Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords (31578 Views)

Bloodbath: 185,450 Crypto Investors Lose All Their Funds As Bitcoin Drops To $38 / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N11.52bn In Five Days / Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by MARKETfund: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
Thanks bro @ Datazone
Really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by kenostika(m): 8:03am On Feb 06, 2019
This CEO seem to have faked his own death to run away with $146m USD of clients.

Gerald Cotten, CEO of Canadian crypto exchange giant Quadriga CX who allegedly died with password that hold $146 million worth of clients crypto asset, now the company claimed they can't pay their clients

I don't buy this:

Why his crypto company took one full month to reveal his death?

Why he filled his "will " 12 days before his death?

Why he happen to die at a poor state of Jaipur, India not his own country Canada? Yah a poor state like that with $1m you can pretty bribe your way up to the highest office.

Why his death only being confirmed with death certificate?, where is the grave? Coffin, body etc? I don't care if its government who confirmed it , government don't request to see dead body they only take funeral undertaker report or forensic report, like a said in a small poor state of Jaipur you can get pretty anything trust me.£

He is 30 and already died? ��

The guy is 30, own yacht, private jet and several properties which he left his wife as sole executor. ��

Whsts your take ?

2 Likes

Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by ggrin(f): 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
asumo12:
Eran lo...
booda asumo grin grin
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by asumo12: 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
ggrin:
booda asumo grin grin

Ogbeni ggrin
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by ggrin(f): 10:08am On Apr 10, 2019
asumo12:

Ogbeni ggrin
agbalagba

Ur face scarce o grin
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by asumo12: 10:16am On Apr 10, 2019
ggrin:
agbalagba

Ur face scarce o grin

Babami naxo oooo! Man must watch sometimes na... grin
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by ggrin(f): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
asumo12:

Babami naxo oooo! Man must watch sometimes na... grin
nazo o broda mi grin

How work na? Iyawo wa nko? undecided
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by asumo12: 11:45am On Apr 14, 2019
ggrin:
nazo o broda mi grin

Work dey oooo

KingTom don carry iyawo wa lo oooo
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by TommyAnthem(m): 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
Of course, there's this buzz going round in the crypto world that he might have faked his death to defraud his teeming customers, one of the high points of the suspicion was where he died, a town in India notorious for dishing out fake death certificates to anyone just for a token of rupees. A lot of shady personalities from different nationalities have actually patronised this town for such things in the past. All this issue of inability to retrieve password is just a grand plan to defraud unsuspecting customers right from the onset. Even heard he willed so much
money to his dog.
dominique:
I don't believe this. Is there any system in this world where a person controls the passwords? How can one person be in control of hundreds of passwords and there's no retrieve password option in case one forgets it? There's serious foul play going on here. I won't be surprised if the owner of the wallet faked his own death and absconded with their money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by dianadsouza: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
MARKETfund:

Bro pls what do you suggest those of us that are holding alternate coins in some of these trading sites do?

selling them is not an option cos am down with over 85% since last year.

Well! I hope you might have heard about the Cryptopia Exchange Hack. But do you know how was it hacked and its current situation?
The funds were moved from the platform’s two hot wallets, one had Ethereum [ETH] and the other had ERC20 tokens, on January 13, 2019, 1:28 PM GMT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by asumo12: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
wink
ggrin:
nazo o broda mi grin

Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by dvd(f): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
Joegift:
Please is forex trading a good biz to venture into?

Yes check my forex education thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5450904/learn-trade-forex-thread#82803342

Got some resources on my Telegram channel as well @thinksmartfx
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by AlphaSoul: 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
PG1:Feb 5 2019
This year has been a bad one for cryptocurrency, QuadrigaCX dies and Cryptopia was hacked 3 weeks ago. Both exchanges have been locked down.

I urge every Nairalander who's a trader on any exchange to move the currency to a wallet that they have control of the private key and trade with only a portion. Read their ToS and you'll see that in case of a hack (or exit scam) they are not liable. They will pay creditors first before their customers even if the case drags on. Don't be a fool
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by FxExpo(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2021
Please someone should call me Clara, the Mordsith so she can bring him back to life
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by BlueAir: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2021
grin bring his body come naija na. I trust Yoruba Baba's to wake him dead body up if they hear $190m in naira grin
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by BlueAir: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2021
grin no need. Bring the dead body come ogun state grin
FxExpo:
Please someone should call me Clara, the Mordsith so she can bring him back to life
Re: Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords by jpride(m): 7:59am On Apr 06, 2021
Participate in this very promising airdrop now. You can withdraw it now https:///Alchemix_round1_airdrop_bot?start=r0591324473[color=#550000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buying Shares in Nigeria: Companies, Stock Market Trends, & Opportunities / Follow Me On My low Cost House Building Journey(highest ROI / Please If You Have Any GOOD Means Of Earning Online Please Do Share With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.