Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

How To Prepare Nigerian Beans And Yam Porridge - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Nigerian Beans And Yam Porridge (861 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Plantain And Yam I Bought For 3500 / Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Nigerian Beans And Yam Porridge by gideonjeta(m): 2:09am On Feb 06, 2019
INGREDIENTS
3 cups brown/black eyed beans (picked and soaked in water for some hours):
Chunks of yam:
1.5 cooking spoons of red palm oil:
2 medium onions:
Dry or fresh Pepper (blended):
Salt (to taste):
1 big stock cube:

As individual meals, they create a delight familiar to the Nigerian palette, but as a duo, they create a bomb.
Cooking time
50 minutes

Instructions
1. Add water to about 2 inches above the beans, sliced onions and allow to boil till the beans is partially soft. Add water to cook till soft as required to.
2. Once the beans is soft, add the chunks of yam and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
3. In another smaller pot, pour the red oil and add onions. Saute for a minute and add pepper, salt and stock cubes. Fry for another 3 minutes and set aside. This gives your porridge a special taste.
4. Add the palm oil sauce into the yam and beans pot.
5. Allow to cook till the yam is soft and any excess water is dried.
Your yam and beans porridge is ready! Serve warm.

https://www.nigerialog.com/food/how-to-prepare-nigerian-beans-and-yam-porridge/new/#new

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp / Send Me! Send Me!!! All About Food / This Is How To Identify Fake Palm Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.