Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt (72963 Views)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign In Port Harcourt, Rivers State / Meet Emmanuel Ezugwu: Military War Vehicle Named After Him / Inside The 'Abandoned' Stadium Named After Abiola - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Sirdiq21: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nairasurplus:
First to comment.
west of time all this just for FTC go and farm

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by mu2sa2: 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
MulticolourDeco:

That's why crimes and criminal never ceases in this land
Instead of the leading locals to indeginize the name of their capital city, all they have been doing is goading their clueless people to be insulting Pmb as if he is the cause of the decades of robberies, rape, kidnapping, and murders in the godam city.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by article1: 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
So, the state was named after a British criminal? No wonder, the state is full of crimes ranging from kidnapping, robbery and killing of all kinds
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Skmoda360(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
My message to my Igbo brothers is that in the short run Buhari has to go. For those who are protesting for Biafra, you cannot go protest with hunger, or empty stomach ,let the man go first, leave Aso Rock, let someone who is reasonable enter Aso Rock, then we continue our dialogue on the Nigerian project. Boycotting the election like Kanu said will not help the igbos rather it helps Buhari to win the election remember Peter Obi is the second igboman to contest as Vice Presidential Candidate after Dr Alex Ekwueme let's support PDP just because of our Igbo Brother Peter Obi. I believe he will try his best if elected
Daluu kwa nu ooooooo!!Gullibility is now a norm. You don’t even need to use your brain. Why do you think some educated dummies are swarming all over the internet screaming Baba Oyoyo and four plus four, despite the crass failure of the Buhari’s administration and the cluelessness, now derangement of a president who should be recuperating in a hospital taking care of his health?
Bro.....all of 'em are thieves even your so called obi we need a new face of no past political records....so just calm watch as event unfold because buhari will enter whether you like it or not....I'm not voting OK because I can't waste it ...rather.....I will find my square root outside the country.....gullible Nigerians my foot, frustration at its peak.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Icon79(m): 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
Haha. Come see natives grin shocked

And by the way, what did Lugard meant by "in the absence of any convenient local name"? Didn't somebody tell him that the place already had a name (Igwe Ocha) before their (British) invasion

O pari

Amarabae:
What's the essence of this thread?
We love it like that.
Port Harcourt is the name forever and ever.

kiss
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by MyGeneration(m): 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
You won't believe this was exactly what I was googling today.

Do u also know tha the British man Harcourt was also gay.
Do you also know that at a time in Nigerias history oil derivation used to be 50percent under shehe shagari it was reduced to 2percent.
Do you also know that a Port Harcourt ex militant is now a king in rivers State. King Ateke tom.

The list goes on
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by integrity16(m): 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
So the name Harcourt was a name of a rapist No wonder promiscuity is prevalent over here.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Amarabae(f): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
Icon79:
Haha. Come see natives grin shocked

And by the way, what did Lugard meant by "in the absence of any convenient local name"? Didn't somebody tell him that the place already had a name (Igwe Ocha) before their (British) invasion

O pari

Igweocha has never never the official name at any point in history.
Get off the crap nonsense formulation kanu gave you guys.
Port Harcourt is the name and so shall it be forever

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by bizzibodi(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
My message to my Igbo brothers is that in the short run Buhari has to go. For those who are protesting for Biafra, you cannot go protest with hunger, or empty stomach ,let the man go first, leave Aso Rock, let someone who is reasonable enter Aso Rock, then we continue our dialogue on the Nigerian project. Boycotting the election like Kanu said will not help the igbos rather it helps Buhari to win the election remember Peter Obi is the second igboman to contest as Vice Presidential Candidate after Dr Alex Ekwueme let's support PDP just because of our Igbo Brother Peter Obi. I believe he will try his best if elected
Daluu kwa nu ooooooo!!Gullibility is now a norm. You don’t even need to use your brain. Why do you think some educated dummies are swarming all over the internet screaming Baba Oyoyo and four plus four, despite the crass failure of the Buhari’s administration and the cluelessness, now derangement of a president who should be recuperating in a hospital taking care of his health?
Bros,we are talking of igwuocha here na!
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by movetoca: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
See his stupid face. I will definitely change the name when I become the governor of Rivers State. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by eezor: 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
Amarabae:

Igweocha has never never the official name at any point in history.
Get off the crap nonsense formulation kanu gave you guys.
Port Harcourt is the name and so shall it be forever
I just tire for this people my sister
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by adisabarber(m): 9:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
Seun please investigate the claim of OP. From his own source, Lewis Harcourt died in his sleep and none of the rape allegations was proved in his lifetime.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Afonja007: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
I dont know why we blacks fight over unnecessary things , we fight over picture of jesus been a white person my question is this? if we are the one that colonised white people and and forced them to study african religion and showed them the head of ooni of ife or head of benin oba the will not argue over it cus you conquered them but they conquered us today we want drag colour of jesus with them ? ; angry
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
No wonder people for that part head dey shake. grin
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by fkj950ax(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
zoba88:
The man whom "Port-Harcourt" was named after, Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt was a rapist and paedophile.

After being faced with public condemnation, Lewis Harcourt committed suicide at his London home on February 24, 1922.

ml

With this information, the Rivers House is Assembly should hold a plebescite to back a law renaming the city ASAP.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by hokafor(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
I understand why portharcout is a capital of violence crimes,they are following the footsteps of their master
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Respect55(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
Less wonder the city is like this.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
This article is further EVIDENCE that the Nigerian youth DO NOT READ. He did not commit suicide.

Death
Harcourt died in his sleep at his London townhouse at 69, Brook Street (now Savile Club) in the early hours of 24 February 1922, aged 59.[6] An inquest was held as to the cause of death, which was ruled accidental; the underlying cause was heart failure and sudden oedema of the lungs brought on by a dose of bromidia, which he had been prescribed as a sleep aid. According to the coroner, who found extensive heart disease, the amount of bromidia he had taken would not have caused death in a healthy person. According to his valet, there was only a very small amount of bromidia left in the bottle the prior evening, which Harcourt did not take regularly.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Harcourt,_1st_Viscount_Harcourt
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by LZAA: 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
First of ndigbo are voting this feb
Second obi if elected will actually be the fourth and third democratic vp in nigeria
And finally BMC zombies are from two geo zones and i think you,i and the world know those zones
Cc immhotep sarrki deomelo velocity25

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by BlackAdam55(m): 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
Odingo1:
The original name is Igwuocha.
where you hear that one?

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2019
Galaxyowerri:
Imagine the most important city in the Niger Delta named after a rapist and paedophile shocked shocked
Igweocha which was the original name should be returned.
oga port Harcourt sound more better.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Lunockgold: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2019
gurunlocker:
Lord lugard caused a lot of havoc sha
his name is Lugard pls remove de lord.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by mrlaw93(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
How come we Nigerians are ignorant of our own history. Our curriculum need deep restructuring oo

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by GistFullGround: 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2019

No wonder there are so many rapists in Port-Harcourt

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Lunockgold: 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
Amarabae:
What's the essence of this thread? We love it like that. Port Harcourt is the name forever and ever. kiss
amara are u 4rm olokoro umuahia pls.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Lunockgold: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
Amarabae:
What's the essence of this thread? We love it like that. Port Harcourt is the name forever and ever. kiss
amara are u 4rm olokoro umuahia pls.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by osazsky(m): 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
And d foolish lugard couldnt name borno state something like dry port- buhari,so no one wants to associate with buhari not even lugard,i feel for buhari this is not fair at alk
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by kinharold(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
firstolalekan:
Osu land

And why haven't we changed the name?

What rubbish!

The same reason we have not changed the name of this Country like Ghana did. Just one side chick gave us the name from no where, without any meaning to the majority of the people..

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2019
No wonder they behave abnormal there.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Nakedwire635(m): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hundreddegrees:
Lord Lugard will never know peace for creating this horrible and disunited amalgamation called Nigeria

He even had to name one of the states after a fellow of despicable character

Not just that alone even the person the state is named after has a history of rape and pedophile God have mercy. No wonder port Harcourt is saturated by immorality.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Dpharisee: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:

Is Kanu the leader of Ndigbo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Peter Obi Disputes INEC Results In 21 States / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Amotekun Walk On The Streets Of Osogbo, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.