Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,589 members, 7,955,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (79065 Views)

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Daniel Okocha, Oluwatosin Ade-Ojo & Femi Adebowale Killed In Canada (Photos) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
the story has been updated on instablog.the dauther of the woman just came forward to say that her mother has a masters degree and though she can easily get a job she prefers begging.that its been long they have been trying to get her off the streets.here is the link.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtivsQonu1r/
cc dairykidd

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by loffyloffy: 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2019
: The guy is stupid
[] It's their people that begs
[i: For that one Nigerian there will be thousands of whites begging
[He didn't go to video those,They constitute the majority of homeless, beggars and drunks..
I have not meet a single black , begging ur drunk yet ...and I have meet countless whites
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
lefulefu:
the story has been updated on instablog.the dauther of the woman just came forward to say that her mother has a masters degree and though she can easily get a job she prefers begging.that its been long they have been trying to get her off the streets.here is the link.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtivsQonu1r/
cc dairykidd

This one na villa Pippul doingz shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
dairykidd:

This one na villa Pippul doingz shocked
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by CodeTemplar: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Sarang:

Tell me about the food export plan
Where are you based? I can't just tell you like that oh.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Reality of life abroad. Even with foreign certificate, you think it's her choice to beg and show her face? She's frustrated up to the point of desperation. It's a lie, when they say jobs are everywhere, it's a lie. I hope she finds a job soon though
She is mentally unstable probably. In the worse case she could find a job cooking, watching kids, cleaning.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Philistine(m): 10:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
B
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 07, 2019
DoTheNeedful:

It is obvious that you are the one who hasn't travel outside Nigeria. I believe you are one of those people who see Whites as gods. You don't believe because I said White guys beg. People here, who have traveled to the Western world would not doubt what I typed. I just checked your profile and I couldn't but notice your thread about getting an international passport. Local boy feeling funky.

Never in your life quote me again. I am way beyond your type. undecided

Mumu, my gateman writes English as good if not better than you just did, wetin you be wey you dey vibrate. Which type wey you be. Quit masturbating and go get your passport before the price pass your level with that your secondary school certificate you fit get job for Ghana. Na nairaland you go dey fum rubbish. Oga Nairaland private investigator. Na your type I just push comot wey just dey take selfies up and down for Shoprite.

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 07, 2019
DoTheNeedful:
I am way beyond your type. undecided

Saheed if I catch you tomorrow morning, you go no say I pass all those your post you and your friends dey share with one account. Bloody online date scammer.

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Sarang(f): 3:12am On Feb 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Where are you based? I can't just tell you like that oh.

Canada. I only asked cos you are looking for who to partner with. But it's okay if you don't want to.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 07, 2019
DoTheNeedful:

I believe you are one of those people who see Whites as gods. You don't believe because I said White guys beg. Local boy feeling funky. undecided

Meanwhile..you're into online scamming. Na wa for you o Saheed. Do the needful sha. Baba landlord dey find you seriously.

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by CodeTemplar: 4:39am On Feb 07, 2019
Sarang:

Canada. I only asked cos you are looking for who to partner with. But it's okay if you don't want to.
Ok. I was thinking you are in Nigeria and just fishing. It revolves around bulk export of the items to a warehouse or partner who can then manage shipping to final buyers. Shipping single items from Nigeria is so so expensive and slow.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Naajjii: 11:39am On Feb 07, 2019
The guy that filmed the video is not white , his accent sounds like someone with African background not white.Therefore this a blackman or african ridiculing his fellow blackperson/African.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Sarang(f): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Ok. I was thinking you are in Nigeria and just fishing. It revolves around bulk export of the items to a warehouse or partner who can then manage shipping to final buyers. Shipping single items from Nigeria is so so expensive and slow.

And do you have buyers already?
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by CodeTemplar: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
Sarang:

And do you have buyers already?
No. it is targeted at customers, On popular e commerce sites like eBay.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Sarang(f): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
No. it is targeted at customers, On popular e commerce sites like eBay.

Oh okay so you wanna sell what in particular, Nigerian food on Ebay? That's a limited market
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by CodeTemplar: 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
Sarang:

Oh okay so you wanna sell what in particular, Nigerian food on Ebay? That's a limited market
Not necessarily Nigerian foods but moving items that can be sourced from Nigeria generally.
The shipping cost is crippling because EMS/NIPOST is charging so high to ship and I needed a place I can call a warehouse or a partner to support at least.
If you look around well there are many items that are cheap locally in Nigeria and have a fair profit margin on those sites. Take cocoa powder for example. You can get it for as low as $6/kg locally and then compare to the selling prices on those sites. The problem is shipping cost.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Sarang(f): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Not necessarily Nigerian foods but moving items that can be sourced from Nigeria generally.
The shipping cost is crippling because EMS/NIPOST is charging so high to ship and I needed a place I can call a warehouse or a partner to support at least.
If you look around well there are many items that are cheap locally in Nigeria and have a fair profit margin on those sites. Take cocoa powder for example. You can get it for as low as $6/kg locally and then compare to the selling prices on those sites. The problem is shipping cost.

Nice
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by SIRTee15: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
Basher8583:

You neva see anything. Go to UK. Them plenty dia. Infact one lady almost harrased me because I gave her 50 pence saying I was a black rich man and capable of giving her more. It took one of the metro oficials to keep her away from me. The metro oficer even told me to just ignore then and not give them any money. Imagine.... beta white woman begging
The one wey shock me was when a very young Arab descent girl begging me for money in Dalston area, quite pretty too, with hijab....
I was like, does this girl really understand the risk she's getting into by begging on the street...
Any guy can take advantage of her...
In this era of grooming in most uk cities....
Maybe that's what she even want, I don't know....
I simply ignored her and continued my waka.....
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by AfroCarib: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good. I want to say first of all that I am Caribbean and I am deeply saddened for the Nigerian woman in question because it clearly shows that the white man hates black people and most especially Africans. He was bang out of order to assume that the woman is a scammer because he even called her a scammer just because she's African/black. He had the audacity to come to Canada with his typical white over-privileged American racist attitude towards black people.

I also want to clarify to everyone that the man is not Caribbean but is a white man, caucasian who immigrated here in Canada in recent times from America. I cannot understand why anyone would assume that he is Caribbean just because they cannot understand his accent which isn't right because that leads to animosity towards a group of people that have nothing to do with the whole thing to begin with. People need to be careful with accusations like that.

Just to let you all know I have spoken to many Caribbean people about this woman in question being disgraced by this white man and we the Caribbean people are outraged about what that white man did to this Nigerian lady. We are very angry about it because she did not deserve that disgrace whether she is Nigerian, Cameroonian, Senegalese, Trinidadian, Barbadian ,Jamaican or simply a black Canadian. At the end of the day we are all descendants of Africa and many of our Caribbean ancestry came from Nigeria (Calabar, Yoruba, Igbo) and that upsets us all the more to see that this Nigerian woman went through this disgrace. She is our sister, it could have happened to anyone of us. Racism is something that black people face a lot living abroad so in no way should we be in support of racism done against one of our own. Secondly we the Caribbean people are very upset about the fact that some Nigerians say it was good for her that the white man disgraced her along with other nasty comments against her �� Such a Shame!!

Remember he didn't disgrace her because she was in need and was begging. He disgraced her for being black. I advise all of you who are disgracing your own fellow Nigerian/ black to go back and listen to the video again because at the very beginning he said this black b****. and at the beginning of the video when he's fidgeting with his phone you can see a bit of his arm and also clearly see that he is a white man. Also you can clearly hear his accent is that of a village American. Like those who live in trailers and in trailer parks in America. He himself is very lucky to be in Canada yet he's talkin trash. also is it normal to you guys that a Caribbean person who is also black would call this woman a black b****? It's no wonder why other races think that all black people are crazy because we give them that impression by the way we treat our own. (SMH)

It is so disgraceful to see our own black people especially the Nigerians helping this man who clearly hates you and your people further disgrace your own. (SMH) Big shame! Disgrace!

Even though the woman was begging she is still a human being and demonstrated a humbleness that another person might not have had while being insulted.

The woman said that she went to University and that she has a 14 year old son yet still she's being judged so harshly by her fellow Nigerians instead of understanding that she is in need of help and that is very disappointing and disgusting. Did she kill somebody, steal, do 419 or commit a crime or is she simply just reaching out for help? How about putting aside the Nigerian pride for a moment and ask what can I do to find this woman and help her out in whatever capacity I can.

Many of us will call ourselves Christians and then be all too quick to bash someone who's having problems as if we don't have problems ourselves from time to time. Jesus says those of you who have never sinned cast the first stone. Who are we to judge this woman?.

I am disappointed to see how many Nigerians are in agreement with a racist white man tearing down a Nigerian. This goes to show why black people have so much work to do to be united. It is things like this kind of behavior and reaction that makes white people know all the more that black people are stupid and can never get it together. What a big shame on our people. Bashing one of our own. That is where the disgrace really truly lies and not in this Nigerian woman being a Nigerian begging. After all if she didn't reach out to try and collect funds but died of starvation (as an example) many of you would have said why didn't she talk up, why didn't she ask for help?

Please stop bashing the woman and let's all be united to try and help our black brothers and sisters to progress in life instead of tearing them down and passing the videos all over the Internet to bash them the more because that in itself is a disgrace. That is not normal behavior at all but stupidity.

On a last note I want to just let you all know for those of you who do not live in Canada. I don't know who told you that Canada has trees where we pluck money from. It is not easy to live in Canada because there's racism, there are constantly bills coming left, right and center. Constantly things to pay and it is harder to save money in this country. Whatever the government gives you for your children on a monthly basis is never enough. You have to work a lot just to make ends meet and most people in Canada are living from paycheck to paycheck. Some have to work three jobs to make ends meet. Shocking truth but they won't tell you that when you ask for away baffs because it's nobody's business and also for some people it is due to shame of admitting that it is not easier to live in Canada, USA and the UK as people think. You get nothing for free here, no handouts and you get taxed very hard. As an example let's say you got paid 1300 every two weeks but then they take 400 out for taxes., $50 out for dental and medical family insurance and $40 for pension then you're left with $810 but you still have bills to pay such as your electric bill especially for heating in the winter, cell phone bill, water tax, gas or bus pass, moto insurance, internet bill, food and toiletries, children school fees, and if you live in America medical bills then at the end of paying all these things whether you are in the UK, Canada or in America you're left with zilch most times and that is why most people are living from paycheck to paycheck in Canada, America and the UK and that is why a lot of people work two or three jobs abroad and that is also why a lot of times when we're constantly begged for things to be sent back home, it is hard for us but people back home are quick to judge us and to be angry because we couldn't send certain things at the time that they wanted.

When you don't understand life abroad it is too quick to judge those suffering over here. Time to be educated.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nawa U oo
SIRTee15:

The one wey shock me was when a very young Arab descent girl begging me for money in Dalston area, quite pretty too, with hijab....
I was like, does this girl really understand the risk she's getting into by begging on the street...
Any guy can take advantage of her...
In this era of grooming in most uk cities....
Maybe that's what she even want, I don't know....
I simply ignored her and continued my waka.....
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by AfroCarib: 9:53am On Feb 13, 2019
Romans 2: 3. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4. Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
AfroCarib:
On a last note I want to just let you all know for those of you who do not live in Canada. I don't know who told you that Canada has trees where we pluck money from. It is not easy to live in Canada because there's racism, there are constantly bills coming left, right and center. Constantly things to pay and it is harder to save money in this country. Whatever the government gives you for your children on a monthly basis is never enough. You have to work a lot just to make ends meet and most people in Canada are living from paycheck to paycheck. Some have to work three jobs to make ends meet. Shocking truth but they won't tell you that when you ask for away baffs because it's nobody's business and also for some people it is due to shame of admitting that it is not easier to live in Canada, USA and the UK as people think. You get nothing for free here, no handouts and you get taxed very hard. As an example let's say you got paid 1300 every two weeks but then they take 400 out for taxes., $50 out for dental and medical family insurance and $40 for pension then you're left with $810 but you still have bills to pay such as your electric bill especially for heating in the winter, cell phone bill, water tax, gas or bus pass, moto insurance, internet bill, food and toiletries, children school fees, and if you live in America medical bills then at the end of paying all these things whether you are in the UK, Canada or in America you're left with zilch most times and that is why most people are living from paycheck to paycheck in Canada, America and the UK and that is why a lot of people work two or three jobs abroad and that is also why a lot of times when we're constantly begged for things to be sent back home, it is hard for us but people back home are quick to judge us and to be angry because we couldn't send certain things at the time that they wanted.

When you don't understand life abroad it is too quick to judge those suffering over here. Time to be educated.
True. And even more, not enough money for to support your family, suddenly you lost a job, living on credit cards until you can't pay them and from Nigeria, send me iphone, laptop, gifts, etc. Maybe your family in Nigeria is poor but they don't have huge debts you have in Canada or America, you are more poor than them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2019

True. And even more, not enough money for to support your family, suddenly you lost a job, living on credit cards until you can't pay them and from Nigeria, send me iphone, laptop, gifts, etc. Maybe your family in Nigeria is poor but they don't have huge debts you have in Canada or America, you are more poor than them.
True.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by XAUBulls: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
dainformant:
A man was left outraged after seeing a Nigerian woman begging on the streets of Canada. The woman when questioned by the Canadian man, said she left Nigeria to have a good life abroad.

She also claimed to have finished from York University in Toronto, Canada and even got a job which has ended.

She also revealed that the Canadian government pays her but the money is small as she has to pay for her rent, take care of her son and that things have been difficult for them.

When she was asked why she can't have a good life in Nigeria, the woman said the economy is bad and that the leaders are corrupt.

The Canadian man also blasted Nigeria as he berated citizens for leaving their country to seek for better life abroad rather than take care of their own country.

Meanwhile, internet users have reacted to the trending video below.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/02/nigerian-woman-spotted-begging-on-the-streets-of-canada-photos.html
Bump.

Something major has to be done to stop very annoying incidents like this in Canada and elsewhere. The Nigerian asylum seekers living in tents is still an ongoing or recent issue in Canada. These folks have to plan properly before migrating out and make sure everything is legit to avoid getting stranded.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by XAUBulls: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
AfroCarib:
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good. I want to say first of all that I am Caribbean and I am deeply saddened for the Nigerian woman in question because it clearly shows that the white man hates black people and most especially Africans. He was bang out of order to assume that the woman is a scammer because he even called her a scammer just because she's African/black. He had the audacity to come to Canada with his typical white over-privileged American racist attitude towards black people.

I also want to clarify to everyone that the man is not Caribbean but is a white man, caucasian who immigrated here in Canada in recent times from America. I cannot understand why anyone would assume that he is Caribbean just because they cannot understand his accent which isn't right because that leads to animosity towards a group of people that have nothing to do with the whole thing to begin with. People need to be careful with accusations like that.

Just to let you all know I have spoken to many Caribbean people about this woman in question being disgraced by this white man and we the Caribbean people are outraged about what that white man did to this Nigerian lady. We are very angry about it because she did not deserve that disgrace whether she is Nigerian, Cameroonian, Senegalese, Trinidadian, Barbadian ,Jamaican or simply a black Canadian. At the end of the day we are all descendants of Africa and many of our Caribbean ancestry came from Nigeria (Calabar, Yoruba, Igbo) and that upsets us all the more to see that this Nigerian woman went through this disgrace. She is our sister, it could have happened to anyone of us. Racism is something that black people face a lot living abroad so in no way should we be in support of racism done against one of our own. Secondly we the Caribbean people are very upset about the fact that some Nigerians say it was good for her that the white man disgraced her along with other nasty comments against her �� Such a Shame!!

Remember he didn't disgrace her because she was in need and was begging. He disgraced her for being black. I advise all of you who are disgracing your own fellow Nigerian/ black to go back and listen to the video again because at the very beginning he said this black b****. and at the beginning of the video when he's fidgeting with his phone you can see a bit of his arm and also clearly see that he is a white man. Also you can clearly hear his accent is that of a village American. Like those who live in trailers and in trailer parks in America. He himself is very lucky to be in Canada yet he's talkin trash. also is it normal to you guys that a Caribbean person who is also black would call this woman a black b****? It's no wonder why other races think that all black people are crazy because we give them that impression by the way we treat our own. (SMH)

It is so disgraceful to see our own black people especially the Nigerians helping this man who clearly hates you and your people further disgrace your own. (SMH) Big shame! Disgrace!

Even though the woman was begging she is still a human being and demonstrated a humbleness that another person might not have had while being insulted.

The woman said that she went to University and that she has a 14 year old son yet still she's being judged so harshly by her fellow Nigerians instead of understanding that she is in need of help and that is very disappointing and disgusting. Did she kill somebody, steal, do 419 or commit a crime or is she simply just reaching out for help? How about putting aside the Nigerian pride for a moment and ask what can I do to find this woman and help her out in whatever capacity I can.

Many of us will call ourselves Christians and then be all too quick to bash someone who's having problems as if we don't have problems ourselves from time to time. Jesus says those of you who have never sinned cast the first stone. Who are we to judge this woman?.

I am disappointed to see how many Nigerians are in agreement with a racist white man tearing down a Nigerian. This goes to show why black people have so much work to do to be united. It is things like this kind of behavior and reaction that makes white people know all the more that black people are stupid and can never get it together. What a big shame on our people. Bashing one of our own. That is where the disgrace really truly lies and not in this Nigerian woman being a Nigerian begging. After all if she didn't reach out to try and collect funds but died of starvation (as an example) many of you would have said why didn't she talk up, why didn't she ask for help?

Please stop bashing the woman and let's all be united to try and help our black brothers and sisters to progress in life instead of tearing them down and passing the videos all over the Internet to bash them the more because that in itself is a disgrace. That is not normal behavior at all but stupidity.

Very succinct.
Re: Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos by AKAFINA: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
Life is not Easy every where...White or Black Begs...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.