Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature (33698 Views)

"I Will Rethink My Scholarship Offer To Mmesomma". / No Be My Nature To Dey Brag - Success Says In New Viral Video / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by tck2000(m): 11:25am On Sep 18, 2019
Educative
Re: 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature by greatbrian(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2021
dhebo:
....it might look as if they are lazy but they are not, just like the way the lion depends on the lioness for food, the lioness depends on the lion for protection against lions from other pride that might want to kill the lioness and it's cub and moreover before a lion is accepted to a pride you must show you capable of protecting the pride so it is all just division of labour .The lion in a pride work is even riskier to me because attack from another pride might kill him

The op goofed big time time by labelling the lion as lazy. Lions join In hunt for very large preys when the lioness can't even try again. I saw a documentary on natgeowild, savage Kingdom. They wanted taking down a giraffe and the lion had to rise to the occasion. And about killing of cubs, its just a natural instinct even in humans. A lion kills the cub he doesn't father and on rare occasions, accepts it to the pride, this is to make the lionesses go on heat and even his on heirs will be ostracized once they reach puberty.

The lions are reallu majestic and all. And their habitat are so different from the tigers he compared them with.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Covenant University Vs Uni Ilorin (photo) / Abuja Private School Owners Reject Wike’s Fee Hike / Godwin Musa Who Built His Own Bicycle Finally In School (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.