Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (1177 Views)

What GOD Reveal To Me Concerning The World / Does God Choose A Spouse For You? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Casemiro(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
Please I need clear answers, not some random quoting up and down.

As advised, one should seek the face of God while looking for a life partner.

The question here is, how exactly will God reveal this partner to you?

Will you be shown a clear picture of the person in a dream or vision?

will the name be written for you?

I'm confused
Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Ammishaddai: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hahaha...good question. Make I park my moto here. grin
Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Romanoff(f): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
Depends on how God speaks to you.

That's why as a Christian, you need to grow to the point of knowing how God speaks to you.

For some, it's through dreams, some others through praying in the spirit, some others actually here the still small voice, some just have peace after praying about something.

It's called praying through.

All the times I've prayed about relationships and I always pray it with my mum, God reveals something to us through dreams, most times, I was stubborn sha.

Till the break up will happen, that's when I'll remember the dream I had and it would be for the same reasons the dream showed me.

Some people say God chose their spouses, some people just pray about who they intend to marry and get a go ahead or a danger signal from God.

If you don't ask God, He won't bother you. That's not to say some people who didn't even pray didnt end up with decent spouses but if God gives you a go ahead about someone, know that you can be rest assured that marriage will succeed if you no use your own hand spoil am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Kobojunkiee: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
Casemiro:
I'm confused
Has God ever spoken to you about anything else before? undecided

For example, did you consult God before you dated the first guy or gal you ever went out with or any of the others? undecided

Did you consult God as far as which university to apply to or what major to go for ? Or what car to purchase? Or which apartment to rent? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by doggedfighter(f): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
By how rich and handsome he's

Or how beautiful she's grin

Every claim of dreams or vision or hearing a voice is arrant nonsense
Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by shadeyinka(m): 6:31am On Apr 19, 2021
Casemiro:

I'm confused
God doesn't choose a spouse for you. God guides you against making long lasting mistakes.

1. You find a wife material based on "sound mind"

Prov 18:22:
"Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor of the LORD."

2Tim 1:7:
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

2. You lean not on your own understanding in acknowledging God for His accent or rejection of your choice
Prov 3:5-6:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths."

3. You make your final decision based on 1 and 2 above.

God doesn't care about a few things
a. Educational Qualifications
b. Physical Beauty or Handsomeness
c. Wealth or Potential for it
d. Physical and Internal Organ Disabilities
e. Ethnicity or Nationality

God cares if the person is His child or not.
God cares if the person will aid or destabilise your spiritual future

The question to you then is, how has God been guiding you on other issues of your life?

1 Like

Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Ihedinobi3: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2021
Casemiro:

I'm confused

Hello.

I'm a pastor-teacher, and as a Christian, I have read the Bible through a few times, as is the job of every Christian. Also, in order to become a pastor-teacher, one must not only be very familiar with the Scriptures, they must also have learned Bible teaching thoroughly from another qualified teacher and, best case scenario, been trained in ancient history, church history, original languages, textual criticism, and other tools useful for properly understanding and interpreting Bible truths. I have some training in some of these things in addition to my spiritual training.

It is on the basis of this qualification as a pastor-teacher that I say to you that I have never seen it anywhere in the Bible that God chooses spouses for people.

To be clear, it is true that God has a plan for each of us. There is always something that God has prepared for us and to which He wants to bring us if we are willing, but we each get what we choose.

If the issue is how we can choose the best that God has prepared for us, then the question is how well we know God. This question is important because God will never override our free will. This is what most Pentecostals ignore today in their wild theology. The idea that God leads us by the nose to things or that He reveals things supernaturally to us in order to show us His Will is quite mistaken.

God does reveal His Will to us. . .in the Scriptures. He tells us about Himself in the Bible. Learning about Him helps us to understand what His Plan for us collectively and individually is. Because God actually wants us to organically choose His Will for us, He does not generally address specifics in the Bible or even through direct revelation to us. If we are diligent in seeking Him and learning about Him, we will grow better and better at figuring out what He wants and doing it willingly.

Consider the joy of having your spouse or parents or friends or siblings give you something you want as a gift without their having to ask you. The source of this joy is the affirmation of their attention to you and their knowledge of you. This is exactly the kind of relationship that God is building with us. We have the Holy Spirit inside of us especially to facilitate this. He helps us to understand God so that we can do the things that please Him.

So, in the matter of knowing who the spouse that God has prepared for you is, the Bible only teaches you to seek out fellow believers especially those who share the same zealous attitude you have for the truth (if you have such an attitude). I have very little reason to advise you to trust that God will show you anything more specific than that regarding your spouse, not in the manner you mean, at least.

He may certainly show you--if you are walking closely with Him--that a certain candidate is His Will for you by drawing your attention to certain qualities of theirs or by granting you a reluctance to discount them because of certain preferences you may have in your taste in the opposite sex.

The Lord can certainly do anything at all, but the Scriptures lead me to think that He is probably not going to give you visions, dreams, or other supernatural communication about who they will marry.

Wishing for your peace in this matter.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by obonujoker(m): 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Where did you see God choosing spouses for people??
Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
Casemiro:

I'm confused

Have you heard about the saying, "if God is committed, He is responsible"

God can't from heaven and show you your spouse but putting God first in whatever you do He will lead you and direct you.

if you found a woman to marry and ask God to direct you, He will show you a sign. if it is the will of God for you to marry your fiance everything will start working perfectly, doors shall open for you the moment you have her in your life, everything keep moving well for you, but if you put God first and it's not the will of God for you to marry your fiance, you will keep on having problems with her and nothing will ever work between both of you......
Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Casemiro:

I'm confused

The Law is "Flesh (physical) profiteth Nothing!"

You are spirit and God is spirit too and it is ONLY THERE, you can hear Him under The Law of "Our Father, Which Art in Heaven (spirit)!.

Heaven (spirit) is the headquarters of the earth (physical) and rules over it.
Re: How Exactly Does God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
Casemiro:

I'm confused

The Law is "Flesh (physical) profiteth Nothing!"

You are spirit and God is spirit too and it is ONLY THERE, you can hear Him under The Law of "Our Father, Which Art in Heaven (spirit)!.

Heaven (spirit) is the headquarters of the earth (physical) and rules over it.

That is how we know Everything, including finding our spouse!

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity About To Collapse? Israel Approves LGBTQ Surrogacy / Religion: Biggest Forum On Nairaland? / Have You Heard About Daystar Christian Centre.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.