Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? (43929 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
sammy99:

physiotherapy is also a nice course,its jst d way pple view it as a course dat deals with treating mad pple,but its beyond dat

i think d course will b competing with medicine now as a result of d approval of doctor of physiotherapy making it equal to medicine.

Wer u will enjoy d course very well is outside d country.
Physiotherapy? Mad people? Uncle!!!!!!! Nawa o
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2019
vickthorious:
am just hearing radiography up n dan
am an art student tho ..i have biology in my waec can i study radiography or any lucrative course u guys mentioned
need a reply thanks
or besides any lucrative art subject am considering theater arts tho ...let the enlightened speak thanks
Fine arts, if you talented. Self employment with mad money.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
d33types:

Housemanship?

Do you think there's no difference between internship and housemanship? These doctor Wannabees
shut up and grow up. Empty heads on white overall

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
d33types:

The same hapless entry level doctors will goto the UK and earn more than 3x your sibling who has a masters
Those who cant pass ordinary plab? Dey dont even bother for usmle
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
daveemuobo:

yes o .there are even consultant cleaners on google but unfortunately for you, this is Nigeria. Kiss the truth
Always looking foe how to form superiority. Dullards who cant pass simple plab.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by sammy99(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2019
camobri:
Physiotherapy? Mad people? Uncle!!!!!!! Nawa o
read my comment very well and stop misquoting me.
I said its pple's view(those dat do not know abt it) not mine.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by arinzos(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2019
camobri:

Which stupid med lab? Over saturated. I wanted my bro to do radiography but he hated anything biology. Abeg, continue with your radiography and learn how to ne diligent so you learn the techniques well. Got a friend doing well from it and highly respected. Consultants Doctors always want him to work with them. If he is. Ot on duty, they wait till he resumes and rush him. His colleaques hate him but who dem epp? So you need to be good not just having the degree
How dare you call MedLab stupid??
What course are you studing/studied??

Guy jst cool down.
Don't allow people decieve you.if MLS is saturated,then others are saturated too.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2019
sammy99:

read my comment very well and stop misquoting me.

I said its pple's view(those dat do not know abt it) not mine.
Uncle, nobody make such assumption. Is you say psychiatrist ehn ehn
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by FlyingTOMATOE: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2019
chihes:
All courses are still good. Every other thing you see is hard work and destiny.
accurate

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by daveemuobo(m): 12:15am On Feb 27, 2019
camobri:

Always looking foe how to form superiority. Dullards who cant pass simple plab.
e pain am
grin grin grin
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by winemed: 12:48am On Feb 27, 2019
Sandwich admission 208/2019 session UNILAG

(ICE) The Institute of Continuing Education in collaboration with the Faculty of Education (Sandwich) hereby announces applications for admission into B.Sc.Ed B.A.Ed. and B.Ed. programmes from Friday, 22nd February 2019 till Friday 28th June 2019 in the under-listed

Departments:

ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
Education Business
Education Christian Religious Studies
Education Early Childhood
Education Economics
Education English
Education French
Education Geography
Education History
Education Igbo
Education Islamic Religious Studies
Education Yoruba

ADULT EDUCATION
EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS (GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING)
HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION
Health Education (Mainstream)
Human Kinetics Education
Health Professionals

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
Education Biology
Education Chemistry
Education Home Economics
Education Integrated Science
Education Mathematics
Education Physics
Education Technology
Eligible Candidates:

UNILAG Sandwich Admission For 2018/2019 Session
GENERAL INFORMATION

METHOD OF APPLICATION

The application is in two stages:

STAGE 1:

Log on to JAMB CAP website and register.

Pay a sum of N3, 500 to enable you obtain a JAMB registration number

STAGE 2

Step 1: log on to UNILAG application portal http://applications.unilag.edu.ng

Step 2: Click “Start Fresh Application”

Step 3: Select ICE (Sandwich) as application type, then provide your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, JAMB Registration Number, Mobile Phone Number and E-mail Address.

Step 4: Click the “Pay Now” to pay online the processing fee of N11, 500 (Eleven Thousand Five Hundred Naira only OR Print the payment advice with Remita Number to make payment at any Bank within the University of Lagos

READ MORE .....
https://educatevoice..com/2019/02/sandwich-admission-2082019-session.html
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Skyken99(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
camobri:

Which stupid med lab?
You can still make your point without disrespecting any profession.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by RomanGreen: 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
tayolaiya:
You can study courses on cyber security for free at www.cybrary.it There are also career paths designed for people who want to focus and grow in a particular career, visit https://www.cybrary.it/cyber-security-jobs/

hello dear, can you please point me in the right direction. am having a difficulty enrolling for free course because i cant seem to finf it. all i see is upgrade
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by thesourceboard: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
Acting!!

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
Bianda24:
Philosophy remains the best course to study. By studying it, you won't need to look for job, rather you will be a creator of jobs
How? Its still the same abeg. OK which employer have you seen looking for Philosophy student s? Mind you, not everyone can do entrepreneurship.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
I wanted to be an Engineer and i knew how to repair appliances at home. Back in secondary school, I was a science student in SS1 ohh, I ran to Art class because I no sabi Maths and Chemistry cry cry . which brain I get sef?

Till tomorrow I think this will be one of my biggest regrets...
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Jessydera: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good day all. am a new member of this thread. I initially wanted to study medicine but due to my jamb score I had to change to a course under medical line. By d grace of God,when the school resumes next year, I will be a malabress (university of calabar)and I will be resuming wit dem in the department of radiography and radiological science. so my seniors I would like to really know 1 or 2 things about the course because not everyone like me know about what this profession entails. I would like to know : the years, the main subjects or courses I will encounter and after getting the degree what next.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by IzzyyUnique: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2019
franchasng:
The bolded is very true.

NUC & NBTE need to add some new courses into Nigerian higher institutions and only few private schools should be allowed to run them, courses like:

1.) Software engineering

2.) Cyber security

3.) Biomedical engineering

4.) Robotics

5.) Welding & Fabrication Engineering

6.) Digital Marketing

7.) CNC lathe operation & manufacturing technology

8.) Computer Programming & Coding

9.) STEM engineering

These courses urgently needs to be added to Nigerian school curriculum as they will help boost Nigeria's economy.

STEM is an abbrv for Science, Technology and Engineering Mathematics or Management(not so sure)
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by IzzyyUnique: 12:11am On Oct 20, 2019
Nonybest463:
What of Chemical Engineering...? What do u guys think

Forget what they say, Chemical engineering is the future of engineering. .
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2019
My Brother wants to study Petrochemical and Gas Engineering and I have seen it is quite a lucrative course, but his Jamb score is not up to the cut-off mark required by Unilag. They are offering him Chemistry and he has given up after writing Jamb twice.

At this point doesn't want to attempt writing Jamb anymore.
Kindly advise him. I will show your comments to him, hopefully your advises changes his mind.
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Roysnickz: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2019
akdjr:
A professor once told me that some degree course are becoming unattractive and the earlier people realize it the better their chances of success. It might interest you to know that there are some skills you will acquire within 6month to 1year that will prepare you better off than a graduate who study a related course for 4years?
Can I know one or two of such of such?
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Roysnickz: 9:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Spygadgets19:
I wanted to be an Engineer and i knew how to repair appliances at home. Back in secondary school, I was a science student in SS1 ohh, I ran to Art class because I no sabi Maths and Chemistry cry cry . which brain I get sef?

Engineering is by far very different from repairing appliances. As a matter of fact, no Engineering course repair appliances so that should not be a selling point. That you ran away from sciences because of MTH and CHM is a concern here, else, I could have said you can still do it by going back to write Science subjects in your SSCE. To be an Engineer, must be very good, I repeat, very good in PHY and MTH. I emphasized on being very good cuz if you are average in those, you may graduate and latter regret while you went in for Engineering in the first place. you may be jobless for many years and wish to teach in primary schools around to 10K as a n Engineering graduate. The op asked about lucrative courses and you see people calling Medical related courses but I tell you such are not more lucrative than Engineering courses. The thing here is that Engineering is not an easy area, many people in don't really know it well, the lectures inclusive. Then, though its a lucrative area, should you go in and you are not good enough, even an okada rider might do better than you. Where as, one need to be just average in those medical courses and he/she will be fine

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by akdjr(m): 10:52am On Oct 20, 2019
Religious studies. quote author=Roysnickz post=83298037] Can I know one or two of such of such?[/quote]
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by iceboy4752(m): 10:45am On Nov 24, 2019
akdjr:
Religious studies. quote author=Roysnickz post=83298037] Can I know one or two of such of such?

How is Religious Studies lucrative?
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Mubarakhassan(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
believe me computer science is better cox of world is going with technology in nowadays

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by jaymorgan(m): 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing and Radiography. These are the 4 main courses that are lucrative. Other persons may come up with theirs but the reality speaks volume
also, medical laboratory Science
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
What an informative thread! .
All engineering courses are good..in terms of lucrativity , engineering is number 1..and entry level engineer in O&G earns more than a medical consultant..
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by shiffynaani(m): 9:34am On May 22, 2022
Shila16:
am a radiographer and I can tell u that radiography is the best right now in terms of work flexibility and payout ,I work in 3 different places in a week
morning sir, I'm an aspiring Radiographer at FUOYE. I scored 296 in jamb. Any advice sir?
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by shiffynaani(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2022

bro, don't regret about it. Accept it in good faith so you will be able to move forward

Bad decisions are just too painful. I can relate
Re: What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? by Jii95: 4:29pm On May 23, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Radiography?? Seriously I doubt it.. undecided
Do you really know what they do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rccg Scholaship/bursary / 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor' / Question Paper Of A School In Abuja For Primary Four Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.