Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? (1183 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? / Orunmila Jogbodo Oluwo: An Educated Babalawo (Native Doctor) Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by MissRaine69(f): 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
In the 21st century this sort of mindset still prevails? How do we progress when we still do this to our children?
A whole family is now facing imprisonment? Because modern medicine has no place in religion is this the case?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6666053/Parents-five-brothers-marketing-consultant-26.html

1 Like

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by BluntBoy(m): 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
MissRaine69:

In the 21st century this sort of mindset still prevails? How do we progress when we still do this to our children?
A whole family is now facing imprisonment? Because modern medicine has no place in religion is this the case?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6666053/Parents-five-brothers-marketing-consultant-26.html

More like modern medicine has no place in religious fundamentalism.
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by Aaronsrod: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
How can we make wise decisions if we do not fear God's punishment or Satans devious schemes to control our minds.

This is the beginning of true intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by BluntBoy(m): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
Aaronsrod:
How can we make wise decisions if we do not fear God's punishment or Satans devious schemes to control our minds.

True intelligence comes from freedom and not out of fear of punishment.

Why should making decisions be tied to the fear of God's punishment? Do you also go to the church because you are scared of God's punishment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by Aaronsrod: 12:06am On Feb 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

Do you also go to the church because you are scared of God's punishment?

What is this one saying?

Don't you fear Hellfire?

Why else do you worship

3 Likes

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by BluntBoy(m): 12:15am On Feb 05, 2019
Aaronsrod:

What is this one saying?

Don't you fear Hellfire?

Why else do you worship

I don't fear hellfire. My love for God is genuine and not forced. It is a perfect love and there is no fear in perfect love.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)

If you worship God in spirit and in truth, fear would be driven out of your life.

1 Like

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by MJBOLT: 1:19am On Feb 05, 2019
zombietian spotted,always living in constant fear.

Cc frosbel2

Aaronsrod:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

True intelligence comes from freedom and not out of fear of punishment.

Why should making decisions be tied to the fear of God's punishment? Do you also go to the church because you are scared of God's punishment?

YES.
IMAGINARY REWARDS IF THEY BELIEVE, AND IMAGINARY PUNISHMENTS IF THEY DON'T, IS WHAT KEEPS CHRISTIANS GLUED TO THEIR NO-SENSE GOD CONCEPT.

NOBODY TRULY HAS A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS SO CALLED GOD. THEIR FRIENDSHIP AND "LOVE" IS BRED BY FEAR AND IGNORANCE. NOTHING PERSONAL. JUST TRUCKLOADS OF TRASH THEY LEARNT FROM RELIGIOUS PEOPLE THAT RAISED THEM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

That is not how exorcism is done. That is pure abuse.
By the way, this media people (or trolls?) hardly write about thousands of successful exorcism.

Whether we accept it or not, Millions of people suffer from demonic possession without even knowing it. Psychiatrist do not cure these people. They only help close the doorway temporarily.
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2019
Demons can make you have headache, the headache can easily be treated with paracetamol but the demons still remain.
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by HappyPagan: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Demons can make you have headache, the headache can easily be treated with paracetamol but the demons still remain.
True. I get headaches whenever I read your posts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2019
HappyPagan:

I am not against the fact that most headaches and diseases are of natural causes.
Some are unexplainable and can be of supernatural origin.
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by HappyPagan: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I am not against the fact that most headaches and diseases are of natural causes.
All.

OpenYourEyes1:

Some are unexplainable and can be of supernatural origin.
You have no explanations. You don't understand them - that doesn't make them supernatural. No harm in admitting ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 9:08am On Feb 05, 2019
HappyPagan:

All.

You have no explanations. You don't understand them - that doesn't make them supernatural. No harm in admitting ignorance.

This is supernatural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwha2p2KzR8
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 9:12am On Feb 05, 2019
HappyPagan:

All.

This can be either natural or supernatural

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atHpe-m4C4I
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:52am On Feb 05, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

HappyPagan:

I HAVE CANCER BECAUSE OF HIS POSTS. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by hopefulLandlord: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I HAVE CANCER BECAUSE OF HIS POSTS. undecided

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. till now I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because OpenYourEyes1's posts gave me cancer anyway.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:05am On Feb 05, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. till now I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because OpenYourEyes1's posts gave me cancer anyway.

grin CAN'T BELIEVE I TOOK THIS SERIOUSLY INITIALLY cheesy

1 Like

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 05, 2019
Human are dumb by default, be you educated or illiterate. The real intelligence is in doubting everything and ask questions. Socrates who was termed the wisest person to ever lived didn't do more than doubting everything and asking questions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by hahn(m): 11:25am On Feb 05, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

This is supernatural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwha2p2KzR8

This is obviously staged.

TBJ is getting better each year with these staged miracles

3 Likes

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by hopefulLandlord: 11:44am On Feb 05, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

grin CAN'T BELIEVE I TOOK THIS SERIOUSLY INITIALLY cheesy

Its a popular reddit copypasta
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
hahn:

This is obviously staged.

TBJ is getting better each year with these staged miracles

Well , I challenge you atheists to investigate the miracles.
Visit the homes of these people. Find out if the miracles are real or not. What do we have the unbelievers/skeptics for? Do your job.

I believe some of these pastors have lots of enemies around... If they wanted the pastor disgraced, they would spy on the miracles to expose them.

So why is no one investigating?
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by hahn(m): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Well , I challenge you atheists to investigate the miracles.
Visit the homes of these people. Find out if the miracles are real or not. What do we have the unbelievers/skeptics for? Do your job.

I believe some of these pastors have lots of enemies around... If they wanted the pastor disgraced, they would spy on the miracles to expose them.

So why is no one investigating?

Because people have investigated already and it turned out to be fake but you delusional twits keep believing

Someone on this forum investigated Oyakhilome's healing school and found out it was all fake but as usual you deludies insist on remaining dumb

3 Likes

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by OpenYourEyes1: 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2019
hahn:

Because people have investigated already and it turned out to be fake but you keep believing

Someone on this forum investigated Oyakhilome's healing school and found out it was all fake but as usual you deludies insist on remaining dumb

Where are the investigations? Post them here.

No oyakhilome. I have never gone through his stuff. I do not know him very much.
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by BluntBoy(m): 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YES.
IMAGINARY REWARDS IF THEY BELIEVE, AND IMAGINARY PUNISHMENTS IF THEY DON'T, IS WHAT KEEPS CHRISTIANS GLUED TO THEIR NO-SENSE GOD CONCEPT.

NOBODY TRULY HAS A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS SO CALLED GOD. THEIR FRIENDSHIP AND "LOVE" IS BRED BY FEAR AND IGNORANCE. NOTHING PERSONAL. JUST TRUCKLOADS OF TRASH THEY LEARNT FROM RELIGIOUS PEOPLE THAT RAISED THEM.

You are right. They are scared even of their own shadows. 2000 Bibles, crucifixes, pastors' pictures in one small room is never enough for the Christian inhabiting that room. A small sound is enough to make them wet their pants.

It is this constant fear that businessmen in suits use to part these Christians from their money. Fear of hell, fear of devourers, fear of criticizing self-acclaimed men of God, fear of poverty are some of the many tools that thieves in suits use to mercilessly plunder the church. It is just sad.

1 Like

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

You are right. They are scared even of their own shadows. 2000 Bibles, crucifixes, pastors' pictures in one small room is never enough for the Christian inhabiting that room. A small sound is enough to make them wet their pants.

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE GOD HAS ALREADY MADE PLANS FOR THEM, AND THAT HE IS ALWAYS WITH THEM EVERYWHERE.

BUT SOMEHOW, THEY'RE NOT TRULY CONVINCED THAT THEIR BELIEF IS TRUE (EVEN THOUGH THEY HATE TO ADMIT THIS) WHICH IS WHY A CHRISTIAN WHO BELIEVES THAT (S)HE ALREADY HAS GOD'S DIVINE PROTECTION INSTALLED PERMANENTLY GOES OUT WITH A ROSARY ON THEIR NECKS AND FINGERS AND A ST. MICHEAL'S PROTECTION BOOKLET IN THEIR POCKETS ON THE WAY TO BUY HOLY WATER AND ANOINTING OIL FROM CHURCH. SAME CHRISTIAN HAS 3 STICKERS FROM THREE DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS ON HIS/HER CAR BODY. SAME CHRISTIAN SPRAYS THE ENTIRE HOUSE WITH HOLY WATER, BURNS INCENSE, BEFORE SLEEPING WITH THE BIBLE UNDER HIS/HER PILLOW.
SAME CHRISTIAN RUNS TO A BABALAWO AFTER SUNDAY SERVICE WHEN (S)HE IS NOT GETTING SPEEDY REPLIES FROM THE PASTOR.
SAME CHRISTIAN GETS PETRIFIED AT THE SIGHT OF RATS AND CATS, OR UNIDENTIFIABLE SHADOWS WHEN ITS DARK IN THE COMPOUND.
WITH ALL THE FORTIFICATIONS FROM BOTH MAN AND GOD THIS SAME CHRISTIAN IS ALWAYS WORRIED THAT HIS/HER NEIGHBORS WANT HIM/HER DEAD, OR THAT (S)HE MAY DIE IN AN ACCIDENT THE NEXT DAY.
THIS PERSON "BELIEVES" GOD HAS PLANS FOR HIM BUT SOMEHOW DOESN'T KNOW THESE PLANS UP TO A HUNDRED PERCENT, AND ALSO DOESN'T TRUST THESE PLANS SO (S)HE GOT TO ALWAYS PRAY AND SEEK REVELATIONS FROM PASTORS AND PRIESTS.

WHY ARE CHRISTIANS ALWAYS AFRAID (OF NONSENSE)?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by Martinez39(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

You are not alone. The very same cancer I have been running away from and taking great cautions is what OpenYourEyes1's post has given me. My doctors said I now have six days to live. cry

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by Martinez39(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by Martinez39(m): 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
I am not trying to downgrade certificates and academic qualifications but I have seen people with PhD, MSc, BSc, MBBS, BDS etc. that think and say stupid things that a layman isn't expected to say.
Re: Educated But Not Intelligent, Where Does Common Sense Begin? by CoolUsername: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
Martinez39:
I am not trying to downgrade certificates and academic qualifications but I have seen people with PhD, MSc, BSc, MBBS, BDS etc. that think and say stupid things that a layman isn't expected to say.

Being good in a particular field doesn't necessarily mean you are good in others,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Gives Nigerian Returnees From South Africa N12m! / True Story About The Reverend Father That Died In His Car. / How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.