Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

2019: I’m Only Seeking A Second Term- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I’m Only Seeking A Second Term- Buhari (191 Views)

Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari / Those Calling Me Baba Go Slow Will Be Shocked In My Second Term - Buhari / I Will Do My Best For Nigerians In My 2nd Term - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: I’m Only Seeking A Second Term- Buhari by rajiaishat(f): 7:54am On Feb 06, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari threw a jibe at former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday. He said he was only seeking a second term and not a third term.
The former president is believed to have sought the elongation of his tenure in the twilight of his administration in 2017.
What became the “Third Term Agenda” collapsed when the National Assembly threw out the Constitutional Amendment into which it was inserted.
Speaking at the MKO Abiola Democracy Park in Akure, the Ondo State capital, venue of the APC campaign rally for his re-election, President Buhari, who did not mention Obasanjo’s or anybody’s name, said:
“We have just finished one term and are seeking a second one, and after that, the constitution doesn’t permit anymore,” Tolu Ogunlesi, a Special Assistant to the President on Digital Communications, quoted him as saying.
He went on: “There are some who tried looking for more but they did not succeed. We should learn from their mistakes.”

Continue reading @ https://www.ayeeshpearlblog.org/2019/02/2019-im-only-seeking-second-term-buhari.html

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari / Osinbajo Replies Aviation Professionals: Only Nigerian Pilots Fly Me / ODSG To Partner TAMPAN For Devt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.