Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? (7489 Views)

2005 Odyssey & 2005 Sienna: Which Is Better? / Is Honda Accord 2008 A Good Car For Uber/bolt? / How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by jpride(m): 12:16am On Aug 18, 2018
I'm thinking of buying either Odyssey or Nisan Quest, Mazda MPV or Ford Windstar for transport business, but my first preference is Odyssey. Am I making a mistake? Does it have common Honda leg problem? Please advice me
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by elshanAutos: 12:48am On Aug 18, 2018
jpride:
I'm thinking of buying either Odyssey or Nisan Quest, Mazda MPV or Ford Windstar for transport business, but my first preference is Odyssey. Am I making a mistake? Does it have common Honda leg problem? Please advice me
No, it’s a bad car.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by nurey(m): 5:08am On Aug 18, 2018
jpride:

all those cars mentioned don't cut it for transportation business. you even add ford Windstar grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:17am On Aug 18, 2018
jpride:

Lol, the Odyssey is fine. Why not a Siena, though?
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by jpride(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, the Odyssey is fine. Why not a Siena, though?

I'm considering the maintainance. Sienna is quite so expensive to maintain.
Please can I know the main problems associated with Odyssey?
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by nurey(m): 9:36am On Aug 18, 2018
jpride:

I'm considering the maintainance. Sienna is quite so expensive to maintain. Please can I know the main problems associated with Odyssey?
what year of vehicle are you looking at. sienna is not expensive to maintain

4 Likes

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by jpride(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
nurey:

what year of vehicle are you looking at. sienna is not expensive to maintain
I'm looking at 2000 upwards

2 Likes

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
jpride:
is the business within a state or interstate?
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
jpride:
is the business within a state or interstate?
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by que4: 3:13am On Aug 19, 2018
Odyssey is a decent mini van. Strong and reliable but ridiculous on fuel.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by weyreypey: 5:31am On Aug 19, 2018
que4:
Odyssey is a decent mini van. Strong and reliable but ridiculous on fuel.
No. Odyssey is bad
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by HenryWilliams(m): 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Go for Siena
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by luvinhubby(m): 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
jpride:

I'm considering the maintainance. Sienna is quite so expensive to maintain.
Please can I know the main problems associated with Odyssey?

Very very good mini van.

But uses same gear as baby boy V6, you must up your game on gear maintenance to enjoy it.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by jpride(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2018
luvinhubby:

Very very good mini van.

But uses same gear as baby boy V6, you must up your game on gear maintenance to enjoy it.

Are you referring to Odyssey?
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by weyreypey: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2018
jpride:

Are you referring to Odyssey?
He sells Honda parts. Be careful.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Milito: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
luvinhubby:

Very very good mini van.

Asides regular oil change, what other maintenance tips are required pls? What duration or mileage intervals do you recommend the ATF change? And please how many DW-1 will I require for its oil change?

Also do you have for sale OR have an idea of where and how much one can get the middle row seat for a 2006 edition? Pix of interior colour below.

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:30am On Aug 22, 2018
op has gotten a Grande deal of a cheap Odyssey .....forget the other cars here.... it's a distraction....

go ahead op with ur Odyssey purchase for transport biz...

this one that all my Honda people here are commending sienna ,I have to play the game too oh.

open Odyssey is a very strong ride, maintenance is cheap and so reliable that the parts seldom need change.... it is the best in its class......

shey u drove that one, how did u feel? like a king abi? that's how all ur passengers will feel when u r driving them!!!

plus enough gadgets for ur passengers to play around with while awaiting arrival....

in fact with this Odyssey u posted, u have arrived.

congrats on ur new baby boy

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by weyreypey: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
op has gotten a Grande deal of a cheap Odyssey .....forget the other cars here.... it's a distraction....

this one that all my Honda people here are commending sienna ,I have to play the game too oh.

open Odyssey is a very strong ride, maintenance is cheap and so reliable that the parts seldom need change.... it is the best in its class......

shey u drove that one, how did u feel? like a king abi? that's how all ur passengers will feel when u r driving them!!!

plus enough gadgets for ur passengers to play around with while awaiting arrival....

I will henceforth fear your recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Milito: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

It's not the OP that posted pic oh.

I was the one and I'm not the OP. I just used the opportunity to ask my own questions from luvinhubby on where I can get the middle row seat.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Milito: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2018
weyreypey:

I will henceforth fear your recommendations.

E be like say Honda don do you strong thing in the past right? smiley smiley
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
Milito:

It's not the OP that posted pic oh.

I was the one and I'm not the OP. I just used the opportunity to ask my own questions from luvinhubby on where I can get the middle row seat.

sorry but ur post mimicks the ops post and with the pic in view and also seeking for maintenance tips then...... u must be the op or in the same shoes as the op
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by jpride(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2018
I actually wanted to know exact problems that are synonymous with odyssey. I've inquired about sienna from people using it but the response is not too good. They complain of excess fuel consumption and expensive spare parts.
If someone can tell me Odyssey's problems, I'll appreciate that better than giving baseless criticism
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by nurey(m): 4:02am On Aug 23, 2018
jpride:
I actually wanted to know exact problems that are synonymous with odyssey. I've inquired about sienna from people using it but the response is not too good. They complain of excess fuel consumption and expensive spare parts.
If someone can tell me Odyssey's problems, I'll appreciate that better than giving baseless criticism

the 1999 to 2003 was plagued by transmission issues

the 4cylinder variant is extremely underpowered, don't buy if you will be loading car constantly

the rear suspension aren't load friendly, at full load it's possible to experience rear scraping

the body begins to fall as it age its also an Honda doesn't tolerate bypass.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Milito: 5:48am On Aug 23, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

sorry but ur post mimicks the ops post and with the pic in view and also seeking for maintenance tips then...... u must be the op or in the same shoes as the op

What's the point in opening a new thread when one can key into an existing one.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by weyreypey: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2018
Milito:

What's the point in opening a new thread when one key into an existing one.
For sale 1.3

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Milito: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2018
weyreypey:

For sale 1.3

You that have been condemning Honda since. Where you carry this one come out from?

Anyways, tag the OP, he is the one still looking. Which year is this? 2008 I guess.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by weyreypey: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2018
Milito:

You that have been condemning Honda since. Where you carry this one come out from?

Anyways, tag the OP, he is the one still looking. Which year is this? 2008 I guess.
My stock
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Milito: 12:58am On Aug 27, 2018
nurey:

the 1999 to 2003 was plagued by transmission issues

the 4cylinder variant is extremely underpowered, don't buy if you will be loading car constantly

the rear suspension aren't load friendly, at full load it's possible to experience rear scraping

the body begins to fall as it age its also an Honda doesn't tolerate bypass.

Is it all of them that are not load friendly or you are still talking about the 1999 to 2003 models?

Also pls what do mean by Honda does not tolerate bypass?

I have noticed the body falling with age issue. It's also common with the Sienna of 2004 and above. That streamlined body of Sienna 2003 and below is very strong and looks good even after many years.

But lower years of the Odyssey has that body issues in contrast to the lower Sienna.
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by nurey(m): 4:44am On Aug 27, 2018
Milito:

Is it all of them that are not load friendly or you are still talking about the 1999 to 2003 models?

Also pls what do mean by Honda does not tolerate bypass?

I have noticed the body falling with age issue. It's also common with the Sienna of 2004 and above. That streamlined body of Sienna 2003 and below is very strong and looks good even after many years.

But lower years of the Odyssey has that body issues in contrast to the lower Sienna.

I am referring to only the odyssey

Honda do not like cut and join, use of wrong oil, running fan direct.

Body falling with age can happen to alot of cars even the 97-03 sienna though the odyssey experience it more from the rear due to its box shape.

The sienna is a rugged vehicle and simple one no too much technicality in terms of maintenance and cost the 1st generation is pocket friendly. If you intend to keep a bus for 10+ years with good resale value the sienna should be your choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by jpride(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2018
nurey:

I am referring to only the odyssey

Honda do not like cut and join, use of wrong oil, running fan direct.

Body falling with age can happen to alot of cars even the 97-03 sienna though the odyssey experience it more from the rear due to its box shape.

The sienna is a rugged vehicle and simple one no too much technicality in terms of maintenance and cost the 1st generation is pocket friendly. If you intend to keep a bus for 10+ years with good resale value the sienna should be your choice.

Thanks for this piece of advice
Re: Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? by Sylvaxxl1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2021
Please will frequent transmission servicing improve the life span?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Acquiring Abuja License Plate / Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem / [b]daihatsu Hijet Vs Suzuki Every[/b]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.