Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili (2625 Views)

I Was Deceived By BVAS — Ikpeazu / "The Nigeria Air MUST FAIL" - Oby Ezekwesili / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Enyibaba: 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili

Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili has blamed her decision to run for presidency on the platform of her now estranged party, the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria, ACPN, on an error of judgement on her part...

See Full Details Here
http://www.theeasterntelegraph.com/2019/02/i-was-deceived-into-running-for.html?m=1
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Nbote(m): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
She don dey start true confessions.. Na ur APC paymasters na we know

3 Likes

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Afamed: 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lol
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by baralatie(m): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
okay
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by NobleAngell(f): 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
You are just confused at your age. When you don't know where you're going, everywhere looks like it.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Richdad50(m): 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Silly Obi

2 Likes

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by NwaNimo1(m): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
Useless woman.... Your own craze shah.

1 Like

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by budaatum: 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
The poor woman was naive if she didn't know they were 419ing her!

“First, they assumed that I was one of those who served in government and had a stash of looted public funds hidden somewhere to expend on the elections. When they realized that was not the case, they made a second wrong assumption by believing that I would be willing to go and obtain foreign cash to prosecute my Campaign"

The leadership of the Party became frustrated that I was not using my global network to get some countries, organizations and foreigners to donate money to their Party like the APC and PDP do. The more I told them that I was committed to abide strictly to the provisions of the Electoral Act and INEC rules on campaign finance and was not going to negotiate that in order to satisfy their monetary demands, the more frustrated they became.

“In all these, the options before me were clear. I could give in to the ACPN’s desperation and use any means necessary to satisfy those fellows or I could uphold my values and leave their fold. I could succumb to their pressure, pretend as though I did not see how utterly corrupt their ransom demands were and continue with the campaign or I could step up at great personal cost to myself, and say ENOUGH.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Gulher: 2:13am On Feb 05, 2019
The kind of greed that pushes these old politicians...
I wonder if they know they will die and leave everything behind

1 Like

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by anochuko01(m): 4:17am On Feb 05, 2019
greed is in everyone's blood jaree.
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Biodun556(m): 4:30am On Feb 05, 2019
Where is the donation given to you for campaign?

Could you please return the money since you are no longer interested?
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by peacettw: 5:04am On Feb 05, 2019
Nothing is as unsettling as seeing a supposedly matured individual blaming others for their own mistakes. It can be quite unattractive.

1 Like

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by Definitive(m): 5:47am On Feb 05, 2019
budaatum:
The poor woman was naive if she didn't know they were 419ing her!

“First, they assumed that I was one of those who served in government and had a stash of looted public funds hidden somewhere to expend on the elections. When they realized that was not the case, they made a second wrong assumption by believing that I would be willing to go and obtain foreign cash to prosecute my Campaign"

The leadership of the Party became frustrated that I was not using my global network to get some countries, organizations and foreigners to donate money to their Party like the APC and PDP do. The more I told them that I was committed to abide strictly to the provisions of the Electoral Act and INEC rules on campaign finance and was not going to negotiate that in order to satisfy their monetary demands, the more frustrated they became.

“In all these, the options before me were clear. I could give in to the ACPN’s desperation and use any means necessary to satisfy those fellows or I could uphold my values and leave their fold. I could succumb to their pressure, pretend as though I did not see how utterly corrupt their ransom demands were and continue with the campaign or I could step up at great personal cost to myself, and say ENOUGH.

I hope (Pastor!) Oby now understands (Nigerian/black African) politics better! I hope she would apply this experience when next she opens her mouth to blame the government.

She didn't win elections o. One political party simply made her "emergency" presidential candidate without any known party convention issues - yet she was obviously harried being the scenes.

She saw the corrupt waters that those who become President of Nigeria have to transverse before nearing Aso Rock and she ran. Did she ever think she was going to win the Presidential elections because of those who relate with get on twitter or similar suicidal media? Those people don't have PVCs, and if they do, they wouldn't go through the risks of polling booths and electoral violence.

That's why she should praise the government that have succeeded through these political party issues, won elections and invited a "saint" like her to come and run a ministry.

Oby should face reality add help Nigerians and herself by telling the world the Nigerian reality at the several levels she knows it, this being one of them.

To imagine that her former party has now turned to support Mr Buhari only tells us re enormity of moral and mental burden the President has to bear, whether he wishes it or not, yet the Daura man and his short lawyer deputy would continue to surge on despite the enormous challenges, as they try to lead Nigeria to the Next Level.
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by focus7: 7:27am On Feb 05, 2019
Obi is confused.

She told us her father had prepared her for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by DonHummer(m): 7:49am On Feb 05, 2019
I keep saying it that we Nigerians are the problem not party. Cause no matter the party, the individuals involved are still a product of this environment. look at the kind of mind set a new party has. There is no passion for the country just personal gains. God help us in this coming elections, too many bad options to chose from but buhari is not even an option.
Re: I Was Deceived To Run For Presidency ~ Oby Ezekwesili by budaatum: 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
Please, when my bubu wins, insha allah Jesus Christ amen, I would like you to help put his feet to the fire so that a time will eventually come when the system becomes cleaner and reputable people like this woman (I assume) can be the sort of people we vote for. Until then, the hope is to keep the worst crooks out.

Atiku has no bearing of "the enormity of moral and mental burden" required. He is in fact immorality and the burden personified!

And thank you!

Definitive:

I hope (Pastor!) Oby now understands (Nigerian/black African) politics better! I hope she would apply this experience when next she opens her mouth to blame the government.

She didn't win elections o. One political party simply made her "emergency" presidential candidate without any known party convention issues - yet she was obviously harried being the scenes.

She saw the corrupt waters that those who become President of Nigeria have to transverse before nearing Aso Rock and she ran. Did she ever think she was going to win the Presidential elections because of those who relate with get on twitter or similar suicidal media? Those people don't have PVCs, and if they do, they wouldn't go through the risks of polling booths and electoral violence.

That's why she should praise the government that have succeeded through these political party issues, won elections and invited a "saint" like her to come and run a ministry.

Oby should face reality add help Nigerians and herself by telling the world the Nigerian reality at the several levels she knows it, this being one of them.

To imagine that her former party has now turned to support Mr Buhari only tells us the enormity of moral and mental burden the President has to bear, whether he wishes it or not, yet the Daura man and his short lawyer deputy would continue to surge on despite the enormous challenges, as they try to lead Nigeria to the Next Level.

(1) (Reply)

Femi Kayode Finished Emmanuel Macron In His Tweet / Yoruba People Please Stop Killing Innocent Hausas / IPOB Agitation Is Justified Because Of Ill-treatment - Bianca Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.