Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos (24218 Views)

Roads In Kano Looked Like This In 1970 (photo) / 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested / Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by nepapole(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
Odunharry:

Barracks come worse pass anything sef. Atimes I de pity people mk dey sit down for bus or car inside traffic.
terrible
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by shiki(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
omotoyossi:
Lagos abeokuta expressway [iyanaipaja to ikejaalong]...funny enough,that route was just 20minutes [now 2,3hours] until Ambode started doing that stupid road for reasons I dont knw. PLS CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT AMBODE is TRYING TO DO ON THAT ROAD?

You mean the BRT Lane?

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Pivot: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
nepapole:

i almost die for barracks to ojo... laslas na bike save my life.
Loool,lagos badagry expressway,I spent 4hrs from lasu gate to the other side of Iasu gate,4hours!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
Odunharry:

Bike take over true true. Even bike de experience traffic well from Trade fair under bridge to barracks then iyana iba is something else
I don't know how you guys cope there. The Lord is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by eRex(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
[/b] please just add the day rain falls in lagos[b]
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by OhiOfIhima: 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
icamello:

Your head is there. Road that is not enough before, you still took out of it for your blue buses. I think he made a poor decision on that project and I don’t see an end to that problem, at least not soon. The situation of that road atm is really worrisome. I don’t even visit my relatives living around there anymore.

Infact, the whole of Lagos has been on auto-pilot ever since he lost the return ticket for governorship.

Walahi, his decision was one hell wrong. Dat narrow road still want to do brt lane.. A very poor decision to the core.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by nepapole(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
Pivot:

Loool,lagos badagry expressway,I spent 4hrs from lasu gate to the other side of Iasu gate,4hours!!!!!
damn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by fasho01(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
Just trying to pick out the top five is exhausting me and giving me headache

Sure all roads mentioned here experience mad congestion. Fact is, almost ALL Lagos roads experience mad traffic especially during rush hours

Lagos traffic made me wonder how hell would be
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by damola1: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
Ambode na bastard.

I will never vote for apc

Ikeja to iyana ipaja... from oba Akran through Anifowoshe area...

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Johnny1013(m): 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
Anchor84:
Fagba no.1 Dopemu no.2
fagba own small ooo...dopemu own no be here

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by omotoyossi(m): 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
shiki:

You mean the BRT Lane?
Yes bro..d road was Ok with no holdups..why did they have to mess it up?will the holdup stops after that completion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by flowx(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
Driving all the way from mainland, overtake every vehicle on your way by the time u get to VGC nobody will tell u to humble yourself because the most sluggish traffic is waiting for you there. Especially during week, evening time.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by stawarts(m): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]
Anchor84:
Fagba no.1
Dopemu no.2
iju ishaga Rd 24/7..

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by icamello: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

Walahi, his decision was one hell wrong. Dat narrow road still want to do brt lane.. A very poor decision to the core.
One of those things you think of and you honestly conclude he actually does not deserve 4 more years. Fashola arguably constructed and rehabilitated more roads than Ambode yet traffic wasn’t as bad on the affected roads.

4 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Memberclub(m): 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
HaryoBamex:
All of you above me, una never reach apapa, mile2
baba I use mile 2 wella. That ikorodu road na oga for mile 2 side.
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by klever18(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
I am still searching for 1 in Abuja
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Henz24(m): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
Ikeja along to iyana ipaja is probably the worst, Maryland is another evil place

3 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Tolubory(m): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
madridguy:
You both should visit Ikeja along to Dopemu under bridge make una know say Khaki no be leather.

Nah true jare

Make Dem come that side and see the Definition of Traffic!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
sisipelebe:
I don't know how you guys cope there. The Lord is your strength.
Lol.. amen o. Shuttle there once a while.

Let me not talk about Apapa atimes.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Henz24(m): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2019
NwaOhafia:
1. FASTAC to volts
2. ikorodu
3. 3rd mainland bridge
4. Ikeja alone
5. Maryland to Ikeja underbride
I swear bro, ikeja na pure evil, from Maryland to ikeja under bridge too, one day I used a taxify from the island to ikeja, I stay off toyin, I clearly told the guy not to go through Maryland but he refused and insisted there would be no traffic there, we got to Sheraton and everywhere was blocked, opebi link road was a no go area, I knew the guy did it on purpose to increase his money so I just came down and Paid him and trekked home cos bike self no see road that day

4 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by allansie(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
Av gone through most roads in lagos state and i can confidently tell you that iyana ipaja to ikeja along is the worst

3 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by icamello: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lol from the comments so far, it seems there’s a tie for the number one spot between Ikeja-along to Iyana’paja and 3rd mainland traffic.

But tbh, at least 3rd mainland na always moving traffic. If no major vehicle breakdown, you may still cover 3rd mainland in one hour. But you see that ikeja along to Iyana’paja ehn, let no man boast of his patience until he’s been tested with that traffic, especially on a Saturday evening.

8 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Anybodie: 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
HaryoBamex:
All of you above me, una never reach apapa, mile2

Y'all should doff your hat for the boss of all traffic
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by ukaface(f): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
Anchor84:
Fagba no.1 Dopemu no.2
Fagba is always ever congested especially during closing hours.

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by icamello: 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
Who else has noticed that it is almost impossible not to see at least one vehicle breakdown on a typical work day morning on 3rd mainland?

Funny facts grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Newmans: 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
I'm sure many of you never pass through mile 2 Okoko Badagry road, that's why you are talking leave your house 3am and get to ORILE after 7 or get to Ikeja by ten or after ten, ask any foreigners that pass through this road let them explain it better for you.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Just2endowed2(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
What about during rainy season or when it rains, that's when you will wish never to live in lagos.slightest rain, they will increase tfair by 100% to 500%.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by justmi1: 10:56pm On Feb 05, 2019
As I am typing this, I am still inside a 3hrs old government registered traffic on ikorodu road. Traffic wey matured come get white bear bear...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by donifez(m): 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
For me... Barracks to Iyana - Iba... That traffic is in a league of its own

Iyana-ipaja to Ikeja-along. I use bus twice and nearly fainted. Now na bike things ooh.

Others follow. Lagos nawa

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by onegig(m): 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
scantee:
Ikotun road by jakonde gate and Apapa road

I doubt there is any road worse than that place in Lagos. The only time you would not spend a minimum of 5 minutes in stand still traffic is between 12am and 3am on any given day.

I checked Lagos traffic on a Sunday evening at 11pm and all areas where green and free from traffic. Guess where was in deep red? Oke afa to Jakande and ikotun areas .

As we are speaking every other area in Lagos is free of traffic but just take a look at Jakande Gate and see the traffic. If you want to be depressed and frustrated just drive during rush hour from Iyana isolo to Gate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by shiki(m): 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
omotoyossi:

Yes bro..d road was Ok with no holdups..why did they have to mess it up?will the holdup stops after that completion?

I believe it will be a bit better when completed, and also is a way of them getting revenue through transportation business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rock Collapses On Tourists During A Boat Ride In Brazil (photo, Video) / Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out / Federal Fire Service Has An Important Message For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.