Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature (33673 Views)

"I Will Rethink My Scholarship Offer To Mmesomma". / No Be My Nature To Dey Brag - Success Says In New Viral Video / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Nature8(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2019
Nicklaus619:

True, but there is one bad thing about male lion, thy kill all the lioness cub before he take over the pride, but one funny thing is that the lioness don't even resist the alpha males wen they are killing it's cubs... Strange abi?

Hmm, very strange cry

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Fidecoo(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2019
Elijahrona:
No one knows it all. What you thought was true today may just become false tomorrow. There are a few things we know about a few animals but we don't really know if they're true or not. Read this article to learn 5 wrong animal stereotypes we've been using to judge animals

5 wrong animal stereotypes

Lions are the king of the jungle
Lions to many people, represent pride. Pride literally a group of lions. Here are some facts about lions:
*Male lions, when in a pride, mostly relies on the females for food. The females mostly do the hunting
*When male lions become the alpha male of a pride, they kill and (sometimes) eat the cubs of the females impregnated by other males
*Lions don't come first in anything; not in size, strength, speed, niche, etc.
*Most lions aren't found in the jungle or forest. They can be found in grasslands, wildernesses, savannas, etc.
*Other animals fear lions because lions are social animals (strength in numbers), predators and scary

How can lions be the kings of the king of the jungle if they mostly aren't found in the jungle? How can lions represent pride when all they do is sleep, hunt for food and eat? Why don't lions come first in anything? Such kings they are.

Let's talk a little about tigers:
*Tigers are mostly solitary. They only meet each other accidentally or when it's mating time. Although they're solitary, they still hunt successfully and dominate
*They're mostly found in the jungle/forest. In other words, they dominate the forest
*Tigers are the biggest cats
*Their limbs are so strong that if they die standing, they still won't fall

Now, who should be the king of the jungle?

https://www.allbioconcerns.com/2019/02/5-wrong-animal-stereotypes.html
, how many kings they carry hoe go farm or how many kings dey drive their cars themselves or help their wives cook for kitchen?

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by somehow: 8:25am On Feb 06, 2019
Only in a Sprint fight, tigers lack energy to fight for long.they're master strategists!
Tapout:

Lol... But on a more serious note, the lion doesn't really do much to be given that title. Thier strength lies in the pride which consists of mostly lionesses. Unlike other cats that are solitary. A full grown tiger will kill a full grown lion in single combat.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Marleek(m): 8:25am On Feb 06, 2019
Nicklaus619:

True, but there is one bad thing about male lion, thy kill all the lioness cub before he take over the pride, but one funny thing is that the lioness don't even resist the alpha males wen they are killing it's cubs... Strange abi?
Thats wrong tho. The lionesses do protect their cubs from the alpha males. The killing is usually done when the lioness isn't near or watching.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Afonjas: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2019
sassysure:
Lion is exactly like the human kings and queens.
He don't fight unless situation calls for it as the last option and he is fearless.

Als cos he lead a pack in the pride. what other big cats can't do as they live solitary lives.
What makes one a king? Cos you have people u lead. He leads the rest.

So does Lion lead or rule over Tiger?

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by oyi1(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2019
germaphobe:
lazy or not lions still got the respect and fear of other animals not because of it's kingship but because of its courage to face obstacles expecially alpha lions. And even the tiger runs when he fights a lion.

Point of correction. Tigers are the strongest big cat..
There are documentaries on a fight between both males, tiger won

2 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Tonybod: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2019
dhebo:
....it might look as if they are lazy but they are not, just like the way the lion depends on the lioness for food, the lioness depends on the lion for protection against lions from other pride that might want to kill the lioness and it's cub and moreover before a lion is accepted to a pride you must show you capable of protecting the pride so it is all just division of labour .The lion in a pride work is even riskier to me because attack from another pride might kill him
Thank you,it's more of a division of labor and protection from other lions is very important,also they partake in taking on big preys.
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Kylekent59: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2019
I still fear the Jaguar . Very sharp teeth, claws, limb, and very ebullient.

Only Jaguars can combat bigger snakes such as large python and Anacondas.

I bet you, Jaguar will finish a lion in no time.

It's just a battle between a Jaguar vs Tiger .

Jaguars bite is stronger then a lions and a tigers. “Jaguars have the strongest bite of any cat on the planet. Their 1,350–2,000 psi beats out lions and tigers substantially.” Hyenas, lions, and tigers generate around 1,000 psi. Therefore jaguars win there as well.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Afonjas: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2019
germaphobe:
lazy or not lions still got the respect and fear of other animals not because of it's kingship but because of its courage to face obstacles expecially alpha lions. And even the tiger runs when he fights a lion.

Does Siberian Tiger run away from Lion?

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Sawzer(m): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2019
Zoharariel:

Then the Bear should be the king of the jungle - especially the Russian Bear. grin wink

You and mother Russia are like 5&6
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by MisterDin(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2019
You didn't say anything tangible that really depicts the wisdom of an octopus. I was expecting to read about its mental ability. You just stated it anatomical features.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Akuruoulo(m): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2019
There was this time SOO many hyenas were attacking two lioness, and they were scared. Running up and down . They even stayed gentle as if they aren't lioness anymore. As Soon one Lion run towards there here caught one hyena, and the others ran away. THEY ARE FOR COMBATS AND PROTECTION, NO MOSTLY FOR HUNTING.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Elijahrona(m): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2019
thinkdip:

Is octopus a bird, compare Owls wisdom with another bird pls

Birds are much more developed than octopuses. An octopus is an invertebrate. Can you compare the brain of the snail to the brain of the bird? Octopus and snail are in the same phylum mullosca
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Akuruoulo(m): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2019
There was also a time a tiger was attacking a lioness, thou the lion can not or may not defeat the tiger, yet he ran down and took over the fight. Don't call them weak/lazy

4 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Kylekent59: 8:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Elijahrona:

Birds are much more developed than octopuses. An octopus is an invertebrate. Can you compare the brain of the snail to the brain of the bed? Octopus and snail are in the same phylum mullosca

Bed doesn't have brain oooo. It is lifeless

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Alphaman007: 8:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Kylekent59:
I still fear the Jaguar . Very sharp teeth, claws, limb, and very ebullient.

Only Jaguars can combat bigger snakes such as large python and Anacondas.

I bet you, Jaguar will finish a lion in no time.

It's just a battle between a Jaguar vs Tiger .

3 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Afonjas: 8:35am On Feb 06, 2019
samazagudu:
Totally disagree with you on Lion . Lion is always a king of jungle, it can hunt only when the prey is too powerful for lioness that is where the king would come in.
About fast, speed, etc you mentioned,these are not a quality of a king. If you know about lion very well every great lion has a territory under it control.
Mere looking you know that lion has a good quality of being a king. Lion is a king of jungle.

Get this fact into your skull.

LIONS DON'T LIVE/OPERATE IN THE JUNGLES.

Oya say it after me!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Akuruoulo(m): 8:36am On Feb 06, 2019
Afonjas:

Does Siberian Tiger run away from Lion?
Siberian Tigers are the strongest cat. That man isn't sure of what he's saying

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Elijahrona(m): 8:37am On Feb 06, 2019
Kylekent59:

Bed doesn't have brain oooo. It is lifeless

Yh... Was a mistake

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Alphaman007: 8:38am On Feb 06, 2019
In my own view... Lions are the kings of beasts while a tigers are the kings of the jungle... Tigers are the biggest of all big cats and have been recorded to win more in duels with lions... They are more aggressive and can use their two front paws to battle unlike lions... Jaguars are formidable too and can hold their own against lions and tigers but they're still no match

3 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Akuruoulo(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Marleek:
Thats wrong tho. The lionesses do protect their cubs from the alpha males. The killing is usually done when the lioness isn't near or watching.

They does when their males aren't around
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Kylekent59: 8:40am On Feb 06, 2019
Alphaman007:
wetin you smoke?

Just because Big show is big doesn't mean John Cena can't defeat him.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by freshngwaboy(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2019
germaphobe:
lazy or not lions still got the respect and fear of other animals not because of it's kingship but because of its courage to face obstacles especially alpha lions. And even the tiger runs when he fights a lion.
a Tiger can never run away from a lion. battles between these two has been staged too many times in ancient Rome and Tiger has always won. at the end of the 19th century the Gaekwad of Baroda arranged a fight between the big cats before an audience of thousands. the Gaekwad placed a bet on the Lion and lost 37,000 rupees because the Tiger won. most times the Tiger won these fight with just a swipe of paw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Agugbadin: 8:41am On Feb 06, 2019
Nice one guys, these are the topics I like to read and not about Linda Ikeji and the likes

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Alphaman007: 8:44am On Feb 06, 2019
Kylekent59:

Just because Big show is big doesn't mean John Cena can't defeat him.
A JAGUAR IS NO MATCH FOR A TIGER OR A LION, EVEN A BEAR

3 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by LazyRain(f): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=Acepen post=75440953][/quote]

Tigers avoid lions in the jungle?? How is that so when Lions are found in Africa and Tigers in Asia?? You are mistaking Leopards for Tigers. Lol.

The lion biggest enemy is the Hyena and that's because they are known to hunt for the same food and live in the same habitat. There are always clashes between these two animals.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Crysthaniel(m): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2019
Pigs � are still stronger than horse..
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Kylekent59: 8:48am On Feb 06, 2019
Alphaman007:
A JAGUAR IS NO MATCH FOR A TIGER OR A LION, EVEN A BEAR

I don't ague, just go and do your research.

Also, You started your mentions by asking me what I smoked.

It really shows you ain't mature, so i would like to draw the curtain now, and don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Alexandro15: 8:50am On Feb 06, 2019
Perhaps lions don't hunt that often. But when they do, it's a sight to behold. The way they give chase, with the air running through their mane...

Epic!!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Alphaman007: 8:51am On Feb 06, 2019
Kylekent59:

I don't ague, just go and do your research.

Also, You started your mentions by asking me what I smoked.

It really shows you ain't mature, so i would like to draw the curtain now, and don't quote me again.
lol...be running away from constructive argument.. Anyways i don't argue with weaklings
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by Xkalaban(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2019
Lol, huncle Lions are still the kings o. The furs on their big head is enough to scare away any animal on this planet. Plus they are scared of nothing except the sound of guns and maybe respect for big rhinos and elephants. Other than that Lions are ready to attack anything whether with their pride or solo. They're fierce, robust and very strong.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Little Boy Found Hawking In Cross River Enrolled In School (Photos) / Photos: OAU Students Jostle For Pastor Kumuyi’s Seat / Akintobi Ifeoluwa Elizabeth Is The Best Marketing Student In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.