Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos (24220 Views)

Roads In Kano Looked Like This In 1970 (photo) / 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested / Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by scantee(m): 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
onegig:

I doubt there is any road worse than that place in Lagos. The only time you would not spend a minimum of 5 minutes in stand still traffic is between 12am and 3am on any given day.

I checked Lagos traffic on a Sunday evening at 11pm and all areas where green and free from traffic. Guess where was in deep red? Oke afa to Jakande and ikotun areas .

As we are speaking every other area in Lagos is free of traffic but just take a look at Jakande Gate and see the traffic. If you want to be depressed and frustrated just drive during rush hour from Iyana isolo to Gate.

LOL bro I hate that road, most at times I stays late hour like 12am before coming to ikotun anytime I have something to do in that area or visit, from Okota police station to nnpc na die always, also that.. Petrocam ⛽ station area after Iyana ejigbo na die.
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Ehimax(m): 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
The water ways are very quiet

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Raalsalghul: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
sucessdriven:
was arguing with a friend. i was like the number one is 3rd mainland bridge. he was like nothing beats Ikorodu road traffic. So i brought it here for wise elders to settle.
Lekki-Ajah expressway
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by titosantana(m): 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
Jarus:

I fear anything Iyana Ipaja.
That one is evn better, extend it to Alakuko, you will know that there is truly hell fire in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by nuttyboisolo(m): 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
Birminghamvirgo:
try from mile2-trade fair to Ojo Alaba. Na dat time u go know say Jesus ain't from Canada

these ones have not seen traffic ohh...those oda roads are jammed only after work hours...from alakija to iyana oba is constantly blocked anytime of d day is a risk on that axis...u fit go tradefair now no traffic after like 30mins of buying stuffs oya come and go nah.....as at this moment barracks is a no no

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by rayobaba(m): 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
madridguy:
You both should visit Ikeja along to Dopemu under bridge make una know say Khaki no be leather.
No. It's d other way round. Dopemu to ikeja along.
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by onegig(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
scantee:

LOL bro I hate that road, most at times I stays late hour like 12am before coming to ikotun anytime I have something to do in that area or visit, from Okota police station to nnpc na die always, also that.. Petrocam ⛽ station area after Iyana ejigbo na die.

When I used to stay around. I always had migraines just because of the thoughts of going back home. If I should just over sleep and wake up by 5:30am I already started that day badly. Jakande Estate was a lovely area because it was very spacious, very secure and used to have constant electricity and not parked like surulere or other areas in Lagos but the traffic was a major turnoff.
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by MaziOmenuko: 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
Ikeja_along to iyana ipaja! That traffic na die! 3rd mainland is a learner where that road dey. You.can comfortably prepare dinner on that road; hawkers sell everything from stove, to water, to groceries, ingredients, water and toothpick.

Mile 2 to apapa is not a traffic jam. That one na evil spirits dey do meeting regularly.

Barracks-volks-badagry na buy-one-get-one-free. If you are coming from island to volks, you may just end up getting to your gate by 4am and then turn around to return to work. No need to go home again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by MaziOmenuko: 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2019
rayobaba:

Dokpemu to Ikeja along in the morning hours, hen Ikeja along to dokpemu in the evening hours. That traffic is already a tourist attraction

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by damilarelr(m): 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2019
Almost all Lagos roads are usually congested during rush hours.. Yet there are those that stand out like always on lock down from 4am till 12am..

1. Ikorodu-Sagamu road
2. Iju-Ishaga road
3. Iyana-Ipaja to Tollgate
4. Agege to Berger
5. Oshodi to Oke-Afa to Ikotun
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by folake4u(f): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
Jeez! I can't stay in Lagos abeg undecided.
How do people stay in traffic for more than an hour

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Berlyn1(f): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
emceedcent:

Urs is better... I left work (lekki) 5:30 and I got home (Ijede, ikorodu) almost 1am... Las las I trekked coz I cunt get bus again... That day, the traffic worse pass hell fire....
ijede where in ijede??
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by bash8936: 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
Are all this ones traffic...
please you guys should come Lagos-badagry expressway( mile2-tradefair-barracks-volks-iyana-iba,alaba axis)... You'll give thanks for your complain on other road.
The only place Car, okada and Leg traffic happens at one for 4-5 hours..No wonder Lagos went to borrow money to do train on that road.

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Tlyon(m): 12:07am On Feb 06, 2019
I no fit forget Saturday 22 December 2018 coming back from ife in osun state got to berger at around 7pm going to badagry spent 4hour at ikeja to agege, got home at around 1:30am

2 Likes

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 06, 2019
Odunharry:

No mind them. Mk dem come mile 2 or come see traffic from ojo barracks to iyana iba or vollks

bro, let them know , at least them they get mind carry car comot , come mile 2 to apapa , you go see your chairman for your company leave him car for house use bike come work, trailers some turn that road to their house.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by tlarge1612: 12:15am On Feb 06, 2019
Iju ishaga/fagba
[
quote author=sucessdriven post=75443203]was arguing with a friend. i was like the number one is 3rd mainland bridge. he was like nothing beats Ikorodu road traffic. So i brought it here for wise elders to settle.[/quote]
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Lazyuth: 12:16am On Feb 06, 2019
Going through Lekki to Sangotedo (to and Fro) in the Morning and Evening

From Mile 2 to badagry

Going from Mushin/Oshodi to Ikotun (Daleko bridge, Isolo Road, Oke-Afa, Jakande Gate, Canoe, Iyana Ejigbo, Ori-Oke, ) etc in the Evening
If you know , you know
Same applies in the Morning when going out

Going from Sango to Oshodi in the Morning and Going from Oshodi to Sango otta in the Evening is like Buhari winning another Term or Atiku winning bthe Presidential Election

Going from Ikeja to Maryland in the Morning and Evening is another good description of Traffic,

Ikorodu road is nothing to write home about

Costain to CMS is also very Badd

Pls don't wish ur sworn enemy an encounter with Apapa wharf Traffic on daily basis, it reduces life span

That of Agege to Iju Ishaga, Fagba, is Never to be imagined

Lagos residents are suffering from fast Ageing and too much Stress coupled with Multiple Projects simultaneously

It is well

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 06, 2019
its been a while i left lagos but if i"m correct,

lekki-epe expressway esp towards ajah and sangotedo axis

from gbagada to oshodi infact any road leading to oshodi

maryland to ojuelegba road

ikeja along to dopemu

Ogba to iyana ipaja

cant forget those moments..still there's no traffic like lagos traffic...there's never a dull moment in a Danfo bus, all sort of characters..#Ekoonibaje
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by mathew247: 12:43am On Feb 06, 2019
una never go mile 2?
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Hahjascho(m): 1:16am On Feb 06, 2019
Will suggest Ikorodu thank God for BRT .....buying early ticket sef no guarantee early transporting....abeg join que grin

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by shugabasbn: 2:50am On Feb 06, 2019
Try Mile 2-Iyana-Iba esp from under bridge to Volz that is when u will know say 'hold up and go slow' no be d same thing forget English

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by madridguy(m): 4:13am On Feb 06, 2019
So did the gateman permitted you?

Jarus:

The day I jammed this traffic, I begged one gateman to allow me to just park at their car park and let me continue the journey with bike. It was hellish.

I vowed not to ever drive on that road again: Along-Dopemu-Iyana Ipaja.
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by madridguy(m): 4:15am On Feb 06, 2019
My brother forget, if you're going in the morning na war, coming back again na still same war.

rayobaba:

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by madridguy(m): 4:21am On Feb 06, 2019
Person go fear traffic

Tolubory:

Nah true jare

Make Dem come that side and see the Definition of Traffic!!!!
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by 9gerian: 4:24am On Feb 06, 2019
cheesy grin

icamello:
3rd mainland especially from Iyana’woro on a Monday morning. There was this time a radio presenter asked what people would do if they got to 3rd mainland on a Monday morning and there was no single traffic, only few cars on the road. Most people that called in said they would just turn back. Lol!

Notable mention: The current state of Cement to Iyana’paja road. You can conveniently stay 3/4 hours in this traffic.
Re: Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos by Speedyconnect15: 5:45am On Feb 06, 2019
onegig:

I doubt there is any road worse than that place in Lagos. The only time you would not spend a minimum of 5 minutes in stand still traffic is between 12am and 3am on any given day.

I checked Lagos traffic on a Sunday evening at 11pm and all areas where green and free from traffic. Guess where was in deep red? Oke afa to Jakande and ikotun areas .

As we are speaking every other area in Lagos is free of traffic but just take a look at Jakande Gate and see the traffic. If you want to be depressed and frustrated just drive during rush hour from Iyana isolo to Gate.

Which app was that bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out / Rock Collapses On Tourists During A Boat Ride In Brazil (photo, Video) / Federal Fire Service Has An Important Message For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.