Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode (8554 Views)

2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy / Ambode For Second Term Pure Water (Pictured) / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by michlins(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
Yambee:
Exactly why his political career just ended.

Him and his cronies kept biting the finger that picked them from obscurity to relevance. Ambode has a reason for mentioning Aregbesola many times in this write up.

When Tinubu picked him, Aregbesola was the first to say at that Tinubu's inner caucus meeting that he is making a mistake picking Ambode and will regret it. Ambode heard it and kept that grudge.

First mistake Ambode made after he was sworn in as the Governor, was to go to Alimosho and tried to break Aregbesola's political structure down for no reason at all. Alimosho and that part of Lagos is controlled by Aregbesola,and this move angered Tinubu and the whole APC hierarchy in Lagos.

Ambode drew FIRST BLOOD and he paid for it politically.
sir please enlighten me. Does Rauf clout extend to Lagos?
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Yambee: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
michlins:

Aregbesola clout in Lagos cannot be underestimated. When you get to the ipaja, Egbeda,Agege and those Axis up to the sango axis, you will know him.

He built his political clout in Lagos. Even Tinubu knows he dare not lose Aregbe in his inner caucus. Its unfortunate people don't know the power Aregbesola commands in lagos.
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by raumdeuter: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
michlins:

Rauf Aregbesola started as a commisioner in Lagos

Just like Igbokwe and Ben Akabueze were commissioners in Lagos wouldnt stop them from having a clout in their home state

Yaya is a Rep from Lagos and from Ogun, Lai Mohamed son is a HOA member in Lagos and father is from Kwara

Aganga is from Edo and he got a ministerial slot from Lagos
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Yankee101: 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Sounds like a good read

And makes plenty sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by raumdeuter: 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Yambee:

Aregbesola clout in Lagos cannot be underestimated. When you get to the ipaja, Egbeda,Agege and those Axis up to the sango axis, you will know him.

He built his political clout in Lagos. Even Tinubu knows he dare not lose Aregbe in his inner caucus. Its unfortunate people don't know the power Aregbesola commands in lagos.

All the road in Egbeda, Iyana-Ipaja axis was tarred by Aregbe when he was commissioner in 1999. Almost all the streets were tarred even if your passage too wide sef, Aregbe fit tar am

People loved him to death because they are not a people who forget good deeds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by michlins(m): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Yambee:

this is why I love Lagos and respect Yoruba people. No body can rule a state he isn't from in Igbo land. You can never be an I indigene here. Am born and raised in Nnewi Anambra state but I dare not claim home state here
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Yambee: 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
michlins:
this is why I love Lagos and respect Yoruba people. No body can rule a state he isn't from in Igbo land. You can never be an I indigene here. Am born and raised in Nnewi Anambra state but I dare not claim home state here

Quite unfortunate sir.
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
dododawa1:
35% true

Only?
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by KunleyY19(m): 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
Dear Governor...

That's Not Why...
1. Strong Security Outfits were rendered useless by handicapping them example RRS, LASTMA etc And you brought LNSC with less Manpower Simply Fortifying the rest would have been better...

2. Basic Laws were not continued from
One Way, Wearing Helmet, Banning Okada Riders on highways all were not properly enforced As we had it in BRF time...

3. You awarded contracts to companies that lacked the capacity From You Awarding the Light Up Lagos project to a sole contractor and most of those projects have failed...
Thereby rendering LSPWC and state civil Engineers redundant...

4. You crippled Strong projects making them move at snake pace From Light Rail to Eko Atlantic City etc...

5.You promised Lekki Airport and Seaport but you left none...

6.You brought in Visionscape that has less trucks than LAWMA and made PSP operatives Jobless thereby Leading to a dirty Lagos...

7. Traffic was unprecedented during your time sir due to your failure to build Linking roads...

8. There was No major Infrastructural development in Education sector...

9.Seminars for teachers was not really available like what We'd before...

10. You didn't live up to the hype of doing better than BRF...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Patdedon(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nothing likewise. More reason we should advocate for good governance and stop taking sides with greedy, self-serving politicians.

Yambee:

Nothing. And yours?

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

How can a fully grown man be so ball less. There is something wrong with yorubas walahi. We told him to fight you said we are pushing him to political destruction now the coward has been destroyed anyways
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

How can a fully grown man be so ball less. There is something wrong with yorubas walahi. We told him to fight you said we are pushing him to political destruction now the coward has been destroyed anyways

You have a point
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by baralatie(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by kapelvej: 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
coward
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:58am On Feb 06, 2019
Yambee:

Him and his cronies kept biting the finger that picked them from obscurity to relevance. Ambode has a reason for mentioning Aregbesola many times in this write up.

When Tinubu picked him, Aregbesola was the first to say at that Tinubu's inner caucus meeting that he is making a mistake picking Ambode and will regret it. Ambode heard it and kept that grudge.

First mistake Ambode made after he was sworn in as the Governor, was to go to Alimosho and tried to break Aregbesola's political structure down for no reason at all. Alimosho and that part of Lagos is controlled by Aregbesola,and this move angered Tinubu and the whole APC hierarchy in Lagos.

what has Aregbesola has to do with Lagos or Alimosho? Is he from Lagos?
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by munezo(m): 6:02am On Feb 06, 2019
Thank you governor Ambode, we love you and we are proud of your achievement in Lagos. History will speak well of you. Soon, godfatherism will be phased out in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 8:39am On Feb 06, 2019
KunleyY19:
Dear Governor...

That's Not Why...
1. Strong Security Outfits were rendered useless by handicapping them example RRS, LASTMA etc And you brought LNSC with less Manpower Simply Fortifying the rest would have been better...

2. Basic Laws were not continued from
One Way, Wearing Helmet, Banning Okada Riders on highways all were not properly enforced As we had it in BRF time...

3. You awarded contracts to companies that lacked the capacity From You Awarding the Light Up Lagos project to a sole contractor and most of those projects have failed...
Thereby rendering LSPWC and state civil Engineers redundant...

4. You crippled Strong projects making them move at snake pace From Light Rail to Eko Atlantic City etc...

5.You promised Lekki Airport and Seaport but you left none...

6.You brought in Visionscape that has less trucks than LAWMA and made PSP operatives Jobless thereby Leading to a dirty Lagos...

7. Traffic was unprecedented during your time sir due to your failure to build Linking roads...

8. There was No major Infrastructural development in Education sector...

9.Seminars for teachers was not really available like what We'd before...

10. You didn't live up to the hype of doing better than BRF...

This is another dimension to the story
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by KunleyY19(m): 9:08am On Feb 06, 2019
Bobbyjay001:

what has Aregbesola has to do with Lagos or Alimosho? Is he from Lagos?

He served as the commissioner of works and housing and he performed immensely In Alimosho ...And He proved his worth has Engineer
Before he was exported to his home state In Osun to continue the Good Works...

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by budaatum: 11:21am On Feb 06, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:
Tinubu is a fraudster
Aregbe is a rogue!
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2019
budaatum:

Aregbe is a rogue!

Ooh
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Lagbaja01(m): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
With your mentality, that is why we are where we are
Yambee:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by budaatum: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
Just so you all know, Ambode fixed my road. For years we begged, nothing, then Ambode fixed it!

And Aregbe messed up my state. I am sai bubu to the core, but I would not want Aregbe in my Alimosho, O-no! He should go to the state of my enemies, except, since I have no enemies he should just GO-nowhere already!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
budaatum:
Just so you all know, Ambode fixed my road. For years we begged, nothing, then Ambode fixed it!

And Aregbe messed up my state. I am sai bubu to the core, but I would not want Aregbe in my Alimosho, O-no! He should go to the state of my enemies, except, since I have no enemies he should just O-nowhere already!

Ambode fixed mine too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by chozzy: 7:14am On Feb 12, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:
Tinubu is a fraudster

Lol
Re: Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode by Ajibel(m): 8:05am On Feb 12, 2019
Aregbesola is back into Lagos politics.

I heard he is now a member of GAC (Governor's advisory council), an elite political body that decides the fate of politics in lagos.

Ambode was against this move because he believes Aregbe shouldn't come in and meddle with Lagos state affairs. Note, Fashola and his two deputy governors are currently not a member of GAC. I expect Ambode won't be a member too after his tenure.

It is also being rumored that Aregbe has also tried to take over the campaign structure of Sanwoolu and Hamzat.

Men, Lagos politics is something else sha, and I enjoy the intrigues and drama.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Anti-Corruption Agency Files Fresh Charges Against Ganduje / Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 / Kunle Poly's Deputy (piero Ganiu) Shot Dead At Idumota This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.