obasanjo and Atiku still in power, another ASUU strike was on call on, which didn't end until after 3months.. Fast forward , when I was writing my final project in 2003. ASUU was also on another strike which lasted for another 6 months. All these period were during the Obasanjo/ Atiku era. To add injury to the poor Nigerian students during their time, both Obasanjo and Atiku were selling Nigeria assets to build their private Universities. Atiku can only fool Indomie generation

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by mayorhy: 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:

That is the instruction if our leader mazi nnamdi kanu

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by BluntBoy(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
deboysben:
which one has buhari build

Some people are bond to be foolish

It is better not to have a university than to have one that has exorbitant fees.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Xmichael1(m): 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
Atikulated
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by BluntBoy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
odi1278:
Shut your mouth. Atiku was not the President so you cannot blame him for that mess. I strongly believe Still will do well in Education sector and jobs creation. Get your pvc and vote Atiku. You and your family will never regret it.

The same Atiku who alongside his boss destroyed our public universities to float their own universities?
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Koralords: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
magoo10:
Despite contesting for the post several times it took buhari 6 whole months to appoint ministers. Which other dementia can be more than that
It also took them 3 and half years to stop blaming pdp for everything that's was one of the most annoying thing that made me regret voting apc then
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by michoim(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
Does that make you less of a thief
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Heavance(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
As if there was no strike when he was the vice-president back then. Oga even built his university, while his boss (Obj) built his as well.
Everyone keeps insulting GEJ, but thank God he followed Yaradua's footstep in making sure more Federal universities were born, instead of building his private uni.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Tonimanze(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
He's ready to hit the ground running. And of course positive results would be expected.
Meanwhile if you want to make money online check my signature.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by ejimatic: 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
Limitednow:
Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If Elected President

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/atiku-promises-to-end-ASUU-strike-name-cabinet-on-first-day-in-office-if-elected-president/
. Funny campaigns for gullible people....Between 1999 and 2007 I know the no of times ASU went on strike.Atiku was VP OBJ was president.... what did they do? Pls come back in 2031 .That is when north is coming back for presidency......
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by lakesider(m): 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
All this people are always banking on stupidity of some Nigerians..
ASUU was on strike for 9month when atiku was Vp
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by akdjr(m): 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
To end ASSU strike in Biafra or Cameron? I am not understanding.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by humberjade: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
Really? grin

I remember vividly spending over 5 years in d university for a 4 year degree prog during d OBJ/Atiku administration due to ASUU's incessant strikes.

He even said he would constantly budget 20% for Education....isokay grin grin grin grin

This man will say anything to win.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Sheriman(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
See Atiku Our Incoming President... He will End ASUU see what is now using to Campaign.. He can not even boost of how he want to annexed our Potentials in advancing better in technology and Vocational training turning Nigeria into an Industrialized Manufacturing Economy.. Making Agriculture an Embracing Profession with the use of Mechanized Farming across the whole Country..
Making Sport as an Employment Opportunities for all Youths who can participate in Sport like Other Developed Countries..
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by madridsta007(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
[s]
Imortal001:
[/s]

Nigerians take a fit and healthy man over someone that needs a hospital home to treat his dementia.

Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again.
Say NO to another 4 Years of hardship, recession and lifelessness.
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Sheriman(m): 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2019
See Atiku Our Incoming President... He will End ASUU Stike.. see what is now using to Campaign.. He can not even boost of how he want to annexed our Potentials in advancing better in technology and Vocational training turning Nigeria into an Industrialized Manufacturing Economy.. Making Agriculture an Embracing Profession with the use of Mechanized Farming across the whole Country..
Making Sport as an Employment Opportunities for all Youths who can participate in Sport like Other Developed Countries..
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Sheriman(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
See Atiku Our Incoming President... He will End ASUU Stike.. see what he is now using to Campaign.. He can not even boost of how he want to annexed our Potentials in advancing better in technology and Vocational training turning Nigeria into an Industrialized Manufacturing Economy.. Making Agriculture an Embracing Profession with the use of Mechanized Farming across the whole Country..
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Oogway: 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
1. 1999
After the end of the military era in 1999, Nigerians ushered in democracy and a government that promised to be people oriented. But it didn't take long for Nigerian students to experience a disruption in their academic pursuit. Few months after the Obasanjo-Atiku administration was sworn-in, ASUU embarked on a nationwide strike and it lasted for five months.
2. 2001
In 2001, ASUU declared another strike over the reinstatement of 49 lecturers sacked at the University of Ilorin. The industrial action was aggravated when the then President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo described Nigerian university lecturers as "a bunch of lazy and ungrateful people" The strike was called off after three months.
3. 2002
Having had an agreement with the Obasanjo-Atiku Federal Government during the previous strike, the union was forced to embark on another industrial action on Sunday, December 29, 2002, after the Obasanjo-Atiku administration failed to implement the agreement. The strike lasted for only two weeks.
4. 2003
In 2003, Nigerian university undergraduates had to stay at home again for six months as ASUU embarked on another industrial action due to the non-implementation of previous agreements by the Obasanjo-Atiku government, which covers poor university funding and disparity in salary and retirement age.
5. 2005
Nigerian university students again experienced another disruption in their academic calendars as universities lecturers went on another industrial action. The lecturers went on strike for two weeks.
6. 2006
In April 2006 academic activities were paralysed in all public universities across the country when ASUU declared a 3-day warning strike. It eventually lasted for one week.
7. 2007
The 2006 industrial action was followed by another on March 26, 2007. The strike lasted for three months. The reasons for the strike was pretty much the same reasons for the previous strike.

All this Occurred during Atiku's 8year stay as Vice President, now suddenly because he's campaigning and needs students' votes he'll end ASUU strike in a day.
Voters should be wise

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by theoldpretender(m): 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
deboysben:
The truth is that Atiku is always education friendly

A man that value cow more than education shouldn't be allowed to continue

1.50billion won't sort the ASUU strike issue.

Universites need at least N1.1trillion...over the enxt five years. Even if bubu gave them N50bn, it won't solve the problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Students Charged For Attacking Malaysian Pokice Officers (Photos) / Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate / Shangisa Landlords Responsible For Magodo Take-Over, Not Lagos Govt Or Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.