Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,336 members, 7,864,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

The Reason Why I Withdraw From The Presidential Race – Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reason Why I Withdraw From The Presidential Race – Ezekwesili (298 Views)

Oyigbo Massacre: I Withdraw My Support For Wike - Asiegbu Nnaji, PDP Member / "The Nigeria Air MUST FAIL" - Oby Ezekwesili / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reason Why I Withdraw From The Presidential Race – Ezekwesili by presstimestv: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2019
IT has been an interesting one week since I left the tough but necessary decision to suspend my campaign for the presidency. I’ve been really overwhelmed by the reactions to my statement from Nigerians.

In airports outside the nation as I traveled last week, Nigerians walked up to me with questions, worries, encouragement, and motivation. Additionally, I saw disappointment by some who had poured their hearts and hopes into actualizing our mission to #Fight4Naija, bring back hope to our land and raise 80 million fellow citizens out of poverty. I ask for the forgiveness and understanding of who are hurt by my withdrawal from the race as I take comfort in the fact that they’d agree with my choice to stand with my values instead of compromise. I’m thankful to everyone who traveled with this journey with me, who attended our effort events, who volunteered for the movement, who spread the word and occasionally contended with friends and coworkers, who contributed and invested offline and online. Thank you to the young men and women who owned and accepted our effort, to the women — my sisters and comrades — who walked and worked with me, to every believer and supporter from different tribes, states, religions, and walks of life. You all are champions. Your sacrifices continue to humble and inspire me and I will never forget.

Debunking the lies and falsehoods

I am sure that you’ve all heard some insinuations and allegations because my announcement of withdrawal from the presidential race. My motives have been questioned with various variations of falsehoods being spread. I would like you fellow Nigerians to know that those allegations are alien to my personality and pedigree. The lies were consumed by the perpetrators themselves in a deliberate hostile attack of the stance against bad governance and politics. Allow me to reiterate that the #CitizensFirst effort I conducted was a serious one to which I was committed.

Read more: https://presstimes.ng/the-reason-why-i-withdraw-from-the-presidential-race-ezekwesili/#ixzz5eib6AXQb

(1) (Reply)

How APC Plans To Implicate Atiku, Saraki, Melaye In Gunrunning, Electoral Violen / Some People Might Not Fulfill Their Civil Duties During This February Election / Politics Twist In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.